Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2019 WR's

Dark Superman

There is an offensive penalty on nearly every single return, wether it’s a punt return or a kick-off return. The smart play is to avoid the penalty. This is a league wide thing.

Im sure that Chester has been coached to make the fair catch whenever possible and only return it if he’s clear for a return. Pascal hardly ever runs back a kick-off. It’s smart coaching, not a return man problem.

• Thanks 1

I will say though I get irked when he fair catches at like the 5-10 yard line. I feel like he should let it bounce to see if it's a touchback. Not sure if they're telling him not to let it bounce, but I feel like there's been times where it would've bounced into the endzone.

I feel like there's no difference between the 1 or the 5 yard line. That's just me.

With this oline and the time they give Andrew, this group of receivers/te could get us to the sb.  Look at Andrew's great numbers.  He's throwing it to someone.  Ty, Inman, Rogers are fine as 1,2,3.  Fountain, pascal, Cain with potential, add to them Doyle and Ebron, Hines split out.  I'm not saying don't take a wr, but the need is low imo. 

7 hours ago, Jdubu said:

No grief from me as most all of this post seems solid. I agree that Ebron is used as the big body receiver, TY is the top of the defense burner, Inman is a solid chain mover and seems open a lot , and if we could find our Edelman/Stokley/Gonzales type of receiver, that would extremely open up the offense and allow Mack to do even more from the RB position. I’m not sure what Pascal is and we still have Cain and Fountain who are also unknown receivers at this point, although Cain was showing severe potential until his injury. I think we have enough at receiver but TY is going to be looking for a new contract in another year so do we look to re-sign him or does he get replaced by a draft choice? Let’s say Cain comes in and flat out balls, do we start to search for a #2 guy while moving Cain as #1? 

Sorry got got a bit off track. 

Andy Isabella, UMass

Cutting ties with Ryan Grant is a certainty. According to our cap space (I checked today 123.8 mil.) cutting him is another 5 mil. That's almost 129 mil. that's crazy.  Yes, N'keal Harry would also be my choice. it's possible we could get him with the first pick of the second rd. maybe  He reminds me of Randy Moss a freak athlete. 

8 hours ago, Jdubu said:

No grief from me as most all of this post seems solid. I agree that Ebron is used as the big body receiver, TY is the top of the defense burner, Inman is a solid chain mover and seems open a lot , and if we could find our Edelman/Stokley/Gonzales type of receiver, that would extremely open up the offense and allow Mack to do even more from the RB position. I’m not sure what Pascal is and we still have Cain and Fountain who are also unknown receivers at this point, although Cain was showing severe potential until his injury. I think we have enough at receiver but TY is going to be looking for a new contract in another year so do we look to re-sign him or does he get replaced by a draft choice? Let’s say Cain comes in and flat out balls, do we start to search for a #2 guy while moving Cain as #1? 

Sorry got got a bit off track. 

And we should give TY that contract when its due. He is a Colt. As for our depth, Cain and Fountain are ? We dont know what we have there, Grant is gone and an upgrade over Rogers can also be drafted. An upgrade in FA gonna cost ya a bit. I also like Pascal to take over Rogers role. Just my opinion.

21 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I'm moving on from Chester Rogers and Ryan Grant and re-signing Dontrelle Inman. Zach Pascal has a ton of upside while we can continue to groom him, Cain, and possibly Fountain. Either way, I'm still bringing in 1-2 guys either through the Draft or FA.

What about calvin Ridley's  brother. He could be a good wr

Just now, Rally5 said:

We're not building outside in.

What the heck are you talking about lol pointless rhetoric.  You take the best player available and the Dline and edge talent will be ravaged with the first 25 picks. Perfect for us to take the best position possible.  Also QBs still need receivers. 

Taking a receiver doesn't mean you ignore everything else FYI. 

Just now, Surge89 said:

What the heck are you talking about lol pointless rhetoric.  You take the best player available and the Dline and edge talent will be ravaged with the first 25 picks. Perfect for us to take the best position possible.  Also QBs still need receivers. 

Taking a receiver doesn't mean you ignore everything else FYI. 

I'm going off what Ballard told us, so there's that.... Plus Best Player Available is a made up nonsense unless you love Grigson's draft style.  If the BPA is a QB are we taking him?  If Harry is the best WR in the draft he won't be there anyway.  Plus, who cares about the draft right now? Final note, you may want to check your use of the use of rhetoric.  

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

I'm going off what Ballard told us, so there's that.... Plus Best Player Available is a made up nonsense unless you love Grigson's draft style.  If the BPA is a QB are we taking him?  If Harry is the best WR in the draft he won't be there anyway.  Plus, who cares about the draft right now? Final note, you may want to check your use of the use of rhetoric.  

Ballard stated he wants the best players lol...  Grigsons style?  The guy who took needs based players nonstop is your argument for best player available lol...

I was making light of the conversation about us taking a receiver after winning the Superbowl.  You seem to be intent on dismissing my post for some odd reason while making yourself look foolish.

Um exactly how did I misuse that word lol?  Here I'll give you the definition.

"language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

Your statement was a pointless attempt at persuasion that had no substance. I like to be efficient with my words instead of typing out a full sentence than a single word but it's whatever.

5 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Why do lots of people on here like Fountain? I’m actually curious.

The kid has the size speed and athletic traits you look for. He showed well in the East-West game winning the MVP.  He was raw coming from a small school so the red shirt year isn't a huge surprise. That's why I liked him oh the fact that Ballard and Reich have remained high on him doesn't hurt. Those two seem to have pretty good eyes  for talent  That's why I wouldn't forget Johnson will be back and have a full camp 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Ballard stated he wants the best players lol...  Grigsons style?  The guy who took needs based players nonstop is your argument for best player available lol...

I was making light of the conversation about us taking a receiver after winning the Superbowl.  You seem to be intent on dismissing my post for some odd reason while making yourself look foolish.

Um exactly how did I misuse that word lol?  Here I'll give you the definition.

"language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

Your statement was a pointless attempt at persuasion that had no substance. I like to be efficient with my words instead of typing out a full sentence than a single word but it's whatever.

I super regret this...lol.

As of right now, her is what our 2019 WR corps looks like (in no particular order):

1. T.Y. Hilton

2. Dontrelle Inman

3. Chester Rogers

4. Zach Pascal

5. Daurice Fountain

6. Deon Cain

7. Marcus Johnson

8. Steve Ishmael

9. James Wright

10. Krishawn Hogan

11. Ryan Grant (May not be brought back)

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

Again, why do people on here keep talking up daurice fountain?? One of the worst drops of the season. He just wasn’t made for the NFL

Pascal is who we hoped D. Fountain could be. Pascal gets no love while Fountain (being a draft pick) gets the benefit of the doubt.