Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fowler just traded to Rams

Lawrence Owen

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I am digging all of this activity at the TDL. Hopefully, it's a trend and not an anomaly.

That being said, this Rams DL (or rather team) is incredible.

Yes they are....but you can tell they're going all in this year or next year. Hope it works out.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

Yes they are....but you can tell they're going all in this year or next year. Hope it works out.

As they should. They have a HOF player in his prime and a good QB on a rookie deal...need to maximize that window. 

Colts were right to do the same thing...they just didn't have the same level of talent base and Grigs was bad talent evaluation (both in FA and the draft). In fact, I think the Colts sort of started this. PHI and the LAR just have much better FOs.

I mean..the Rams got a 3rd pick of a draft, for a 3rd rounder and a 5th.  Jags has SO much talent on the defensive side.  makes you wonder what the Jags are looking for?  Certainly not a QB with a 3rd....Maybe it's extra trade material to move up in the first round next draft.

I'd have done 2nd & 5th for Fowler. But you know Jags would not give Colts Fowler for a 1st...lol

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I mean..the Rams got a 3rd pick of a draft, for a 3rd rounder and a 5th.  Jags has SO much talent on the defensive side.  makes you wonder what the Jags are looking for? 

dont think its about that, hes a free agent at the end of the season so they got what they could before he leaves for nothing

hes been in trouble and hasnt produced much, they dont want to pay him 

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm not sure Ballard believes we need a S.  He may think we already have plenty of depth.

He seems to be durable and hasn't missed games. For that reason alone he should be attractive for the Colts. Being young, durable, and a former number one pick, and a good one at that, giving a middle draft pick seems like a steal to me.

So if the Rams don't sign Fowler and he gets a big contract in the off season the Rams will end up getting a 3rd round pick for compensation. Just like Bell, the Steelers will get a 2ND round pick when he leaves, that's why they weren't going to give him up for a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

16 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

So if the Rams don't sign Fowler and he gets a big contract in the off season the Rams will end up getting a 3rd round pick for compensation. Just like Bell, the Steelers will get a 2ND round pick when he leaves, that's why they weren't going to give him up for a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

I don't believe any team has ever been awarded a 2nd round compensatory pick. I believe comp picks start in the 3rd round. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2018 at 10:55 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

bro.. my thoughts exactly... heck we dont play the Rams.. I hope they go 16-0 this season. 

I can't believe the rams picked up fowler just wow. They'll be scary when talib comes back

I doubt it. Marcus Peters on the other side is still too undisciplined against good offenses.

• Like 1