Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 - 2020 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, landrus13 said:

I've heard Pacers are interested in Brett Brown and Kenny Atkinson. Not sure about either of them. I think D'Antoni would be perfect. His offensive philosophy would really open up Turner's game. They'd have to make some roster adjustments because this current roster doesn't have the shooters.

Atkinson is another guy I wouldn't mind.

Id be ok with D'Antoni, just not a fan.

Would open up Myles, but what does he mean for Sabonis?

What about Jason Kidd?

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Atkinson is another guy I wouldn't mind.

Id be ok with D'Antoni, just not a fan.

Would open up Myles, but what does he mean for Sabonis?

What about Jason Kidd?

I think Sabonis would thrive too. He's got a good mid-range game. He can rebound. I don't think we'd see Turner and Sabonis on the floor at the same time as much under D'Antoni.

1 minute ago, landrus13 said:

mid-range game.

Thats not part of D'Antoni's language.

I think Sabonis would be on the move.

I'm looking forward to see what changes come about this offseason.

Im ready to move on from Victor. Think we can get a solid package for him.

Hope we dont trade Turner though, that would be tough to digest.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Thats not part of D'Antoni's language.

I think Sabonis would be on the move.

I'm looking forward to see what changes come about this offseason.

Im ready to move on from Victor. Think we can get a solid package for him.

Hope we dont trade Turner though, that would be tough to digest.

I would keep Sabonis and Turner no matter what. Having 2 good Big's is rare. If we trade Victor, it would have to be for a high draft pick and another player that is at least above average to good. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would keep Sabonis and Turner no matter what. Having 2 good Big's is rare. If we trade Victor, it would have to be for a high draft pick and another player that is at least above average to good. 

I would keep them both as well, I just dont see it if MDA is the coach.

I would trade Sabonis for Jaylen Brown though, if Boston goes after a big.

I've seen a bunch of trade rumors/speculation about what VO could bring...take them for what they are worth....not much

Dipo for #1 and Culver + cap filler

Dipo for #2 and Wiggins

I imagine Knicks would be interested with Leon Rose.

Maybe #8, Randle, Knox and a Dallas 1st?

Maybe Atlanta would come off of #6 and John Collins?

Orlando:

#15, Gordon, Owundo(sp?) Additional pick?

Any of those interest you?

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I would keep them both as well, I just dont see it if MDA is the coach.

I would trade Sabonis for Jaylen Brown though, if Boston goes after a big.

I've seen a bunch of trade rumors/speculation about what VO could bring...take them for what they are worth....not much

Dipo for #1 and Culver + cap filler

Dipo for #2 and Wiggins

I imagine Knicks would be interested with Leon Rose.

Maybe #8, Randle, Knox and a Dallas 1st?

Maybe Atlanta would come off of #6 and John Collins?

Orlando:

#15, Gordon, Owundo(sp?) Additional pick?

Any of those interest you?

The Wiggins one does, I have always been a fan of his but I also think he is good. He isn't great like he was predicted to be out of college but he is good. I would take him and a draft pick for Victor. Victor and Wiggins are similar in talent.

Pacers have some tough decisions to make, running the same team back probably wont give different results

personally i am doubting victor will return to his old form.  he played a pretty risky style that would have been hard to sustain even if he didnt get hurt.  i like sabonis better but turner fits more with D'Antoni

maybe they make a HUGE splash in the off season to get this team in contention, sounds like a pacers move right?

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Pacers have some tough decisions to make, running the same team back probably wont give different results

personally i am doubting victor will return to his old form.  he played a pretty risky style that would have been hard to sustain even if he didnt get hurt.  i like sabonis better but turner fits more with D'Antoni

maybe they make a HUGE splash in the off season to get this team in contention, sounds like a pacers move right?

Yes, this will be a pivotal off season, and I short one, I assume?  I haven't looked to see if the regular season will start in the fall like it has in the past?

Not sure about a HUGE splash...will depend on who they hire as the new coach, I'm guessing.

Something has changed with Victor and I hope it is not the PG thinking. What I mean by that, Victor seemed to love it here for 2 years but the FO won't add another Superstar and give him a chance at a championship. They won't go over the Cap like the Warriors did, Cavs did, etc.. That is why PG left, he went somewhere where he could play for a ring.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Something has changed with Victor and I hope it is not the PG thinking. What I mean by that, Victor seemed to love it here for 2 years but the FO won't add another Superstar and give him a chance at a championship. They won't go over the Cap like the Warriors did, Cavs did, etc.. That is why PG left, he went somewhere where he could play for a ring.

His attitude towards Indiana has definitely changed. If he was interested in staying here, why not say it and try to get something done. Instead he says we'll see when it comes time for it. I'm pretty sure he's gonna walk. I saw Brogdon wasn't happy with the offense and Justin Holiday wasn't happy either. 

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/08/29/rumor-victor-oladipo-leaning-toward-leaving-pacers-in-2021-free-agency/

The first thing I thought when I heard McMillan was fired was that it was done in an attempt to keep Vic. 

I’m really starting to feel like this is a PG situation all over again. 

It speaks to a bigger problem with this franchise. One franchise player bolting can be written off as an isolated incident. If (or when) it happens again just a few short years that illustrates a problem. 

And I definitely think we have a problem. The fact that it’s even a possibility is a red flag. 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Victor got his feeling hurt when the team played better without him. 

There was a lot of press that said that so you never know ? 

I have been saying for years that Simon needs to sell the team to an owner who is willing to do what it takes to bring a championship to Indiana. 

All these years have gone by and Simon has taken advantage of the love of basketball in Indiana. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think Victor got his feeling hurt when the team played better without him. 

There was a lot of press that said that so you never know ? 

I have been saying for years that Simon needs to sell the team to an owner who is willing to do what it takes to bring a championship to Indiana. 

All these years have gone by and Simon has taken advantage of the love of basketball in Indiana. 

Simon is absolutely the heart of the issues this franchise has, IMO. He’s perfectly happy just being a placeholder playoff team. He doesn’t care if we get swept out of the first round, just so long as we get in. Those years we had legitimate title hopes? Happy little accidents, honestly.

The Pacers will have these kinds of problems and never compete for a championship as long as Simon is around making sure they don’t spend too much money to be competitive. 

17 minutes ago, MTC said:

Anyone watch or read quotes from Kevin Pritchard press conference yesterday?

Doesn't sound like Oladipo will be moved and he wants to keep Turner and Sabonis in the starting rotation, but we'll see.

I watched the video...lots of GM speak, of course.  I'm sure he wants to keep Oladipo, if possible...BUT, if Victor indicates he doesn't want to come back, a la Paul George, then I'm sure he'll be traded in order to get something back.  It worked well when PG was traded for Oladipo and Sabonis.

I think Oladipo is gone. Unless the new head coach really hits it off with him. I just get the sense he's done here. His whole handling of the situation in Orlando was weird. Awhile back it came out that he had interest in playing for Miami. Now it's coming out that he's leaning towards leaving. It's time for Pritchard to get a sense of what Oladipo wants and either trade him or build a contending team around him.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far these playoffs have been interesting. Bucks being down 3-0 to the Heat is shocking! The Bucks look like a bunch of chumps and are getting owned by Jimmy Butler. Lakers down 1-0 so far to the Rockets too, will LeBron choke? Nuggets/Clippers are all even at 1-1, and Celtics/Raptors at 2-2. 

Team dynamics are a funny thing. Giannis had a -19pt differential in game 3. Then gets h3irt and all of a sudden the rest of the team loosens up and plays well to take game 4.

Makes the Pacers not look as bad for losong3 to Heat.

Going back and forth on who I want to win Lakers/Rockets series as I hate Lebron and Harden pretty equally. Changes ny game. Lol, I start to see Harden flopping around complaining about continuation and it just makes me ready for him to be sent home.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Team dynamics are a funny thing. Giannis had a -19pt differential in game 3. Then gets h3irt and all of a sudden the rest of the team loosens up and plays well to take game 4.

Makes the Pacers not look as bad for losong3 to Heat.

Going back and forth on who I want to win Lakers/Rockets series as I hate Lebron and Harden pretty equally. Changes ny game. Lol, I start to see Harden flopping around complaining about continuation and it just makes me ready for him to be sent home.

Lakers will win now IMO, Rockets had a golden opp to go up 2-0 and just ran out of gas in the 4th. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers will win now IMO, Rockets had a golden opp to go up 2-0 and just ran out of gas in the 4th. 

I think so too. Don't really matter either say to me though. If Lakers go out in this round, chances are increased that AD leaves, so thats a big bonus for me.

Can't believe as a Laker fan I say that, but the hatred for Lebron and him not getting any more titles is real. Lol. Im petty 

59 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think so too. Don't really matter either say to me though. If Lakers go out in this round, chances are increased that AD leaves, so thats a big bonus for me.

Can't believe as a Laker fan I say that, but the hatred for Lebron and him not getting any more titles is real. Lol. Im petty 

Lakers have always been my 2nd team so I feel ya because I am not a LeBron fan either. I loved Magic and Kareem, and Kobe and Shaq. I hated that they beat us in the 2000 Finals but if we had to lose to anyone at least it was them. Reggie had a better chance to get a ring in 1998 and 2005. 1998 we had the Bulls beat and 2005 was the brawl. 

On 9/5/2020 at 12:19 PM, MTC said:

Rumors are swirling that Reggie Miller is interested in the head coaching job - thoughts?

I don't see it happening.  Part of me would love seeing Reggie on the sidelines again, but part of me wants an established coach with experience to bring to the table.

I will say, I love Reggie calling the Clippers Nuggets series. I dont know if anyone has been tuning in but his analyst is spot on. If he could pull that to the sideline with him, might be interesting.

He caught in the Jokic rebounding and throwing TD passes early in the game last night. 

I tried to pay a little extra attention to his analyst after seeing the post about him wanting the job. If you havent been checking that series out, you should to get a grasp of what Reggie just might bring.

Edit: he is calling this Bucks and Heat gamr tonight.

8 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

I don't see it happening.  Part of me would love seeing Reggie on the sidelines again, but part of me wants an established coach with experience to bring to the table.

I makes no difference how much experience a coach has as long as Simon is the owner. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Simon would more than likely love Reggie to become the coach. 

Reggie would draw a few more fans in the stands. :dunno:

If there was one coach that could put pressure on Simon going over the Cap it is Reggie. Reggie has a lot of pull here in Indy and is the greatest Pacer ever. If he comes out and says the team needs more help to win, you never know?

30 minutes ago, MTC said:

List of candidates the Pacers plan to interview including Spurs' Becky Hammon and former Kings HC Dave Joerger:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29845347/becky-hammon-dave-joerger-first-round-pacers-coaching-interviews

Honestly, not familiar with any of those names.  But, I'm not an avid NBA follower, so I hope some of you all have some insights.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Honestly, not familiar with any of those names.  But, I'm not an avid NBA follower, so I hope some of you all have some insights.

Becky Hammon is pretty intriguing. She's been learning under Pop. She's coached the Spurs in the summer league. Not much experience but she's an interesting option. I like how the Spurs play so that could be a realistic option.

Archived