Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 3-1 Preseason Record (Super Bowl Bound)

TKnight24

I thought our second and 3rd stringers did VERY well tonight.  We had some turnovers,...and stretches where we had issues stopping the run (again)...But there was a LOT of flashes.  It was obviously final try-outs by these guys and they knew it.  They came to play, and IMO was the best game (to watch as just a football game) so far the Colts did this preseason.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will all know if this team is for real after the 1st 2 Regular Season games. We should beat Cincy at home and the game at Washington is 50/50, if we win that one + the Cincy game and get to 2-0 than we will know we aren't pushovers at that point.  

True...but even should they go 1-1 in that stretch it could still be a good sign given that this is a young team with a completely new coaching staff.  I expect this team to continue to improve from week to week and play its best ball later in the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

True...but even should they go 1-1 in that stretch it could still be a good sign given that this is a young team with a completely new coaching staff.  I expect this team to continue to improve from week to week and play its best ball later in the season.

I think we will get better too as the season goes on but starting 2-0 would be huge for the whole teams confidence. It would show alot of people that we are ready for the season. We should beat Cincy at home, I haven't seen the line but I will guess we are favored.

• Like 1

Being a fan since October 31st, 1987 this is by far the deepest our 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers have looked.

Or....

Or....

The NFL has just become that watered down with talent?

I'm hoping that my eyes don't deceive me and though we are young, and those young guys will make boneheaded mistakes from time to time - they at least play hard every down and they play fast!

• Like 1

Some players  I thought stood out in game 4:

Phillip Walker

Christine Michael was running hard and looked great but got injured

Branden Oliver had a bad fumble exchange, but redeemed himself with some nice plays afterwards.

Zach Pascal and Reece Fountain

Haeg seemed to secure his spot as starting RT for week 1

and Vujnovich, Glowinski and Bond all looked solid on backup interior line

Rakeem Nunez-Roches

Both of the Adams' at LB

Robenson Therezie 

Henre Toliver and Lenzy Pipkins

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Being a fan since October 31st, 1987 this is by far the deepest our 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers have looked.

Or....

Or....

I'm hoping that my eyes don't deceive me and though we are young, and those young guys will make boneheaded mistakes from time to time - they at least play hard every down and they play fast!

You are right.  Frankly, the Colts deserved to have a winning preseason this year.  All three of our quarterbacks were more than competent executing our offensive plays.  Reserve defensive players played with a lot of energy and hustle each week.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Or....

Or....

That was a Good season we had in 87, Dickerson put us on the map. I think this team here will be better than most think. I can truly see 9-7. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Some players  I thought stood out in game 4:

Phillip Walker

Christine Michael was running hard and looked great but got injured

Branden Oliver had a bad fumble exchange, but redeemed himself with some nice plays afterwards.

Zach Pascal and Reece Fountain

Haeg seemed to secure his spot as starting RT for week 1

and Vujnovich, Glowinski and Bond all looked solid on backup interior line

Rakeem Nunez-Roches

Both of the Adams' at LB

Robenson Therezie 

Henre Toliver and Lenzy Pipkins

I thought Swoope showed today as well. And Grover Stewart.

• Like 1

Here are the Stats:

RUSHING_Indianapolis, Michael 5-41, Oliver 10-33, P.Walker 4-20, Turbin 5-12, Brissett 1-1. 

PASSING_Indianapolis, Brissett 8-12-0-68, P.Walker 19-31-1-263. 

RECEIVING_Indianapolis, Oliver 5-48, Hamilton 3-62, Travis 3-48, K.Williams 3-35, Pascal 3-33, Fountain 3-32, Swoope 3-23, Jones 2-23, Michael 1-20, Ishmael 1-7

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i know people were bashing the play calling this whole preseason but i never doubted.frank knows what hes doing and were gonna be good this year. i can feel it

The playcalling was vanilla but at least it had aflow to it.

it was still better than the playcalling around here the last few years.  Sometimes it felt like they were throwing darts at the playsheet in the pressbox.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will all know if this team is for real after the 1st 2 Regular Season games. We should beat Cincy at home and the game at Washington is 50/50, if we win that one + the Cincy game and get to 2-0 than we will know we aren't pushovers at that point.  

With ALL new coaches at all areas, Luck coming back, ALOT of new and young guys, new defensive scheme, run njing game injuries and suspensions, etc,etc.... i dont expect us to win either of the first 2.  Cincy is tough.

we will have growing pains early on i'm afraid.

i just wanna see progress thru the season.

i'm not saying we cant or wont win early on,  i just feel it will be tough.

10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

The playcalling was vanilla but at least it had aflow to it.

it was still better than the playcalling around here the last few years.  Sometimes it felt like they were throwing darts at the playsheet in the pressbox.

Throwing darts would have been better than the predictable mess we had going last year haha 

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

With ALL new coaches at all areas, Luck coming back, ALOT of new and young guys, new defensive scheme, run njing game injuries and suspensions, etc,etc.... i dont expect us to win either of the first 2.  Cincy is tough.

That's the beauty of it, if we win on opening day than huge advantage us. I think we will win, not sure about the Washington game though.

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I agree.  I think there is going to be a LOT of mistakes the first few games.  But I also think there is going to be a LOT of big plays as well.  The 1 thing this team does not lack is speed, at every level of every position.  The thing that's going to make or break us is the ratio of big plays vrs rookie mistakes.

3 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I agree.  I think there is going to be a LOT of mistakes the first few games.  But I also think there is going to be a LOT of big plays as well.  The 1 thing this team does not lack is speed, at every level of every position.  The thing that's going to make or break us is the ratio of big plays vrs rookie mistakes.

I'm ok with rookie mistakes and growing pains.

i get frustrated when the coaches arent preparing players properly and playcalling and schemes limit players' effectiveness and potential.

i hope those days are behind us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Winning is always better than losing. There is no such thing as los"It doesn't matter if we win or lose." Sit in the locker room after the preseason ends being 0-4 versus 4-0. 

I agree to a point.  Preseason wins/losses is not indicative of how well the team will do during the regular season, it's not a indication of how good or bad the team is.  But yeah, you can't watch the guys celebrating when they score the go ahead TD and say it means nothing.... it means a lot to those guys out there playing.