Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have to be the right deal for me to trade Sabonis, but I am open to it for sure. I'm keeping Myles for the defense alone. We are one of the best defensive teams in the league when he is in the paint blocking shots. Sabonis won't be able to do that for us period. 

I don't know if this pairing is going to work out and I'm not giving Sabonis a penny more than what Myles got. I just don't know where we could trade Sabonis that would be fair for both sides.

I really like Sabonis and he's made that Paul George deal look even better than expected.

I'd like to see Sabonis and Turner play a few games to see how this works before a trade is done or not.  They are both too good to platoon for each other, so it's play them both, or deal one of them.  

Like other have posted, I'd be more inclined to deal Turner with the way the league is evolving now.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Glad to see him stay.  We'll see how he and Myles work together and I'm sure it will take time to figure it all out.

Sabonis can't be traded until next summer with this extension, but Turner could be traded anytime.  I don't see Turner being dealt before the deadline, unless a team desperate for a big man makes us an offer we can't refuse.

But, for now, this distraction is over, so LET'S PLAY BALL!!!

Luke Kennard killed us. They use him like I wish we would use Doug McDermott. I honestly wish we would have signed JJ Reddick last offseason instead, but he was probably intent on staying with the Sixers.

Drummond and D-Rose gave us problems too. Doesn't help that TJ Warren and Jeremy Lamb didn't play well, and we didn't get much from the bench. Didn't expect to lose to a Pistons team at home without Blake, but it's clear that this team needs a whole lot of time to gel together.

Bench Scoring: DET: 57  IND: 16

The new additions (at least TJ Warren and Jeremy Lamb) were really underwhelming. Seems like Warren will be out a few games as well. 

Defense looked pretty bad all night. Sabonis and Turner couldn't stop Drummond.

Anyway - it's only the first game. Trying not to overreact on everything. 

13 hours ago, MTC said:

The new additions (at least TJ Warren and Jeremy Lamb) were really underwhelming. Seems like Warren will be out a few games as well. 

Defense looked pretty bad all night. Sabonis and Turner couldn't stop Drummond.

Anyway - it's only the first game. Trying not to overreact on everything. 

Need a back up big that can help them or play the one we got. I hope we see no more Leaf. They were efficient till they started looking gas

not to worried about the team honestly. I still dont think the Sabonis Turner pair is gonna work but we can just trade Sabonis and probably get a pretty good return. when vic returns tho him and Brogdon will be a force for sure that will also free up turner to feed down low and I really see us being a powerhouse.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

not to worried about the team honestly. I still dont think the Sabonis Turner pair is gonna work but we can just trade Sabonis and probably get a pretty good return. when vic returns tho him and Brogdon will be a force for sure that will also free up turner to feed down low and I really see us being a powerhouse.

Turner is the one who needs trading, not Sabonis.

Turner has been a disappointment since he has been here. 

On 10/27/2019 at 3:21 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

was waiting for this response I knew it was coming lol

How could it not become an issue? :dunno:

Turner has never lived up to what most thought was his potential. 

In turn Sabonis has played way beyond what most thought he was capable of. (not bad for a throw in player on a trade) 

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

How could it not become an issue? :dunno:

Turner has never lived up to what most thought was his potential. 

In turn Sabonis has played way beyond what most thought he was capable of. (not bad for a throw in player on a trade) 

sabonis is a huge defensive liability we become awful on defense without Turner with him we are one of the best why the hell would anyone wanna trade him for another pure scorer when we clearly have that with vic and Brogdon 

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

sabonis is a huge defensive liability we become awful on defense without Turner with him we are one of the best why the hell would anyone wanna trade him for another pure scorer when we clearly have that with vic and Brogdon 

It is an unknown that Vic will be the same player as before. 

Sabonis needs to be our 6th man, end of story. That is on coaching. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is an unknown that Vic will be the same player as before. 

Sabonis needs to be our 6th man, end of story. That is on coaching. 

he isnt gonna be a 6th man cause he can start somewhere else. I'd love him as 6th man but he's too good for that role 

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i say trade either one of them and i dont care which one.  

I'd rather see Turner traded. I think Sabonis has a higher ceiling. We hear every offseason that Turner has done this and that, yet hes still the same player he was 3 years ago. A solid player (obviously a good defender) but that seems like all he will ever be. Hes almost like a shooting guard trapped in a big mans body.

We had a top 5 defense last year and that was because Myles Turner was protecting the rim and we had a PF like Thad who could actually switch and guard power forwards and small forwards.

Sabonis is not going to work at PF. I'd be shocked if he wasn't traded next summer.

Archived