Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
MTC

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Goga = never heard of him. Serious lmao 

Me neither. I have no idea...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6-11, 250.....he'll be 20 in July

 

He's a project..looks mobile on film..loves to block shots.

Very enthusiastic....protects the rim well

Offense is limited

He's not ready for NBA minutes..I don't think

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a C lmao are you freaking kidding me!?!? 

 why must you make it harder and harder on us fans every year!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

a C lmao are you freaking kidding me!?!? 

 why must you make it harder and harder on us fans every year!!!

I hate to agree with you ….CF 12....

..but I dont get this pick at all......This is a G-league guy for next season

..at a position where we're loaded

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

a C lmao are you freaking kidding me!?!? 

 why must you make it harder and harder on us fans every year!!!

I know nothing about him, I really do not. Maybe he will be good??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I hate to agree with you ….CF 12....

..but I dont get this pick at all......This is a G-league guy for next season

..at a position where we're loaded

hell Nate says hes gonna play and isnt a project :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

better be trading one of these Centers for a key starter

That's what it sounds like, doenst it?

We have Myles at $18 mil and in a year, we've got to pay Sabonis the same.

 

Sounds like we will not be doing that.

Sounds like Birtadze is going to be our back-up center eventually.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hell Nate says hes gonna play and isnt a project :facepalm:

We'll see about that....He not 20 yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

better be trading one of these Centers for a key starter

 

Right now the pick seems questionable with Turner and Sabonis on the roster but I think this can work out nicely for the Pacers.

 

1. Turner and Sabonis have the most value to move.

2. Pacers (and others) saw Goga as a late lottery talent.

 

In theory, you draft a center at 18 who has more upside than a player who plays a position you need that was also on the board. Trading one of Turner or Sabonis is likely to land the Pacers a good wing player.

 

The overall result of Goga + whoever they land in a trade can be much better than Turner/Sabonis + other players they could have selected.

 

This just might work out for the Pacers...at least way better than it appears at a first glance.

 

 

One other thing I'll add...I will always hesitate to criticize the Pacers for taking a player they don't currently need at least when that player has upside like Goga appears to. It's tempting to with this pick but I just think back to the 2011 draft. That night it appeared like a good move to trade the draft rights for Kawhi, a wing player it didn't appear the Pacers needed, for a point guard which was a position of need at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

Right now the pick seems questionable with Turner and Sabonis on the roster but I think this can work out nicely for the Pacers.

 

1. Turner and Sabonis have the most value to move.

2. Pacers (and others) saw Goga as a late lottery talent.

 

In theory, you draft a center at 18 who has more upside than a player who plays a position you need that was also on the board. Trading one of Turner or Sabonis is likely to land the Pacers a good wing player.

 

The overall result of Goga + whoever they land in a trade can be much better than Turner/Sabonis + other players they could have selected.

 

This just might work out for the Pacers...at least way better than it appears at a first glance.

 

 

One other thing I'll add...I will always hesitate to criticize the Pacers for taking a player they don't currently need at least when that player has upside like Goga appears to. It's tempting to with this pick but I just think back to the 2011 draft. That night it appeared like a good move to trade the draft rights for Kawhi, a wing player it didn't appear the Pacers needed, for a point guard which was a position of need at the time.

I'm totally down if we can land someone awesome by trading sabonis but it better be a damn good deal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

Right now the pick seems questionable with Turner and Sabonis on the roster but I think this can work out nicely for the Pacers.

 

1. Turner and Sabonis have the most value to move.

2. Pacers (and others) saw Goga as a late lottery talent.

 

In theory, you draft a center at 18 who has more upside than a player who plays a position you need that was also on the board. Trading one of Turner or Sabonis is likely to land the Pacers a good wing player.

 

The overall result of Goga + whoever they land in a trade can be much better than Turner/Sabonis + other players they could have selected.

 

This just might work out for the Pacers...at least way better than it appears at a first glance.

 

 

One other thing I'll add...I will always hesitate to criticize the Pacers for taking a player they don't currently need at least when that player has upside like Goga appears to. It's tempting to with this pick but I just think back to the 2011 draft. That night it appeared like a good move to trade the draft rights for Kawhi, a wing player it didn't appear the Pacers needed, for a point guard which was a position of need at the time.

The problem is, for this to work. Bitadze has to be better than Myles or Domas….not just okay

That COULD happen...….I've never seen him until tonight...He is highly regarded..amnd he is just 19

But we passed on some good players to take a guy who, in 2 or 3 years, might be better than the two quality centers we already have.

That's a high bar.

See what I mean here.?

 

I'm calling for Carsen Edwards at 32.....

 

What's the problem with Kevin Porter Jr...?

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely hoping GOATga pans out for us. Watching his tape, it seems like we still may have decent rim protection when Myles is resting and/or in foul trouble (something we saw a bit too often).

 

I think it'll be interesting to see how he moves against NBA speed. Also, I truly hope that picture of him and Zion motivates him. Surely it only paints a small picture, as he himself stated that he did receive questions, but it has to still stir up something, no matter how minuscule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we trade the 32 pick for 3 future 2nd round picks?

Uh, OK

 

It sounds like we don't want to add any salary...which suggest we have free agents to sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The problem is, for this to work. Bitadze has to be better than Myles or Domas….not just okay

That COULD happen...….I've never seen him until tonight...He is highly regarded..amnd he is just 19

But we passed on some good players to take a guy who, in 2 or 3 years, might be better than the two quality centers we already have.

That's a high bar.

See what I mean here.?

 

I'm calling for Carsen Edwards at 32.....

 

What's the problem with Kevin Porter Jr...?

 

No doubt and I think those are valid concerns. We'll see how this plays out.

 

But I think that this move gives the Pacers more flexibility...we'll see what they can turn that into. (if anything)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

KZ Okpala

 

Hmm.. reading his profile, he sounds very Paul George'ish... 

oh well he plays for the heat now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

No doubt and I think those are valid concerns. We'll see how this plays out.

 

But I think that this move gives the Pacers more flexibility...we'll see what they can turn that into. (if anything)

 

 

I'm thinking we stash him.....in Europe..

We trade away our 1st second round pick..we have lost no cap space tonight

 

..But we have roster spots to fill.

I dont know but it sounds like we think we have a couple of  free agents lined up.

Perhaps some of our own free agents

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for my late thoughts. I went out and saw Toy Story 4.

 

Anyway, I like Goga Bitadze as a player, but not sure how he fits in the rotation unless Sabonis or Turner is moved. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few other thoughts:

 

1. Wow, at Bol Bol dropping so far down the board.

2. Not sure how I feel about trading the 32 pick for three future seconds. There were some good players left on the board.

3. Of course Boston gets two Indiana products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people on reddit are saying that Pritchard said sabonis will play the 4 how stupid after saying all this season that they couldn't lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im actually a suns fan. Sad 10 years I know. T.J is a solid player. Not overly athletic, but will chip in points and has improved his 3 point range. Unforunately hes missed a lot of games due to injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

people on reddit are saying that Pritchard said sabonis will play the 4 how stupid after saying all this season that they couldn't lol

 

Turner should be the one playing the stretch 4. I don't think Sabonis is athletic enough for some of the smaller 4's in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Oh no Kevin another C, what is you doin? 


Well, Sabonis is in the last year of his deal. This gives Goga a year to take it slow, learn, and be ready next year to fill in. I really hope he's as good as they, and everyone else who thought he was a lottery guy, say he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MTC said:

Sorry for my late thoughts. I went out and saw Toy Story 4.

 

Anyway, I like Goga Bitadze as a player, but not sure how he fits in the rotation unless Sabonis or Turner is moved. 

 

 Pritchard was kind enough to do a post game press conference.
 He explained it at a "for dummies" level that could possibly help some here.
    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here is how I see the current depth chart:

 

PG - Rubio (presumably), Holiday

SG - Oladipo*, Sumner

SF - Bojan (presumably), McDermott, Alize

PF - Sabonis, Leaf

C - Turner, Goga

 

* - will be out for a few months

 

Unless I am missing someone, we still need a shooting guard. 

 

Pacers signed a former 5* recruit. Consider me intrigued. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MTC said:

So here is how I see the current depth chart:

 

PG - Rubio (presumably), Holiday

SG - Oladipo*, Sumner

SF - Bojan (presumably), McDermott, Alize

PF - Sabonis, Leaf

C - Turner, Goga

 

* - will be out for a few months

 

Unless I am missing someone, we still need a shooting guard. 

 

Pacers signed a former 5* recruit. Consider me intrigued. 

 

You forgot TJ Warren. He will be a big part of the offense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You forgot TJ Warren. He will be a big part of the offense.

 

Oops. That's right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MTC said:

 

Oops. That's right. 

I still hope we re-sign Bogey. Dipo will probably be out until December so we will need his offense as well. Warren is a good player, I like that trade we made for him. If we can get Dipo back 100%, we will be a tough out come playoffs. The East will be wide open especially if Leonard leave the Raps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Turner should be the one playing the stretch 4. I don't think Sabonis is athletic enough for some of the smaller 4's in the league. 

hes not the Pacers will get destroyed with both on the court 

 

but like you said Turner is the one in that should play the 4 but that isnt what he said tho he said sabonis so who knows what they are doing 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hes not the Pacers will get destroyed with both on the court 

 

but like you said Turner is the one in that should play the 4 but that isnt what he said tho he said sabonis so who knows what they are doing 

My guess is, our lineup next April for the playoffs will be:

 

PG Rubio if he signs

SG Oladipo

SF Bogey

PF Warren - he makes for a solid stretch 4

C Turner 

6th man will remain Sabonis

-and players like Goga, McDermott, Holiday, Leaf, Sumner will split minutes. Turner and Sabonis for what ever reason can't play together. Thad and Collison will be gone IMO. Not sure about Joseph?

 

On a side note, I would love to have Lance back on maybe a 2 year deal. He would be key for us off the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My guess is, our lineup next April for the playoffs will be:

 

PG Rubio if he signs

SG Oladipo

SF Bogey

PF Warren - he makes for a solid stretch 4

C Turner 

6th man will remain Sabonis

-and players like Goga, McDermott, Holiday, Leaf, Sumner will split minutes. Turner and Sabonis for what ever reason can't play together. Thad and Collison will be gone IMO. Not sure about Joseph?

 

On a side note, I would love to have Lance back on maybe a 2 year deal. He would be key for us off the bench.

everyone thinks Warren is a back up SF or a PF I honestly thinks hes a bogey replacement hes cheaper and has identical stats. and I'm ok with that if we would just use the money to sign a max player and not some scrub like Rubio 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

everyone thinks Warren is a back up SF or a PF I honestly thinks hes a bogey replacement hes cheaper and has identical stats. and I'm ok with that if we would just use the money to sign a max player and not some scrub like Rubio 

Rubio isn't bad, he isn't a star though that I will agree on. If for some reason we do not bring back Bogey, we will bring back Thad then. No way we let both go. Just put Warren at the 3 and Thad at the 4 if that is the case. I would rather have Bogey than Thad.

 

What do you think about Lance again one more time. He is still young and is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should trade sabonis.  you cant play two centers in the league today

 

neither of them are big scorers either, and its about offense now 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rubio isn't bad, he isn't a star though that I will agree on. If for some reason we do not bring back Bogey, we will bring back Thad then. No way we let both go. Just put Warren at the 3 and Thad at the 4 if that is the case. I would rather have Bogey than Thad.

 

What do you think about Lance again one more time. He is still young and is good.

hell yes I want lance 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they should trade sabonis.  you cant play two centers in the league today

 

neither of them are big scorers either, and its about offense now 

definitely he could prolly not us a possible starter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an article on 8points9seconds that suggested Tobias Harris would not be a good fit for the Pacers, citing the fact that he'll be seeking near-max money and Sabonis would be in his way at the 4 spot.

 

I still don't know how I feel about moving Sabonis to the 4 because of his lateral quickness, among other things. I like the idea of Tobias Harris because he'd give us a stretch 4, something Thad wasn't, and Sabonis isn't (at least at this stage of his career). Not sure of anyone else's thoughts on Harris, but I did find the article somewhat intriguing.

 

The article, if you have a spare moment: https://8points9seconds.com/2019/06/21/tobias-harris-fit-pacers-free-agency/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they should trade sabonis.  you cant play two centers in the league today

 

neither of them are big scorers either, and its about offense now 

 

So why would you trade the guy who is better between the 2 offensively and on the boards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...