Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Many Colts Make the Top 100?

Smonroe

22 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

10. I mean, aren't the entire draft class this year gonna be HOFers? I heard that from somewhere.

Lol!  They might have to actually play a game before going to Canton.  

I know these lists are inane as the “Predictions” threads (after all, who really cares what someone predicts?), but we’re rapidly approaching the NFL dead period and need something to talk about.  

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I’m guessing 5.  Luck, TY, Ebron, Nelson, Maniac.

A few others, like Mack, Kelly, and Moore probably deserve it but probably won’t get a mention.  

Luck should be top 10, maybe top 5.  

I was just thinking about this recently too, and came to the same 5. TY is always a good bet to make it. Luck is now back to being a top QB. Ebron had a big year and they normally will pick those guys. Nelson is one of the best Oline guys in the league it is believed and Maniac is DROY and thus will be included.

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

A few others, like Mack, Kelly, and Moore probably deserve it but probably won’t get a mention.  

I could see Ebron getting slighted, but I agree that those 5 should make the top 100. Luck and Leonard will probably be the 2 highest ranked Colts. 

Top 100,,,, if they are representing each position equally, means the top 4ish at each position, I think we have 4 or 5.

Nelson is easily a top 4 LG.

Leonard is easily a top 4 WLB.

Ebron was top #1 in TDs and top 5 in yards, should be easily in top 100.

TY is top 4 Z (or simply small WR), only behind Hill and Brown in stats.

Kelly might be a top 4 C, although C is probably under represented in most Top 100s.

In terms of who would be in demand the most, or make the most money, Luck, Nelson, TY, Leonard, Ebron....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

What about Vinateri? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Top 100,,,, if they are representing each position equally, means the top 4ish at each position, I think we have 4 or 5.

Nelson is easily a top 4 LG.

Leonard is easily a top 4 WLB.

Ebron was top #1 in TDs and top 5 in yards, should be easily in top 100.

TY is top 4 Z (or simply small WR), only behind Hill and Brown in stats.

Kelly might be a top 4 C, although C is probably under represented in most Top 100s.

In terms of who would be in demand the most, or make the most money, Luck, Nelson, TY, Leonard, Ebron....

I think Luck will make the top 30 (he should) but it is hard telling with that list. Like most lists, you never know?? TY and Ebron will barely make it IMO but they will. Nelson and Leonard will be top 75 or should be.

Probably 4...Leonard, TY and Luck....and one of Ebron/Nelson. But there is the possibility of 3...and potential for 5.

Hilton wasn't on last year's list...that had 14 WRs on it. But that was with Brissett as QB. Last season should be good enough for him to break through...but there are lots of good WRs in the NFL right now...so I could still see him getting snubbed.

Only two Gs were on last year's list...so if they expand the number of Gs...then Nelson should be in there, along with guys like Yanda, Martin and Decastro. 

They had 5 TEs on last year's list. Drop off Gronk, Graham and Walker...and put Kittle on it. That leaves two spots. I think one will go to Jared Cook...which would leave a spot for Ebron (unless they give the nod to someone like Engram). However, the gap between the big 3 and everyone else is such that I could imagine only 3 TEs being on the list.

I'm hoping 5 with Luck, TY, Ebron, Nelson, and Leonard. But this list is notorious for being just terrible. There will be plenty of deserving players left off, I just hope they aren't our players. But this list is a popularity contest and with the buzz surrounding our players this year, we could be very well represented. 

Mahomes will be #1 and Brady will be #2 or something way too high. 

14 hours ago, Smonroe said:

No kicker (or Colt) made it last year.  Even though AV broke the record, I’ll be surprised if he makes the 100.  

True, it is unlikely.  But I heard someone say they were including all the position groups.  If they include Special Teams at all, him and the kicker in NE should be mentioned in my opinion . I would also put our punter up against any other.  He is perhaps the most underrated player on our team.  As much as many of us were sad to see McAfee go, he filled the void (outside of being hilarious) immediately.  

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Luck will make the top 30 (he should) but it is hard telling with that list. Like most lists, you never know?? TY and Ebron will barely make it IMO but they will. Nelson and Leonard will be top 75 or should be.

yup it's really hard when most "lists" don't define any criteria. 

• Like 1