Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

a C lmao are you freaking kidding me!?!? 

why must you make it harder and harder on us fans every year!!!

I hate to agree with you ….CF 12....

..but I dont get this pick at all......This is a G-league guy for next season

..at a position where we're loaded

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

better be trading one of these Centers for a key starter

That's what it sounds like, doenst it?

We have Myles at $18 mil and in a year, we've got to pay Sabonis the same.

Sounds like we will not be doing that.

Sounds like Birtadze is going to be our back-up center eventually.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hell Nate says hes gonna play and isnt a project :facepalm:

We'll see about that....He not 20 yet

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

better be trading one of these Centers for a key starter

Right now the pick seems questionable with Turner and Sabonis on the roster but I think this can work out nicely for the Pacers.

1. Turner and Sabonis have the most value to move.

2. Pacers (and others) saw Goga as a late lottery talent.

In theory, you draft a center at 18 who has more upside than a player who plays a position you need that was also on the board. Trading one of Turner or Sabonis is likely to land the Pacers a good wing player.

The overall result of Goga + whoever they land in a trade can be much better than Turner/Sabonis + other players they could have selected.

This just might work out for the Pacers...at least way better than it appears at a first glance.

One other thing I'll add...I will always hesitate to criticize the Pacers for taking a player they don't currently need at least when that player has upside like Goga appears to. It's tempting to with this pick but I just think back to the 2011 draft. That night it appeared like a good move to trade the draft rights for Kawhi, a wing player it didn't appear the Pacers needed, for a point guard which was a position of need at the time.

7 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Right now the pick seems questionable with Turner and Sabonis on the roster but I think this can work out nicely for the Pacers.

In theory, you draft a center at 18 who has more upside than a player who plays a position you need that was also on the board. Trading one of Turner or Sabonis is likely to land the Pacers a good wing player.

The overall result of Goga + whoever they land in a trade can be much better than Turner/Sabonis + other players they could have selected.

This just might work out for the Pacers...at least way better than it appears at a first glance.

One other thing I'll add...I will always hesitate to criticize the Pacers for taking a player they don't currently need at least when that player has upside like Goga appears to. It's tempting to with this pick but I just think back to the 2011 draft. That night it appeared like a good move to trade the draft rights for Kawhi, a wing player it didn't appear the Pacers needed, for a point guard which was a position of need at the time.

I'm totally down if we can land someone awesome by trading sabonis but it better be a damn good deal 

20 minutes ago, ar7 said:

The problem is, for this to work. Bitadze has to be better than Myles or Domas….not just okay

That COULD happen...….I've never seen him until tonight...He is highly regarded..amnd he is just 19

But we passed on some good players to take a guy who, in 2 or 3 years, might be better than the two quality centers we already have.

That's a high bar.

See what I mean here.?

I'm calling for Carsen Edwards at 32.....

What's the problem with Kevin Porter Jr...?

Definitely hoping GOATga pans out for us. Watching his tape, it seems like we still may have decent rim protection when Myles is resting and/or in foul trouble (something we saw a bit too often).

I think it'll be interesting to see how he moves against NBA speed. Also, I truly hope that picture of him and Zion motivates him. Surely it only paints a small picture, as he himself stated that he did receive questions, but it has to still stir up something, no matter how minuscule.

44 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The problem is, for this to work. Bitadze has to be better than Myles or Domas….not just okay

That COULD happen...….I've never seen him until tonight...He is highly regarded..amnd he is just 19

But we passed on some good players to take a guy who, in 2 or 3 years, might be better than the two quality centers we already have.

That's a high bar.

See what I mean here.?

I'm calling for Carsen Edwards at 32.....

What's the problem with Kevin Porter Jr...?

No doubt and I think those are valid concerns. We'll see how this plays out.

But I think that this move gives the Pacers more flexibility...we'll see what they can turn that into. (if anything)

13 minutes ago, ar7 said:

No doubt and I think those are valid concerns. We'll see how this plays out.

But I think that this move gives the Pacers more flexibility...we'll see what they can turn that into. (if anything)

I'm thinking we stash him.....in Europe..

We trade away our 1st second round pick..we have lost no cap space tonight

..But we have roster spots to fill.

I dont know but it sounds like we think we have a couple of  free agents lined up.

Perhaps some of our own free agents

A few other thoughts:

1. Wow, at Bol Bol dropping so far down the board.

2. Not sure how I feel about trading the 32 pick for three future seconds. There were some good players left on the board.

3. Of course Boston gets two Indiana products. 

Im actually a suns fan. Sad 10 years I know. T.J is a solid player. Not overly athletic, but will chip in points and has improved his 3 point range. Unforunately hes missed a lot of games due to injury.

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

people on reddit are saying that Pritchard said sabonis will play the 4 how stupid after saying all this season that they couldn't lol

Turner should be the one playing the stretch 4. I don't think Sabonis is athletic enough for some of the smaller 4's in the league. 

5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Oh no Kevin another C, what is you doin? 

Well, Sabonis is in the last year of his deal. This gives Goga a year to take it slow, learn, and be ready next year to fill in. I really hope he's as good as they, and everyone else who thought he was a lottery guy, say he is. 

12 hours ago, MTC said:

Sorry for my late thoughts. I went out and saw Toy Story 4.

Anyway, I like Goga Bitadze as a player, but not sure how he fits in the rotation unless Sabonis or Turner is moved. 

Pritchard was kind enough to do a post game press conference.
 He explained it at a "for dummies" level that could possibly help some here.

So here is how I see the current depth chart:

PG - Rubio (presumably), Holiday

SG - Oladipo*, Sumner

SF - Bojan (presumably), McDermott, Alize

PF - Sabonis, Leaf

C - Turner, Goga

* - will be out for a few months

Unless I am missing someone, we still need a shooting guard. 

Pacers signed a former 5* recruit. Consider me intrigued. 

14 minutes ago, MTC said:

So here is how I see the current depth chart:

PG - Rubio (presumably), Holiday

SG - Oladipo*, Sumner

SF - Bojan (presumably), McDermott, Alize

PF - Sabonis, Leaf

C - Turner, Goga

* - will be out for a few months

Unless I am missing someone, we still need a shooting guard. 

Pacers signed a former 5* recruit. Consider me intrigued. 

You forgot TJ Warren. He will be a big part of the offense.

5 minutes ago, MTC said:

Oops. That's right. 

I still hope we re-sign Bogey. Dipo will probably be out until December so we will need his offense as well. Warren is a good player, I like that trade we made for him. If we can get Dipo back 100%, we will be a tough out come playoffs. The East will be wide open especially if Leonard leave the Raps.

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Turner should be the one playing the stretch 4. I don't think Sabonis is athletic enough for some of the smaller 4's in the league. 

hes not the Pacers will get destroyed with both on the court 

but like you said Turner is the one in that should play the 4 but that isnt what he said tho he said sabonis so who knows what they are doing 

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hes not the Pacers will get destroyed with both on the court 

but like you said Turner is the one in that should play the 4 but that isnt what he said tho he said sabonis so who knows what they are doing 

My guess is, our lineup next April for the playoffs will be:

PG Rubio if he signs

SG Oladipo

SF Bogey

PF Warren - he makes for a solid stretch 4

C Turner 

6th man will remain Sabonis

-and players like Goga, McDermott, Holiday, Leaf, Sumner will split minutes. Turner and Sabonis for what ever reason can't play together. Thad and Collison will be gone IMO. Not sure about Joseph?

On a side note, I would love to have Lance back on maybe a 2 year deal. He would be key for us off the bench.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My guess is, our lineup next April for the playoffs will be:

PG Rubio if he signs

SG Oladipo

SF Bogey

PF Warren - he makes for a solid stretch 4

C Turner 

6th man will remain Sabonis

-and players like Goga, McDermott, Holiday, Leaf, Sumner will split minutes. Turner and Sabonis for what ever reason can't play together. Thad and Collison will be gone IMO. Not sure about Joseph?

On a side note, I would love to have Lance back on maybe a 2 year deal. He would be key for us off the bench.

everyone thinks Warren is a back up SF or a PF I honestly thinks hes a bogey replacement hes cheaper and has identical stats. and I'm ok with that if we would just use the money to sign a max player and not some scrub like Rubio 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

everyone thinks Warren is a back up SF or a PF I honestly thinks hes a bogey replacement hes cheaper and has identical stats. and I'm ok with that if we would just use the money to sign a max player and not some scrub like Rubio 

Rubio isn't bad, he isn't a star though that I will agree on. If for some reason we do not bring back Bogey, we will bring back Thad then. No way we let both go. Just put Warren at the 3 and Thad at the 4 if that is the case. I would rather have Bogey than Thad.

What do you think about Lance again one more time. He is still young and is good.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rubio isn't bad, he isn't a star though that I will agree on. If for some reason we do not bring back Bogey, we will bring back Thad then. No way we let both go. Just put Warren at the 3 and Thad at the 4 if that is the case. I would rather have Bogey than Thad.

What do you think about Lance again one more time. He is still young and is good.

hell yes I want lance 

I read an article on 8points9seconds that suggested Tobias Harris would not be a good fit for the Pacers, citing the fact that he'll be seeking near-max money and Sabonis would be in his way at the 4 spot.

I still don't know how I feel about moving Sabonis to the 4 because of his lateral quickness, among other things. I like the idea of Tobias Harris because he'd give us a stretch 4, something Thad wasn't, and Sabonis isn't (at least at this stage of his career). Not sure of anyone else's thoughts on Harris, but I did find the article somewhat intriguing.

The article, if you have a spare moment: https://8points9seconds.com/2019/06/21/tobias-harris-fit-pacers-free-agency/

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they should trade sabonis.  you cant play two centers in the league today

neither of them are big scorers either, and its about offense now 

So why would you trade the guy who is better between the 2 offensively and on the boards?

Archived