Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Trade I Wish Ballard Would Make.

Dark Superman

23 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

He’s 29. Will be 30 July something. So going into the season he’s 30. Correct not mid 30 like Gore and them but still 30

Get younger, not older. T.Y. is our Vet. I’m not one for the “you need vets to teach the young guys”. That’s what coaches are for. Not to mention Reggie Wayne is the WR coach consultant or something to that effect

Thats enough teaching/experience to not need to trade for an older player. Give the young guns a chance to show what they have. Evaluate what you have after the season, then make the changes if you feel we do need changes at WR

yeah, I agree with tvturner...some (you included) are taking this "get younger, not older" thing WAAY too far.  And my point remains that AJ Green at 30 years old is absolutely not past his prime.  

they would want a lot for him he is their best player.  plus he has just a two year contract and he will be 30 before the season too

i would not consider giving up two firsts for a WR that would need to be re signed in two years and he will be 32 at that time 

Ballard rattled off a list of names from the old Colts teams from the Manning Years and he concluded that just about every single person he named was a draft pick.  That should tell us all we need to know for the most part about Ballard and his direction.

I kinda feel like some are taking the whole "build through the draft" thing a little too literally also.  Ballard also said, in his post draft presser, that when the time is right, he'll get more active in FA and with trades.  First though, he wants to build a group of young talented players to build around.  Once he has that he said himself that he'll be more active in trying to acquire players by means other than just the draft.  It's just not the right time yet.

11 hours ago, Bshultz said:

T.Y., Slauson, Doyle, Castonzo, Vinatieri, Ebron, Simon, Sheard, Geathers, Turbin, Al Wood, Najee Goode, Denico Autry, McCain, Nunes-Roches, Ryan Grant, and Luck. 

Barely any veteran leaders???

Stretching on a lot of those names

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 11:30 AM, Savage said:

Trade for AJ Green.

I'm all in on the youth movement and trying to build a team from the draft, but I also realize the importance of Andrew Luck and the need to surround him with top talent. AJ Green turns 30 next month but would be someone I would love to trade for to pair with TY Hilton. The Colts haven't had a reliable option behind TY Hilton since Reggie Wayne retired. Green and Hilton would give defenses nightmares with a healthy Andrew Luck throwing them the ball. He's a guy who could really use a change of scenery and deserves a heck of a lot better than Andy Dalton and the lousy Bengals. 

Trade TY instead of wasting him during our rebuild.

12 hours ago, tvturner said:

Stretching on a lot of those names

So which of those guys aren't veterans? We could legitimately have 20 or more guys on the final 53 man roster, who will be playing in their 5th year or more. So how is that "barely have any veterans"? 

On 6/23/2018 at 3:07 AM, Bshultz said:

So which of those guys aren't veterans? We could legitimately have 20 or more guys on the final 53 man roster, who will be playing in their 5th year or more. So how is that "barely have any veterans"? 

they are veterans but that does not mean they are leaders.

An offensive system that schemes players open and finds mismatches constantly is more important to develop right now before investing in more FA talent on offense. Patriots, without investing in first round WRs/TEs, have gotten far with a stable system that emphasizes playing any style, based on the weaknesses of the opponents' D. Gronk, a 2nd rounder, is their highest drafted WR/TE on offense.

If you have the QB and the OL, we can find good players outside the first round in the draft as time goes on for our pass catchers that will be quality talent we can develop. I do not see any need for trading for a Pro Bowl WR at this point without first establishing an identity or stability on our offensive side.

To be honest, with the stability that Peyton had and the work ethic/rapport he established with the offensive players, we probably did not need an Anthony Gonzalez/Donald Brown during those drafts, looking back in hindsight. We could have bolstered our D, to be honest. Peyton made it work with Collie and Garcon, and Blair freaking White, and as long as he had "some level" of talent to work with in the latter part of his career, we would have been fine.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2018 at 6:49 PM, tvturner said:

Because we barely have any veterans?

Young teams with no leaders/vets don't win championships that often

The Colts have Andrew Luck they are hardly leader less many vets on offense also .

The Colts are a couple of seasons away from Championships the best we can hope for is to take back the AFC South & even that will be a challenge ,

This is a youth movement fhe Colts tried the over the hill gang route it was in effective thankfully Ballard will not follow Grigsons example .

• Like 2