Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I agree, that was the worst decision I've seen Pop make.

Spurs gave that championship away. That was crazy. All things said LeBron is a great player but watching Magic, Jordan, and Kareem live because I was old enough to do so, I think those 3 should be rated higher. For a Big and not being a floor player, Kareem still had range because of that hook and his FT% is almost the same as LeBron's. Kareem could also protect the middle on D being 7'2. 

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Spurs gave that championship away. That was crazy. All things said LeBron is a great player but watching Magic, Jordan, and Kareem live because I was old enough to do so, I think those 3 should be rated higher. For a Big and not being a floor player, Kareem still had range because of that hook and his FT% is almost the same as LeBron's. Kareem could also protect the middle on D being 7'2. 

The worst part about that Spurs series, was I literally didn't watch any of those Final games prior to that Ray Allen shot game.

I was so tired of seeing non sense at the time, I took a break. Then I decided to watch because I figured it was a done deal. :censored:

Warren was money all night. 19pts in 1st qtr, 29 at the half.

We needed every bit of it to.

Turner looked horrible, I figured Embiid would keep him in foul trouble most of the night.

Definitely a solid win without Brogdon and Sabonis.

28 minutes ago, w87r said:

Warren was money all night. 19pts in 1st qtr, 29 at the half.

We needed every bit of it to.

Turner looked horrible, I figured Embiid would keep him in foul trouble most of the night.

Definitely a solid win without Brogdon and Sabonis.

Embiid always gives Turner problems. I agree, it was a solid win, without Sabonis we really had no other good Big to rely on.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Embiid always gives Turner problems. I agree, it was a solid win, without Sabonis we really had no other good Big to rely on.

Jakarr and Leaf just don't do ot for me.

Jakarr at least was out there hustling.

Would of liked to see Alize Johnson.

Sucks Goga is hurt also.

I do like a lineup of: Holiday, Brogdon, Oladipo, Warren, Turner though when Malcolm gets back.

38 minutes ago, w87r said:

Jakarr and Leaf just don't do ot for me.

Jakarr at least was out there hustling.

Would of liked to see Alize Johnson.

Sucks Goga is hurt also.

I do like a lineup of: Holiday, Brogdon, Oladipo, Warren, Turner though when Malcolm gets back.

That would be my lineup as well with Sabonis as 6th man, Turner and Sabonis can split equal time.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MTC said:

Death. Taxes. Nate McMillan coached team losing the first round of the playoffs.

It was a tight game up until midway through the 4th Qtr, losing Oladipo early hurt us because Miami is deep. It was a fluke injury where he got poked in the eye. If he plays the whole game we may have won. Imagine how Bucks fans feel, the Cinderella Magic took them out in Game 1! I still think when it is all said and done either the Lakers or Clippers will hoist the trophy. 

Bummer start to the series.   In such an even series as this should be, going down 0-1 is huge.  The pressure is on because an 0-2 hole would be very bad.  

I keep up with the Pacers and will watch some of their games when they are on, but outside of them, I don't even pay attention to the NBA.    A few teams I don't want to win it all are the Lakers, 76rs and Portland.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Down 0-2 = BAD! Teams down 0-2 lose the series 94% of the time in NBA history.

Offense continues to be a sight for sore eyes.

I literally have no idea what’s going to happen this offseason. I could see another roster overhaul - especially if Oladipo and Turner are traded.

39 minutes ago, MTC said:

Offense continues to be a sight for sore eyes.

I literally have no idea what’s going to happen this offseason. I could see another roster overhaul - especially if Oladipo and Turner are traded.

We really miss Sabonis. It stinks he can't play. We could probably get something good in return for Turner. Some teams don't have a quality Big like that but I wouldn't give him away for anything little.

McMillan runs an archaic offense. It's so hard to watch. I'm not sure Oladipo sticks around. Going down 0-2 to the Heat isn't good. I don't see the Pacers coming back from that. They might salvage a game but they aren't winning this series unless a miracle happens. Miami has too many weapons beyond the arc and Dragic is killing our guards. Pacers kept going at Adebayo in game 1 and I have no idea why. He's excellent defensively.

34 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

McMillan runs an archaic offense. It's so hard to watch. I'm not sure Oladipo sticks around. Going down 0-2 to the Heat isn't good. I don't see the Pacers coming back from that. They might salvage a game but they aren't winning this series unless a miracle happens. Miami has too many weapons beyond the arc and Dragic is killing our guards. Pacers kept going at Adebayo in game 1 and I have no idea why. He's excellent defensively.

Series is over, no coming back down 0-2. It happens 6% of the time. Lakers are killing Portland tonight as great teams do after losing Game 1. McMillan is short handed without Sabonis and losing Oladipo in Game 1 was critical. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers played like garbage in this series vs the Heat, something has to change. Down 3-0 lmao . Heat aren't even that good, Bucks will roll them in round 2.

The lack of team rebounds hurt big time. Not having Sabonis getting those tough rebounds put us behind the 8 ball. Turnovers also. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

The lack of team rebounds hurt big time. Not having Sabonis getting those tough rebounds put us behind the 8 ball. Turnovers also. 

Not having Sabonis is bad but we shouldn't be down 3-0 to a team when their best player is Jimmy Butler. We still have Oladipo, Warren, Holiday, and Turner. Very disappointing series.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not having Sabonis is bad but we shouldn't be down 3-0 to a team when their best player is Jimmy Butler. We still have Oladipo, Warren, Holiday, and Turner. Very disappointing series.

Turner had a pretty good game today but Oladipo was 8-21 from the floor. 

Cant win games with shooting like that. 

27 minutes ago, MTC said:

Pacers are going to get swept. They showed some fight today, but were outmatched.

It's easy to get outmatched when your best player is not on the floor. Plus Oladipo shooting percentage has been garbage. He hasn't even been close to being the player he was before his injury. 

When Sabonis was on the floor we played better without Oladipo, 

Just saying. 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's easy to get outmatched when your best player is not on the floor. Plus Oladipo shooting percentage has been garbage. He hasn't even been close to being the player he was before his injury. 

When Sabonis was on the floor we played better without Oladipo, 

Just saying. 

Having Sabonis in this series would've made a difference no doubt. It may have went 7 and been a 50/50 series at that point. Having said that without him we still should've won at least 2 games IMO. I see a sweep coming now.

No doubt Pacers are getting swept now. Wish they would have waited until after the season to extend McMillan. His record in the playoffs is atrocious. Almost guaranteed a first round exit with him as head coach.

I think Oladipo is gone after next season anyway.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Having Sabonis in this series would've made a difference no doubt. It may have went 7 and been a 50/50 series at that point. Having said that without him we still should've won at least 2 games IMO. I see a sweep coming now.

I agree. The regular season records show these teams were real close in talent. 

McMillan has to take a good share of the blame.    With the Pacers, he is 3-15 in the playoffs.   If the Pacers lose game 4, it'll be that they were swept 3/4 times with Nate as HC.  

I know there are other factors, but when your playoff record is that bad (.327 for his career), there is something there.  Maybe he can't scheme for a series well.   Can't motivate his team well.  

I've been a Pacers fan since Day 1 (1967) and this season is so reminiscent of many others.  Make some moves, overcome injuries, finish with a decent record then exit in Round 1 of the playoffs.

An overhaul is needed...coach and players.  Maybe it won't happen until after the upcoming season since Oladipo may be gone after the next season.  But, it's also difficult to spend big $$$ in this market.  IF they sign a big name, then they still need to build a team around that big name...and big names don't always translate to playoff success.

I know they try and I think this roster had some real promise...lots of talent and balanced.  The loss of Sabonis really hurt, but those things happen and I agree with others that it all comes down to Nate's coaching. 

a lot of people are calling for nate to be fired. i think thats fair there when there isnt a big difference in talent between these two teams and no home court advantage.  

victor should have sat out hes hurting the team too.

37 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

a lot of people are calling for nate to be fired. i think thats fair there when there isnt a big difference in talent between these two teams and no home court advantage.  

victor should have sat out hes hurting the team too.

I don't think he should be fired for certain, but the GM and maybe president need to talk with him about his playoff struggles each season.   

I hope Victor stays and re-signs, he is good for the state of Indiana and he may not be a superstar but he is an all-star at worse - like Jimmy Butler. I like him and Warren and Turner. It is too bad Sabonis was out in this series. My opinion on Nate is mixed. He is a lot like when Vogel was here, never can take us to the promise land but is a good coach. Vogel had PG, West, and Roy playing out his butt for about 3 years so Vogel had a better team. 

Archived