Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patrick Mahomes is gonna be good

Hi-Tek

13 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I bet he comes back down to earth soon. Pretty easy to look amazing when the other team has no pass rush.

Chargers' pass rushers are not slouches but there is little film on him and his tendencies, NFL will make you pay if you do not adapt.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Chargers' pass rushers are not slouches but there is little film on him and his tendencies, NFL will make you pay if you do not adapt.

I was more talking about within the confines of the game.  They really didn't touch him nor get close.  There were maybe 10% of dropbacks where he actually felt pressure.

26 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I was more talking about within the confines of the game.  They really didn't touch him nor get close.  There were maybe 10% of dropbacks where he actually felt pressure.

Bosa was out. Agreed he didn't feel much pressure. He may or may not end up being great. I mean everyone thought Dak was the next coming of Roger Staubach a couple years ago. Now he can't even make a 10 yd out. We've seen lots of flashes in the pan and yes sometimes we get to see the next great thing take center stage. Kid is very young and raw. His team got him out to an early lead and he faced pretty much zero adversity yesterday. Let's at least let him be tested by some fire before we crown him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

Tyreek is a freak. He looks like the road runner in a video game.

Tyreek is a bad man I had him last year and again this year in all 3 of my fantasty leagues. He put up solid numbers last year but he out ran Smith's arm more than once. That shouldn't be a problem with Mahomes. He may not be as good as Smith yet but he has a stronger arm. Tyreek is going to explode this season as long as he stays healthy. The 169 rec yards 2tds and 91 yard punt return td are a glimpse of what's to come from this guy 

On 9/12/2018 at 4:49 PM, GoPats said:

Give it time. We all thought RGIII was going to be around for a lot longer than he was. 

Not saying the kid can't play, but... give it time, that's all. One game is not a reasonable sample size. 

He likely comes back down to earth a bit, but if you can't play the QB well under Andy Reid, you can't play.  That guy could coax a good season out of Curtis painter.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BOTT said:

He likely comes back down to earth a bit, but if you can't play the QB well under Andy Reid, you can't play.  That guy could coax a good season out of Curtis painter.

Agreed. . . I expect him to come back down to earth but Andy Reid is good at getting the most out of his QB's.  

It seems like they are talking if he will beat Peyton's 55 TDs in a year now. :) 

If I am a team, I just play my LBs deep, playing pass all the time to test the rookie to see if they can run it patiently all game. Much like Romeo Crennel toyed with Peyton when he was DC of the Patriots, just like Belichick planned for Jim Kelly and the Bills in the Giants-Bills SB, conceding the run to get Kelly and his wide outs out of rhythm. Belichick did the same in Peyton's 2013 record breaking season with Knowshon Moreno running for 225 yards while Peyton was out of rhythm by the time they needed to pass with Brady making a comeback.