Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report calling Colts playoff contender .

HOF19

Final sentence of the part of the article where they are discussing the Colts outlook for 2018 season >>>>> "Assuming Luck avoids any serious injuries, the Colts should vie for a playoff spot in a bounce-back campaign" . <<<<< Their words not mine (Tho I feel they might be correct ). Article link >>> https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792980-who-are-the-nfls-legitimate-sleeper-teams-for-2018?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide3...….GO COLTS !!!!!

We have to be a sleeper, right? We have QB who has never had a losing seaon when healthy. The doubt is reasonable that he IS fully healthy, and our division is better than 2 seasons ago, but you would be fool to say "No Way!" Luck has the talent to give us a shot. I would agree that it looks like a very tough road, but being called a sleeper sounds about right. I'm excited!

Now that Pre-Season is over I have a much better feel on how to predict what teams do what. I still say if Luck stays healthy we go 9-7. 9-7 may or may not get us in the Playoffs. Some years it does, some it doesn't. Depends on tiebreakers and how well the Texans do too. I have the Jags winning the Division but only going 10-6. Great D - that will carry them but not an all-time Great D and Bortles is the worst QB in the Division.

Not going to comment on if i think they are playoff contenders yet...but i will say this :

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773118-nfl-draft-2018-results-reviewing-this-years-worst-picks#slide2

"The Indianapolis Colts' selection of South Carolina State linebacker Darius Leonard with the fourth pick in the second round was one of the draft's worst moves. They took four second-rounders, so they had plenty of room for error, but this one stands out as a head-scratcher.

In the 2017 draft, no FCS off-ball linebacker was taken. In 2016, the top FCS off-ball linebacker (Kamu Grugier-Hill) was picked No. 208. In 2015, the top FCS off-ball linebacker (Kyle Emanuel) was taken 153rd. In 2014, the top FCS off-ball linebacker (Jordan Tripp) was taken 171st. For whatever reason, we woke up Friday in a world where Indianapolis thought taking an FCS linebacker in the top 40 was a good idea"

So yeah,...I take BR's opinions with a grain of salt. (even though i also read them...but i read everything...lol)