Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/2/2019 at 7:27 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That 2000 team that lost to LA was just overmatched and that wasn't even our best team IMO. We had no answer for Shaq, nobody did that whole year. We made the Finals but the 1998 team was better that took MJ 7 games (ECFinals). If we get by them and we should've we would've played an older Jazz ream who had a banged up Jeff Hornacek. We may have won that series.

Absolutely not the team that got suspensions from the Brawl in Detroit was hands down the best in the league that particular year.

The earthquakes in Los Angeles/Las Vegas area.....

...…...have postponed some of the Las Vegas summer league games..

Goga isn't there yet..(visa problems) so a postponement would actually be good for us...

On a larger point:  If there was earthquake Thursday where you lived...

..and then there was a bigger earth quake Friday where you lived….

….wouldnt you at least get out of the area for the weekend?

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to bed after this because I have to work at 5 in the morning. I will leave with this, without Turner our Defense would suck. Why don't some people in here realize that. He is a true rim protector. 

Well, we played Myles half the games and our offense DID suck.

And, if as you say,  our defense would suck without Myles, why did we draft Goga, supposedly an elite rim protector...….Goga isn't a '4'..If you move Myles to the '4' defensively, to allow Goga to play with him, Myles cant protect the rim.  And if he cant protect the rim playing the '4' and he averages 14 points a game (and Sabonis averages more points, more rebounds and more assists than Myles does), how valuable is Myles to us overall? Let's be honest.

'Some people in here' are having a tough time understanding this.

Not Pacers news, but in a very interesting turn of events, Paul George was traded from the Thunder to the Clippers. Clippers send 5 first rounders, 2 pick swaps, Danilo Gallinari and SGA. He'll join Kawhi Leonard and just like that, the Clippers increased their talent tremendously. They played well last year in their own right, so this will definitely be interesting.

PG, Kawhi, and Pat Bev will definitely be a tough defense to score against!

20 minutes ago, Shinobi said:

Not Pacers news, but in a very interesting turn of events, Paul George was traded from the Thunder to the Clippers. Clippers send 5 first rounders, 2 pick swaps, Danilo Gallinari and SGA. He'll join Kawhi Leonard and just like that, the Clippers increased their talent tremendously. They played well last year in their own right, so this will definitely be interesting.

PG, Kawhi, and Pat Bev will definitely be a tough defense to score against!

This is a super shocker.....

Paul George has talked for 2 years how he loves OKC???

PG and Kawhi….vs. LeBron and Anthony Davis?   The battle for L.A. is on....

OKC is wrecked…you cant play draft choices….Toronto is wrecked..

But they have that one title.

Lakers..might be better off. They can used $30 mil in cap space to put prime parts around Davis and James...and not suit up seven minimum cash fillers.

Rondo probably going back to L.A.  Probably Lance, too.

Probably Kyle Korver.  Maybe DeMarcus Cousins.

Super shocker. You just never know.

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

literally the only thing I've ever agreed with BBZ on. people need to stop crapping on myles 

Some people just do not appreciate the players we have, in football as well. I have seen people in here bad mouth TY Hilton and say he isn't a #1 lol. I would like Myles to score more but his defense is not replaceable. He will still get you around 15 points a night which isn't scrubbish. He can also hit 3's, in today's game that is needed for big's.

4 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Absolutely not the team that got suspensions from the Brawl in Detroit was hands down the best in the league that particular year.

Yeah that sucked, I still think the 98 team was better. Inside we had Rik Smits who was still very good and the Davis brothers. Reggie was in his prime that season as well.

I will go as far to say that the 98 Pacers may be the best team ever not to win a championship. The 97 Jazz were healthy and solid with Malone, Stockton, and Hornacek and the 2002 Kings were as well with Webber, Bibby, Peja, and Divac. In 98 the Jazz weren't healthy in the finals with Hornacek playing on 1 leg basically. If we get past Michael, I think we win it all in 98. We were so close to beating the Bulls in 98 in a Game 7.

Clippers was his preferred destination the entire time. He requested for them to get PG as well. Didn’t see that one coming at all. Just reinforces the point that elite players don’t want to play with Westbrook. Can’t win a championship with him as a top 2 option

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some people just do not appreciate the players we have, in football as well. I have seen people in here bad mouth TY Hilton and say he isn't a #1 lol. I would like Myles to score more but his defense is not replaceable. He will still get you around 15 points a night which isn't scrubbish. He can also hit 3's, in today's game that is needed for big's.

Myles isnt a great defender..He's a great shotblocker. There's a difference.

If Myles is irreplaceable as a shot blocker..why did we draft Goga?

See what I mean?

It doenst matter who appreciates who. We have 3 guys who are 5s and we cant keep all 3.

Agreed?

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

See what I mean?

It doenst matter who appreciates who. We have 3 guys who are 5s and we cant keep all 3.

Agreed?

Myles is one of the best rim protectors in the league, take him away and our defense isn't near as good. We have had this discussion before and we will have to agree to disagree I guess. One of the 1st things a GM looks for in a big is, is he a rim protector regarding a Center or can he shoot 3's. We have basically the best rim protector in basketball and he can shoot 3's. Not much else to say. 

Myles is a decent player and nothing wrong with having a decent player, that said though he should be better than what he is IMO. Great shotblocker but often lets more physical players push him around. Never forget a few years ago how badly Tristan Thompson bullied Myles so badly and we lost a playoff series we should've won because of it. Hes a solid player, but he has such great athleticism that he should be a great player.

40 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Clippers was his preferred destination the entire time. He requested for them to get PG as well. Didn’t see that one coming at all. Just reinforces the point that elite players don’t want to play with Westbrook. Can’t win a championship with him as a top 2 option

If LeBron stays healthy, I do not see the Clippers beating the Lakers. Lakers are not even done yet filling out their roster. Clippers have Leonard, George, Williams to lean on. Lakers have LeBron who still has 2 great years left IMO, AD = the best big in basketball, Kuzma who is good, and now Danny Green. I bet they get Korver too.

56 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

See what I mean?

Agreed?

Gee whizz. #1, Goga was the best player available. How hard is that to understand?

And Most of top 10 drafted 19 year old players never pan out or take 3-4 years to get solid.
 Now we have TWO centers and a 4 and a 1/2. Sabonis can't protect the rim so he is best continuing playing as a backup center against 2nd teamers.
 Few here like the idea of him playing a lot of minutes as a power forward because too many can go around him, and he is a drag on the offense out there as a stretch shooter. I gotta believe he is working hard on his shot. And he may yet be a 38% 'er someday taking some Volume out there and quash that issue. Lots of 23 year olds are better by age 25-26-27. 

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The earthquakes in Los Angeles/Las Vegas area.....

...…...have postponed some of the Las Vegas summer league games..

Goga isn't there yet..(visa problems) so a postponement would actually be good for us...

On a larger point:  If there was earthquake Thursday where you lived...

..and then there was a bigger earth quake Friday where you lived….

….wouldnt you at least get out of the area for the weekend?

The first quake did not affect Vegas

57 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Myles is a decent player and nothing wrong with having a decent player, that said though he should be better than what he is IMO. Great shotblocker but often lets more physical players push him around. Never forget a few years ago how badly Tristan Thompson bullied Myles so badly and we lost a playoff series we should've won because of it. Hes a solid player, but he has such great athleticism that he should be a great player.

Gee, a 19 year old that should have been developing as a backup got bullied by a veteran. Who'd a thunk it?
 And i recall Myles had many doubters pre-draft because he ran funny. There were serious worries about his ability to get up and down the court fast enough. Hmmm! Who does that sound like?
 I'll bet he is working hard on his strength and mobility, and his ceiling is as a better athlete overall someday soon.
 No, he still isn't a great athlete because he lacks some foot quickness. And that is a problem in todays small ball. But it is still HIGHLY valued to have a center that can contest shots in the paint. And i expect Myles will continue to improve as a Highly Prized lane defender.
 There is a Long history of shot blockers covering for weaker defenders. A funny thing about that, it makes for a lot of rebound opportunities for the weak side rebounder. You know, power forwards cleaning up the boards.
 Myles has played 28 minutes a game the last 2 seasons. Let's hope that as he peaks athletically, there will be some playoff series where he matches up well and can play 34-35 minutes. Then again, Goga is pretty impressive as a 18 year old and in a couple years he may have a really solid enough game to play a Quality 14-20 min. a game.
I am tickled where we are at at center right now.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, a 19 year old that should have been developing as a backup got bullied by a veteran. Who'd a thunk it?
 And i recall Myles had many doubters pre-draft because he ran funny. There were serious worries about his ability to get up and down the court fast enough. Hmmm! Who does that sound like?
 I'll bet he is working hard on his strength and mobility, and his ceiling is as a better athlete overall someday soon.
 No, he still isn't a great athlete because he lacks some foot quickness. And that is a problem in todays small ball. But it is still HIGHLY valued to have a center that can contest shots in the paint. And i expect Myles will continue to improve as a Highly Prized lane defender.
 There is a Long history of shot blockers covering for weaker defenders. A funny thing about that, it makes for a lot of rebound opportunities for the weak side rebounder. You know, power forwards cleaning up the boards.
 Myles has played 28 minutes a game the last 2 seasons. Let's hope that as he peaks athletically, there will be some playoff series where he matches up well and can play 34-35 minutes. Then again, Goga is pretty impressive as a 18 year old and in a couple years he may have a really solid enough game to play a Quality 14-20 min. a game.

Most people forget Myles is only 23. I like him FWIW and think he is good. He isn't great but has plenty of time to become great.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers just signed Quinn Cook. I am assuming he will start at PG for them. He played good with the Warriors and shoots 42% from 3 lifetime. Their starting lineup looks to be:

PG Cook

SG Green

SF LeBron

PF Davis

C McGee

Kuzma as a 6th man is real dangerous. 

I don’t know why the Pelicans didn’t ask for Kuzma as well. He’s better than both Lonzo and Ingram. No way I would’ve done that deal without including Kuzma

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I don’t know why the Pelicans didn’t ask for Kuzma as well. He’s better than both Lonzo and Ingram. No way I would’ve done that deal without including Kuzma

I agree 100%. I have been saying this to everyone. He was the Lakers best player outside of LeBron. Lakers won that deal because they got to keep Kuzma.

Here will be the Lakers lineup more than likely:

PG Cook

SG Green - he is good for 3 3's a night.

SF LeBron - 25/8/8 nightly.

PF Davis - 25/12 nightly and a great rim protector.

C McGee - good rim protector.

Kuzma will be the 6th man.

Pope was even re-signed.

-If they sign Korver this team will win 60 games in its sleep lmao . Alone they will automatically get 50 points from LeBron and Davis and their defense inside will be great. Kuzma off the bench gives them 15 points, what a luxury to have. Danny Green is the killer get because on any given night he can hit 5 or 6 3's for them. Cook and Pope can shoot lights out as well. McGee at Center is even halfway decent and not a scrub.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

See what I mean?

Agreed?

We drafted Goga cause sabonis sucks at defense and they want the D to improve in the 2nd unit. drafting Goga has nothing to do with Myles like you think it does.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We drafted Goga cause sabonis sucks at defense and they want the D to improve in the 2nd unit. drafting Goga has nothing to do with Myles like you think it does.

I love Sabonis as a player but his defense is bad and he commits a lot of silly fouls. His offensive game is sweet though.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Fair enough, but you make it sound like I was saying that he sucks. Not saying that at all. I'm saying he is a good player but he needs to eventually take that next step if hes gonna be great. He won't be in his early 20s forever.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here will be the Lakers lineup more than likely:

PG Cook

SG Green - he is good for 3 3's a night.

SF LeBron - 25/8/8 nightly.

PF Davis - 25/12 nightly and a great rim protector.

C McGee - good rim protector.

Kuzma will be the 6th man.

Pope was even re-signed.

-If they sign Korver this team will win 60 games in its sleep lmao . Alone they will automatically get 50 points from LeBron and Davis and their defense inside will be great. Kuzma off the bench gives them 15 points, what a luxury to have. Danny Green is the killer get because on any given night he can hit 5 or 6 3's for them. Cook and Pope can shoot lights out as well. McGee at Center is even halfway decent and not a scrub.

Wonder if they sign Cousins. Him and Davis were pretty lethal together that year in NOLA.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people forget Myles is only 23. I like him FWIW and think he is good. He isn't great but has plenty of time to become great.

One of my favorite examples of a big man was P Ewing. After 4 years of college he came out strong, physical, and a good defender. He did score but he had no range.
 It took him 4-5 years to become deadly from 18'. He was Hall of Fame when he put it all together.
 I don't expect Myles to ever be near all that, but he has a shot at being really valuable to a very good team. 

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Fair enough, but you make it sound like I was saying that he sucks. Not saying that at all. I'm saying he is a good player but he needs to eventually take that next step if hes gonna be great. He won't be in his early 20s forever.

No no. I don't believe anyone discussing him here thinks that he sucks.
 He is getting decent IMO. Just for fun i will grade him at 6.8 ish, with a ceiling of 8 ish.
 There is no greatness in his future. I like the kid a lot character wise, and expect that he will keep working hard to be his best.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee whizz. #1, Goga was the best player available. How hard is that to understand?

And Most of top 10 drafted 19 year old players never pan out or take 3-4 years to get solid.
 Now we have TWO centers and a 4 and a 1/2. Sabonis can't protect the rim so he is best continuing playing as a backup center against 2nd teamers.
 Few here like the idea of him playing a lot of minutes as a power forward because too many can go around him, and he is a drag on the offense out there as a stretch shooter. I gotta believe he is working hard on his shot. And he may yet be a 38% 'er someday taking some Volume out there and quash that issue. Lots of 23 year olds are better by age 25-26-27. 

We have three 5s....and you cant play three 5s....

Gee whiz...Why draft a third '5' when you have two 5s.

You don't draft players you don't intend to play even if they are the 'best player available'

How hard is that to understand.?  Myles ir Sabonis is gone and Sabonis is our second leading scorer and top rebounder

Sabonis cant protect the rim and Myles cant rebound or post up.

And neither is  a '4' defensively.  Myles will play the '4' on offense because he hasn't show the ability to play the '5'

But what you cant see is: Sabonis is improving..Myles is not.

I believe that Myes is working hard on his shot, his post up game and his rebonding.

But I'm nit a cheerleader for him. I'd like to see results.

Sabonis works hard and gets better

If man

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Holy smokes, Cousins to the Lakers. Davis will play PF and Cousins Center is my guess. LeBron at SF. Kuzma and McGee off the bench. Cousins will be 100% healthy by next year.

That's the thing.

The Cousins we saw last year might have been 'rehab cus'

Cousins is going to have to accept that LBJ is the man....

'Second fiddle' is the only instrument you can play on a tea with LeBron on it

Archived