Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread


Recommended Posts

that paul george trade is looking really weird now isnt it?  who would have thought at the time we would get one of the best seasons any pacer has had from victor, then he gets an injury worse than paul george.  now sabonis is maybe the best player on the team 

 

the west hasnt been easy for pg13 either, he probably would have had a better career if he stayed here 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One good performance doesn't negate a career of underwhelming performances.   He's still averaging less than 12 points and 7 rebounds this year despite being a starting 6'11" C with nearly 3

Did anyone here watch the press conference with Malcolm Brogdon? Really seems like a nice guy with strong character and leadership. 

Terry Rozier got $58 mil for 3 years.....19.3 a year ..and we got Malcolm Brogdon for 21 mil a year   I think we might've gotten a better deal...

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that paul george trade is looking really weird now isnt it?  who would have thought at the time we would get one of the best seasons any pacer has had from victor, then he gets an injury worse than paul george.  now sabonis is maybe the best player on the team 

 

the west hasnt been easy for pg13 either, he probably would have had a better career if he stayed here 

PG should've never left, we loved him and his best years were 2013 and 2014.  We are like Utah, small market teams that can't keep anyone. I loved Reggie and Stock and Malone because they stayed. Most players leave a small market team though. OKC has the same problem = Durant/Westbrook. I bet Mitchell leaves Utah. Hayward leaving Utah proves he is another player that isn't loyal lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG should've never left, we loved him and his best years were 2013 and 2014.  We are like Utah, small market teams that can't keep anyone. I loved Reggie and Stock and Malone because they stayed. Most players leave a small market team though. OKC has the same problem = Durant/Westbrook. I bet Mitchell leaves Utah. Hayward leaving Utah proves he is another player that isn't loyal lol.

You can't blame the players too much.  They want to win a championship.   The current trend is to bundle yourself around another 1 or 2 great players and give it a try.  I guess it kind of started with Miami in 2010.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just cannot see McMillan getting fired if Kevin Pritchard is still in charge in the FO. They're basically tied at the hip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTC said:

I just cannot see McMillan getting fired if Kevin Pritchard is still in charge in the FO. They're basically tied at the hip.

You're 100% right. I would bet that if McMillan hadn't worked with him in Portland they weren't "best buds", he would have been fired. His playoff record is abysmal. And they just don't lose, it constantly looks like he's outcoached, out schemed, and just flat out over matched. I don't think McMillan does anything well. The defense comes from Dan Burke. His offense is archaic. I'd love to see this team with a modern offense from a coach who could adapt to his players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nine game losing streak in the playoffs. 
 

Coach McMillan has a 3-16 playoff record for the Pacers.

 

Unless the Pacers ownership is satisfied with mediocrity, it’s time for a change. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I saw on twitter tonight before McMillan, the Pacers had only been swept 3 times in a 7 game series. That's now happened 3 times under McMillan. Hasn't won a series since 2014. It's definitely time for a change. Don't see it happening though. Pritchard seems content with McMillan and apparently Simon is too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Till we get an owner who is willing to pay the NBA a higher luxury tax there will be no titles in Indy.

Money talks to players and our owner won't come to the table to talk money.

That or a hard NBA cap is the only way Indy has a chance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, landrus13 said:

I think I saw on twitter tonight before McMillan, the Pacers had only been swept 3 times in a 7 game series. That's now happened 3 times under McMillan. Hasn't won a series since 2014. It's definitely time for a change. Don't see it happening though. Pritchard seems content with McMillan and apparently Simon is too.

In the Reggie Miller era we were never swept if I am not mistaken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Till we get an owner who is willing to pay the NBA a higher luxury tax there will be no titles in Indy.

Money talks to players and our owner won't come to the table to talk money.

That or a hard NBA cap is the only way Indy has a chance. 

We never will. If I was owner I would but I am not. I would do it for the fans and I could live off a simple salary a year. If someone tomorrow offered me only 1 million a year to own a team I would sign on the dotted line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not really worried about that right now," he said after the Pacers were swept out of the first round for the second year in a row. "Just focused on making sure I get my knee right, get fully strong, get my health where it needs to be. I'll worry about all that when the time comes."

Oladipo will be entering the final year of his contract with the Pacers for 2020-21. He could come to terms on an extension before it begins but unless there's an 11th-hour change, he appears content to wait. 

If Oladipo plays out his deal and becomes a free agent next summer -- two league sources told IndyStar in previous reports that's the expectation -- he's eligible for more money and more years and he'll be at his physical peak provided he's fully recovered from right knee surgery.

 

Some quotes from Oladipo after last night's game. I'm not so sure that he comes back after next season. His mood has definitely changed. He used to be excited about Indiana and I thought he legitimately wanted to stay a Pacer. Doesn't sound that way now. Not sure if it has anything to do with McMillan being extended.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Some quotes from Oladipo after last night's game. I'm not so sure that he comes back after next season. His mood has definitely changed. 

yeah its too bad but the injury changed the trajectory of his career a by a lot.  if he cant get fully healed then he probably wont be playing well into his 30s either.  i think if he got the chance to join a contender then he would take it.  he might also care about one more big pay day more than staying with the pacers too

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Till we get an owner who is willing to pay the NBA a higher luxury tax there will be no titles in Indy.

Money talks to players and our owner won't come to the table to talk money.

That or a hard NBA cap is the only way Indy has a chance. 

 

You're 100% right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MTC said:

Coach McMillan has been relieved of his duties. Wow.

 

 

 

Interesting after they just extended him...maybe that was supposed to be a motivator.  I know it was tough against Miami without Sabonis and Oladipo not at 100%, but other teams deal with injuries and I think this was the last straw after so many round one playoff disasters.

 

Will be interesting to see who they bring in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Interesting after they just extended him...maybe that was supposed to be a motivator.  I know it was tough against Miami without Sabonis and Oladipo not at 100%, but other teams deal with injuries and I think this was the last straw after so many round one playoff disasters.

 

Will be interesting to see who they bring in.

 

This would be a great, short-term hire:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MTC said:

My top coach pick would be Mark Jackson. Not sure how realistic it is.

 

I like him as a candidate.  They need a coach who can bring a new offensive philosophy.  Seems we struggle so much to score compared to other teams.  Our defense has been fine, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Interesting after they just extended him...maybe that was supposed to be a motivator.  I know it was tough against Miami without Sabonis and Oladipo not at 100%, but other teams deal with injuries and I think this was the last straw after so many round one playoff disasters.

 

Will be interesting to see who they bring in.

He was actually extended back in June. They waited to announce it for some reason.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1298644278722387969

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rock Applause GIF

 

Applause to NBA players. They should all go home. Out here playing a game which has distracted everyone from the continued issues that plague our country.

 

Much respect

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I see McMillian finally got canned. I wouldn't mind Mark Jackson either. He played here a lot years too and is a fan favorite.

I've heard the Pacers front office really likes Mike D'Antoni. And the media is saying Rockets are gonna part ways with him. His contract is up after the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, w87r said:

The Rock Applause GIF

 

Applause to NBA players. They should all go home. Out here playing a game which has distracted everyone from the continued issues that plague our country.

 

Much respect

I am mixed on it because no matter what the players do it won't make much of a difference unfortunately. They can't control bad cops killing African Americans - that is upto having a better police force. It is still going to go on at times unfortunately because this isn't a perfect world. I think the players owe it to the fans to play, Sports still gets my mind off a lot of things. I mean what are they going to do never play again if killings keep happening. I am ok with what they did tonight though and understand it. What happened to Jacob Blake was awful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

I've heard the Pacers front office really likes Mike D'Antoni. And the media is saying Rockets are gonna part ways with him. His contract is up after the season.

He is good and about offense that is for sure. It wouldn't be a bad hire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the players owe it to the fans to play, Sports still gets my mind off a lot of things.

Owe it to us? Yeah right.

 

 

2nd part I quoted is the exact reason they should of never been there in the first place. Just provides a distraction from real life problems as they play a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Owe it to us? Yeah right.

 

 

2nd part I quoted is the exact reason they should of never been there in the first place. Just provides a distraction from real life problems as they play a game.

I am not really going to get into a debate about this. You clearly think different than me on this but yes they owe the fans, without the fans their salary's don't get paid. They get millions of dollars to play a kids game and it is entertainment for most people. I love sports and it gets my mind off of things. The NBA not playing games does nothing to help against police brutality. They are in a bubble as well so they are safe from the virus. They go out and about that is a virus waiting to happen. I get it we have a lot of problems out in the world and I agree with them not playing tonight but why cancel the season? I will let you have the last word because I don't want this to turn into a debate on the NBA thread. We already have enough of that on the Floyd thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The NBA not playing games does nothing to help against police brutality.

It keeps people focused on the real problems. That's what it does.

 

Your post is literally the problem with them playing right now. It takes peoples thoughts away from where they should be. Its just a game. They don't owe the fans anything.

 

Don't worry though, Im sure LeBron is ready to shut and dribble some more. He'll say some things to male him look good on social media, but he will be front line on getting back on the court.

 

Look I enjoy watching sports to, but like you said, its just a game that provides a distraction, which is taking spotlight away from what they are trying to change.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We already have enough of that on the Floyd thread.

I cant go over there, I can only imagine. I will probably get banned of I go over there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, w87r said:

It keeps people focused on the real problems. That's what it does.

 

Your post is literally the problem with them playing right now. It takes peoples thoughts away from where they should be. Its just a game. They don't owe the fans anything.

 

Don't worry though, Im sure LeBron is ready to shut and dribble some more. He'll say some things to male him look good on social media, but he will be front line on getting back on the court.

 

Look I enjoy watching sports to, but like you said, its just a game that provides a distraction, which is taking spotlight away from what they are trying to change.

I cant go over there, I can only imagine. I will probably get banned of I go over there.

Yeah I am ok with players speaking out about the problems we have in this world but I still think they should play the season. We can't just quit living no matter who we are. I work 5/6 days a week and have since March, most have. We have to keep living in these trying times. With all the bad stuff going on, I just do not see a bad thing getting your mind off of things for 3 or 4 hours watching sports. 

 

Your post is fair though, I get it. Your last comment about the Floyd thread, I agree 100%. That place has turned into a mess. I haven't posted in there all week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, landrus13 said:

I've heard the Pacers front office really likes Mike D'Antoni. And the media is saying Rockets are gonna part ways with him. His contract is up after the season.

I personally am not a big fan of D'Antoni.

 

Guess we will see what happens.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 8:00 PM, w87r said:

Owe it to us? Yeah right.

 

 

2nd part I quoted is the exact reason they should of never been there in the first place. Just provides a distraction from real life problems as they play a game.

The players do owe the fans. Without fans they wouldn't be a NBA..

Sports IS a distraction from real life problems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not either but he is good at coaching offense. I would love to see Mark Jackson come in.

Definitely a good offense coach and more valuable in this modern era.

 

I could get behind Mark Jackson....(pause)

 

1 because I like him

2 has history with the franchise

3 van gundy and him annoy me often during telecast 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

Definitely a good offense coach and more valuable in this modern era.

 

I could get behind Mark Jackson....(pause)

 

1 because I like him

2 has history with the franchise

3 van gundy and him annoy me often during telecast 

Actually Van Gundy wouldn't be a bad choice, sounds funny but he would be different haha . Mark would be my choice though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually Van Gundy wouldn't be a bad choice, sounds funny but he would be different haha . Mark would be my choice though.

I agree

 

They both might have jobs this offseason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, w87r said:

I agree

 

They both might have jobs this offseason.

I've heard Pacers are interested in Brett Brown and Kenny Atkinson. Not sure about either of them. I think D'Antoni would be perfect. His offensive philosophy would really open up Turner's game. They'd have to make some roster adjustments because this current roster doesn't have the shooters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • MTC locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Does anyone know how fast he is? He could be a nice compliment of speed on offense until Campbell returns.
    • Probably the most generous and kindest Owner in the NFL.
    • I'm baffled MJ hasn't landed a permanent job on a roster somewhere. The Colts need to keep him on the main roster and not allow someone else to snag him from us. All he does is come in and make plays.
    • I would love to bring Houston back for another year. He obviously still has a lot left in the tank and you need veteran leadership on both sides of the ball, especially for a younger defense. I'm actually really high on Marvell Tell, but he was a rookie last year who played safety in college and transitioned to corner in the NFL. I was disappointed he decided to sit out this season because he could use all the reps and experience he could get. I have no idea what to expect from him in 2021, but hopefully he continues to improve. Rhodes, Moore, Ya-Sin, and Tell would be a solid top 4 in 2021. You also have Isiaiah Rodgers too.   Do you bring back Denico Autry? You definitely gotta bring back Grover Stewart. Sheldon Day is also a free agent. Guess we gotta wait until the off-season to see which direction Chris Ballard decides to take.
    • Andrew who is back doing what?
  • Members

    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 134

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 2,883

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,386

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,572

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • a06cc

      a06cc 822

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 10,540

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • UKColt13

      UKColt13 1,454

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DarkSuperman

      DarkSuperman 3,809

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,746

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chucklez

      Chucklez 982

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...