Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A First (20Th Overall) For Freeney?

CjMcGirt23

I would hate to trade him in the division. But if we could get the 20th overall pick, Id do that. That may be the highest pick we could get for him. We could get a Michael Floyd possibly or Dontari Poe with that pick.

This says it all. I would hate to have to play him twice a season, but if we could get a first round pick for a 32 year old, I'd be all over it

Trading Freeney within the division guarantees, barring injuries, that he is going to have a shot at our rookie QB against an essentially rookie O-line. Are we confident that Costanzo, or anyone else on our team, can handle Freeney?

On another note, I have no confidence that Mathis can carry the pass rushing duties. Mathis has benefited immensely from Freeney pulling the double-team. Without Freeney, and I don't have stats for this, Mathis has seemed pretty mediocre. Unless we get lucky and land a monster DE, I think keeping Mathis without Freeney might be a waste of Mathis' talent and the Colt's money.

Trading Freeney within the division guarantees, barring injuries, that he is going to have a shot at our rookie QB against an essentially rookie O-line. Are we confident that Costanzo, or anyone else on our team, can handle Freeney?

On another note, I have no confidence that Mathis can carry the pass rushing duties. Mathis has benefited immensely from Freeney pulling the double-team. Without Freeney, and I don't have stats for this, Mathis has seemed pretty mediocre. Unless we get lucky and land a monster DE, I think keeping Mathis without Freeney might be a waste of Mathis' talent and the Colt's money.

If we can get the 20th overall pick for a 32 year old Freeney, I could care less if we have to see him twice a year. Honestly, I think Ijalana has loads of potential and he could end up being our LT while Costanzo may be moved to RT unless he gets even better at pass blocking against speed rushers. Ijalana has great athletism and could possibly handle a declining Freeney.

Cincy and NE both have two first round picks. Denver has plenty of cap space and needs some help from the defense. I certainly could see other teams willing to pay for him. Early 2nd round pick would be fine but a late first would be excellent.

I just think its more telling that we will be running more of a 3-4 hybrid and I think Hughes, Wheeler will be used more as OLBers along with Mathis.

I've said this for awhile. We wont be relying too heavily on one or two pass rushers like we did mostly with Freeney. Instead we will confuse offenses and we can send any one of these guys after their QB(Mathis, Hughes, Wheeler, rookie)

I've said this for awhile. We wont be relying too heavily on one or two pass rushers like we didnt mostly with Freeney. Instead we will confuse offenses and we can send any one of these guys after their QB(Mathis, Hughes, Wheeler, rookie)

we dont have the players to confuse anybody now

We've got to get more draft picks or we are going to be road kill this fall

Why do you say this? Mel, Brack, Addai missed just about all the year... and Clark was a total NO SHOW.

It's about time this team started getting rid off all this dead weight.

If we can get that for him, we have to let him go... By the time this team is ready to compete Freeney will be retired or at least in his last year or so. The route we have chosen to take for rebuilding may not have been my choice, but if we're gonna do it this way, we may as well do it right.

The only way I could see the Titans give up the 20th pick is if they have a face to face meeting at some back alley bar and Grigson slipped a roofie into the Titans GM's drink. It would be absolutely stupid to give that up for Freeney, but if it was even remotely possible I'd take it in a second flat. I think they will be lucky to get a late 3rd rd. or early 4th rd. pick for him.

I'd be surprised if a team would give the Colts a 2nd round pick for Freeney. He's old, he's not as good anymore, he's expensive at 19M and his impact is not as big anymore.

I agree. Someone like BB will get Freeney for a third round pick and a Cal Ripken Jr. Fleer card.