Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just a thought....... Pre - Sky is falling post

MikeCurtis

Im looking forward to the upcoming year.

I have tickets to go to see the Colts play in Tenn and TB this year

Its not been brought up much, but we have to understand that there are transitions occurring on this team

On offense:

As everyone knows, we have changed (a bit) our OL coaching and strategy.

We havent had consistent health accross the line, to give the OL time to adjust to these changes

Anytime you change, there will me a time of growth, where we arent optimum

There will be "holes" in both pass protection, and run blocking...... especially early on

This should get better as we go through the season

On defense,

It appears they are shifting to many more reps with a 1 high safety.

As the defense learns how to play with these new roles, you will see "holes" in pass coverage

This should get better as we go through the season

Unfortunately, even if Andrew was healthy, I was expecting a 2-2 record, as we get our stuff together

And....... Andrew always seems to need some games to get going........

A slow start doesn't mean  anything.......  We just need to stay healthy, and this team can get a home playoff game

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We play 4 AFC opponents the first five games. If we even want to think of s bye week we can’t start slow.

I think the slow start is almost unavoidable

I see 2-2, with or without Luck

Thats NOT a deep hole

11 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think the slow start is almost unavoidable

I see 2-2, with or without Luck

Thats NOT a deep hole

It’s going to be interesting if the defense can carry this team either through rust with luck or with JB these first couple of games. Hopefully Mack will be able to run the ball well to take some of that pressure off as well. 

• Like 1

First 4 weeks I beleive falls on the defense to basically win it. Keep opponents under 17. While offense takes on some pretty tough defenses. I beleive we have the defense to do it. But I think the defense needs punched in the mouth once. I think as bad as that last joint practice was for us I'm hoping today defense 1st team allows 0 points.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matabix said:

First 4 weeks I beleive falls on the defense to basically win it. Keep opponents under 17. While offense takes on some pretty tough defenses. I beleive we have the defense to do it. But I think the defense needs punched in the mouth once. I think as bad as that last joint practice was for us I'm hoping today defense 1st team allows 0 points.

I agree the defense should be way ahead of the offense. If they don't it will be a disappointing year most likely.

• Like 1

Colts first 4 games record

2014 2-2

2015 2-2

2016 1-3

2017 1-3 

2018 1-3

My "gut" says 2-2 

Andrew when healthy, usually needs some reps to get timing down

He hasnt had those reps this year

Fingers crossed for 2-2 (or better)

But......  not going to bet

4 hours ago, Matabix said:

Chloe pointed out something I didn't notice. In 2017 JB had only 7 ints. Can you name the last QB that had under 10 ints but was sacked over 40+ times in a season. If JB plays I'm not worried. 

He threw 170 times less than Luck did last season... He didn't test many downfield because when he held onto the ball longer than 2 seconds, he was crushed. 

• Thanks 1

After watching the first two preseason games I think it's becoming pretty clear who will and will not make the team. Will the next two games be "real game" preparations and integration (without showing game plan strategies)? Or will they become show-cases for players about to be cut?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

After watching the first two preseason games I think it's becoming pretty clear who will and will not make the team. Will the next two games be "real game" preparations and integration (without showing game plan strategies)? Or will they become show-cases for players about to be cut?

I think the starters are going to be playing about a half in the Bears game. But the bengals game it will defiantly be for guys about to be cut. I agree it’s becoming pretty clear. Not that much different then last year.

• Like 1