Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Just now, w87r said:

Trading a 1st and 2 future 2nds for Brogdon

I like adding Brogdon but I hate to see a 1st being traded. I understand it in certain situation like when the Pacers dealt Plumlee and a 1st to Phoenix for Luis Scola. Dealing one now when your star is injured and you are rebuilding the team? I don't like it. Hopefully it's heavily protected.

I didn't think the Bucks had the cap space to match for Brogdon. I guess so? I think he's a pretty big loss for them.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6-foot-8....26   TJ Warren - SF

6-foot 11, 23..Myles Turner - PF

6-fot-10,  23...Domantas Sabonis  - C

6-foot-5, 27....Malcolm Brogdon - PG

6-foot-5, 27 …..Jeremy Lamb - SG

we got a lot younger

Its going to take a lot of getting used to.....but that should be a good young team.

5 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I like adding Brogdon but I hate to see a 1st being traded. I understand it in certain situation like when the Pacers dealt Plumlee and a 1st to Phoenix for Luis Scola. Dealing one now when your star is injured and you are rebuilding the team? I don't like it. Hopefully it's heavily protected.

I didn't think the Bucks had the cap space to match for Brogdon. I guess so? I think he's a pretty big loss for them.

Don't like to see first round picks being traded, but it will likely be a late first round pick (20th or later) and you could easily make the case that Brogdon is worth it.  Pritchard is being aggressive and making some moves.  This should be a really fun team to watch when Oladipo gets back, especially in the wide open East.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brogdon is ours! Great move by Indy. That makes up for losing Bogey and not signing Rubio. How we pulled that out, I have no idea. Brogdon is a borderline all-star. This guy just turned 26. He is a lot better than Rubio.

Brogdon was rookie of the year...right?

This is just like 2 years ago....when we signed or traded for an entire team

The Bench is

Goga at center....

Holiday and Edmund Sumner at guard

McDermott at SF

Leaf at PF

..and we still have Alize Johnson.

Suddenly everybody is well under 30

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Brogdon was rookie of the year...right?

This is just like 2 years ago....when we signed or traded for an entire team

The Bench is

Goga at center....

Holiday and Edmund Sumner at guard

McDermott at SF

Leaf at PF

..and we still have Alize Johnson.

Suddenly everybody is well under 30

When Victor gets healthy, our back court will be Brogdon and Vic. Any word on Thad yet?

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Don't like to see first round picks being traded, but it will likely be a late first round pick (20th or later) and you could easily make the case that Brogdon is worth it.  Pritchard is being aggressive and making some moves.  This should be a really fun team to watch when Oladipo gets back, especially in the wide open East.

Exactly Supe..

We were 48-34 …we weren't great...….and we drafted 18th

There isn't a scenario where we draft in the top 10 unless we just throw the entire season...

I didn't think we had a chance with Brogdon....I didn't think we'd pay $20 mil

He could be our second all-star

If the Pacers can sign D'lo or Tobias and Kawhi goes to LA, the Eastern conference could be Indy's for the taking

Milwaukee is still talented, but lost a great player in Brogdon and Giannis needs to learn how to shoot, since we saw the Raptors exploit that last year.

Raptors are the defending champs, but depends on what Kawhi does

Nets won't have Durant next year and could be beatable

Celtics lost a lot this offseason; they'll be good, but beatable

Philly remains a good team, but beatable

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I love Brogdon. I didn't think there was no way the Bucks would let him go. He is not good, he is very good and young, only 26.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

If the Pacers can sign D'lo or Tobias and Kawhi goes to LA, the Eastern conference could be Indy's for the taking

Milwaukee is still talented, but lost a great player in Brogdon and Giannis needs to learn how to shoot, since we saw the Raptors exploit that last year.

Raptors are the defending champs, but depends on what Kawhi does

Nets won't have Durant next year and could be beatable

Celtics lost a lot this offseason; they'll be good, but beatable

Philly remains a good team, but beatable

I dont understand why Milwaukee paid good bucks to Robin Lopez....

….with the tradeoff being losing Brogdon

What we did here was give ourselves a new 'window'

The Bogdonavic, Young, Collison. Joseph window had closed with Vic stil being hurt

Now..we have a team in their early mid-to-late 20s.

We have about 3 or 4 years with this group.

I'm sad because of the favorites we lost but we got a lot of proven talent.....and except for Brogdon..we got 'em cheap

31 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Next year's draft class isn't that special and it's highly unlikely that it's a lottery pick.

Put my phone down for 5 minutes and the trade occurred. Pritchard, you madman. Love this move and I would much rather have Brogdon than Rubio. Thankfully they didn't try and sign Rubio at 3/51. Brogdon also fits our timeline a lot better.

Brogdon and Dipo are going to make a great backcourt. Brogdon/Lamb/Warren/Domas/Turner when Dipo is out. Brogdon/Dipo/Warren/Domas/Turner lineup when Dipo is back. I think that lineup is pretty solid. Just need to add some depth at the 3/4 position.

This is the type of move that the Pacers need to make if they want to compete.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

50/40/90%

And great defense.

That's the thing.....87,

We still have Myles to block shots and Sabonis to rebound....

Lamb is just Okay defensively but Brogdon and Vic in the backcourt eventually will be an issue in the East...

In fact..who has a better backcourt than Brogdon and Vic in the East..

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

50/40/90%

And great defense.

I still can't believe we got Brogdon. Look at the young players we have. All 26 and younger = Vic, Brogdon, Turner, and Sabonis as far as all-star potential and Vic is an easy all-star/superstar when healthy. Brogdon plays like an all-star. 50/40/90 is Reggie material.

The Pacers will need to sign a forward who can do some of the things that Thad did for them. Maybe Stanley Johnson? I'm not trying to imply Johnson is as good as Thad but someone like that is needed now at either forward spot. This team has plenty of guys to score now especially if the Warren trade still becomes official. 

1 minute ago, ar7 said:

The Pacers will need to sign a forward who can do some of the things that Thad did for them. Maybe Stanley Johnson? I'm not trying to imply Johnson is as good as Thad but someone like that is needed now at either forward spot. This team has plenty of guys to score now especially if the Warren trade still becomes official. 

We need a big guy that is mean haha . I wish Maurice Lucas was available, just joking but that type.

5 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Very good point..we need a 'dirty work' guy

Maybe it could be Alize Johnson

Today was an odd feeling because I like almost everybody on last year's team. I liked how hard they tried… I loved the defense

But I think all the expiring contracts said: Its time to reboot.

yr management did a great job

We acquired a former rookie of the year who has all-star potential.

After the first of the year..we may start two all-stars in the backcourt

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need a big guy that is mean haha . I wish Maurice Lucas was available, just joking but that type.

Yeah...does David West want to com out of retirement??

Tobias Harris signed with the 76ers..

..which means Jimmy Butler is probably gone

5 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Got the junk yard dog. Alize Johnson

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Got the junk yard dog. Alize Johnson

I think he's that guy….87......nobody stops him from rebounding

He does one thing very well.....

I can see him coming off the bench and grabbing 8-10 boards a game

Might not score a point...but he'll rebound and hustle

10 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Pacers still have some cap space left (I think ~5 mil). They also have the MLE. Move McDermott and that's more money. I think they can sign a couple solid guys with that money.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I think he's that guy….87......nobody stops him from rebounding

He does one thing very well.....

I can see him coming off the bench and grabbing 8-10 boards a game

Might not score a point...but he'll rebound and hustle

Yeah, I'm a fan

Just now, w87r said:

Brogdon, Holiday, Sumner

Lamb, (VO), 

Warren, McBuckets, Bowen(2-way)

Sabonis, Leaf, Alize Johnson

Turner, Goga

Still would like to bring Lance in.

We also have an exception to use.

Lance would be that 'energy guy' off the bench.

..and he played great with Sabonis

the kicker is: We don't know how good Goga is or isn't. I have no idea

Archived