Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread


Recommended Posts

Myles Turner 8 Blocks and 10 Rebounds tonight, yeah he sucks lets trade him according to some in here lmao . His offensive numbers can be better but we have Sabonis for that. Turner's defense is priceless and some people just keep overlooking it. The Pacers are now 34-24 and realistically have a shot at the 4 seed still. This team isn't as bad as people keep saying they are. We have had a few stinkers lately but it isn't even March yet. Nice blowout win tonight by us.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One good performance doesn't negate a career of underwhelming performances.   He's still averaging less than 12 points and 7 rebounds this year despite being a starting 6'11" C with nearly 3

Terry Rozier got $58 mil for 3 years.....19.3 a year ..and we got Malcolm Brogdon for 21 mil a year   I think we might've gotten a better deal...

Don't like to see first round picks being traded, but it will likely be a late first round pick (20th or later) and you could easily make the case that Brogdon is worth it.  Pritchard is being aggress

Posted Images

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Myles Turner 8 Blocks and 10 Rebounds tonight, yeah he sucks lets trade him according to some in here lmao . His offensive numbers can be better but we have Sabonis for that. Turner's defense is priceless and some people just keep overlooking it. The Pacers are now 34-24 and realistically have a shot at the 4 seed still. This team isn't as bad as people keep saying they are. We have had a few stinkers lately but it isn't even March yet. Nice blowout win tonight by us.

One good performance doesn't negate a career of underwhelming performances.

 

He's still averaging less than 12 points and 7 rebounds this year despite being a starting 6'11" C with nearly 30 mins a night.  You don't pay a guy $20 mil a year and give him starter minutes so he can put up 12 and 7, have a PER of 14.5 (below league average), and have less rebounds than Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Lonzo Ball, and James Harden.  The Pacers are among the worst RPG teams in the league, and Turner has no excuse for his contribution to that.  He's soft.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, Myles said:

That's the thing, the Pacers are too well run to get high draft picks often.

Last top 10 pick (#10) was Paul George.   Before that was 1996 where they also picked at #10.   Gotta go back to 1988 to see the last top 5 pick the Pacers has Smitts at #2).   I wonder if there is another team in the NBA that hasn't had a top 5 pick in over 32 years.   

 

I did a little digging and found this, which confirms your post on when we last picked in the top 10.  Been a long time since we've had a chance to draft a real blue chip player.

 

https://stats.nba.com/draft/history/?Season=&TeamID=1610612754

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

One good performance doesn't negate a career of underwhelming performances.

 

He's still averaging less than 12 points and 7 rebounds this year despite being a starting 6'11" C with nearly 30 mins a night.  You don't pay a guy $20 mil a year and give him starter minutes so he can put up 12 and 7, have a PER of 14.5 (below league average), and have less rebounds than Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Lonzo Ball, and James Harden.  The Pacers are among the worst RPG teams in the league, and Turner has no excuse for his contribution to that.  He's soft.

I here what you are saying but it just wasn't 1 good performance. Turner led the league in Blocks for a whole season last season (played in 74 games) with 2.7 per game. That means he brings it defensively every night. Most guys are all about offense, Turner is about defense which those guys aren't always easy to find.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I here what you are saying but it just wasn't 1 good performance. Turner led the league in Blocks for a whole season last season (played in 74 games) with 2.7 per game. That means he brings it defensively every night. Most guys are all about offense, Turner is about defense which those guys aren't always easy to find.

Again, you don't pay a guy $20 mil a year and give him 30 mins a night so he can be the league leader in blocks.  I understand his defense is elite, but that's not good enough at this level.  He needs to do more

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

I did a little digging and found this, which confirms your post on when we last picked in the top 10.  Been a long time since we've had a chance to draft a real blue chip player.

 

https://stats.nba.com/draft/history/?Season=&TeamID=1610612754

yeah pacers are the only team in the league that has not picked in the top 9 since the 1980s

 

every other team has picked in the top 5 at worst, only a couple have not had top 3

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's unfortunate that everyone basis winning championships on having a great franchise or a great same core team. That is just the business of sports. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and up until they won it all in 2016, I got teased/trolled a lot by my friends and on other sites. It took a championship to shut everyone up and people still throw in it took 108 years lmao . The Pacers have had one of best franchises since 1998 but it gets overlooked because we haven't won a championship. Main reason why we haven't won 1 is because of Michael Jordan and the Bulls, then Kobe and Shaq. In the PG years - we had to face LeBron and Wade.

 

1998 - lost in 7 games to Michael Jordan in the ECFinals. Game 7 was close, we win that series we win the Championship IMO.

 

2000- lost to Kobe and Shaq in the Finals, like anyone in history would've beat that team??

 

2013 - lost to LeBron and Wade in 7 games in the ECFinals.  

 

-Pacers have been unfortunate to have played against some of the greatest teams ever over the last 20 years. We could have 2 or 3 Championships if not for that. My point is lets just enjoy the games, and things are what they are. We don't have a great team right now but they are good and fun to watch most nights. You guys do realize we are on pace to win 50 games? Some people act like we are a 25 win team the way they post in here. Turner doesn't suck, I like Sabonis better but Turner's defense is priceless. We have 2 good Big's, most teams do not and when Dipo gets to 100% we will be a tough out in the playoffs.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's unfortunate that everyone basis winning championships on having a great franchise or a great same core team. That is just the business of sports. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and up until they won it all in 2016, I got teased/trolled a lot by my friends and on other sites. It took a championship to shut everyone up and people still throw in it took 108 years lmao . The Pacers have had one of best franchises since 1998 but it gets overlooked because we haven't won a championship. Main reason why we haven't won 1 is because of Michael Jordan and the Bulls, then Kobe and Shaq. In the PG years - we had to face LeBron and Wade.

 

1998 - lost in 7 games to Michael Jordan in the ECFinals. Game 7 was close, we win that series we win the Championship IMO.

 

2000- lost to Kobe and Shaq in the Finals, like anyone in history would've beat that team??

 

2013 - lost to LeBron and Wade in 7 games in the ECFinals.  

 

-Pacers have been unfortunate to have played against some of the greatest teams ever over the last 20 years. We could have 2 or 3 Championships if not for that. My point is lets just enjoy the games, and things are what they are. We don't have a great team right now but they are good and fun to watch most nights. You guys do realize we are on pace to win 50 games? Some people act like we are a 25 win team the way they post in here. Turner doesn't suck, I like Sabonis better but Turner's defense is priceless. We have 2 good Big's, most teams do not and when Dipo gets to 100% we will be a tough out in the playoffs.

I agree that the Pacers put out a very good team almost every year.   Great run franchise and I am thankful for that.   

 

Those teams and players you mention fit why the Pacers have a near impossible chance at championships.  Jordon - top 3 pick.   Kobe/Shaq - L.A. a preferred destination.  Lebron/Wade - Miami a preferred destination.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

the title is usually won by super teams, puts the pacers in a tough spot.  several lottery picks on the team now and they are pretty fun to watch. 

 

we just have never been able to go from good to great 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the title is usually won by super teams, puts the pacers in a tough spot.  several lottery picks on the team now and they are pretty fun to watch. 

 

we just have never been able to go from good to great 

I am going to sound like cry baby here and Ref whiner but we got screwed in 1998 at Chicago (Game 7). REFS let the Bulls get away with everything. Then again I am guy that likes the Lakers too so I give Kings fans hell complaining about 2002 haha .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 7:13 AM, 21isSuperman said:

Again, you don't pay a guy $20 mil a year and give him 30 mins a night so he can be the league leader in blocks.  I understand his defense is elite, but that's not good enough at this level.  He needs to do more

Actually his defense isn't really that elite.. his defensive rating is nearly identical to Sabonis'. He still can't consistently guard any of the bigs. Sabonis can at least go point for point and rebound with ANY big man in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 4:24 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Actually his defense isn't really that elite.. his defensive rating is nearly identical to Sabonis'. He still can't consistently guard any of the bigs. Sabonis can at least go point for point and rebound with ANY big man in the league.

He had 4 Blocks again tonight and his defense is Elite. When you lead the league in Blocks your defense is Elite. Pacers win again and won without Vic over the Spurs. Pacers have won 4 in a row. Why do people just post when we lose? Any true fan would post and give credit where credit is due after winning 4 in a row. This isn't against you so don't take it wrong but it is funny how nobody posts when we roll, we haven't lost in a week and nobody posts about our wins. We are now 5th in the East only 2 games back of Miami for the #4.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had 4 Blocks again tonight and his defense is Elite. When you lead the league in Blocks your defense is Elite. Pacers win again and won without Vic over the Spurs. Pacers have won 4 in a row. Why do people just post when we lose? Any true fan would post and give credit where credit is due after winning 4 in a row. This isn't against you so don't take it wrong but it is funny how nobody posts when we roll, we haven't lost in a week and nobody posts about our wins. We are now 5th in the East only 2 games back of Miami for the #4.

Getting that 4th seed would be pretty awesome.   Having 7 players averaging double digits in points is nice.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had 4 Blocks again tonight and his defense is Elite. When you lead the league in Blocks your defense is Elite. Pacers win again and won without Vic over the Spurs. Pacers have won 4 in a row. Why do people just post when we lose? Any true fan would post and give credit where credit is due after winning 4 in a row. This isn't against you so don't take it wrong but it is funny how nobody posts when we roll, we haven't lost in a week and nobody posts about our wins. We are now 5th in the East only 2 games back of Miami for the #4.

I'd say it's because they're underwhelming wins. A 4 game winning streak is nice, but the Pacers didn't beat a single playoff team in those 4 games.  It's meaningless to beat up on weak teams.  The last few times the Pacers played a playoff team, it was:

-embarrassing blowout loss to Toronto

-beat the Bucks who didn't have Giannis

-lost to Brooklyn

-lost to Toronto back to back

-lost to Dallas

-lost to Utah

 

The next 5 games will be very telling.  We've got the Bucks, Bulls, Mavs, Celtics, and 76ers coming up.  Let's see how this team responds against some real competition

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beat a healthy Dallas team in Dallas. Dallas has a good team but fall to 39-26. 8-0 run to end it. Luka goes down! Pacers have now won 8 of 10 and improve to 39-25. Turner 16 Points, 13 Rebounds, 3 Blocks. Sabonis 20 Points and 17 Rebounds. Victor with 16 Points and the game winner. Great win!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 7:48 AM, 21isSuperman said:

I'd say it's because they're underwhelming wins. A 4 game winning streak is nice, but the Pacers didn't beat a single playoff team in those 4 games.  It's meaningless to beat up on weak teams.  The last few times the Pacers played a playoff team, it was:

-embarrassing blowout loss to Toronto

-beat the Bucks who didn't have Giannis

-lost to Brooklyn

-lost to Toronto back to back

-lost to Dallas

-lost to Utah

 

The next 5 games will be very telling.  We've got the Bucks, Bulls, Mavs, Celtics, and 76ers coming up.  Let's see how this team responds against some real competition

I disagree.  It's extremely important to beat the teams you should beat.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Myles said:

I disagree.  It's extremely important to beat the teams you should beat.  

Sure, but that's not the measuring stick on how we stack up against the other contenders.  It's great to beat the Knicks and Cavs, but what good is it if you go 1-3 against Toronto and 1-3 against Milwaukee?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sure, but that's not the measuring stick on how we stack up against the other contenders.  It's great to beat the Knicks and Cavs, but what good is it if you go 1-3 against Toronto and 1-3 against Milwaukee?

We may be on the same page.   As a measuring stick, certainly the record against playoff contenders is the thing to watch.    Although for the season, the Pacers are 13-14 against teams over .500.  Not too bad.   That is 8th in the entire NBA.  26-11 against teams below .500.  It's good, but not great.  That leaves them 10th in the league in wins.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

rumors of signing lance again.  i could take him or leave him but it would create some buzz if nothing else

 

or maybe the season is cancelled and this is moot :thinking:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

rumors of signing lance again.  i could take him or leave him but it would create some buzz if nothing else

 

or maybe the season is cancelled and this is moot :thinking:

My guess is that they will resume the season, but it may just go straight to the playoffs.   

 

I don't think we'll have an NCAA tourney this year.   Big time bummer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I am watching the last dance = The 1998 Chicago Bulls. The 1996 Chicago Bulls won the most games in a season that won a championship. 72-10. They weren't the greatest team ever though. Let me say this again they weren't the greatest team ever! They had the greatest player ever in Michael Jordan I will say that but they weren't better than the 1987 Lakers. That Lakers team had 2 of the top 5 players of all-time on that team in Magic and Kareem + James Worthy was every bit as good as Scottie Pippen was. Hell Byron Scott on that Lakers team could give them 20 on any given night. Worthy was a 3rd option on that Lakers team lol, on most teams he would be an easy 2nd option. In this era, Scott and Cooper both could hang with anyone shooting 3's. Cooper once hit 7 3's in the Finals vs the Celtics in 1987 lol. Scott was deadly from 3 too. That Lakers team had 0 weaknesses and were super athletic. 

 

Best teams ever, my list:

1. 1987 Lakers = Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Green, Thompson

 

2. 1996 Bulls = Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Longley, Kerr

 

3. 1986 Celtics = Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, Ainge, Walton

 

4. 2001 Lakers = Shaq, Kobe, Horry, Fisher, Fox

 

5. 2017 Warriors = Curry, Durant, K. Thompson, Green, Iggy

 

 

The 1987 Lakers were deeper than any team and had Magic in his prime and Kareem who could still give you 20 and 10, Bulls weren't beating that team. Kareem would eat the Bulls Big's alive lmao 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

We ready for this start up?

 

I think we can compete in these playoffs and bever know what can.

 

Vic should be healthy. I do think the loss of lamb hurts, but we have plenty of depth in that area, esoexially if Vic is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Vic has shaken off his rust, the Pacers could be a tough out.   

These playoffs could open up with some players on the better teams testing positive for Covid-19 soon.   That can change everything.  

 

I know we are sports fans, but if I think of this from outside the bubble:

The NBA seems a bit arrogant for resuming play.  Puts players and other staff at risk.   They are going to test each player every time they come to the facility.  Is there now an abundance of tests?   I still read of places not having enough tests.   Granted it is not just the NBA, but the NBA game is probably the most likely to spread it since the players are rubbing each other so much.

 

Just a thought.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

If Vic has shaken off his rust, the Pacers could be a tough out.   

These playoffs could open up with some players on the better teams testing positive for Covid-19 soon.   That can change everything.

Yeah, I agree. I think we can definitely be a headache for some teams.

 

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

 

I know we are sports fans, but if I think of this from outside the bubble:

The NBA seems a bit arrogant for resuming play.  Puts players and other staff at risk.   They are going to test each player every time they come to the facility.  Is there now an abundance of tests?   I still read of places not having enough tests.   Granted it is not just the NBA, but the NBA game is probably the most likely to spread it since the players are rubbing each other so much.

 

Just a thought

Agree again, I see a lot more cases than they are anticipating popping up. Orlando area just had a big bump in cases to.

 

I think it is a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully they dont come to regret the decision, but hey, LeBron only has so many more chances to win a title. Can't shut it down(sarcasm). This year might be his last shot if Anthony Davis leaves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

There are 6 teams in front of the Pacers in the updated Vegas odds to win it all this season.  

Bucks

Celtics

Raptors

Heat

76'rs

Nets

 

Hopefully that provides motivation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Myles said:

 

There are 6 teams in front of the Pacers in the updated Vegas odds to win it all this season.  

Bucks

Celtics

Raptors

Heat

76'rs

Nets

 

Hopefully that provides motivation.

Interesting

 

I guess there is 5, because Nets are so high because of Durant.

 

Thats just the East also. Hating on us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

Interesting

 

I guess there is 5, because Nets are so high because of Durant.

 

Thats just the East also. Hating on us.

Durant actually said he is officially out, he isn't playing so the Nets are a non-factor. I think we are better than the Sixers too. Their Chemistry isn't right. If we played the Heat that would be a coin flip IMO. Bucks, Celtics, and Raptors are the top 3. I have to admit, once the Raptors lost Leonard I thought they would be around .500. I was way wrong on that one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Durant actually said he is officially out, he isn't playing so the Nets are a non-factor.

Yeah I know, but vegas increased their odds because of possibility of Durant playing.

 

Nets are for sure non factor. They could still technically miss the playoffs.

 

I agree with the rest of your post as well.

 

Nick Nurse is the man, cant believe Toronto played that well this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, w87r said:

Yeah I know, but vegas increased their odds because of possibility of Durant playing.

 

Nets are for sure non factor.

 

I agree with the rest of your post as well.

 

Nick Nurse is the man, cant believe Toronto played that well this year. 

Nurse has done an awesome job. Lose Leonard, he says Oh well :funny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I forgot the Pacers don't have 1st round pick in the next draft.   Currently their first pick would be at 50.  

Damn, I didn't know that. I am learning all kinds of new stuff today. I see us winning 1 round after that not sure??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Victor is not going to Orlando bubble.

Yeah I just heard, Brogdon is also positive for Corona. Why even have a season? Maybe it will be just LeBron vs Kawhi one on one at this point for the title haha 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I just heard, Brogdon is also positive for Corona. Why even have a season? Maybe it will be just LeBron vs Kawhi one on one at this point for the title haha 

I much prefer the way the WNBA is handling their modifications

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why even have a season?

Because Lebron is running out of Championship opportunities.

 

I never have liked the guy anyway, but his decision to just shut up and dribble really annoys me. If he would of been outspoken about not playing they would of shut it down. But he cares more about his legacy than anything else.

 

As much as I would love to have some sports to entertain me.

 

It shouldn't be going on.

 

 

Already over 10% of players have tested positive or have opted out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vic not playing sucks but that his right. He says it is because he still doesn't feel 100% because of his Quad so if that is true I can see that. When he played earlier this season he didn't look 100% to me, he looked around 80% so why force it. Get well Vic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vic not playing sucks but that his right. He says it is because he still doesn't feel 100% because of his Quad so if that is true I can see that. When he played earlier this season he didn't look 100% to me, he looked around 80% so why force it. Get well Vic.

Yeah I'm not mad at Vic for not playing, but at the same time, it's a huge hit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...