Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I know Westbrook was working out with Kevin Hart.

Harden hasn't made it to the bubble yet either. I suspect he has it to.?

Yeah I am just wondering how so many of these guys get it. They are around a lot of people. I would almost guess I have it but don't feel sick. I am around a lot of people daily at work and touch things they touch, etc.. 

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am just wondering how so many of these guys get it. They are around a lot of people. I would almost guess I have it but don't feel sick. I am around a lot of people daily at work and touch things they touch, etc.. 

Even if you don't, you should go about things as if you do. Just my advice though.

Don't really like to tell people what to do.

Mask up, don't want to end up like me.

This Oladipo situation is sketchy as hell. I guess he had a few good practices in Orlando and is "considering" playing. Something seems off. 

And today on twitter I saw, the NBA and NBPA were discussing the remaining $3M left on his deal. Trying to decide if the Pacers had to pay him the money or not but saw the Pacers were gonna pay him even if he doesn't play.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, landrus13 said:

This Oladipo situation is sketchy as hell. I guess he had a few good practices in Orlando and is "considering" playing. Something seems off. 

And today on twitter I saw, the NBA and NBPA were discussing the remaining $3M left on his deal. Trying to decide if the Pacers had to pay him the money or not but saw the Pacers were gonna pay him even if he doesn't play.

Might be deciding to play for the $$.     

Either way, hopefully he shakes of the rust he had in the 13 games he played in this season.   The Pacers have the best chance to win it all in many years.   

Here are 5 NBA all-time teams going by their natural position labeled by WIKI.

1st team All-NBA

PG - Magic Johnson

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - LeBron James

PF - Tim Duncan (has played C but is labeled PF by WIKI)

C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2nd team All-NBA

PG - Oscar Robertson

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Larry Bird

PF - Karl Malone

C - Wilt Chamberlain

3rd team All-NBA

PG - Jerry West (labeled PG and was PG on the 72 Lakers Title team)

SG - Dwyane Wade

SF - Elgin Baylor

PF - Charles Barkley

C - Shaq O'Neal

4th team All-NBA

PG - Isiah Thomas

SG - Clyde Drexler

SF - Julius Erving (Doctor J)

PF - Dirk Nowitzki

C - Bill Russell

5th team All-NBA

PG - Steph Curry (yes he is labeled as a PG by WIKI)

SG - Reggie Miller

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Kevin McHale

C - Hakeem Olajuwon 

What do you guys think? Miller is the only Pacer that made these teams. PG - John Stockton just missed the cut as did SF - John Havlicek.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1st team All-NBA

PG - Magic Johnson

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - LeBron James

C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2nd team All-NBA

PG - Oscar Robertson

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Larry Bird

PF - Karl Malone

C - Wilt Chamberlain

3rd team All-NBA

SG - Dwyane Wade

SF - Elgin Baylor

PF - Charles Barkley

C - Shaq O'Neal

4th team All-NBA

PG - Isiah Thomas

SG - Clyde Drexler

PF - Dirk Nowitzki

C - Bill Russell

5th team All-NBA

SG - Reggie Miller

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Kevin McHale

C - Hakeem Olajuwon 

What do you guys think? Miller is the only Pacer that made these teams. PG - John Stockton just missed the cut as did SF - John Havlicek.

Agree with a lot of that.

Personally I'm taking Shaq over Wilt(we've already talked about that before)

And no way possible to have 5 teams and not include Stockton. Probably over Zeke.

By the time its over KD should be on that 3rd team

Those are some solid squads.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Agree with a lot of that.

Personally I'm taking Shaq over Wilt(we've already talked about that before)

And no way possible to have 5 teams and not include Stockton. Probably over Zeke.

By the time its over KD should be on that 3rd team

Those are some solid squads.

I hated leaving Stockton off but who do you take off? I think Isiah belongs, he was the face of the Bad Boy Pistons that won 2 Titles in a row, I still have him ahead of Steph. I couldn't fit Scottie Pippen in anywhere either, just way too many great SF's.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hated leaving Stockton off but who do you take off? I think Isiah belongs, he was the face of the Bad Boy Pistons that won 2 Titles in a row, I still have him ahead of Steph. I couldn't fit Scottie Pippen in anywhere either, just way too many great SF's.

I honestly wouldn't have Stockton below the 3rd team.

All time leader in assist(2nd place 3700 behind)and steals.(2nd place almost 600 behind)

Cant just base it off of Championships, Barkley would have to drop down then.

Agree no room for Pippen to be on any of those teams, but he is a beast.

Probably would bump West to SG and take Reggie of the list. Zeke, like I said before or Steph has to go right now?

Stockton has to be on the list.

Kevin Garnet is making my list also. Top 25 all time in pts, reb, steals and blocks. McHale got to go.

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

I honestly wouldn't have Stockton below the 3rd team.

All time leader in assist(2nd place 3700 behind)and steals.(2nd place almost 600 behind)

Cant just base it off of Championships, Barkley would have to drop down then.

Agree no room for Pippen to be on any of those teams, but he is a beast.

Probably would bump West to SG and take Reggie of the list. Zeke, like I said before or Steph has to go right now?

Stockton has to be on the list.

Kevin Garnet is making my list also. Top 25 all time in pts, reb, steals and blocks. McHale got to go.

West could play SG but he is labeled 1st as a PG. I was going by natural positions. If we put West at SG then of course Stockton makes team 5 at worse and Miller would be bumped I agree. Garnett may deserve it over McHale but I am not sure. Barkley said McHale is the hardest guy he ever had to guard. 

Regardless, like I said Stockton isnt below team 3 on my list. Just makes no sense. Can't be convinced other wise. How can you be that far ahead of 2nd place in 2 of top 5 statistical categories and not be on 1 of top 5 teams.

McHale had a solid frame and was tough to guard, but his career doesn't come near Garnetts. Barkley saying McHale was the hardest guard is the standard?

Stockton has 6700 more assist than Zeke, 1400 more steals than Zeke and Zeke only has 1800 steals in his career.

He literally has him almost doubled up.

In response to Dirk/KG post, Im taking Garnett over Dirk all day to. Dirk was one dimensional and only averaged 7.5 rebounds a game as 7 footer. Literally only thing dirk has on KG is scoring. Same amount of Titles

KG:

18th all time in points

9th all time in rebounds

18th all time in steals(2 steals behind Zeke)(only 3 forwards or centers above him)

18th all time in blocks

Top 18 in 4 of 5 biggest statistical categories.

KG is one of the most versatile players in NBA history, if not most versatile.

McHale isn't top 25 in any of those categories.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@w87r, Do you think Stockton is better than Isiah or Steph? I guess that would be the question regarding Stockton. I know Stockton is the all-time leader in Assists and Steals but those other 2 guys were beasts as well. 

Yes and its not very close, IMO. Not just all time leader in those 2 categories, all time leader by a landslide over 2nd place.

Steph and Zeke scored more and have Championships, but Stockton had 2nd leading scorer all time(for now) on his team for his whole career.

Steph still has time to add to his legacy.

Im not trying to diminish either one of them either, but imo, no way to leave Stockton off.

Or Garnett.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Regardless, like I said Stockton isnt below team 3 on my list. Just makes no sense. Can't be convinced other wise. How can you be that far ahead of 2nd place in 2 of top 5 statistical categories and not be on 1 of top 5 teams.

McHale had a solid frame and was tough to guard, but his career doesn't come near Garnetts. Barkley saying McHale was the hardest guard is the standard?

Stockton has 6700 more assist than Zeke, 1400 more steals than Zeke and Zeke only has 1800 steals in his career.

He literally has him almost doubled up.

In response to Dirk/KG post, Im taking Garnett over Dirk all day to. Dirk was one dimensional and only averaged 7.5 rebounds a game as 7 footer. Literally only thing dirk has on KG is scoring. Same amount of Titles

KG:

18th all time in points

9th all time in rebounds

18th all time in steals(2 steals behind Zeke)(only 3 forwards or centers above him)

18th all time in blocks

Top 18 in 4 of 5 biggest statistical categories.

KG is one of the most versatile players in NBA history, if not most versatile.

McHale isn't top 25 in any of those categories.

I can buy Garnett over McHale but over Dirk, NAH. Dirk offensively was unstoppable from short range and long range. When the Mavs won the Title in 2011 he carried that team with no other all-star, Kidd was still good but old, Terry was good but not an all-star. Garnett played on a stacked team with Pierce, Allen, and Rondo. Garnett's teams in Minny never did much. Garnett didn't even win Finals MVP when the Celtics won in 2008, Pierce did.

Your point about Stockton is well taken, I have no debate for it in reality, I would take Steph off then because no way Isiah doesn't belong on one of those teams. He played in the toughest era of basketball and had to beat teams like the 80's Celtics, 80's Lakers, and 90's Bulls to win championships. Isiah also won an NCAA Title in college. He was a much more dangerous scorer than Stockton was. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He played in the toughest era of basketball and had to beat teams like the 80's Celtics, 80's Lakers, and 90's Bulls to win championships. Isiah also won an NCAA Title in college. He was a much more dangerous scorer than Stockton was. 

I definitely agree on the era he played, in regards to Zeke vs Steph. Tbh, though I'm leaning on taking Westbrook over both of them.

Stockton played in that era as well, didnt win the title, but like I said earlier neither did Barkley.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can buy Garnett over McHale but over Dirk, NAH

I can see the argument, but literally Dirk is a 1 dimensional player vs like I said maybe the most versatile player in history. 

If Dirk rebounded more or protected the rim a little better, maybe.

And trust me I loved that Dirk beat Lebron in the Finals. Couldn't of been happier.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I definitely agree on the era he played, in regards to Zeke vs Steph. Tbh, though I'm leaning on taking Westbrook over both of them.

Stockton played in that era as well, didnt win the title, but like I said earlier neither did Barkley.

I can see the argument, but literally Dirk is a 1 dimensional player vs like I said maybe the most versatile player in history. 

If Dirk rebounded more or protected the rim a little better, maybe.

And trust me I loved that Dirk beat Lebron in the Finals. Couldn't of been happier.

Stockton and Malone probably had the best team ever that never won a title. I would say their 1997 team was their chance. Nobody could beat Chicago back then, that was the problem. That Jazz team had the series tied at 2-2 and Game 5 at home where they were 9-0 at the time and just couldn't close. Bulls beat them 90-88. In 1998 the Jazz had another chance against the Bulls but it was Jordan again :wall: 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stockton and Malone probably had the best team ever that never won a title. I would say their 1997 team was their chance. Nobody could beat Chicago back then, that was the problem. That Jazz team had the series tied at 2-2 and Game 5 at home where they were 9-0 at the time and just couldn't close. Bulls beat them 90-88. In 1998 the Jazz had another chance against the Bulls but it was Jordan again :wall: 

Coached by a fellow TriStater and a UE Purple Ace Athlete like my Dad

Tough choices with a bunch of these.   The different eras comes into play.

I assume these teams were made up of the best players at each position and not necessarily the best 5 to make up each team.  For instance, I think the #1 team would actually be a tougher team to beat with Jordan having Bird at SF over James.     

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jerry Sloan was awesome.

He finished up at UE a year before my Dad arrived in campus but he came back to campus to work out et al

My Dad tells a story about how he and a few of his Football teammates got into a pickup ballgame against JS and his Bull Teammates before they realized it

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Tough choices with a bunch of these.   The different eras comes into play.

I assume these teams were made up of the best players at each position and not necessarily the best 5 to make up each team.  For instance, I think the #1 team would actually be a tougher team to beat with Jordan having Bird at SF over James.     

I would love a team like this:

PG - Magic

SG - Jordan

SF - Bird (because he is a floor spacer that is deadly from 3)

PF - Malone (he ran the floor better than Tim, Magic would love him)

C - Kareem

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love a team like this:

PG - Magic

SG - Jordan

SF - Bird (because he is a floor spacer that is deadly from 3)

PF - Malone (he ran the floor better than Tim, Magic would love him)

C - Kareem

6th man - LeBron James = can play SF or PF, even PG 

7th man - Kobe Bryant SG, yeah 82-0

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6th man - LeBron James = can play SF or PF, even PG 

7th man - Kobe Bryant SG, yeah 82-0

I think I's take Dirk at the 7th over Kobe.   He'd fit a team better at SG, SF or PF.

LeBron would be a good choice at 6th.   

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think I's take Dirk at the 7th over Kobe.   He'd fit a team better at SG, SF or PF.

LeBron would be a good choice at 6th.   

What makes Dirk so valuable is he is a great floor spacer. He is deadly from 3. I always thought Dirk was great but when he and the Mavs won it all in 2011 that put him in my elite. Nobody gave the Mavs a chance against the Heat in 2011 and the Heat even had HCA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1st team All-NBA

PG - Magic Johnson

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - LeBron James

C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2nd team All-NBA

PG - Oscar Robertson

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Larry Bird

PF - Karl Malone

C - Wilt Chamberlain

3rd team All-NBA

SG - Dwyane Wade

SF - Elgin Baylor

PF - Charles Barkley

C - Shaq O'Neal

4th team All-NBA

PG - Isiah Thomas

SG - Clyde Drexler

PF - Dirk Nowitzki

C - Bill Russell

5th team All-NBA

SG - Reggie Miller

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Kevin McHale

C - Hakeem Olajuwon 

Heck I'd take the second team against anyone!  just saying...

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Victor plays I like our chances, not sure he is though??

At this point I'm ready to move on from VO.

He has played in scrimmages, no reason for him not to suit up.

He's really starting to annoy me.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

At this point I'm ready to move on from VO.

He has played in scrimmages, no reason for him not to suit up.

He's really starting to annoy me.

Yeah hasn't seemed like he has been in the right frame of mind but if he comes to his senses and is healthy we need him to go deep in the playoffs IMO.

Archived