Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hes not the Pacers will get destroyed with both on the court 

but like you said Turner is the one in that should play the 4 but that isnt what he said tho he said sabonis so who knows what they are doing 

If Turner wasn't such a soft a33, there wouldn't be a PF in the league who could guard him. If only Sabonis had Turners athleticism, to go with his block/post game,  the Pacers would be paying him a max contract next year.

Thad is one of my favorite Pacers but I think it's time for the Pacers to move on and I hope he signs with a contender.

Thad was a starting forward. The Pacers acquired TJ Warren to replace Thad that, to me, indicates they view him as a starter. Which is interesting because after the draft last night the talk was Sabonis/Turner playing at this spot. Which makes me question if the Pacers really believe in Sabonis/Turner playing together.

Also, Kevin Pritchard was on JMV this afternoon. One of the questions JMV asked was around the type of point guard they will go after. JMV said something along the lines of "do you want to sign a distributor or scorer at point guard". (obviously asking about Rubio or Russell without naming them specifically) Pritchard said it depends on who you have at the other spots. If you have scoring then he wants a point guard who can distribute, if he has guys like Thad he wants a scoring guard. My takeaway from this is the rumors are true about the Pacers interest in Rubio.

I hope they have a better master plan than Ricky Rubio.  If our starters include TJ Warren, Ricky Rubio, Myles Turner, a back up scoring guard who doesn't even exist yet, and either Sabonis at the 4 or a replacement like Harris, we will be fighting just to make the playoffs and will likely get swept out even if we do make it.  That is not a winning team.  That is a team that will have to over play yet again just to sniff .500, especially with Vic out at least the first part of the season in the best case scenario.  

I was disappointed like some others because they had Carsen Edwards, a low risk/high reward rookie, sitting there which could have been the answer at backup guard alongside Holiday for a super dynamic pair of guards that could also battle for more playing time along with Sumner with hopes one of them (more likely a combination of 2 or all 3 of them) starting the games that Vic will miss.  One of those 3 guys would likely pop enough to play alongside Oladipo in the long term and the others being solid back up rotational guys.  Perhaps they already think Holiday or Sumner can step up to fill Oladipo's shoes until he comes back in Dec/Jan.  We don't even know if Oladipo will return anywhere near his former self.  Now we're stuck with Warren and McDermott, two guys who can shoot when it means nothing, but have proven absolutely nothing when it matters.  (Well, in my opinion, McDermott proved he can't hack it, can't play defense at all and all reports are that Warren doesn't play defense, shows no will to win and hasn't won anything on the worst team in the league where it is easy to put up 18 when your team is losing by 25.  It's like garbage time stats in football all season for anyone on Phoenix's team.  Fools gold.  

It seemed clear we're losing all 4 guys.  At best we might be able to bring one back, but it won't be Bogdanovich, I figure he'll go to LA if they don't land a bigger name.  He's likely a max player now and we can't sign one because of this Warren deal.   I thought Pritchard looked good pre-season last year but all three of his free agents stunk up the place.  Unless we can dump him, McDermott is stuck here this year.  If they could clear his money somehow perhaps we could offer a max deal but it seems clear we're not getting a big name here.  If we do sign Rubio, we're nearly out of money and we have what left? Money for an aging Thad? 

I like Sabonis as the 6th man.  I think he excels there.  He is the #1 reason we over competed all season because he elevated the bench above and beyond their individual abilities (likewise he significantly underwhelmed as a starter).  If we could keep him happy in that role, then we have something.  But how do we win games with Thad who plays like a WARRIOR with the talent he has, but his talent plus his age isn't enough.  Perhaps we could squeeze a year out, but he doesn't SCORE enough.  Turner sadly has all the skill but gets little out of it.  He should be a 25/12 with 4 blocks a night guy.  He gets the blocks sure, but his scoring is embarrassing with all that talent.  He can hit threes, but he's afraid to take them enough to impact the scoreboard.  This isn't the 80's we don't need a more agile Hibbert.  He led the league in blocks but didn't seem to sniff All NBA Defense? I think I heard how rare it is for the league leading shot blocker to not get on the first or second team all Defense.  Even with the overall tenacious defense the Pacers played as a team, he got no credit for it.  

Based on what this reality looks like: 

PG: ---------*, Sumner

SG: Oladipo, Holiday

SF: Warren, McDermott

PF: Sabonis**, Leaf, Alize

C:  Turner, New Guy (sorry, still learning his name)

*Ricky Rubio? DeAngelo Russell?

**I just think he either needs to be traded or he has to be our 6th man/backup C to run the 2nd team and play as needed minutes with Turner if they can figure something out.  (You know who desperately needs a C? New Orleans.  Would you guys take Lonzo Ball for Sabonis?)

If we sign Rubio, we have money for what exactly?  A midlevel guy floating around? 

On the positive side, I actually thought Leaf really hustled.  He's slow, but in some respects he had the tenacity that Turner is devoid of.  And Alize was a monster in G league and he might be a surprise this season if he gets a fair shot at all.  Holiday is a hustler and Sumner is likely a capable back up Guard as well.  But are either starters?  Not yet and not likely, at least not for a championship level team.  Our new guy looks like a legitimate back up C in today's league.  He needs to develop a shot, but I think he'll get those minutes that Pritchard and his staff seem to have already committed to.  That's the most positive spin I can put on it.  

In this depressing new lineup we're getting smoked out of the playoffs and that is if we even compete for them.  I could see us having an historically bad season if they can't get these guys playing out of their minds like they have the past 2 years.  We had dedicated veteran guys and these kids are super raw as a group.  Adding another guard already pushing 30 along with Oladipo also aging and injured and I just don't see us as any threat of any kind to anyone past the regular season.  If you ADDED a full blown Star superior to Rubio, maybe it's better.  Beal would be excellent but he won't be affordable or made available for what we could trade I don't think.  Russell is my best hope in this spot.  His name has bounced around the Pacers in rumors, but it could be absolutely nothing.  But if Kyrie is going to Brooklyn, he might end up in Los Angeles.  It might be the case that Rubio is simply the only guys available.  And that is for a reason,  and it is not a good one.   

Ending on a hopeful note, Pritchard did strongly suggest he amassed some picks to help with a trade.  Russell is a FA as is Rubio, so who could he be trading for? Beal? There's always hope this time of the year.  

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

He led the league in blocks but didn't seem to sniff All NBA Defense? I think I heard how rare it is for the league leading shot blocker to not get on the first or second team all Defense.  Even with the overall tenacious defense the Pacers played as a team, he got no credit for it.  

Well ~3 blocks a game isn't enough to cover up his barely-7-rebound average/game. It's sad that there are a few Guards who average close to what he does, with a few averaging more.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Turner should be the one playing the stretch 4. I don't think Sabonis is athletic enough for some of the smaller 4's in the league. 

Let's be clear..Sabonis cant play the '4 for extended periods of time because he cant switch and defend..  like you say

Myles cant play the '4' and still protect the rim, which is his strength. Teams will draw him away from the basket. And he is not a strong rebounder, as you say

If we trade Sabonis, Myles still cant play the '4' and protect the rim and rebound

If we trade Myles, Sabonis still cant switch and defend on the perimeter.

We need a '4' ..

Reading about Goga, he's highly regarded. Sounds like he could be an oustanding '5' down the line.

But if we don't resign Thad Young, the '4' position falls to Leaf and Alize. like JP said....

Is that the plan.?

..and we gave away draft choices so we would have to play those minimum rookie salaries.

We left $30 mil in cap space open for a reason.

Somebody is coming.

Rubio?  Kemba?

5 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I hope they have a better master plan than Ricky Rubio.  If our starters include TJ Warren, Ricky Rubio, Myles Turner, a back up scoring guard who doesn't even exist yet, and either Sabonis at the 4 or a replacement like Harris, we will be fighting just to make the playoffs and will likely get swept out even if we do make it.  That is not a winning team.  That is a team that will have to over play yet again just to sniff .500, especially with Vic out at least the first part of the season in the best case scenario.  

I was disappointed like some others because they had Carsen Edwards, a low risk/high reward rookie, sitting there which could have been the answer at backup guard alongside Holiday for a super dynamic pair of guards that could also battle for more playing time along with Sumner with hopes one of them (more likely a combination of 2 or all 3 of them) starting the games that Vic will miss.  One of those 3 guys would likely pop enough to play alongside Oladipo in the long term and the others being solid back up rotational guys.  Perhaps they already think Holiday or Sumner can step up to fill Oladipo's shoes until he comes back in Dec/Jan.  We don't even know if Oladipo will return anywhere near his former self.  Now we're stuck with Warren and McDermott, two guys who can shoot when it means nothing, but have proven absolutely nothing when it matters.  (Well, in my opinion, McDermott proved he can't hack it, can't play defense at all and all reports are that Warren doesn't play defense, shows no will to win and hasn't won anything on the worst team in the league where it is easy to put up 18 when your team is losing by 25.  It's like garbage time stats in football all season for anyone on Phoenix's team.  Fools gold.  

It seemed clear we're losing all 4 guys.  At best we might be able to bring one back, but it won't be Bogdanovich, I figure he'll go to LA if they don't land a bigger name.  He's likely a max player now and we can't sign one because of this Warren deal.   I thought Pritchard looked good pre-season last year but all three of his free agents stunk up the place.  Unless we can dump him, McDermott is stuck here this year.  If they could clear his money somehow perhaps we could offer a max deal but it seems clear we're not getting a big name here.  If we do sign Rubio, we're nearly out of money and we have what left? Money for an aging Thad? 

I like Sabonis as the 6th man.  I think he excels there.  He is the #1 reason we over competed all season because he elevated the bench above and beyond their individual abilities (likewise he significantly underwhelmed as a starter).  If we could keep him happy in that role, then we have something.  But how do we win games with Thad who plays like a WARRIOR with the talent he has, but his talent plus his age isn't enough.  Perhaps we could squeeze a year out, but he doesn't SCORE enough.  Turner sadly has all the skill but gets little out of it.  He should be a 25/12 with 4 blocks a night guy.  He gets the blocks sure, but his scoring is embarrassing with all that talent.  He can hit threes, but he's afraid to take them enough to impact the scoreboard.  This isn't the 80's we don't need a more agile Hibbert.  He led the league in blocks but didn't seem to sniff All NBA Defense? I think I heard how rare it is for the league leading shot blocker to not get on the first or second team all Defense.  Even with the overall tenacious defense the Pacers played as a team, he got no credit for it.  

Based on what this reality looks like: 

PG: ---------*, Sumner

SG: Oladipo, Holiday

SF: Warren, McDermott

PF: Sabonis**, Leaf, Alize

C:  Turner, New Guy (sorry, still learning his name)

*Ricky Rubio? DeAngelo Russell?

**I just think he either needs to be traded or he has to be our 6th man/backup C to run the 2nd team and play as needed minutes with Turner if they can figure something out.  (You know who desperately needs a C? New Orleans.  Would you guys take Lonzo Ball for Sabonis?)

If we sign Rubio, we have money for what exactly?  A midlevel guy floating around? 

On the positive side, I actually thought Leaf really hustled.  He's slow, but in some respects he had the tenacity that Turner is devoid of.  And Alize was a monster in G league and he might be a surprise this season if he gets a fair shot at all.  Holiday is a hustler and Sumner is likely a capable back up Guard as well.  But are either starters?  Not yet and not likely, at least not for a championship level team.  Our new guy looks like a legitimate back up C in today's league.  He needs to develop a shot, but I think he'll get those minutes that Pritchard and his staff seem to have already committed to.  That's the most positive spin I can put on it.  

In this depressing new lineup we're getting smoked out of the playoffs and that is if we even compete for them.  I could see us having an historically bad season if they can't get these guys playing out of their minds like they have the past 2 years.  We had dedicated veteran guys and these kids are super raw as a group.  Adding another guard already pushing 30 along with Oladipo also aging and injured and I just don't see us as any threat of any kind to anyone past the regular season.  If you ADDED a full blown Star superior to Rubio, maybe it's better.  Beal would be excellent but he won't be affordable or made available for what we could trade I don't think.  Russell is my best hope in this spot.  His name has bounced around the Pacers in rumors, but it could be absolutely nothing.  But if Kyrie is going to Brooklyn, he might end up in Los Angeles.  It might be the case that Rubio is simply the only guys available.  And that is for a reason,  and it is not a good one.   

Ending on a hopeful note, Pritchard did strongly suggest he amassed some picks to help with a trade.  Russell is a FA as is Rubio, so who could he be trading for? Beal? There's always hope this time of the year.  

Championship level!  hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

A Vanderjagt level post.
Russell. haha

21 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hes not the Pacers will get destroyed with both on the court 

but like you said Turner is the one in that should play the 4 but that isnt what he said tho he said sabonis so who knows what they are doing 

You are so right. There are absolutely no teams that they could EVER matchup against when playing together. lmao

On 6/20/2019 at 9:58 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

hell Nate says hes gonna play and isnt a project :facepalm:

Gee, the guy who drafted him said he was a top 10 pick.
 And he is a rim protector that Pritchard highly values.
  Maybe Pacer fans can give him a few games to get himself up to speed. haha 
 Heck maybe a real fan will give him half a season, i mean he is a 19 year old.
  And golly gee whizz sad sacks, MAYBE, Possibly, Turner and Sabonis can tweek 1 more % out of their games. 
 I mean we are just one Superstar away from being Championship contenders. 

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, the guy who drafted him said he was a top 10 pick.
 And he is a rim protector that Pritchard highly values.
  Maybe Pacer fans can give him a few games to get himself up to speed. haha 
 Heck maybe a real fan will give him half a season, i mean he is a 19 year old.
  And golly gee whizz sad sacks, MAYBE, Possibly, Turner and Sabonis can tweek 1 more % out of their games. 
 I mean we are just one Superstar away from being Championship contenders. 

literally no one has a problem with goga we just dont see what the point is in having 3 players that are identical 

10 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Well ~3 blocks a game isn't enough to cover up his barely-7-rebound average/game. It's sad that there are a few Guards who average close to what he does, with a few averaging more.

yeah, it is hard to understand how he's so terrible at rebounding outside of him just not wanting it.  When Sabonis is out there he does all the things a traditional Center used to do except block shots.  He's got technique, and willpower, just not the needed athleticism.  Turner I believe has the athleticism and even skill taught to him, but just no willpower.  He can shoot well, he just chooses not to.  Rebounding is almost entirely willpower.  Sad. I have been on the support side of Turner but he's running out of excuses that his fans can make on his behalf.  He could be a difference maker rather than a placeholder. 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

literally no one has a problem with goga we just dont see what the point is in having 3 players that are identical 

I think it is likely Sabonis is going to be traded.  Maybe it will be Turner.  Either way I doubt both are on the team past this season no matter what happens.  So in a year, hopefully Goga will be ready to be the full time backup C to whoever we keep at that position.  I think they are still hoping Turner will finally start scoring which I think is just a matter of shooting more often.  He can hit 3s, mid range is also solid.  But unless he gets some willpower, he's not going to be a rebounder.   There is no excuse outside of that to explain his problem.  

19 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I think it is likely Sabonis is going to be traded.  Maybe it will be Turner.  Either way I doubt both are on the team past this season no matter what happens.  So in a year, hopefully Goga will be ready to be the full time backup C to whoever we keep at that position.  I think they are still hoping Turner will finally start scoring which I think is just a matter of shooting more often.  He can hit 3s, mid range is also solid.  But unless he gets some willpower, he's not going to be a rebounder.   There is no excuse outside of that to explain his problem.  

I hate to say it but I think you are right.

Sabonis will be with us this season (and maybe next) and then we have to choose between him and Turner. A lot will be determined on how they play this season.

Watching video of Goga, I think he can play defensively in the NBA now...

But I think you are right. Its highly unlikely we begin NEXT season with Goga, Myles and Sabonis.

Is it your understanding that we have Sabonis this season at rookie pay and we have a 5th year of him if we wish it?

As for this year. Thad Young and Darren Collison were the old vets who were leaders.

Without both of them and Vic (for 2 or 3 months) , who leads the team?

There appears to be a possibility that the Pacers acquire 31-year-old Eric Gordon, the shooting guard for the Rockets.

Houston wants Jimmy Butler but they don't have cap space to sign him.

The 76ers would have to sign Jimmy and trade him to Houston. But Houston cant send the 76ers matching salaries because Philadelphia already has to sign Tobias Harris, JJ Reddick and soon Embid and Ben Simmons..

So the 76ers and Houston have to find a third team who could acquire some salary.

In the theory of this trade: That team would be the Pacers who would take the final year of Eric Gordon's contract at $15 mil

Obviously, Gordon is an IU grad and Indianapolis native.

He comes off the Houston bench behind Chris Paul and James Harden.

16.2 per game last year and 16.7 for his 11-year career..

Forgetting how crazy Houston's locker room would be with Paul, Harden and Butler, is there a downside to acquiring Gordon, who would start until Oladipo returns? We might have to give up next year's No.1 pick.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:40 PM, oldunclemark said:

I hate to say it but I think you are right.

Sabonis will be with us this season (and maybe next) and then we have to choose between him and Turner. A lot will be determined on how they play this season.

Watching video of Goga, I think he can play defensively in the NBA now...

But I think you are right. Its highly unlikely we begin NEXT season with Goga, Myles and Sabonis.

Is it your understanding that we have Sabonis this season at rookie pay and we have a 5th year of him if we wish it?

As for this year. Thad Young and Darren Collison were the old vets who were leaders.

Without both of them and Vic (for 2 or 3 months) , who leads the team?

To answer your last question, I think they are hoping Myles steps up.  He'll either prove himself or end himself.... himself.  Because I doubt any of our FAs come back outside or Bogdanovich, and that is only if we can at least be close to his best offer.  He said he would come back if we were at least close to his best offer.  But someone else will offer him the max or close to it.  If we sign him at max, we are essentially out of money.  I can't see the Pacers doing that.  Even if we get to 80% of max, I am not sure the Pacers do it.  We won't even be what we were last year without all the leadership present.  But.. if Myles could step up to a 20+ scorer and let's say 8 rebounds and 3.5 blocks, and be a leader, then it might work out for him and for the Pacers.  It might be too big of an ask, but he WAS co-captain after all, unless it was nonsense, some of his fellow players must have wanted that.  

As for Sabonis, it is my understand he is a FA next season, but perhaps it is restricted, I didn't think it was, but that would be a good thing if he was tied to us in some way. But we are not going to offer a giant payday.  Next year I am unsure of who becomes a FA, perhaps you know or someone else does?  He might be a high profile FA.  I still think they might trade him, especially if it looks like our team isn't going anywhere this season which seems more and more likely by the day.  

If we trade him for a higher profile player (I asked about trading him for Lonzo Ball, I am not sure I would WANT that, but I could see some version of that happening.  I am not a Lonzo fan, but he has made it clear through his father that he doesn't want to be in New Orleans, currently the smallest market in the league (we are 26th, not much better).   But Pritchard DID say he wanted a pass first PG.  No one fits that description more than Lonzo Ball.  I just can't see him resigning with us if we got him somehow.  But New Orleans desperately needs a solid young big man and I could see some type of a trade happening, if not with us, with someone else and Lonzo Ball if he really doesn't want to be there.  I am not sure what other team needs a big or what we might get from them.  We desperately need a serious Point Guard and a better off ball guard option to start while Victor is out.  

Anyone have any names to banter about for these other than Rubio? 

2 hours ago, JPFolks said:

But New Orleans desperately needs a solid young big man and I could see some type of a trade happening, if not with us, with someone else and Lonzo Ball if he really doesn't want to be there.

New Orleans has Okafor as it's starting C now. He's only 23 and played well down the stretch when AD was out. Looking at his game log, anytime he put in over 30 min/g he was a 20+/10+ guy. His per 36 shows him averaging 18/10, which is workable.Putting Zion next to him could help him even more, especially with how good of a passer Zion is. Okafor is also still really cheap for the next year, so I doubt they trade for Turner or Sabonis when neither are really an upgrade. 

I'm not much of a fan of Lonzo, and certainly don't want to trade any assets for him. Being a FA is about the only way I would give him consideration, which he isn't anyways. I'd still rather have Rubio. 

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

New Orleans has Okafor as it's starting C now. He's only 23 and played well down the stretch when AD was out. Looking at his game log, anytime he put in over 30 min/g he was a 20+/10+ guy. His per 36 shows him averaging 18/10, which is workable.Putting Zion next to him could help him even more, especially with how good of a passer Zion is. Okafor is also still really cheap for the next year, so I doubt they trade for Turner or Sabonis when neither are really an upgrade. 

I'm not much of a fan of Lonzo, and certainly don't want to trade any assets for him. Being a FA is about the only way I would give him consideration, which he isn't anyways. I'd still rather have Rubio. 

I was just going off the guys draft night and afterwards saying Okafor is a back up option only and they want to upgrade C during free agency.  I want nothing to do with Lonzo, but I am not sure who else other than Rubio or an outside shot at Russell likely for a max deal if he would even come here.   I just don't like thinking about Rubio being here either.  He's not young so he's not getting better.  For that matter I'd rather they just resigned Collison, at least he rarely turned the ball over and on any given night he could step up with 20 points and he led the league in 3% two years ago.  Not idea but better the "devil we know" than Rubio.  I wanted Collison as the backup point to run it Sabonis for a powerful bench duo.  I think Collison would thrive in that spot, but we don't have a better option than him to start, so there's that.   He's neither a pass first guy like Pritchard said he wanted nor a shooter either way.  He's kind of in the middle.  If only he had Cory's D we could just stick with him.   And Cory is NO starting PG.  He proved that last year.  

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

There appears to be a possibility that the Pacers acquire 31-year-old Eric Gordon, the shooting guard for the Rockets.

Houston wants Jimmy Butler but they don't have cap space to sign him.

The 76ers would have to sign Jimmy and trade him to Houston. But Houston cant send the 76ers matching salaries because Philadelphia already has to sign Tobias Harris, JJ Reddick and soon Embid and Ben Simmons..

So the 76ers and Houston have to find a third team who could acquire some salary.

In the theory of this trade: That team would be the Pacers who would take the final year of Eric Gordon's contract at $15 mil

Obviously, Gordon is an IU grad and Indianapolis native.

He comes off the Houston bench behind Chris Paul and James Harden.

16.2 per game last year and 16.7 for his 11-year career..

Forgetting how crazy Houston's locker room would be with Paul, Harden and Butler, is there a downside to acquiring Gordon, who would start until Oladipo returns? We might have to give up next year's No.1 pick.

I would take PJ Tucker from them too.

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

To answer your last question, I think they are hoping Myles steps up.  He'll either prove himself or end himself.... himself.  Because I doubt any of our FAs come back outside or Bogdanovich, and that is only if we can at least be close to his best offer.  He said he would come back if we were at least close to his best offer.  But someone else will offer him the max or close to it.  If we sign him at max, we are essentially out of money.  I can't see the Pacers doing that.  Even if we get to 80% of max, I am not sure the Pacers do it.  We won't even be what we were last year without all the leadership present.  But.. if Myles could step up to a 20+ scorer and let's say 8 rebounds and 3.5 blocks, and be a leader, then it might work out for him and for the Pacers.  It might be too big of an ask, but he WAS co-captain after all, unless it was nonsense, some of his fellow players must have wanted that.  

As for Sabonis, it is my understand he is a FA next season, but perhaps it is restricted, I didn't think it was, but that would be a good thing if he was tied to us in some way. But we are not going to offer a giant payday.  Next year I am unsure of who becomes a FA, perhaps you know or someone else does?  He might be a high profile FA.  I still think they might trade him, especially if it looks like our team isn't going anywhere this season which seems more and more likely by the day.  

Sabonis was a No.1 draft choice which, I think, means management has a 5th year of him if they want it. I ask the question again Is Ricky Rubio better than Darren Collison.

I'm not a trasher of Rubio. He average 9 assists one season and 6.5 last year.

With Rubio and Holiday, we'd be fine at lead guard. Lonzo brings his father which makes him not an option.

The other point. If we lose Collison and Thad, our older players, who LEADS the team?

Not who has the best numbers.

Myles is 23. He isn't leading the team. He's a kid. Neither is Sabonis

Our strength the last 2 years was veteran leadership.

Rubio is a respected guy..10-year vet. It could be him

But, I should check myself, several teams are after Rubio.

I would resign Cory Joseph ..a vet leader on the bench.

But we need TWO guards in free agency, don't we?

I'd be shocked if the Pacers traded for Lonzo Ball.  they have said way too much crap about small markets for that

would he even fit very well with victor?  hes not a shooter, and they both like to have the ball a lot 

Looks like Kemba is going to the Celtics. Pacers have the best shot at D'Lo in terms of Russell but if he takes a lower offer, there's nothing they can do. I've resigned myself to signing Rubio. As long as it's not Rozier and not an overpay, I'd be ok with it.

On a side note, I think I'm actually excited for the Summer League. I'm really interested in watching these guys play, especially Goga and Holiday.

How about a Sabonis for Brown trade? I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. Brown would fit this team and fills a need, and Sabonis fills a need for the Celtics, especially if they miss out on a C, which is looking likely. The lineup would be Rubio/Vic/Brown/Bojan/Turner. I think that's a pretty good lineup, and you'd still have Warren off the bench.

2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

How about a Sabonis for Brown trade? I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. Brown would fit this team and fills a need, and Sabonis fills a need for the Celtics, especially if they miss out on a C, which is looking likely. The lineup would be Rubio/Vic/Brown/Bojan/Turner. I think that's a pretty good lineup, and you'd still have Warren off the bench.

I don't want Jaylen Brown.

If it is Tatum, I'm in.

Not eager to trade Sabonis.Who will rebound?

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't want Jaylen Brown.

If it is Tatum, I'm in.

Not eager to trade Sabonis.Who will rebound?

Doubt Celtics give up Tatum. I think Brown can make a turnaround though. Rebounding will be an issue though. I guess Vic, when he comes back? Or maybe Myles can finally get his chance. 

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Eager to see Brian Bowen

Yeah, wasn't he a lottery pick before the scandal? Seems like an interesting player.

51 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Enjoy retirement DC.

Surprising. 

Always was a serviceable point guard during his time in Indiana. Much better shooter than people give him credit for. 

3 hours ago, MTC said:

I'd be lying if I thought Edmund Sumner would be in the Pacers plans for the future...

We are going to be a MUCH younger team....

…….If we don't resign Thad Young and Wes Mathews (and it looks like we wont), we will be one of the league's younger teams

19 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

would definitely do that trade but I think Boston is pretty high on Brown 

What does everyone think of Tomas Satoransky of Washington..

...6-foot-7..backup point guard..he'll be 28 next season

averaged 8 points and 5 assists off the bench...39% on 3s..81% from the line

Good defender. Quick and mobile...There's a lot of dunks of his online

Just 3 years in the NBA..he's a Czech National player.Never had a chance to start...and he'd come cheap....$8 - $10  mil a year.

Hes a restricted free agent but Washington isn't going to make him a big offer

37 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

What does everyone think of Tomas Satoransky of Washington..

...6-foot-7..backup point guard..he'll be 28 next season

averaged 8 points and 5 assists off the bench...39% on 3s..81% from the line

Good defender. Quick and mobile...There's a lot of dunks of his online

Just 3 years in the NBA..he's a Czech National player.Never had a chance to start...and he'd come cheap....$8 - $10  mil a year.

Hes a restricted free agent but Washington isn't going to make him a big offer

Here is my opinion:

I feel like this upcoming season is the perfect opportunity to provide Aaron Holiday some meaningful minutes as the backup point guard position. If we sign Satoransky, who is a decent player, it going to affect his development. 

45 minutes ago, MTC said:

Here is my opinion:

I feel like this upcoming season is the perfect opportunity to provide Aaron Holiday some meaningful minutes as the backup point guard position. If we sign Satoransky, who is a decent player, it going to affect his development. 

If we sign Satoransky, he would start.  He would come here for the opportunity to start

Otherwise, I doubt he'd come here.

He is an excellent penetrator and passer ..he just didn't take many shots with Washington. We would be betting on him blossoming in a starting role....

Aaron Holiday would be the second team lead guard...and would get 20 minutes a game....Satoransky  can also play small forward....and '2' guard

What do you think of him?

The other, cheaper  option (we don't know we're getting Rubio) is to start Holiday

Archived