Believe In Luck!

bap1331

-Son of an NFL quarterback

-Recruited by a Harbaugh in college

-trained by Peyton Manning

-Family friendly with the Manning family

-Broke many records in college

-Best Prospect since Peyton

The difference that all other busts had were their work ethic and Andrew Luck is very committed and KNOWS he has big shoes to fill.

It took me days to get over this whole Peyton release but now i have confidence in him! :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/stanford-cardinal/2010/10/20/1762833/jim-harbaugh-loves-andrew-luck-as-much-as-his-wife

"I was thinking just the other night that two people in my life, my wife and our quarterback, Andrew Luck, have a lot in common in that they're just both perfect. With most people you say, 'If they only didn't do that. Or they didn't do this.' Or you wish they could do this, or you wish they could do that. But I don't do that with my wife Sarah or Andrew Luck. They are just absolutely perfect the way they are. For football coach that's pretty great -- to have a great wife and a great quarterback."

I would just urge fans to be patient with him. We all pain over losing Peyton, and it is no secret many feel like Manning was cut solely because Luck is available to us. That being the case, I fear that the gut reaction when Andrew struggles (and Peyton likely succeeds elsewhere) will be to be angry with the Colts for letting Peyton go, calling Andrew a bust, etc. We have to remember that he will be a rookie QB, no rookie QB has ever had a winning season, and Peyton in fact struggled and went 3-13 his first year (even Aaron Rodgers went 6-10 his first season as a true starter).

It is sad Peyton is gone, but we have to realize we are really in a great position for the long term of this organization. If you simply break down the measurables, Luck and Manning are eerily similar at the time they were drafted. I just hope the fans rally around this kid like we did a young Peyton and give him the time to go through his growing pains and hopefully develop into what scouts think he can. Bruce Arians did a great job with rookie Peyton and rookie Big-Ben, now it is in his hands to do the same with rookie Andrew Luck. Go Colts!!

I wouldn't say trained by Peyton Manning. A few days at a passing camp do not count as being trained. I still don't like the way he throws the ball. They seem to hang in the air for a long time, but that might just be because of TV.

Actually he is so awesome than whenever he throws the ball, God slows down time so we all can appreciate how perfect a throw it was.

If you were watching it in real time all you'd see is the vapor trail.

:)

I agree, I think its a proven fact, that the goofier a QB looks, the better he is. :D

Eli just said "That's not nice.". And Brady said it's not true.

Here's my question, and maybe it deserves it's own thread: If Luck turns out to be as good as Matt Ryan or Stafford (without the injuries), will people be happy? Of do you expect more?

Here's my question, and maybe it deserves it's own thread: If Luck turns out to be as good as Matt Ryan or Stafford (without the injuries), will people be happy? Of do you expect more?

That is a good question. I think we should be happy if Luck turns out to be a good quality starter like that (hopefully accompanied by a defense that can actually play ball). That said, I think the fan base in general will not be happy, and the reasoning is twofold. First, we all have gone over a decade watching Peyton Manning play quarterback. Bias or not, unquestionably he is (and always will be) one of the absolute best at playing the position, he is nothing short of the pinnacle of his position. Second, the hype Luck has gotten pre-draft has been unprecedented. He was the "sure thing" number one pick if he came out last year, only to go back to school and be praised even more this season as "the greatest pick in the last 30 years," "the best since Elway/Manning (two hall of famers)," a "once in a generation prospect," "sure thing to be a top five quarterback in the league" (saw Mel Kiper say that the other day), etc. etc. etc. The amount of attention he has received has been absolutely unparalleled, and I think that indirectly raised everyones' expectations of what he should be playing like on the next level.

I'll keep my expectations on the positive side of good, but appreciate he needs to deliver to a high level to just reach that definition.

I'll also keep any expectations of 'elite' out of reach until he has a few seasons under his belt.

I think the appropriate time to give him the elite title is when he hoists the Lombardi trophy for the second time.

I honestly could care less about Luck. I could care less about the Colts either. They will not be fun to watch. Well maybe if you want to watch them lose. Regardless, I have generally lived in the Indy area most of my life. I became a Colts fan b/c of #18 and #88. I enjoyed watching them work together which was magic. Now they have nothing but a "prospect". I also have never respected either Irsay and I hope that Luck does not want to come here or that he falls incredibly short of expectations. I just want Jim Irsay to live with the worst "business" decision of his life. Peyton wanted to remain a Colt and retire a Colt and Irsay f'ed him on that. I hope Peyton goes to another team and thrives. Then I hope that he retires as that team member and I hope he disses the Colts and Irsay and enters the HOF as a member of another team. That would be befitting and I would have a smile from ear to ear. Now all you lifetime colts fans can criticize my comment all you want but I believe I have my own right to speak. I guess I wish them well for all you out there but they lost myself and a number of others. Also, the Colts national, and for that fact, international fan base is now gone. They will only follow Peyton and not the Colts. To them, he was the Colts. And in all honesty, he was, no denying that. I know, I know, he is only one player but you are then only kidding yourselves if you think there is any other player from his team that brought this team to national prominence. TV and fan base revenue for the Colts I believe will probably fall 50% from Manning era. Good luck Colts, hope you enjoy sweeping up the AFC South basement for the rest of your existence, ala 80's and 90's. Oh the excitement as some of you have put it watching a team rebuild. Yeah, well they said that about the Colts up until they drafted #18. And it never happened did it. Thank goodness for smart phones now, I can see a lot of angry birds being played during Colts home games.

I think Andrew Luck's floor is Matt Ryan. He will at the very least, be as good as Matt Ryan. He can also be much much better.

I honestly could care less about Luck. I could care less about the Colts either. They will not be fun to watch. Well maybe if you want to watch them lose. Regardless, I have generally lived in the Indy area most of my life. I became a Colts fan b/c of #18 and #88. I enjoyed watching them work together which was magic. Now they have nothing but a "prospect".

So by your logic when Peyton retired by a Colt (which we ALL wish would have happened by the way), you would then stop rooting for the team also because they would have to bring in a new "prospect?" So in other words you just like cheering for a team when they are lucky enough to have a ridiculously unprecedented winning record?

Of course we lost a national fan base when Peyton left, for most people across America they could care less about the Colts (and why would they?), they just liked watching Peyton. But I will bet you a bunch of America tunes into the Colts to see what Andrew Luck looks like too - the kid is 22 years old and already a household name, don't you think a lot of people will want to see how he performs too? By the way, the day he and RG3 worked out at the combine, it had its highest viewer rating in history.

The change hurts. And no, Peyton isn't just a player. But this is a game, and when we are dealing with a "young man's game," this kind of change will always happen. There will be a day when some young "prospect" surpasses Brady on the depth chart too, just like what happened with Favre.

wanted to join so I could see all the comments being made about the Saviour Luck. And so I can watch people bash the Colts wants the season starts up again. Never had an interest in joining until now. Some of you lifetimers just make me laugh and I find it humorous. The "we will be great agains" and "we are rebuilding a dynasty" are just great to read. Never before have Colts discussions been so entertaining. And the new season hasn't even started. I figure if the Colts are lucky they will end up like a Bengals of Texans type of team. May get close to playoff success but will always fall short. Luck hasn't proven squat and until he raises the Lombardy trophy for what he has done, I will never be sold on him.

I figure if the Colts are lucky they will end up like a Bengals of Texans type of team. May get close to playoff success but will always fall short.

In fairness, it is a pretty rare thing historically to have the unprecedented success the franchise has had over the past decade.

wanted to join so I could see all the comments being made about the Saviour Luck. And so I can watch people bash the Colts wants the season starts up again. Never had an interest in joining until now. Some of you lifetimers just make me laugh and I find it humorous. The "we will be great agains" and "we are rebuilding a dynasty" are just great to read. Never before have Colts discussions been so entertaining. And the new season hasn't even started. I figure if the Colts are lucky they will end up like a Bengals of Texans type of team. May get close to playoff success but will always fall short. Luck hasn't proven squat and until he raises the Lombardy trophy for what he has done, I will never be sold on him.

How could Luck prove anything when he's not even in the league yet? Thats just a nonsensical comment and quite frankly, one the you just regurgitated from the other angry posters here.

In fairness, it is a pretty rare thing historically to have the unprecedented success the franchise has had over the past decade.

It is also unprecedented how lucky the franchise has been in drafting 3 of the most highly rated QB prospects in history, assuming the Colts pick Luck.

It is also unprecedented how lucky the franchise has been in drafting 3 of the most highly rated QB prospects in history, assuming the Colts pick Luck.

Totally agree. It really is ironic when you hear people say Luck is the "best" since Elway/Manning - and we drafted both, and presumably will draft Luck. Very strange how this game works out sometimes.

Totally agree. It really is ironic when you hear people say Luck is the "best" since Elway/Manning - and we drafted both, and presumably will draft Luck. Very strange how this game works out sometimes.

There are 31 other NFL teams who look on the Colts as unusually lucky in this sense. We have not had to experience the desolate and barren years of a franchise QB search, like that of the Dolphins and the Broncos, post Elway and Marino, respectively.

For this reason, part of me understands why the Redskins did what they did to get the #2 pick this year.

Well I'd personally be happy with that.

Of course, we don't know what their ceiling is so it's kinda hard to judge, but yeah, I'd be happy with that. Those are guys you can with with.

I would just urge fans to be patient with him. We all pain over losing Peyton, and it is no secret many feel like Manning was cut solely because Luck is available to us. That being the case, I fear that the gut reaction when Andrew struggles (and Peyton likely succeeds elsewhere) will be to be angry with the Colts for letting Peyton go, calling Andrew a bust, etc. We have to remember that he will be a rookie QB, no rookie QB has ever had a winning season, and Peyton in fact struggled and went 3-13 his first year (even Aaron Rodgers went 6-10 his first season as a true starter).

It is sad Peyton is gone, but we have to realize we are really in a great position for the long term of this organization. If you simply break down the measurables, Luck and Manning are eerily similar at the time they were drafted. I just hope the fans rally around this kid like we did a young Peyton and give him the time to go through his growing pains and hopefully develop into what scouts think he can. Bruce Arians did a great job with rookie Peyton and rookie Big-Ben, now it is in his hands to do the same with rookie Andrew Luck. Go Colts!!

the Bengals and Texans had 2 rookie QBs that made it to the playoffs. We have an easy schedule this year so i think we may have a chance to slip into wild card somehow assuming that the Titans and Jaguars dont do very well.

I can't see Luck not being at least as good as Eli. Which I rank Eli anywhere from 5th to 7th best qb in nfl.

And with Peyton & Brady getting up there in age and Breese not too far behind them, I think theres a good chance in a few years that Rogers & Luck will be the two best QB's in the league.

I honestly could care less about Luck. I could care less about the Colts either. They will not be fun to watch. Well maybe if you want to watch them lose. Regardless, I have generally lived in the Indy area most of my life. I became a Colts fan b/c of #18 and #88. I enjoyed watching them work together which was magic. Now they have nothing but a "prospect". I also have never respected either Irsay and I hope that Luck does not want to come here or that he falls incredibly short of expectations. I just want Jim Irsay to live with the worst "business" decision of his life. Peyton wanted to remain a Colt and retire a Colt and Irsay f'ed him on that. I hope Peyton goes to another team and thrives. Then I hope that he retires as that team member and I hope he disses the Colts and Irsay and enters the HOF as a member of another team. That would be befitting and I would have a smile from ear to ear. Now all you lifetime colts fans can criticize my comment all you want but I believe I have my own right to speak. I guess I wish them well for all you out there but they lost myself and a number of others. Also, the Colts national, and for that fact, international fan base is now gone. They will only follow Peyton and not the Colts. To them, he was the Colts. And in all honesty, he was, no denying that. I know, I know, he is only one player but you are then only kidding yourselves if you think there is any other player from his team that brought this team to national prominence. TV and fan base revenue for the Colts I believe will probably fall 50% from Manning era. Good luck Colts, hope you enjoy sweeping up the AFC South basement for the rest of your existence, ala 80's and 90's. Oh the excitement as some of you have put it watching a team rebuild. Yeah, well they said that about the Colts up until they drafted #18. And it never happened did it. Thank goodness for smart phones now, I can see a lot of angry birds being played during Colts home games.

So why did you decide to be a member on the COLTS website?

the Bengals and Texans had 2 rookie QBs that made it to the playoffs. We have an easy schedule this year so i think we may have a chance to slip into wild card somehow assuming that the Titans and Jaguars dont do very well.

You are right, by winning I meant over .500, but I checked and the Bengals went 9-7. I meant a rookie QB that started the entire season as well (excluding Yates).

Though I disagree that we have a chance to slip into a wild card, but not because of Luck's play. I think Luck will struggle, but handle himself okay. I think the rest of the team at this point in time, however, just has too many holes to fill in one off-season to actually be in playoff contention next year.

Playoffs???? (Mora just had a heart attack)

A good thing about Luck taking over after PM is that he knows he has big shoes to fill, so hopefully that makes him strive to study film and have a good work ethic to try and live up to expectations.

no one works / will work as hard as Peyton, he's was an abberation. hopefully Luck will put half the time in that Peyton did/does. sorry for spelling.