Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why are our TE's doing more.

Lawrence Owen

Who should get credit for our TE's having such a great year?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should get the credit for the fact that right now, Ebron has more TD's than Kelce, Ertz, Or Gronkowski. Or the fact that England was No. 1 VRS TE's going into last week too. Now, they're 26th after what Ebron and Erik Swoope did.

• TE group
    • Andrew Luck
    • Coaching/scheme
    • A little of everything
    • Dumb luck (isn't going to last)

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

I've started him the whole year. His only flaw is the drops. If he fixes that he would be the best te in football by a large margin

His threat as a pass catcher would be up there with the best in that category if he sorted the drops but his blocking still leaves a lot to be desired whereas Gronk is arguably as good a blocker as he is a receiver.

• Like 1

Yes, Ebron has some drops, but he also has LOTS of catches, and 5 for TDs.  EVERY tight end and receiver who has ever played in the NFL has dropped some passes.  I haven't seen Ebron drop any more than most other players around the NFL.

I'm sure the Lions wish he was back in Detroit.

All players make mistakes, whether it's fumbles, drops, interceptions, missed tackles, etc., etc.  Mistakes are part of the game and lots of times it's the result of a good defensive play by the opponent.  In baseball, you can fail 70% of the time you bat, but be considered a great hitter for batting .300.  Obviously, football has a much lower failure rate in order to even be on an NFL roster, but mistakes are going to happen.

Wish the media would get off Ebron's case.  He's been labeled as a butter fingers tight end, but I think he's proving them wrong this year.

7 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

His threat as a pass catcher would be up there with the best in that category if he sorted the drops but his blocking still leaves a lot to be desired whereas Gronk is arguably as good a blocker as he is a receiver.

Kelce, Ertz, Gronk...are on a different level than Ebron.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Yes, Ebron has some drops, but he also has LOTS of catches, and 5 for TDs.  EVERY tight end and receiver who has ever played in the NFL has dropped some passes.  I haven't seen Ebron drop any more than most other players around the NFL.

I'm sure the Lions wish he was back in Detroit.

All players make mistakes, whether it's fumbles, drops, interceptions, missed tackles, etc., etc.  Mistakes are part of the game and lots of times it's the result of a good defensive play by the opponent.  In baseball, you can fail 70% of the time you bat, but be considered a great hitter for batting .300.  Obviously, football has a much lower failure rate in order to even be on an NFL roster, but mistakes are going to happen.

Wish the media would get off Ebron's case.  He's been labeled as a butter fingers tight end, but I think he's proving them wrong this year.

Ebron has had more than his share of "uncovered drops', Meaning no-one around him.  Now, he has also made some pretty impressive catches while covered very well.  I think his biggest issue is concentration.  I think he may have a problem of think past the catch too often.

On the flip side, Swoope has played quite well in the pass game when called upon.  Similar in size speed, athleticism as Ebron.  Wonder why he hasn't been called upon more.

Also, In preseason many of us thought we had a top notch TE group.  Not elite as any individual player is concerned, but as a whole, we mostly thought we had a lot of talent.  So much so that many thought it was our deepest position on the team.  But looking at the comments and survey, Seems a lot has changed as the TE group selection has gotten 0 love so far.

I almost forgot about Fleener/Allen. I really thought they were gonna be the next Gronk/Hernandez (aside from the obvious)

I think Luck/Reich are definitely putting Ebron in position to flourish, and he's making the most of it. Now if he can just work on those damn drops....

On 10/10/2018 at 4:00 AM, DaveA1102 said:

I was referring to receiving wise. Blocking wise he wouldn't. If Ebron lived up to full his full potential receiving wise he would have 20 plus tds

On 10/10/2018 at 4:25 PM, colt18 said:

I almost forgot about Fleener/Allen. I really thought they were gonna be the next Gronk/Hernandez (aside from the obvious)

I think Luck/Reich are definitely putting Ebron in position to flourish, and he's making the most of it. Now if he can just work on those damn drops....

Pun intended...Fleener/Allen were KILLING it until they got injury prone.