Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Believe In Luck!

bap1331

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh if you read his posts you would understand he comes across like he hopes Luck fails.

Yeah I know, I'm surprised he claims to be trying and the fact his avatar claims Luck is all hype is evidence of this. I doubt he's trying at all.

the Bengals and Texans had 2 rookie QBs that made it to the playoffs. We have an easy schedule this year so i think we may have a chance to slip into wild card somehow assuming that the Titans and Jaguars dont do very well.

How many times will people keep saying this, before they realize the circumstances were way different than Indy's situation? Maybe never.

How many times will people keep saying this, before they realize the circumstances were way different than Indy's situation? Maybe never.

How long do you think it will be before I ever forget the Texans blowing that lead at their house. Maybe never. HA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmY_bkpbyME

Well I'd personally be happy with that.

Of course, we don't know what their ceiling is so it's kinda hard to judge, but yeah, I'd be happy with that. Those are guys you can with with.

Exactly.

People dont want to hear this either but Peyton was basically a slightly better version of Matt Ryan for his 1st 4 seasons in the league. Very good regular season stats but couldnt win the big game (according to the media). In his 5th season he was finally able to shake that a be considered an elite QB and obviously he took his game even further to GOAT status.

Im not saying Ryan will be the next Manning but he's shown at times he has the talent necessary to be a top 5 kind of QB. Its just really about his understanding of the game taking the next step. I think Ryan is def. a QB capable of winning a SB. He just needs to mature a little bit more and have a better team around him.

Stafford just threw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs. Im pretty sure if the Lions put a running game around him and improve that defense they are going to be a contender soon.

Obviously neither Stafford or Ryan are Manning but they are really good QBs and if Luck turned out to be the same level of QB this team would be in great shape.

I'm trying but I just can't do it. Not yet anyway.

A few wins will cure that. I'm not ready to act like a fan of his yet. He has to earn that, it isn't a given. Andrew Luck is gonna have to earn my respect and I have a feeling he will in due time.

So why does Luck need more SB rings than Peyton to be called elite? Sorry if I've missed your point...

I think you've missed my point much earlier than this.

I was not prepared to call Luck an elite QB either, and responded to your earlier post by providing my criterion by which I would confer that titel.

Since you pointed out that my original criterion was not good, by showing me that PM is elite without having obtained 2 rings, I must now revise my criterion.

However, I don't think that the criterion should be just one ring. Dilfer has a ring, and I do not consider him an elite QB.

I don't think Luck requires 2 rings to be called elite. However, if he does get 2 rings, I don't think there will be any arguments against calling him elite.

I honestly could care less about Luck. I could care less about the Colts either. They will not be fun to watch. Well maybe if you want to watch them lose. Regardless, I have generally lived in the Indy area most of my life. I became a Colts fan b/c of #18 and #88. I enjoyed watching them work together which was magic. Now they have nothing but a "prospect". I also have never respected either Irsay and I hope that Luck does not want to come here or that he falls incredibly short of expectations. I just want Jim Irsay to live with the worst "business" decision of his life. Peyton wanted to remain a Colt and retire a Colt and Irsay f'ed him on that. I hope Peyton goes to another team and thrives. Then I hope that he retires as that team member and I hope he disses the Colts and Irsay and enters the HOF as a member of another team. That would be befitting and I would have a smile from ear to ear. Now all you lifetime colts fans can criticize my comment all you want but I believe I have my own right to speak. I guess I wish them well for all you out there but they lost myself and a number of others. Also, the Colts national, and for that fact, international fan base is now gone. They will only follow Peyton and not the Colts. To them, he was the Colts. And in all honesty, he was, no denying that. I know, I know, he is only one player but you are then only kidding yourselves if you think there is any other player from his team that brought this team to national prominence. TV and fan base revenue for the Colts I believe will probably fall 50% from Manning era. Good luck Colts, hope you enjoy sweeping up the AFC South basement for the rest of your existence, ala 80's and 90's. Oh the excitement as some of you have put it watching a team rebuild. Yeah, well they said that about the Colts up until they drafted #18. And it never happened did it. Thank goodness for smart phones now, I can see a lot of angry birds being played during Colts home games.

So long..

I think you've missed my point much earlier than this.

I was not prepared to call Luck an elite QB either, and responded to your earlier post by providing my criterion by which I would confer that titel.

Since you pointed out that my original criterion was not good, by showing me that PM is elite without having obtained 2 rings, I must now revise my criterion.

However, I don't think that the criterion should be just one ring. Dilfer has a ring, and I do not consider him an elite QB.

I don't think Luck requires 2 rings to be called elite. However, if he does get 2 rings, I don't think there will be any arguments against calling him elite.

Was Jim Plunket "elite"

I think the term elite is defined differently for everyone.. Some ppl its stats, some its SB wins... I think if you make it into the Hall of Fame then you had an elite career

Well, if you define elite as a player who makes it into the HOF, I don't think there would be any argument. However, this will eliminate all the players who are still active.

Is there a universally-accepted (or even a majority-accepted) set of criteria to determine if an active player is an elite QB?

Frog, some people just like to hear themselves talk but have nothing to say.

Apparently so. They criticize my criterion, yet readily admit that different people will use different criteria to define the term elite. I guess it must be that it is OK for other people to have different criteria, but not me.

Go figure.

I think Plunkett was awesome in his era.

So was John Elway.

So will Andrew Luck.

All #1 picked QBs from Stanford.

Plunkett had more int's than td's and like 25000 yards in 16 seasons.. I know it was a different era, but that isnt awesome in any era

I think Plunkett was awesome in his era.

So was John Elway.

So will Andrew Luck.

All #1 picked QBs from Stanford.

One of these days you're gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right there to slam it in your face buddy. One of these days.....any day now, I can feel it.