Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That's the thing.

The Cousins we saw last year might have been 'rehab cus'

Cousins is going to have to accept that LBJ is the man....

'Second fiddle' is the only instrument you can play on a tea with LeBron on it

I think Cousins will be fine with it if hes 100%. He played well with Anthony Davis in NOLA. 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's the thing.

The Cousins we saw last year might have been 'rehab cus'

Cousins is going to have to accept that LBJ is the man....

'Second fiddle' is the only instrument you can play on a tea with LeBron on it

I think Cousins will be 3rd fiddle actually. Davis is better but Cousins when 100% is a beast.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If they resign Rondo…..that team will be tough to beat...even for the Clippers

I think they will win it all now for sure. Of course if the chemistry isn't right for some reason that could derail them but the Clippers may have the same problem. Leonard and George play the same position. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think they will win it all now for sure. Of course if the chemistry isn't right for some reason that could derail them but the Clippers may have the same problem. Leonard and George play the same position. 

Pretty good bet the West rolls through California again. Clippers Lakers and though there may be a bit of a drop off but the Warriors should still be very good too. 

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

They did bring Rondo back

I..just saw it. That's big

He played with Anthony Davis..and they were good together..

///This means LBJ wont play the point much and wont wear out with his old self

….they can take LBJ off the floor and still have Rondo, Cousins, Davis, Kuzma and a shooter (Kyle Korver) to be named later

The NBA may actually be interesting for the first time in a while. Though there are some top heavy teams out west, the east and west are mostly wide open. I don't think there is a warriors type of team out there thats just head and shoulders better than everybody. You could make arguments for several teams making the finals this year. Its finally not a "Oh it'll be the warriors again yawn" type of NBA.

Lakers will start Rondo IMO, they will start:

PG - Rondo

SG - Green

SF - LeBron

PF - Davis

C - Cousins

Kuzma, Cook, McGee, Pope will all come off the bench. That is a strong 9. The Clippers have nobody that can guard Davis. LeBron and Leonard will offset one another. Leonard is better defensively but LeBron will still score 25 against the Clippers or anyone pretty much 90% of the time. With this team, LeBron may be like Magic more than ever and average 10 assists a game. Green is a deadly 3 point shooter.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers will start Rondo IMO, they will start:

PG - Rondo

SG - Green

SF - LeBron

PF - Davis

C - Cousins

Kuzma, Cook, McGee, Pope will all come off the bench. That is a strong 9. The Clippers have nobody that can guard Davis. LeBron and Leonard will offset one another. Leonard is better defensively but LeBron will still score 25 against the Clippers or anyone pretty much 90% of the time. With this team, LeBron may be like Magic more than ever and average 10 assists a game. Green is a deadly 3 point shooter.

I agree with the starting lineup. That’s a really good bench unit as well. Lakers might be the favorite. That’s not good

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The NBA may actually be interesting for the first time in a while. Though there are some top heavy teams out west, the east and west are mostly wide open. I don't think there is a warriors type of team out there thats just head and shoulders better than everybody. You could make arguments for several teams making the finals this year. Its finally not a "Oh it'll be the warriors again yawn" type of NBA.

no we just moved it to " oh it'll be the lakers or clippers again yawn"

If I am a Thunder fan I have to be flat out disgusted with how their FO has functioned over the last decade. They had a potential dynasty in the making in 2012 when they lost in the finals. That team once had Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka on it in 2012. They now won't have any of those guys. They should've paid Harden back in 2012. They traded Paul George away for draft picks for cry an out loud after giving up Oladipo to get him. I don't blame Westbrook for wanting out lol. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I am a Thunder fan I have to be flat out disgusted with how their FO has functioned over the last decade. They had a potential dynasty in the making in 2012 when they lost in the finals. That team once had Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka on it in 2012. They now won't have any of those guys. They should've paid Harden back in 2012. They traded Paul George away for draft picks for cry an out loud after giving up Oladipo to get him. I don't blame Westbrook for wanting out lol. 

I think Westbrook is a big reason why they left. Apparently everybody hates playing with him.

It is crazy the amount of talent they've had though and did pretty much nothing with it. A team with Westbrook, Harden and Durant should win a championship even if the rest of the team sucked.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes I'm with you they don't look real competent after the string of moves.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, they traded Paul George for a couple great reasons.
 #1 He asked to be traded.
 #2 The owners were forking over a lot of luxury tax money for a team that would not be so good. Kinda dumb! 
 Now they can pray to dump Westbrook, and the $170M guaranteed, and start over.
 Just the way the cards fall sometimes. I would have agreed with keeping Harden and Durant and dumping Westbrook years ago.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to mention their bland logo and uniforms!!!  Seriously, they had such a solid, talented roster, but that doesn't always mean success if big egos are involved.  Will be interesting to see how the two LA teams function this season with the infusion of "superstars" to those rosters.

59 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Carsen Edwards is going to be a really good player IMO. Been balling out for the Celtics in the summer league.

I wanted the Pacers to draft him in the second round before we traded that pick.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:17 PM, oldunclemark said:

Okay so we aren't going to win the Summer League

Aaron Holiday looks physically stronger than he was last year...

Alize and Holiday have flashed.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:46 PM, MTC said:

Did anyone here watch the press conference with Malcolm Brogdon? Really seems like a nice guy with strong character and leadership. 

I did. It was really refreshing to hear someone who genuinely sounds happy to be here. I understand that Jeremy Lamb, having signed here, may be content with being here, but it doesn't seem in his character to be very outgoing in interviews, which is perfectly fine. TJ Warren is a man of even fewer words. Not a knock on either guy, just a stark contrast to Brogdon's interview.

I'm very excited to see what Brogdon brings to the team. He seems like a cerebral point guard that knows how to get guys in position to get good looks. He comes off as very unselfish, acknowledging that this is Vic's team and even going as far as to say that he wants to make Vic an All-Star each year. I was way more excited after his interview, admittedly. 

And here's the news, 2006Coltsbestever and Colts fans, from https://www.nba.com/ .  

A juggernaut of the 2019 NBA Free Agency period IMO.   I wonder and also hope if the NBA considers having their free agency period right after the NBA Finals, then move down the NBA Draft as late as late June to early July,  just before the NBA Summer Leagues.  Similar to the NFL, when veteran free agency starts by mid-March, and the NFL Draft on the last week of April?  Just sayin'.  Maybe bring more parody within the entire NBA.

BTW,  are the Pacers involved in this year's NBA Free Agent acquiring and signings?

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/11/report-russell-westbrook-traded-chris-paul-rockets-thunder

20 minutes ago, LucasOilStadium said:

And here's the news, 2006Coltsbestever and Colts fans, from https://www,nba.com/ .  

A juggernaut of the 2019 NBA Free Agency period IMO.   I wonder and also hope if the NBA considers having their free agency period right after the NBA Finals, then move down the NBA Draft as late as late June to early July,  just before the NBA Summer Leagues.  Similar to the NFL, when veteran free agency starts by mid-March, and the NFL Draft on the last week of April?  Just sayin'.  Maybe bring more parody within the entire NBA.

BTW,  are the Pacers involved in this year's NBA Free Agent acquiring and signings?

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/11/report-russell-westbrook-traded-chris-paul-rockets-thunder

Yeah we got Brogdon who is a very good player from the Bucks of all people. We lost Bogey though and Thad. Collison retired. 

.....and former Pacer Paul George signed with the LA Clippers after coming from the OKC Thunder.  Kawhi Leonard reduced his contract from four years to  a two-year contract to equal  George's two-year contract. Seems based on talent, the Clippers are the better LA team than the Lakers.  Lakers lost the free-agent agent signing to Leonard.   Leonard grew up in Southern California, played his high school ball in Moreno Valley and Riverside, CA, then played his college ball as a San Diego State Aztec.

37 minutes ago, LucasOilStadium said:

.....and former Pacer Paul George signed with the LA Clippers after coming from the OKC Thunder.  Kawhi Leonard reduced his contract from four years to  a two-year contract to equal  George's two-year contract. Seems based on talent, the Clippers are the better LA team than the Lakers.  Lakers lost the free-agent agent signing to Leonard.   Leonard grew up in Southern California, played his high school ball in Moreno Valley and Riverside, CA, then played his college ball as a San Diego State Aztec.

Lakers have Anthony Davis through a trade though so IMO the Lakers are better as long as LeBron proves to be still great. To me LeBron still has 2 great years left, he just got injured last year. Davis is a monster inside. Lakers also signed Cousins for cheap, when healthy Cousins is great. Lakers also signed Danny Green for 3 point shooting. He is deadly from 3.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Well Westbrook is back to playing with Harden lol. 

Im shocked...but it does make sense..

Westbrook and Harden know each other..

..and Chris Paul gets a chance to be the No. 1 guy

the salaries match...

This is craziness......but I like that Westbrook didn't go to Miami

4 hours ago, Shinobi said:

I did. It was really refreshing to hear someone who genuinely sounds happy to be here. I understand that Jeremy Lamb, having signed here, may be content with being here, but it doesn't seem in his character to be very outgoing in interviews, which is perfectly fine. TJ Warren is a man of even fewer words. Not a knock on either guy, just a stark contrast to Brogdon's interview.

I'm very excited to see what Brogdon brings to the team. He seems like a cerebral point guard that knows how to get guys in position to get good looks. He comes off as very unselfish, acknowledging that this is Vic's team and even going as far as to say that he wants to make Vic an All-Star each year. I was way more excited after his interview, admittedly. 

My only concern is that this is a team full of strangers...

...Goga gets no summer league..

Vic and Brogdon wont get any training camp together

On paper we should be good after the first of the year

Before then, it could be a little ugly

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

WOW! Thanks, I haven't heard. How in the world will Harden and Westbrook play together haha .

Remember when  we heard that Harden and Chris Paul couldn't play together

Eventually, they couldn't..

Both Westbrook and Harden DEMAND the ball in their hands, don't they.

Archived