Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich presser 8/22

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only thing that would make sense of not saying if JB will play SAT or not is that they will have a better idea if luck will play week one by Sat. Nothing else makes sense why you withhold that info in a pre season game.

My take on it. If Jacoby plays, a good sign they have confidence Luck will be back. Why? He said most 1's will be out. What's the point of one's going against 2's. Same with Jacoby. If he does sit out. Than a chance Luck may not be ready but not for certain. My personal opinion is Jacoby sits but I think they do it just to be safe. If Jacoby was to get hurt with 2nd string oline the backlash the Colts would get especially knowing the whole Luck situation. Just my 2 cents

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah it makes sense. It only makes sense why he wouldn’t say today is they aren’t sure about luck yet. Otherwise there is no reason to not say if he will play. Just strange why you would with hold it until Sat.

I think if he was to say, Jacoby will not play it will set alarms off when that may not be the case. Maybe they rather play safe with both Qb's. At least with him saying it saturday he can avoid as much questioning on why cause obviously Reich is over the Luck questions

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I think if he was to say, Jacoby will not play it will set alarms off when that may not be the case. Maybe they rather play safe with both Qb's. At least with him saying it saturday he can avoid as much questioning on why cause obviously Reich is over the Luck questions

That makes sense. By saying If he was playing or not would have brought more questions on luck. At least now he doesn’t have to answer until next week.

48 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is great to hear. Hoping he's our future #2 next year.

On the JB playtime thing... Not sure anyone could read anything into him playing or not.

Personally, I'd like to see him take 1 series this game with some of the younger WRs that will likely make the team, and let Walker and Kelly split the rest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only thing that would make sense of not saying if JB will play SAT or not is that they will have a better idea if luck will play week one by Sat. Nothing else makes sense why you withhold that info in a pre season game.

I'm okay with them not saying anything. I think they're gonna play everything really close to the vest until week 1. Partly for competitive advantage but also partly because fans/media are hanging on their every word and, well, that'd get pretty annoying.

• Like 2

Great news!  He should be our No.2 next year and the best way to guarantee it is to keep him on the active roster when he is eligible.  As I said in another post starting caliber NFL QB's are hard to find and we have three.  I would hate to see him signed off the practice squad.  He would be no 53 and would be inactive every week.  We only dress 46 or 47 so guaranteeing he remains a Colt by putting him there makes a lot of sense to me. 

Just now, Archer said:

Not over-reading, they may want to get a really good look at Walker and Kelly to help see who should be the #3...

yup, it just stinks CK is out the first 2 games. he won't count against the 53, so we might see a roster cut/shuffle after week 2.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Great news!  He should be our No.2 next year and the best way to guarantee it is to keep him on the active roster when he is eligible.  As I said in another post starting caliber NFL QB's are hard to find and we have three.  I would hate to see him signed off the practice squad.  He would be no 53 and would be inactive every week.  We only dress 46 or 47 so guaranteeing he remains a Colt by putting him there makes a lot of sense to me. 

Kelly has been impressive in preseason but to the bolded - I think I'd pump the breaks on that assertion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe he is considering seeing what Kelly can do with the 1s?  :dunno:

I seriously doubt he would put Luck out there against that Bears starting defense.

The Bears are not playing their 1's this week.

• Thanks 1

I think Luck will start week 1 now. Reich is sitting the 1's for the most part anyway, and now I believe they are keeping quiet and Luck is healthy. Brissett will play a series or two to maintain status quo, then he'll sit in the 4th game. Only thing left to decide is if we keep Kelly, (which I believe we will). I think we're about safe regarding Luck at this point.

28 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Oh, good to know.  Maybe that's why Reich might be considering holding Brissett out?  If the Bears aren't playing their 1s, what's the point of the Colts playing theirs?  :dunno:

If anyone thinks a team can just trot out the starters on game day and expect good things they may be seriously disappointed. These guys need some reps in the practice games.

12 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

If anyone thinks a team can just trot out the starters on game day and expect good things they may be seriously disappointed. These guys need some reps in the practice games.

I think if it wasn’t the 2nd year under Reich you would see them playing more. We are returning almost every starter. He mentioned since it was the second year he wasn’t as concerned. Most teams are doing it so we will see what games look like to start the season.  I think the chargers are playing starters a little more. So that first game should be interesting.

Also when teams do the joint practices that is almost as good as a pre season game.

50 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The Bears are not playing their 1's this week.

Strange?  Most teams use the third pre-season game as a warmup for their starters.  They usually play most of the 1st half, sometimes in to the 2nd half?  Maybe teams are getting wise to the injury risks in these meaningless games.  Thanks for the info!

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

Strange?  Most teams use the third pre-season game as a warmup for their starters.  They usually play most of the 1st half, sometimes in to the 2nd half?  Maybe teams are getting wise to the injury risks in these meaningless games.  Thanks for the info!

Apparently Reich and the bears coach texted each other.  I think we are seeing more of it this year. I will be interested to see the stats from the games tonight and who played.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Apparently Reich and the bears coach texted each other.  I think we are seeing more of it this year. I will be interested to see the stats from the games tonight and who played.

Don't get me wrong as I am all for it.  I have always felt that the pre-season was far too many games.  It is a smart move imho.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get the point of not saying if Brissett  will  play against the bears. It’s a pre season game lol.

Its the third game.

Ballard has to practice his typical GM nothing-said comment as if it was the regular season. GMs also need to get into regular season shape. LOL

This is getting to be the trend.  The Bears didn’t play a lot of starters in the preseason last year and it worked out for them.  Reich is doing it this year.  

Use the preseason to evaluate your new guys and don’t risk your starters outside of practice.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Aaron Rodgers hasn't played 1 minute in the pre-season, Packers = smart. Cam Newton plays and injures his foot, SMH. If I am the Colts I am letting Luck sit in a hot tub until September 8th haha 

Can't double up on likes, but this deserves a bump. LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah it makes sense. It only makes sense why he wouldn’t say today is they aren’t sure about luck yet. Otherwise there is no reason to not say if he will play. Just strange why you would with hold it until Sat with a pre season game.

Another 10 posts about what you are feeling, what you don't get.
Lighten up Frances.