Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck addresses questions about his arm.....

NewColtsFan

Didn't see this on the Colts website....    but I found it on ESPN...    from Mike Wells...

I'm cutting and pasting without comment.     I think Luck's words speak for themselves...

Colts QB Andrew Luck knows the questions about his surgically-repaired right shoulder will continue throughout the season, especially with him averaging a career-low 5.3 yards a completion this season. "You know I think on one coin I think I will always be a work in progress and I would like to think that every day I can become a better thrower and whether that means more zip on a certain throw, whether than means putting it an inch to the left or an inch to the right or on his right shoulder or in the appropriate spot," Luck said. "...At the same time I think, I know I am at a level where I can make all the throws and I feel confident that I am going out there with my full arsenal, if that makes sense. I don't think anything is physically holding me back."

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Didn't see this on the Colts website....    but I found it on ESPN...    from Mike Wells...

I'm cutting and pasting without comment.     I think Luck's words speak for themselves...

Colts QB Andrew Luck knows the questions about his surgically-repaired right shoulder will continue throughout the season, especially with him averaging a career-low 5.3 yards a completion this season. "You know I think on one coin I think I will always be a work in progress and I would like to think that every day I can become a better thrower and whether that means more zip on a certain throw, whether than means putting it an inch to the left or an inch to the right or on his right shoulder or in the appropriate spot," Luck said. "...At the same time I think, I know I am at a level where I can make all the throws and I feel confident that I am going out there with my full arsenal, if that makes sense. I don't think anything is physically holding me back."

If it's not physical, and it's not injury related, then it's mental, and it's on him. I don't believe him 100% on that. I still think he does have some physical limitations. However, a lot of it is poor throws, poor reads, the same mistakes he's made for years (that I think he'll never fix), along with a poor offensive line right now without Constanzo and the lack of a running game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If it's not physical, and it's not injury related, then it's mental, and it's on him. I don't believe him 100% on that. I still think he does have some physical limitations. However, a lot of it is poor throws, poor reads, the same mistakes he's made for years (that I think he'll never fix), along with a poor offensive line right now without Constanzo and the lack of a running game.

Prob the line. Then its a matter of would our current wrs even catch the deep ones

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Prob the line. Then its a matter of would our current wrs even catch the deep ones

We had bad luck WR wise before the season started. Cain tore his ACL, Fountain and Ishmael weren't as good as we were hoping. I think we'll draft a 2nd round WR next year. Just a guess though.

42 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So after being out of the game and unable to throw a football for a year and a half, Luck needs to get his timing down with his receivers and learn again that in situation A he needs to throw the ball with x velocity at angle B which means to release at point Y from his ear.

Huh, who would have thunk it?

Makes too much sense though. :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So after being out of the game and unable to throw a football for a year and a half, Luck needs to get his timing down with his receivers and learn again that in situation A he needs to throw the ball with x velocity at angle B which means to release at point Y from his ear.

Kinda like Peyton had to, right?

Wow...what a novel concept.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Kinda like Peyton had to, right?

Probably not quite as extreme.  Manning said that as he was coming back he had no spatial awareness of where his hand was in relation to his body because of the nerve damage and that is why he threw in private for so long.

I don't think Luck lost that spatial awareness, it just like anything else though, the more you do it the better you get.  Playing billards is a great example.  When I played daily I was getting pretty good... I was getting my stroke down, knew how hard to hit the ball in most situations, right where to hit the cue ball to get the english I wanted.  But then I quit playing daily and when I went back to it, I was not at the same level.  And I'm just an amateur who likes pool, it's hard to imagine how much more precise things need to be for a professional.

• Like 1

More than anything, as a fan, it saddens me that instead of support, instead of belief, there is doubting, complaining, and gnawing at the fringes. 

For the love of football, I cannot understand it. We have a great QB. Any of that crap about Jacoby would be better, yada yada, is so off base, it's ridiculous. Give the man some respect. Dude balls out for us with everything he has. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

giphy.gif

All of this in less than 2 seconds even! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

More than anything, as a fan, it saddens me that instead of support, instead of belief, there is doubting, complaining, and gnawing at the fringes. 

For the love of football, I cannot understand it. We have a great QB. Any of that crap about Jacoby would be better, yada yada, is so off base, it's ridiculous. Give the man some respect. Dude balls out for us with everything he has. 

Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining about something.  The truly sad thing is they usually complain about something over which they have no control.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining about something.  The truly sad thing is they usually complain about something over which they have no control.

Actually, that's the type of thing people should be complaining about. The things we have control over, we can change if we don't like them for the most part. This is something we can't change, and it's frustrating for us when we've invested so much time into him, and the outcome has been underwhelming (especially when so many young QB's are panning out just as well or better for other teams that shouldn't be on Luck's level).

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, that's the type of thing people should be complaining about. The things we have control over, we can change if we don't like them for the most part. This is something we can't change, and it's frustrating for us when we've invested so much time into him, and the outcome has been underwhelming (especially when so many young QB's are panning out just as well or better for other teams that shouldn't be on Luck's level).

Wow.  What a completely childish view of things.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If you are getting overly frustrated by the QB play, or any other player position, of the Colts, I would suggest that you find something else to watch.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Wow.  What a completely childish view of things.

That's actually a very adult view of things. We change the things we have control over if we don't like them, and we are frustrated by the things we can't change (such as our sports team) because we are only fans. Not childish at all. In fact, it's human, and it describes 99% of all the fanbases and humans in general except for the people who don't care about their lives at all.

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You think a QB that struggles on the road in a week 3 bad weather game, while still working on regaining his strength & confidence, is something we should be complaining about?

Throws depend on confidence and timing as well. He may not be as confident in his throw bc he’s not as accurate as he once was. Once he builds up that accuracy and confidence again, he will be throwing the ball with more decisiveness and more velocity. 

Thats how I see it. Plus it was raining, and Luck hasn’t thrown very much in dry weather. How would you think he would do in inclement weather?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

If you are getting overly frustrated by the QB play, or any other player position, of the Colts, I would suggest that you find something else to watch.

I'm pretty close to it. Luck has become a failed investment for entertainment, and I've almost reached the point where it's not worth it to worry about how he does anymore. Somehow, I've gone from loving Luck and being so happy we drafted him in 2012, to getting to the point where I don't care if Brissett plays over him now. It's actually quite funny that it makes it worse that we got Luck and it's a slow, painful fall, rather than just not having a QB, and having low expectations. We have a QB who was elite, we have to put faith in him that he'll be elite again, we know he'll probably never be elite again, and we're all going down with the ship. 

Definitely to the point where it's not fun anymore. This is Peyton in his final year cringey, except Peyton was 39, not 29, and it had a happy ending. Not sure this fairy tale will.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm pretty close to it. Luck has become a failed investment for entertainment, and I've almost reached the point where it's not worth it to worry about how he does anymore. Somehow, I've gone from loving Luck and being so happy we drafted him in 2012, to getting to the point where I don't care if Brissett plays over him now. It's actually quite funny that it makes it worse that we got Luck and it's a slow, painful fall, rather than just not having a QB, and having low expectations. We have a QB who was elite, we have to put faith in him that he'll be elite again, we know he'll probably never be elite again, and we're all going down with the ship. 

Definitely to the point where it's not fun anymore. This is Peyton in his final year cringey, except Peyton was 39, not 29, and it had a happy ending. Not sure this fairy tale will.

Complete nonsense.    :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You think a QB that struggles on the road in a week 3 bad weather game, while still working on regaining his strength & confidence, is something we should be complaining about?

Luck struggles almost everywhere. He has struggled since 2014 to get off to decent starts in games probably because of his injury in the 2015 season. There is no indication that he is recovering, has recovered at all, or doesn't have permanent damage. In fact, the longer he plays and struggles, the more likely it is that he has permanent damage and he'll never recover. The weather means nothing to me, he would of struggled if it was 80* sunny weather. 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I am quite happy with Luck as QB, and I am entertained when watching football, even when it's not the Colts.  Unless it is a particularly poorly played game by both teams.  Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I am quite happy with Luck as QB, and I am entertained when watching football, even when it's not the Colts.  Unless it is a particularly poorly played game by both teams.  Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often. 

I live in Colorado, and sadly, I'm more entertained watching the Broncos with my parents at times than I am watching the Colts with friends. I'm actually embarrassed to talk football with my friends anymore because I'm ashamed of how Andrew Luck has turned out. Daily and yearly fantasy football has been an escape from this nightmare for me. I have control, and it seems like I'm involved in decisions. I guess if Luck wasn't hyped up so much, maybe I wouldn't feel so let down. I feel like he is a wasted investment though, and a waste of time to care about anymore. Sorry. Maybe I'm reaching my breaking point with him. This is year 7, and there's been zero progress from year 1.

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No. None of that.  Its his arm strength.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck struggles almost everywhere. He has struggled since 2014 to get off to decent starts in games probably because of his injury in the 2015 season. There is no indication that he is recovering, has recovered at all, or doesn't have permanent damage. In fact, the longer he plays and struggles, the more likely it is that he has permanent damage and he'll never recover. The weather means nothing to me, he would of struggled if it was 80* sunny weather. 

He couldn't lift up his arm to throw a football just a little over a year ago, & now he's throwing the ball around 40 times a game, but in your mind there's "no indication that he's recovered at all?" Are you serious?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He couldn't lift up his arm to throw a football just a little over a year ago, & now he's throwing the ball around 40 times a game, but in your mind there's "no indication that he's recovered at all?" Are you serious?

In his three games this year, he has played worse each game. If he is recovered, then he literally has no stamina if he hit a wall already. I don't care how much he is throwing, he is playing like garbage right now. This isn't even 2016 Luck, let alone 2014 Luck. Something is wrong, and it's not just his mental game. It's sad to watch.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

In his three games this year, he has played worse each game. If he is recovered, then he literally has no stamina if he hit a wall already. I don't care how much he is throwing, he is playing like garbage right now. This isn't even 2016 Luck, let alone 2014 Luck. Something is wrong, and it's not just his mental game. It's sad to watch.

So your expectations were that he'd hit the ground running after a year & a half away, a completely new coaching staff, & new offensive scheme?

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I live in Colorado, and sadly, I'm more entertained watching the Broncos with my parents at times than I am watching the Colts with friends. I'm actually embarrassed to talk football with my friends anymore because I'm ashamed of how Andrew Luck has turned out. Daily and yearly fantasy football has been an escape from this nightmare for me. I have control, and it seems like I'm involved in decisions. I guess if Luck wasn't hyped up so much, maybe I wouldn't feel so let down. I feel like he is a wasted investment though, and a waste of time to care about anymore. Sorry. Maybe I'm reaching my breaking point with him. This is year 7, and there's been zero progress from year 1.

To be honest, the fact that you are embarrassed and ashamed by how the Colts or Luck perform on a football field is sad.  I have never been embarrassed or ashamed by how a team or a player that I watch has performed.  Unless it was when I was playing.  I was embarrassed by my own performance a couple of times, but never a player or team that I was not part of.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

So your expectations were that he'd hit the ground running after a year & a half away, a completely new coaching staff, & new offensive scheme?

My expectations were the defense wouldn't have to carry him. He's enough of a big boy where the new coaching staff and new offensive scheme shouldn't affect him too much. If he's as good as advertised, then that's not an excuse for him. He's no rookie, he's supposed to be the no1 QB prospect since Elway. You can't keep coddling him. He needs to get his head back in the game and quit making the same mistakes he made in 2012. No matter how hurt he still is or not, he still hasn't improved nearly enough. 

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah the Broncos QB situation is outstanding.