Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

Because Lebron is running out of Championship opportunities.

I never have liked the guy anyway, but his decision to just shut up and dribble really annoys me. If he would of been outspoken about not playing they would of shut it down. But he cares more about his legacy than anything else.

As much as I would love to have some sports to entertain me.

It shouldn't be going on.

Already over 10% of players have tested positive or have opted out.

No matter what he accomplishes from here on out he will never be the GOAT anyway, that is Micheal Jeffrey Jordan, Magic Johnson at his peak was better too. Just to compare Magic vs LeBron:

Championships = Magic 5, LeBron 3

Finals appearances = Magic 9, LeBron 9 that is actually even for the LeBron fans using the Warriors excuse for not winning more championships. Magic went 9 times.

Efficiency = Magic 52% FG's, LeBron 50% FG's. Magic 85% FT's, LeBron 74% FT's for their careers. Most LeBron fans use efficiency as to LeBron being the best ever. Magic was more efficient.

Finals MVP's = Magic 3, LeBron 3. Even

League MVP's = LeBron 4, Magic 3. LeBron has only 1 more but has played 6 more seasons than Magic did.

-Magic won Finals MVP as a rookie and a championship, LeBron couldn't win a championship until his 9th season and had to join Wade and Bosh to do so.

-LeBron will have much more career points and rebounds but it is because he has played a lot longer. Magic will still have more assists even if LeBron plays 20 years.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to make this into another list thing, but oh well I will :funny:. As of today, my top 5 of all-time would be:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 6 championships, 6 League MVP's. All-time leading scorer in NBA history. Skyhook, most unstoppable shot ever.

4. LeBron James would be here and that is beyond reasonable IMO. LeBron has been the best player of this generation that is obvious.

5. It would be between Larry Bird and Kobe Bryant. 2 different types of players but both were beyond great in their era's. Kobe wasn't even in this convo until he won 2 championships without Shaq. Kobe had a talented roster in 2009 and 2010 but Gasol was nowhere as great as Shaq was. LeBron's Heat teams were more talented than the 2009 or 2010 Lakers. Larry Bird was Larry Bird, Magic's main nemesis. Larry won 3 straight League MVP's from 1984-1986 and won 3 championships. He has won just as many as LeBron has.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No matter what he accomplishes from here on out he will never be the GOAT anyway, that is Micheal Jeffrey Jordan, Magic Johnson at his peak was better too. Just to compare Magic vs LeBron:

Championships = Magic 5, LeBron 3

Finals appearances = Magic 9, LeBron 9 that is actually even for the LeBron fans using the Warriors excuse for not winning more championships. Magic went 9 times.

Efficiency = Magic 52% FG's, LeBron 50% FG's. Magic 85% FT's, LeBron 74% FT's for their careers. Most LeBron fans use efficiency as to LeBron being the best ever. Magic was more efficient.

Finals MVP's = Magic 3, LeBron 3. Even

League MVP's = LeBron 4, Magic 3. LeBron has only 1 more but has played 6 more seasons than Magic did.

-Magic won Finals MVP as a rookie and a championship, LeBron couldn't win a championship until his 9th season and had to join Wade and Bosh to do so.

-LeBron will have much more career points and rebounds but it is because he has played a lot longer. Magic will still have more assists even if LeBron plays 20 years.

Magic is my guy. Whole reason I'm a Laker fan. Then carried on with Kobe. Obviously love my Pacers, but Lakers are my out of market team.

I won't even rout for Lakers while Lebron is there. Hopefully AD bounces on his * too.

Lebron will never be goat.

Soft flopping *. Goats dont flop, especially 6'8" 250lbers.

Wouldn't have #2 if not for Ray Allen hitting that 3 against SA, to save his *.

Wouldn't have #3 if he didn't whine and get Draymond suspended for that game 5. Then Kyrie hitting series winner in game 7.

Then what he would be 1-8 in the finals? Lol. 3-6 is bad enough.

Most codependent Superstar ever.

I wish Lebron had to play in the NBA before it got all soft. Would of loved to see him get rocked by Lambeer, Oakley, Anthony Mason, Mchale, Parrish, etc...  See him get through the East then.

In your list in post above this one.

I'm taking Kobe all day over Lebron.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sorry for the vent.

I think Kobe could handle 80's and 90's play better than LeBron. Regarding who I liked more, I liked Kobe better but LeBron is the better all-around player at least by today's rules. As far as SG's go, Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan. Making lists are tough because if one just went by peak, 2000-2002 Shaq was the most unstoppable force by a mile. He struggled with FT's but was so dominant. You had to double him which opened everything up and when he got it down low 2 feet and in it was over, a dunk. Shaq is in my top 10 of all-time.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sorry for the vent.

Guess I'm going to continue it. Different vent.

Oladipo is traveling with the team though.

I find it totally asinine that players that are not playing are even allowed to go.

Not sure how that makes sense at all. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Guess I'm going to continue it. Different vent.

Oladipo is traveling with the team though.

I find it totally asinine that players that are not playing are even allowed to go.

Not sure how that makes sense at all. 

The main reason Dipo may not be playing is because of his quad injury so the Corona may have nothing to do with his thinking but it is just a guess. As I posted earlier, he never looked 100% healthy, he looked good but not 100%. He may be just be cautious at this point but wants to be there for his team. It sucks for us but we weren't winning it all anyway this year anyway. It will either be the Lakers or Clippers who win it IMO. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shaq is in my top 10 of all-time

I will give a top 8:

Mine looks like this:

1. Magic

2. Jordan

3. Kobe

4. Kareem

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. Duncan

Something like that. Could swap Kobe and Kareem, I suppose.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The main reason Dipo may not be playing is because of his quad injury so the Corona may have nothing to do with his thinking but it is just a guess. As I posted earlier, he never looked 100% healthy, he looked good but not 100%. He may be just be cautious at this point but wants to be there for his team. It sucks for us but we weren't winning it all anyway this year anyway. It will either be the Lakers or Clippers who win it IMO. 

Yeah, I know it's not for covid concerns.(vic not playing) I just feel anyone not playing has no reason to be there. 

I don't think any of the players should be there personally, so a player not playing, definitely shouldn't be there, IMO.

Just now, w87r said:

I will give a top 8:

Mine looks like this:

1. Magic

2. Jordan

3. Kobe

4. Kareem

5. Lebron

6. Bird

7. Shaq

8. Duncan

Something like that. Could swap Kobe and Kareem, I suppose.

Yeah my top 8 would be:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. LeBron

5. Bird

6. Kobe, more like 5b lol

7. Wilt

8. Shaq

-both Wilt and Shaq are pretty equal, I would take either over Russell who's offensive game wasn't near as great as those 2 guys. Russell won more championships but played with a stacked all-star team his whole career. I went old school with Wilt as he was the original Shaq. Wilt once averaged 50 points and 25 rebounds in 1 season. It was against players smaller than him for the most part but that is still video game stuff. He also had 100 points in 1 game. He won 2 championships with 2 different teams as well.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah my top 8 would be:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. LeBron

5. Bird

6. Kobe, more like 5b lol

7. Wilt

8. Shaq

-both Wilt and Shaq are pretty equal, I would take either over Russell who's offensive game wasn't near as great as those 2 guys. Russell won more championships but played with a stacked all-star team his whole career. I went old school with Wilt as he was the original Shaq. Wilt once averaged 50 points and 25 rebounds in 1 season. It was against players smaller than him for the most part but that is still video game stuff. He also had 100 points in 1 game. He won 2 championships with 2 different teams as well.

My issue with Wilt is he was a man amongst boys. He would get ate up by Shaq. Any other era he would still be elite, but not what he was.

Wilt could put numbers up, but Bill Russell had his number when it mattered most.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

My issue with Wilt is he was a man amongst boys. He would get ate up by Shaq. Any other era he would still be elite, but not what he was.

Wilt could put numbers up, but Bill Russell had his number when it mattered most.

If I just did a list since the NBA merger which was 1977 it would be:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. LeBron

5. Bird

6. Kobe

7. Shaq

8. Duncan

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Where do you rank Duncan?

see above, he would've been 9th with Wilt included.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I just did a list since the NBA merger which was 1977 it would be:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. LeBron

5. Bird

6. Kobe

7. Shaq

8. Duncan

see above, he would've been 9th with Wilt included.

Well damn.

Looks like good minds think a like. Not to sure how many people have that same top 8(players, not same order). :hat:

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Well damn.

Looks like good minds think a like. Not to sure how many people have that same top 8. :hat:

Yeah we have the same players which is rare, just a few in different order. Our thinking is the right thinking. Kobe arguably belongs at #4 ahead of LeBron and Bird but my top 3 is set. Jabbar just has to many key records and championships not be in the top 3. He even won 3 straight championships in college lol.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just saw Lance isn't an option for us, he is ineligible.

We were about to sign him in March too, before the shut down.

Would of been nice to bring him in.

Lance was exciting to watch, he was a good player here but never panned out anywhere else. His home is here.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we have the same players which is rare, just a few in different order. Our thinking is the right thinking. Kobe arguably belongs at #4 ahead of LeBron and Bird but my top 3 is set. Jabbar just has to many key records and championships not be in the top 3. He even won 3 straight championships in college lol.

I edited my lost to reflect that.

Yeah, it can be argued either way.

My reasoning is I give a bump to the guys that can create their own opportunities. Centers usually need help from ball handlers to reach peak efficiency.

Kareem no doubt could be #1, with all his accomplishments.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I edited my lost to reflect that.

Yeah, it can be argued either way.

My reasoning is I give a bump to the guys that can create their own opportunities. Centers usually need help from ball handlers to reach peak efficiency.

Kareem no doubt could be #1, with all his accomplishments.

Yeah I tend to give floor players more of the benefit as well. Centers need to be fed the ball is why so I get it. The thing about Kareem was he could shoot a 12 foot hook lol. Once he got the ball he could shoot a long hook or dribble in and dunk it. He had pretty good dribbling skills and for a Center shot FT's well. 

I wonder who the Pacers are going to bring in to replace Vic?

Pretty thin at the 2 with no Vic, no Lamb.

Some options:

CJ Miles

Joe Johnson(could be interesting)

Jamal Crawford(can't tell if he wants to play and not getting offers, or doesn't and is getting offers?)

Gerald Green

Allen Crabbers

Alonzo Trier

Iman Shumpert

?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jamal Crawford still around. That guy is old but can still ball for a couple of months.

I listed him above.

Saw a tweet the other day. It was talking about Crawford scored 50pts in his last game and was still unsigned.

He responded with, there is clearly something else going on.

Like I said above, not sure how to take that? Then he said after that he would figure out sometime next season when/if its time to hang it up.

Not sure if he is going through some things now and doesn't want to sign, or just no one is offering him a deal?

I listed him above.

Saw a tweet the other day. It was talking about Crawford scored 50pts in his last game and was still unsigned.

He responded with, there is clearly something else going on.

Like I said above, not sure how to take that? Then he said after that he would figure out sometime next season when/if its time to hang it up.

Not sure if he is going through some things now and doesn't want to sign, or just no one is offering him a deal?

He is very underrated, a lot like Lou Williams is. An explosive offensive player. I would love to have him.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That doesn't make much sense lol. Not sure why either?

J. Michael: The #Pacers would have to waive a player to sign someone else to replace Oladipo. Not doing that, I’m told. Their priority remains getting out of this in one piece. Not advancing in the playoffs. Other teams feel the same way. This isn’t a typical postseason

– via Twitter ThisIsJMichael

Why even go.

Just now, w87r said:

J. Michael: The #Pacers would have to waive a player to sign someone else to replace Oladipo. Not doing that, I’m told. Their priority remains getting out of this in one piece. Not advancing in the playoffs. Other teams feel the same way. This isn’t a typical postseason

– via Twitter ThisIsJMichael

Why even go.

Yeah if they don't care about advancing in the playoffs, why go?? I agree. I joked the other day and said LeBron should just play Kawhi one on one in a 7 game series to determine the title. Each game to 20, a FG is 1 point, a 3pt FG is 2 points lmao . I would actually watch that haha 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if they don't care about advancing in the playoffs, why go?? I agree. I joked the other day and said LeBron should just play Kawhi one on one in a 7 game series to determine the title. Each game to 20, a FG is 1 point, a 3pt FG is 2 points lmao . I would actually watch that haha 

I got Leonard

Kawhi you ask, defense.

I would say it's a pick'em, Kawhi is in his prime so may have a stamina advantage. LeBron is so strong though, he would still be hard to stop going to the basket. Of course they would need a Ref too for fouls. Imagine Jordan vs Kobe both in their primes playing each other, they would kill each other to win. They both would probably need an ice bath after every game.

9 hours ago, w87r said:

Their priority remains getting out of this in one piece. Not advancing in the playoffs.

i can kind of understand that, especially with victor out but it does make it weird for fans

i'll watch there isnt much else to do now, but its hard to be excited about it

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i can kind of understand that, especially with victor out but it does make it weird for fans

i'll watch there isnt much else to do now, but its hard to be excited about it

Yeah, same.

Its just so bad for the product and competition level.

I'm very bummed with Dipo's decision.   

I thought, with this crazy NBA playoffs, that it is the year that a less than elite level team could win it all.   Any of the favorites could lose a couple very good players and be vulnerable.   Granted the Pacers were good without him, but I expect the Pacers to lose a few players too and to already lose Dipo is huge.   

Lebron is such a tool bag.

sorry sarah silverman GIF by HULU

Sorry for language in GIF. Lol

Seriously though dude is so self centered that he isn't even putting anything on jersey other than his name.

Not that I think people should have to, but he talks a big game about equality and again is just choosing to shut up and dribble.

What a clown

Oladipo might play after all?

That would give us a legit shot at coming out of East, IMO.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/victor-oladipo-to-play-in-bubble-after-all/

Excerpt:

There is growing belief Pacers star Victor Oladipo will attempt to play in the NBA’s restarted season after multiple strong team practices in Orlando

Oladipo has been fully participating in five-on-five scrimmages in Orlando, and there’s now optimism around his playing status, sources say

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Oladipo might play after all?

That would give us a legit shot at coming out of East, IMO.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/victor-oladipo-to-play-in-bubble-after-all/

Excerpt:

There is growing belief Pacers star Victor Oladipo will attempt to play in the NBA’s restarted season after multiple strong team practices in Orlando

Oladipo has been fully participating in five-on-five scrimmages in Orlando, and there’s now optimism around his playing status, sources say

Great news. By the way Russell Westbrook just tested positive for the Corona Virus. How are these top notch athlete's getting this virus when they have great immune systems and are young? Are they around the wrong people? 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great news. By the way Russell Westbrook just tested positive for the Corona Virus. How are these top notch athlete's getting this virus when they have great immune systems and are young? Are they around the wrong people? 

I know Westbrook was working out with Kevin Hart.

Harden hasn't made it to the bubble yet either. I suspect he has it to.?

Archived