Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Will You Root For?

jvan1973

127 members have voted

1. 1. If Peytons new team is on the Colts schedule next year, who will you root for?

• The Horseshoe
    • The GOAT

I didn't realize there were rules fans are supposed to follow...

I didn't realize there were rules fans are supposed to follow...

There sure is.

1) Support your team at all times

2) see rule 1

I get that people are upset but... People are rotting for the Colts to lose to Manning? Both should be an option as i would choose that, but wanting the Colts to lose to any team under any circumstance (besides that very werid Jag game.. i didn't know how to feel..)...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I only started watching football 14 years ago due to my husband being a colts fan since the 80's and found that I really liked the Colts and Peyton. Through the years watching this game I have always thought this was a class act organization. This past year it unraveled and fast. I fell in love with the city of Indy when we came up for a game in 2008. I have watched almost every game through the years and became accustomed to holding my breath to witness a thing of pure beauty when Manning would pull out win after win. There really is no way for me to disassociate between the two unfortunately.

Sorry. I only started watching football 14 years ago due to my husband being a colts fan since the 80's and found that I really liked the Colts and Peyton. Through the years watching this game I have always thought this was a class act organization. This past year it unraveled and fast. I fell in love with the city of Indy when we came up for a game in 2008. I have watched almost every game through the years and became accustomed to holding my breath to witness a thing of pure beauty when Manning would pull out win after win. There really is no way for me to disassociate between the two unfortunately.

No one is dissapointed. Your an adult and its your choice and this is what happens to great teams that rebuild bandwagoners (sorry :/) leave and that is the way football works.Maybe you'll like the colts again someday, do what you will...

Hahaha the fan police are in full swing tonight people...watch out

Mr. Peyton in the words of skip unleash....

I'll be at that game with a manning colt jersey on rooting for him to hang 50 on us...fact is I will every time he plays us...

But hey I'm just a "bandwagon fan"....yea whatever....

Let me here ya fan police

Here's my take on it (surely to be controversial). I voted for GOAT. The Colts, barring something tragic happening, have many decades ahead of them. Hopefully fruitful, championship filled decades. GOAT has, optimistically, 5 years, but probably only 2 or 3. The Colts, like most rebuilding teams, will probably not be great these next few years. I'm personally more than willing to give up these next few development years in order to see Peyton get another championship or two.

That's rational me. Irrational, angry me wants Peyton to stick it to us just to rub it in a little. However, I'd like it to be a good game. I don't want Luck to get his confidence shattered. It's going to be rough for him.

You all can stop using that word (bandwagon) anytime now. You are using it as an insult and that is against the rules.

I think you could use a virtual hug, PG. Not because of anything that you have said......I just get the feeling that you are taking this hard in silence. Maybe I'm wrong. Just a gut feeling.

You all can stop using that word (bandwagon) anytime now. You are using it as an insult and that is against the rules.

Sorry PG its just that i can't see anyone actually rooting aganist the team that they say they support, I honestly doubt that Manning would even want them to do that either. I'll back off from saying the word.

Lol some of us have already lived through the years of famine before Peyton even got here. We know how to get through rough stretches.

I started in 1993,

Meeting Marshall when he was a RC is a great past memory.

I'm not sure I can go back to the losing for decade, I want to keep going forward with winning teams. I'm not going anywhere for now, but I need our Owner to stay out of roster decisions

Sorry PG its just that i can't see anyone actually rooting aganist the team that they say they support, I honestly doubt that Manning would even want them to do that either. I'll back off from saying the word.

I don't see anything wrong for not following Jim Irsay into a firepit, If he continues to make bad decisions a lot of fans will leave and I don't blame them.

Great example: as soon as the Chicago Blackhawks old owner died a few years ago, the team became relavent again and even won a Championship, the only thing holding them back was their owner. Him dying and them winning was not a coincidence at all. Anyways, all the fans came back, its not fair to call them fairweather or bandwagon. Nobody could support an owner like that.

I don't see anything wrong for not following Jim Irsay into a firepit, If he continues to make bad decisions a lot of fans will leave and I don't blame them.

Great example: as soon as the Chicago Blackhawks old owner died a few years ago, the team became relavent again and even won a Championship, the only thing holding them back was their owner. Him dying and them winning was not a coincidence at all. Anyways, all the fans came back, its not fair to call them fairweather or bandwagon. Nobody could support an owner like that.

Alright fair deal and i could see this happening to the Raiders as well. Thing is Manning and Irsay made a mutal agreement on this and their is a logical reason. You cut Manning and give Luck the same chance and oppurtunity Manning had his rookie season to become great and give the respect Manning deserves by going to a team with a chance for the Lombardi and to not have to always worry about Luck behind his shoulder. It sucks but it is a decision that had sense to it in a rebuilding mode. I just hate it when people leave for other teams, unless the decisons accumulate or the enviorment is JUST that bad (Raiders)

Alright fair deal and i could see this happening to the Raiders as well. Thing is Manning and Irsay made a mutal agreement on this and their is a logical reason. You cut Manning and give Luck the same chance and oppurtunity Manning had his rookie season to become great and give the respect Manning deserves by going to a team with a chance for the Lombardi and to not have to always worry about Luck behind his shoulder. It sucks but it is a decision that had sense to it in a rebuilding mode. I just hate it when people leave for other teams, unless the decisons accumulate or the enviorment is JUST that bad (Raiders)

If Jim Irsay makes any more "football" decisions, we will be the raiders

There sure is.

2) see rule 1

I get that people are upset but... People are rotting for the Colts to lose to Manning? Both should be an option as i would choose that, but wanting the Colts to lose to any team under any circumstance (besides that very werid Jag game.. i didn't know how to feel..)...

Those are your rules. Just because everyone doesn't fit into your rules doesn't make them a bad sports fan or Colts fan.

I hope Manning smashes more passing records and establishes himself as the GOAT.

Yet more importantly, I hope he throws five INTs against us every time we meet and his passing records are smashed by the up and coming Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin and then again by every Colts QB who follows. All the best to Peyton but it's Colts for me.

There sure is.

2) see rule 1

There are many scenarios where someone that's a Colts fan and a Manning fan could root for Manning to beat the Colts. i.e. in a similar situation next year if the Colts are 0-13 and we're playing agains Manning. Manning's new team is doing well. Wouldn't you similarly to the Jag game pull for Peyton playing against the Colts? The rooting could be for 2 reasons...the Colts would get another great pick and the GOAT would add to his wins.

Looks like Colts tickets should be more available this year. I has said it many times before, I will stick with the Colts. I may cheer Manning, I may not, it really depends where he goes. If it's the Jets, no, any AFC south team, nope, any NFC team besides the Cowboys, there is a good chance. I am a Colts fan first, and Manning was great but all great things come to an end. If you are really this upset that Manning has left and want to continue rooting for him than you certainly have the right to do so. But don't expect me to do the same, especially if he plays for a rival, I will boo him just as loudly as if it was anyone else. Although I can understand a standing ovation when he first gets on the field.

I hope that this won't be the case, because other then this debatable circumstance, Irsay hasn't shown Al Davis symptoms. You may see it my way but i'd say you should stay a colts fan man. i know Manning left and it sucks but you gotta look at the more positive side

Why can't someone root for peyton, yet still be a colts fan. Its not like these people are rooting for some random. Just rooting for the man who gave them so many great memories with our favorite team, the colts. For me, its weird to say but, whatever team Peyton plays for on sundays from now on i'll still see a horseshoe on his helmet. He'll always be a colt to me.

Thank you. There is far too much division already and emotions are high. But calling out fans is just not the way to go.

I remember when the starters were rested, the fans went beserk and the people who supported the team and Irsay and Polian were called names as well. It is funny how things change.

There are many scenarios where someone that's a Colts fan and a Manning fan could root for Manning to beat the Colts. i.e. in a similar situation next year if the Colts are 0-13 and we're playing agains Manning. Manning's new team is doing well. Wouldn't you similarly to the Jag game pull for Peyton playing against the Colts? The rooting could be for 2 reasons...the Colts would get another great pick and the GOAT would add to his wins.

This may be the case for you, but if that odd scenario would happen again, the only reason i would want the other team to win would be for the one reason of the pick. Unless It benfits the Colts, I'd like Us to Sack Manning 15 times and get 4 picks out of him, i respect the man but i love my team much more

and your earlier comment had 0 sense at all. The "rule" i gave you is basically the definition of a fan. You support your team no matter what... That is what a fan does. Simple as that. If not, then ..idk?

Looks to me like the forum is close to split. And all of those fans who voted that they would cheer for Manning are not 'untrue' fans of this team, in my opinion. This poll is about who the fans like more; Manning, or the Colts. It's not a we'll-soon-find-out-who-is-a-bandwagoner poll.

Illustration: If this poll said, "Will You Ever Cheer For the Colts Again" there would be an overwhelming "YES!" response. It's just that when the Colts play Peyton, Peyton comes out ahead to those fans who voted for him.

That does not make them 'bandwagoners' (sorry, PeytonGirl), because a 'bandwagoner' is someone who cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice. And when that team starts losing, they gleefully jump on the next team's bandwagon and cheer for that team.

These fans who voted for Peyton are not that way. And they are not 'bandwagoners'.

what will be interesting if you people will still be rooting for the colts after 14 seasons of losing. Just like in the bible 7 years of plenty, 7 years of famine.

14 years of winning: 14 years of losing again...

i'm not saying we will actually be losing for 14 years, but I bet some of you won't be die hard colt/irsay fans if we don't start winning in 4-5 years.

Ill put you down for Manning then.

Colts for me. But when theyre not playing im rooting for both!

Peyton. I will always root for anybody who is Archie Manning's son (or grandson, should I live so long.) When Peyton and Eli played against each other, I wanted both to personally do well, but I wanted Peyton to win. I still think Peyton is the better of the two, but am proud of Eli's second ring.

My daughter got furious at me during the Saints/Colts Super Bowl because I pulled for Peyton and the Colts instead of the Saints when I live in Louisiana and lived most of my life in New Orleans.

I have always been the type who had loyalty to players I really like. I am sure it will not change when Peyton goes elsewhere.

I know this may incur your wrath, but I am being honest.

This may be the case for you, but if that odd scenario would happen again, the only reason i would want the other team to win would be for the one reason of the pick. Unless It benfits the Colts, I'd like Us to Sack Manning 15 times and get 4 picks out of him, i respect the man but i love my team much more

and your earlier comment had 0 sense at all. The "rule" i gave you is basically the definition of a fan. You support your team no matter what... That is what a fan does. Simple as that. If not, then ..idk?

You're entitled to your opinion as am I and anyone else. Again, there are several scenarios that rooting for Manning instead of the Colts would not make you less of a Colts fan. Not everyone is going to fit into what you believe to be the mold a fan. i.e. your "rule".

You're entitled to your opinion as am I and anyone else. Again, there are several scenarios that rooting for Manning instead of the Colts would not make you less of a Colts fan. Not everyone is going to fit into what you believe to be the mold a fan. i.e. your "rule".

Alright you have your opinion and i have mine.

I just could never see a fan turn away from the colts in any scenario not benifical to them (The Colts). I may be more possesive then my team (there i go) then others are, and for me the horseshoe triumphs all, even the GOAT

Alright you have your opinion and i have mine.

I just could never see a fan turn away from the colts in any scenario not benifical to them (The Colts). I may be more possesive then my team (there i go) then others are, and for me the horseshoe triumphs all, even the GOAT

I'm cool with that...:)

I am sure this day will come and it maybe this year ! I will pull for us to win but i will never pull for Peyton to do bad NEVER! This really stinks I just lost my football hero and yes i will watch and pull for him as long has he is not playn the colts but it will not be the same ! I havent missed a game of Peytons yet and prolly not for the rest of his carreer! I know alot of people feel they are better fans then others but really only one knows how they feel not the others! This is going to be a long process for some of us ! Hope our rebuilding doesnt take long but if it does it does we can only hope and wish for the best!

what will be interesting if you people will still be rooting for the colts after 14 seasons of losing. Just like in the bible 7 years of plenty, 7 years of famine.

14 years of winning: 14 years of losing again...

i'm not saying we will actually be losing for 14 years, but I bet some of you won't be die hard colt/irsay fans if we don't start winning in 4-5 years.

After 40 years of being a Colt fan, I can say without doubt that you, sir...........are wrong as far as my feelings are concerned.

and btw......please leave religion out of the Colts board,