Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/7/2018

TKnight24

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I find the throw away comment about  S. Griffin offensive

But I will overlook it

Sorry, I don't think much of it..... I'm probably biased, but a big Griffin fan, more so due to having playing HS football with only 8 inches of a right leg......so I def. am pulling for him.  I  didn't stop and think it might offend someone else, will try harder in the future.   I just figured it is the same as saying he's blocking a guy with a bad back.  Griffin is, and will always be, fighting an uphill battle to overcome a disadvantage.  that's not offensive, it's a fact.  A fact that makes Griffin's story even more impressive.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Sorry, I don't think much of it..... I'm probably biased, but a big Griffin fan, more so due to having playing HS football with only 8 inches of a right leg......so I def. am pulling for him.  I  didn't stop and think it might offend someone else, will try harder in the future.

I have lived my entire life with the use of only one hand

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have lived my entire life with the use of only one hand

I often get asked about my leg, and I usually respond with something like "I'd much rather have the use of both arms/hands than both legs"  So I am definitely sympathetic, I can't imagine the struggle, nor the scores of innovations I know you've made in order to adjust to, well, everything!  Kudos to you PT.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I often get asked about my leg, and I usually respond with something like "I'd much rather have the use of both arms/hands than both legs"  So I am definitely sympathetic, I can't imagine the struggle, nor the scores of innovations I know you've made in order to adjust to, well, everything!  Kudos to you PT.

Thanks 

58 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ive never seen KJ Brent play but he seems to be in on a lot of plays.  Also why do I get this feeling TJ Green hasn't shown very much this training camp?  Just a feeling.

never mind

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I'm starting to think Luck is going to shock a lot of national media types and fans of other teams starting Thursday night.....

I think the Andrew Luck in real life is just like me in Madden with Luck against an All-Madden computer opponent. I throw for 300 yds, 4 tds every game, but always 1 INT. I think Luck has thrown 1 INT every practice, which is quite funny and consistent. What's important though is he seems back to normal and his old dominant self. This is his true test come game time to see if he can take hits now.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I think the Andrew Luck in real life is just like me in Madden against an All-Madden computer opponent. I throw for 300 yds, 4 tds every game, but always 1 INT. I think Luck has thrown 1 INT every game, which is quite funny and consistent. What's important though is he seems back to normal and his old dominant self. This is his true test come game time to see if he can take hits now.

lol, not quite every game ;)

48 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Sorry, I don't think much of it..... I'm probably biased, but a big Griffin fan, more so due to having playing HS football with only 8 inches of a right leg......so I def. am pulling for him.  I  didn't stop and think it might offend someone else, will try harder in the future.   I just figured it is the same as saying he's blocking a guy with a bad back.  Griffin is, and will always be, fighting an uphill battle to overcome a disadvantage.  that's not offensive, it's a fact.  A fact that makes Griffin's story even more impressive.

umm i heard he picked off Wilson in camp. so in my books hes just as dangerous without a hand

11 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Ok, I'll bite.  How many hands does he have, sir?  Odd that today, facts are often deemed "offensive."

Sadly, Descriptive names are often offensive esp. to the person or people with similar issues

Guys like SG and Jim Abbott have said multiple times that they want to be known as athletes not by the disability 

@Shafty138 and I are big SG fans based on our personal experiences

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think the Andrew Luck in real life is just like me in Madden with Luck against an All-Madden computer opponent. I throw for 300 yds, 4 tds every game, but always 1 INT. I think Luck has thrown 1 INT every practice, which is quite funny and consistent. What's important though is he seems back to normal and his old dominant self. This is his true test come game time to see if he can take hits now.

Luck attacks defenses and is a constant downfield threat with his arm strength. He throws a lot of picks, sure, but he counters it with a crap ton of yards and TDs to boot.

His best season (2014), he threw 16 picks, but I didn't really dwell on that too much cause he had 40 TDs, and 4700 yards. As long as he throws a bunch more TDs and yards, it's all good. 

• Like 1

Just now, NorthernBlue said:

Luck attacks defenses and is a constant downfield threat with his arm strength. He throws a lot of picks, sure, but he counters it with a crap ton of yards and TDs to boot.

His best season (2014), he threw 16 picks, but I didn't really dwell on that too much cause he had 40 TDs, and 4700 yards. As long as he throws a bunch more TDs and yards, it's all good. 

Some great HOF QBs had Int. Problems

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sadly, Descriptive names are often offensive esp. to the person or people with similar issues

Guys like SG and Jim Abbott have said multiple times that they want to be known as athletes not by the disability 

@Shafty138 and I are big SG fans based on our personal experiences

Sadly, on the other hand (not trying to be cute there), being descriptive helps the reader understand who's being referred to. 

Right now, without looking back into this thread, or a browser search, I couldn't tell you SG's real full name, but when one mentions he's got one arm, I know who we're talking about.

I don't find him well known enough, yet, for me to remember his name without looking it up.

He hasn't come up in a conversation, in a long time.

BTW, if I had to run the browser search, it may be with 'one armed football player'.....

Sorry, it's just human nature, and not always a dig.

I do understand your thought, though. It can be uncomfortable both ways.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Sadly, on the other hand (not trying to be cute there), being descriptive helps the reader understand who's being referred to. 

Right now, without looking back into this thread, or a browser search, I couldn't tell you SG's real full name, but when one mentions he's got one arm, I know who we're talking about.

I don't find him well known enough, yet, for me to remember his name without looking it up.

He hasn't come up in a conversation, in a long time.

BTW, if I had to run the browser search, it may be with 'one armed football player'.....

Sorry, it's just human nature, and not always a dig.

I do understand your thought, though. It can be uncomfortable both ways.

I know it happens all the time 

6 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Looking like Luck is torching our secondary again today. I think our young CBs are in for it this season.

Good.  What better practice for our CBs then to face one of the best. Luck(y) for us, not all QBs are as good as him :D.