Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
MTC

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

With the NBA draft occurring tonight, it is probably a good time to start a new thread to start the 2019-2020 NBA season.

 

The Pacers have the 18th and 50th overall pick. They have been mentioned as a possible trade partner to acquire the 4th pick from the Pelicans and the 10th pick from the Hawks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New rumor coming from Alex Kennedy:

 

 


TJ Warren is a decent shooter, but has been known to be injury prone. Not sure what we would give up to acquire him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MTC said:

With the NBA draft occurring tonight, it is probably a good time to start a new thread to start the 2019-2020 NBA season.

 

The Pacers have the 18th and 50th overall pick. They have been mentioned as a possible trade partner to acquire the 4th pick from the Pelicans and the 10th pick from the Hawks.

I am glad Conley got traded to the Jazz. I did not want him, too old. The Draft will be interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another draft rumor:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pacers are reportedly moving on from Thad Young:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god.

 

 

I guess this is a goodbye to Bojan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Pacers also add pick #32

 

We have a realistic chance to get Carsen Edwards now. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MTC said:

 

We have a realistic chance to get Carsen Edwards now. 

It looks like the only thing the Pacers gave up was cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ Warren and 2nd round pick for cash considerations is a pretty solid deal.

 

Nice start to the off-season.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It looks like the only thing the Pacers gave up was cash

I'm sure there is a extremely protected 2nd rounder in there somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

TJ Warren and 2nd round pick for cash considerations is a pretty solid deal.

 

Nice start to the off-season.

I'm sure there is a extremely protected 2nd rounder in there somewhere.

Doesn’t look like anything else but I could be Wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Doesn’t look like anything else but I could be Wrong 

That's what I'm seeing everywhere to.

 

For cash and protected future 2nd just to take his 3yr $35m on. Pretty cheap deal really for a guy that avg 18pts 4reb 1stl .7 blocks per game while shooting 48% from field and 43% from downtown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, w87r said:

That's what I'm seeing everywhere to.

 

For cash and protected future 2nd just to take his 3yr $35m on. Pretty cheap deal really for a guy that avg 18pts 4reb 1stl .7 blocks per game while shooting 48% from field and 43% from downtown.

Will leave the Pacers with 13 Mill of Spendable money after July 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Will leave the Pacers with 13 Mill of Spendable money after July 6

31 mil not 13 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Big trade between NO and ATL

Yeah it was.

 

#4, S. Hill contract

 

For

 

#8, #17, #35 2020 Cle 1st(protected)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah it was.

 

#4, S. Hill contract

 

For

 

#8, #17, #35 2020 Cle 1st(protected)

Pick 57 was involved too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MTC said:

New rumor coming from Alex Kennedy:

 

 


TJ Warren is a decent shooter, but has been known to be injury prone. Not sure what we would give up to acquire him. 

He's under contract for 3 years...at a good rate.

I like it..we gave up nothing.

He starts if we don't resign Thad..

..and we get a 2nd round pick, too?

 

No way not to like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He's under contract for 3 years...at a good rate.

I like it..we gave up nothing.

He starts if we don't resign Thad..

..and we get a 2nd round pick, too?

 

No way not to like this

Sounds impressive to me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sounds impressive to me

It says he s a small forward  (I really haven't watched the Suns) so I'm gonna guess he's Bogdonavic backup or his replacement...

I don't think Doug McDermott is going to be with us much longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We now have 3 picks tonight....and if we use them all...it suggests we're projecting to have  a low paid bench..

..perhaps so we can sign a significant free agent

 

..we still have the cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Just heard an interesting  piece of info 

  The Pacers could add Ricky Rubio in FA

He's an upgrade over Collison and he's 3 years younger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not crazy about the TJ Warren trade. Talent wise he makes sense as the Pacers have been like to lose at least one of Bogy or Thad (if not both) and Warren is likely better than another forward they sign for similar money.

 

The guy has been injury prone though. I think the most games he has played in a single season has been 65. 

 

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

THis does not make sense for us

I agree the Pacers do not need another Big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I'm not crazy about the TJ Warren trade. Talent wise he makes sense as the Pacers have been like to lose at least one of Bogy or Thad (if not both) and Warren is likely better than another forward they sign for similar money.

 

The guy has been injury prone though. I think the most games he has played in a single season has been 65. 

 

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

Everybody is injury prone.....ar..

Most of our guys are.   Lets not anticipate injury

 

I'm watching some highlights..This guy can create his own show and he can run the floor.

He's young and he's low paid..  At 18 a game..(often coming off the bench) there's a ton of upside here

 

and hang on..I think something else is coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Everybody is injury prone.....ar..

Most of our guys are.   Lets not anticipate injury

 

I'm watching some highlights..This guy can create his own show and he can run the floor.

He's young and he's low paid..  At 18 a game..(often coming off the bench) there's a ton of upside here

 

and hang on..I think something else is coming

 

Fair.

 

Apparently he has some connection to David West - I read somewhere saying West has been a mentor to Warren. That certainly can't hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ar7 said:

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

typical pacers move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

Fair.

 

Apparently he has some connection to David West - I read somewhere saying West has been a mentor to Warren. That certainly can't hurt.

 

A few minutes after the trade was announced:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

typical pacers move

as is a lateral move like signing Rubio.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hawks might be a team to watch out for in the east in a year or two. They are putting together a nice group of players. Selecting DeAndre Hunter and Cameron Reddish tonight to go with Trae Young and John Collins...pretty nice group. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Adam V,   youll likely never see this, but thanks for all the wonder years and memories. If you are officially at the end of your career, you sir, are the GOAT!    Thank you!  
    • I some what agree, Fact is every team in the league face or have faced the exact same thing you said every season. So to me,thats not really the difference maker. What I do  believe what you said is we have a ton of cap space and the colts need to use it now, not in the next 5 years. Older fans like myself are dying every year and can not wait 5 years or longer. Get it done today,not tomorrow.I've a colts fan for 56 years now since I've been 8 years old and 2 only rings in all that time is totally unacceptable,for any team. Esp. considering we have Manning for what 13 of those years and only 1 ring. That really stinks.  
    • What a choke job by the Colts yesterday.  That zone defense was getting buzz sawed.  Walker, Ya-Sin and Quincy were popular targets.  Sickening.  Every time you see those guys or anyone really, give up a catch in coverage, they're a full step off coverage.  Felt like rarely you saw a contested catch.   Then the putrid offense in the 4th quarter... Just the epitome of inefficiency.  I felt like I was watching a Pagano run offense.  We could not run the ball for (Matt Foley voice) jack squat.  All day long.  Our best runs were scrambles and there was an outside zone I believe that netted 13 yards.  But pretty much other than that, nothing.  Especially up the middle.  Apparently that was a no fly zone.    It was nice to see Brissett throwing downfield.  Hope he does that more often, but dear lord the accuracy of practically all his throws except the TD to Pascal was awful.  Throwing behind guys, the long throws looked like the ball had a parachute on the descent.  Plus they were underthrown.  A better secondary would have picked at least two of them.    We looked lost out there a couple of times with the timeout call after we had already taken a timeout.  The play was just as befuddling.  It's a wonder we even put up points on the scoreboard despite the play.  The JB  pass to himself, Marcus Johnson was wide open, but Glowinsky looked like he tried to pass protect with his eyes closed.  I thought that was a bad call, but the OL has to give JB a fighting chance.  I don't care for any excuses about young OL, you are a paid professional and you are one of the better offensive lines in the league, you can't miss that badly when you are in a 4th-down-do-or-die situation.   What's the capital of Thailand?  Yeah, there were 53 guys doing that to themselves along with the coaching staff.
    • he can throw a hell of a ball if the WR is wide the hell open but so can 95% of the league
    • Watch him come back next season to kick one single time for the 600...   Seriously though, no player scored more points then him and there's no one even close. He's the best and the clutchest to ever kick a ball in the history of the universe. Maybe even better than Pelé, and this is a brazilian speaking.   Wish a happy life for the old, but still young man.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...