Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report Ranks Teams best setup for future #1 Colts .

HOF19

Final sentence of article " While Indianapolis isn't Belichickian in its level of impressive just yet , it sure seems poised to assume the role if New England ever steps aside ". ……………..DARE I believe ?????  ( At the bottom of the article there is a comment section with a lot of fans disagreeing ) Article link >>>>>https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840869-ranking-the-nfl-teams-best-set-up-for-the-future?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide10

• Like 2

Polian built from a foundation too but this team 'feels' different. 

Polian never built this kind of depth, he had his superstars and filled in the blanks with cheap, young players who were often undersized.

Ballard is drafting and signing players of seemingly equal skill sets (following his measurements profile) to offer layers of depth and competition throughout the entire roster. Their motors and intelligence will set them apart, not necessarily latent athletic ability.

This is something more akin to what Polian did with his Buffalo teams versus his Colts teams.

• Like 3

Interesting. The Colts are #1...but the LAR are #2. Two distinct roster building styles.

I think SF gets a bit slighted here. They have a great HC and a young QB who was lighting it up before getting hurt. He should be able to return just fine...and they have a ton of young talent and cap space.

Honestly, NO has a lot of young talent..but an older QB.

"Set up for the future" doesn't really mean as much in the NFL as it does other sports...unless you are Patriots (and the future doesn't really seem to matter). But it's a better place to be than not.

17 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Final sentence of article " While Indianapolis isn't Belichickian in its level of impressive just yet , it sure seems poised to assume the role if New England ever steps aside ".

*sigh*

Sports journalism wouldn't be sports journalism without the over-use of superlative.

51 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I thought it was only good if the Colts were flying under the radar and people were dismissing or discounting them as a good team.

Truthfully I prefer it that way . To me it is better to be underestimated than to have a target on your back .

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I thought it was only good if the Colts were flying under the radar and people were dismissing or discounting them as a good team.

I think many fans prefer it that way. From what I have seen and heard...this locker room doesn't seem to give a crap about outside comments one way or another. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

Truthfully I prefer it that way . To me it is better to be underestimated than to have a target on your back .

^I'm in the same boat

26 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I think many fans prefer it that way. From what I have seen and heard...this locker room doesn't seem to give a crap about outside comments one way or another. 

Maybe, we shall see. 

5 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Last time Colts were this hyped, we all know what happened. I think that's why people prefer to fly under the radar. Honestly, I trust this team under the spotlight. The Colts were eventually going a ton of time in the spotlight. This team is a lot different than the one that went to the AFCCG.