Indianapolis Colts
MTC

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

With the NBA draft occurring tonight, it is probably a good time to start a new thread to start the 2019-2020 NBA season.

The Pacers have the 18th and 50th overall pick. They have been mentioned as a possible trade partner to acquire the 4th pick from the Pelicans and the 10th pick from the Hawks.

• Like 2

New rumor coming from Alex Kennedy:

TJ Warren is a decent shooter, but has been known to be injury prone. Not sure what we would give up to acquire him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTC said:

With the NBA draft occurring tonight, it is probably a good time to start a new thread to start the 2019-2020 NBA season.

The Pacers have the 18th and 50th overall pick. They have been mentioned as a possible trade partner to acquire the 4th pick from the Pelicans and the 10th pick from the Hawks.

I am glad Conley got traded to the Jazz. I did not want him, too old. The Draft will be interesting.

• Like 1

Another draft rumor:

Pacers are reportedly moving on from Thad Young:

Oh my god.

I guess this is a goodbye to Bojan. 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Pacers also add pick #32

We have a realistic chance to get Carsen Edwards now. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

We have a realistic chance to get Carsen Edwards now. 

It looks like the only thing the Pacers gave up was cash

TJ Warren and 2nd round pick for cash considerations is a pretty solid deal.

Nice start to the off-season.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It looks like the only thing the Pacers gave up was cash

I'm sure there is a extremely protected 2nd rounder in there somewhere.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

TJ Warren and 2nd round pick for cash considerations is a pretty solid deal.

Nice start to the off-season.

I'm sure there is a extremely protected 2nd rounder in there somewhere.

Doesn’t look like anything else but I could be Wrong 

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Doesn’t look like anything else but I could be Wrong 

That's what I'm seeing everywhere to.

For cash and protected future 2nd just to take his 3yr $35m on. Pretty cheap deal really for a guy that avg 18pts 4reb 1stl .7 blocks per game while shooting 48% from field and 43% from downtown.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

That's what I'm seeing everywhere to.

For cash and protected future 2nd just to take his 3yr $35m on. Pretty cheap deal really for a guy that avg 18pts 4reb 1stl .7 blocks per game while shooting 48% from field and 43% from downtown.

Will leave the Pacers with 13 Mill of Spendable money after July 6

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Will leave the Pacers with 13 Mill of Spendable money after July 6

31 mil not 13 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Big trade between NO and ATL

Yeah it was.

#4, S. Hill contract

For

#8, #17, #35 2020 Cle 1st(protected)

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah it was.

#4, S. Hill contract

For

#8, #17, #35 2020 Cle 1st(protected)

Pick 57 was involved too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MTC said:

New rumor coming from Alex Kennedy:

TJ Warren is a decent shooter, but has been known to be injury prone. Not sure what we would give up to acquire him. 

He's under contract for 3 years...at a good rate.

I like it..we gave up nothing.

He starts if we don't resign Thad..

..and we get a 2nd round pick, too?

No way not to like this

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He's under contract for 3 years...at a good rate.

I like it..we gave up nothing.

He starts if we don't resign Thad..

..and we get a 2nd round pick, too?

No way not to like this

Sounds impressive to me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sounds impressive to me

It says he s a small forward  (I really haven't watched the Suns) so I'm gonna guess he's Bogdonavic backup or his replacement...

I don't think Doug McDermott is going to be with us much longer

We now have 3 picks tonight....and if we use them all...it suggests we're projecting to have  a low paid bench..

..perhaps so we can sign a significant free agent

..we still have the cash

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Just heard an interesting  piece of info 

The Pacers could add Ricky Rubio in FA

He's an upgrade over Collison and he's 3 years younger

I'm not crazy about the TJ Warren trade. Talent wise he makes sense as the Pacers have been like to lose at least one of Bogy or Thad (if not both) and Warren is likely better than another forward they sign for similar money.

The guy has been injury prone though. I think the most games he has played in a single season has been 65. 

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

THis does not make sense for us

I agree the Pacers do not need another Big

21 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I'm not crazy about the TJ Warren trade. Talent wise he makes sense as the Pacers have been like to lose at least one of Bogy or Thad (if not both) and Warren is likely better than another forward they sign for similar money.

The guy has been injury prone though. I think the most games he has played in a single season has been 65. 

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

Everybody is injury prone.....ar..

Most of our guys are.   Lets not anticipate injury

I'm watching some highlights..This guy can create his own show and he can run the floor.

He's young and he's low paid..  At 18 a game..(often coming off the bench) there's a ton of upside here

and hang on..I think something else is coming

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Everybody is injury prone.....ar..

Most of our guys are.   Lets not anticipate injury

I'm watching some highlights..This guy can create his own show and he can run the floor.

He's young and he's low paid..  At 18 a game..(often coming off the bench) there's a ton of upside here

and hang on..I think something else is coming

Fair.

Apparently he has some connection to David West - I read somewhere saying West has been a mentor to Warren. That certainly can't hurt.

46 minutes ago, ar7 said:

typical pacers move

15 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Fair.

Apparently he has some connection to David West - I read somewhere saying West has been a mentor to Warren. That certainly can't hurt.

A few minutes after the trade was announced:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

typical pacers move

as is a lateral move like signing Rubio.

• Thanks 1

The Hawks might be a team to watch out for in the east in a year or two. They are putting together a nice group of players. Selecting DeAndre Hunter and Cameron Reddish tonight to go with Trae Young and John Collins...pretty nice group. 

• Like 1