Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Believe In Luck!

bap1331

One of these days you're gonna be wrong and I'm gonna be right there to slam it in your face buddy. One of these days.....any day now, I can feel it.

LOL. Yes, I can be wrong.

If PM gets signed and he becomes the starting QB for that team, and leads his team to win the SB in however many years he has left to play, I will be wrong.

And you are free to rub it in as much as you wish.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me a elite qb has nothing to do with super bowl wins. You usually need a pretty good team around you along with good coaching and a little bit of luck. Bert Jones was elite and never won a playoff game.Peyton I would say was elite before he won his 1st playoff game which I beleive was in year 5 of his career. Phillip Rivers has never even been to a super bowl and he is arguably a top 5 qb. If Elway retired just 2 years earlier would he still not be considered elite. What about Marino?

If Brady was drafted by the browns do you think he would have even sniffed a super bowl? The same for Montana, what if the Lions or Saints drafted him?

-Son of an NFL quarterback

-Recruited by a Harbaugh in college

-trained by Peyton Manning

-Family friendly with the Manning family

-Broke many records in college

-Best Prospect since Peyton

The difference that all other busts had were their work ethic and Andrew Luck is very committed and KNOWS he has big shoes to fill.

It took me days to get over this whole Peyton release but now i have confidence in him! :)

I would have rather trusted:

#6 pick in this years draft

2nd round pick

2013 first round pick

2014 first round pick

Luck isn't worth that

When he comes in and actually shows people what he can do they'll come back around.

With what I have heard of his personality and his love of the game I can bet what he won’t do. Tell the owners that the first thing he will do after he is signed is go to Vegas and party.

I am willing to give him a good chance to prove himself

With what I have heard of his personality and his love of the game I can bet what he won’t do. Tell the owners that the first thing he will do after he is signed is go to Vegas and party.

I am willing to give him a good chance to prove himself

I think one of the first things he will want to do is get his hands on the new playbook, and meet with the HC, OC, and QBC.

To have the chance to play at the NFL level is what he has been groomed to do all his life.

Its time for us to show him a little enthusiasm, im excited to see him showcase his talents in a Colt Uniform. Its a new era be proud that we will get to see this star emerge on our team!

Once people get over losing Peyton and come to grips with the reality that we have all dreaded for the last few years, the impending end of the Peyton era, we will all come to understand the fortune of having a guy like Luck to step up. Pretty neat when you put some thought to it. I always pictured the end of Peyton's career transitioning into years of the QB carousel.

There are 31 other NFL teams who look on the Colts as unusually lucky in this sense. We have not had to experience the desolate and barren years of a franchise QB search, like that of the Dolphins and the Broncos, post Elway and Marino, respectively.

We have had quite a few barren years in the past- from Bert Jones to Manning was rather torturous (except for 1 Harbaugh year). And we even had a #1 overall in George

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indianapolis_Colts_starting_quarterbacks

Want very badly for him to be a winning QB, but history is not on our side. If we can keep him from getting killed by our carousel of an o-line, at least we will have a chance of watching him develop. One poster in another thread mentioned David Carr with the Texans.... that is not a pleasant thought. O-Line, IMO, is more important that WR for at least his first year or so. If he is not running for his life on every play, maybe he can learn and grow into the QB we want him to be.

We have had quite a few barren years in the past- from Bert Jones to Manning was rather torturous (except for 1 Harbaugh year). And we even had a #1 overall in George

http://en.wikipedia....ng_quarterbacks

Want very badly for him to be a winning QB, but history is not on our side. If we can keep him from getting killed by our carousel of an o-line, at least we will have a chance of watching him develop. One poster in another thread mentioned David Carr with the Texans.... that is not a pleasant thought. O-Line, IMO, is more important that WR for at least his first year or so. If he is not running for his life on every play, maybe he can learn and grow into the QB we want him to be.

Yes, you have to dig pretty far back to pre-Harbaugh days to get to the would-have-been-Elway barren years.

Yes, I agree that we need to pay attention to improve the quality of our OL, both in terms of protecting the passer on pass plays, and to effectively run block.

I think the offensive priorities in a rebuild are:

1) franchise QB of the future

2) OL

3) backs and receivers who all know how to receive, and to run block as well.

Also, the Colts national, and for that fact, international fan base is now gone. They will only follow Peyton and not the Colts.

Not true. There are plenty of us that have cheered for the Colts even though they were having disappointing years and we will continue to support them into the future. And to tell the truth, the recent success of the Colts has been all the sweeter for me because I remember the bad years.

Apparently so. They criticize my criterion, yet readily admit that different people will use different criteria to define the term elite. I guess it must be that it is OK for other people to have different criteria, but not me.

Go figure.

Don't see any criticism of your definition. Just debate.

I honestly could care less about Luck. I could care less about the Colts either. They will not be fun to watch. Well maybe if you want to watch them lose. Regardless, I have generally lived in the Indy area most of my life. I became a Colts fan b/c of #18 and #88. I enjoyed watching them work together which was magic. Now they have nothing but a "prospect". I also have never respected either Irsay and I hope that Luck does not want to come here or that he falls incredibly short of expectations. I just want Jim Irsay to live with the worst "business" decision of his life. Peyton wanted to remain a Colt and retire a Colt and Irsay f'ed him on that. I hope Peyton goes to another team and thrives. Then I hope that he retires as that team member and I hope he disses the Colts and Irsay and enters the HOF as a member of another team. That would be befitting and I would have a smile from ear to ear. Now all you lifetime colts fans can criticize my comment all you want but I believe I have my own right to speak. I guess I wish them well for all you out there but they lost myself and a number of others. Also, the Colts national, and for that fact, international fan base is now gone. They will only follow Peyton and not the Colts. To them, he was the Colts. And in all honesty, he was, no denying that. I know, I know, he is only one player but you are then only kidding yourselves if you think there is any other player from his team that brought this team to national prominence. TV and fan base revenue for the Colts I believe will probably fall 50% from Manning era. Good luck Colts, hope you enjoy sweeping up the AFC South basement for the rest of your existence, ala 80's and 90's. Oh the excitement as some of you have put it watching a team rebuild. Yeah, well they said that about the Colts up until they drafted #18. And it never happened did it. Thank goodness for smart phones now, I can see a lot of angry birds being played during Colts home games.

Yes, according to your post Andrew Luck will be a bust, they won't use their other draft picks nor sign any free agents in 2012. Next year also they will just bypass the draft as well and sign a punter to a monumental 100 million dollar contract with the EPIC amount of cap space they will have for 2013. You can go jump on another bandwagon and I anoint your post DOTY award or Derp of the Year Award.

hurrdurrc.jpg