Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

With the NBA draft occurring tonight, it is probably a good time to start a new thread to start the 2019-2020 NBA season.

The Pacers have the 18th and 50th overall pick. They have been mentioned as a possible trade partner to acquire the 4th pick from the Pelicans and the 10th pick from the Hawks.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MTC said:

With the NBA draft occurring tonight, it is probably a good time to start a new thread to start the 2019-2020 NBA season.

The Pacers have the 18th and 50th overall pick. They have been mentioned as a possible trade partner to acquire the 4th pick from the Pelicans and the 10th pick from the Hawks.

I am glad Conley got traded to the Jazz. I did not want him, too old. The Draft will be interesting.

TJ Warren and 2nd round pick for cash considerations is a pretty solid deal.

Nice start to the off-season.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It looks like the only thing the Pacers gave up was cash

I'm sure there is a extremely protected 2nd rounder in there somewhere.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Doesn’t look like anything else but I could be Wrong 

That's what I'm seeing everywhere to.

For cash and protected future 2nd just to take his 3yr $35m on. Pretty cheap deal really for a guy that avg 18pts 4reb 1stl .7 blocks per game while shooting 48% from field and 43% from downtown.

Just now, w87r said:

That's what I'm seeing everywhere to.

For cash and protected future 2nd just to take his 3yr $35m on. Pretty cheap deal really for a guy that avg 18pts 4reb 1stl .7 blocks per game while shooting 48% from field and 43% from downtown.

Will leave the Pacers with 13 Mill of Spendable money after July 6

5 hours ago, MTC said:

New rumor coming from Alex Kennedy:

TJ Warren is a decent shooter, but has been known to be injury prone. Not sure what we would give up to acquire him. 

He's under contract for 3 years...at a good rate.

I like it..we gave up nothing.

He starts if we don't resign Thad..

..and we get a 2nd round pick, too?

No way not to like this

I'm not crazy about the TJ Warren trade. Talent wise he makes sense as the Pacers have been like to lose at least one of Bogy or Thad (if not both) and Warren is likely better than another forward they sign for similar money.

The guy has been injury prone though. I think the most games he has played in a single season has been 65. 

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

21 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I'm not crazy about the TJ Warren trade. Talent wise he makes sense as the Pacers have been like to lose at least one of Bogy or Thad (if not both) and Warren is likely better than another forward they sign for similar money.

The guy has been injury prone though. I think the most games he has played in a single season has been 65. 

It's not a super risky move nor did it cost the Pacers much. I'm just not sure there is a ton of upside to this move.

Everybody is injury prone.....ar..

Most of our guys are.   Lets not anticipate injury

I'm watching some highlights..This guy can create his own show and he can run the floor.

He's young and he's low paid..  At 18 a game..(often coming off the bench) there's a ton of upside here

and hang on..I think something else is coming

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Everybody is injury prone.....ar..

Most of our guys are.   Lets not anticipate injury

I'm watching some highlights..This guy can create his own show and he can run the floor.

He's young and he's low paid..  At 18 a game..(often coming off the bench) there's a ton of upside here

and hang on..I think something else is coming

Fair.

Apparently he has some connection to David West - I read somewhere saying West has been a mentor to Warren. That certainly can't hurt.

15 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Fair.

Apparently he has some connection to David West - I read somewhere saying West has been a mentor to Warren. That certainly can't hurt.

A few minutes after the trade was announced:

The Hawks might be a team to watch out for in the east in a year or two. They are putting together a nice group of players. Selecting DeAndre Hunter and Cameron Reddish tonight to go with Trae Young and John Collins...pretty nice group. 

Archived