Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Awful possession...both ways

We played very hard but we crumbled in the 4th quarter

We missed Vic on the road in big moments. We just don’t have anyone that’s used to being the guy. I think it’s more not being comfortable initiating   then not wanting the shot. Tyreek is the only guy who has any experience being the shot maker but not with this group

Back to Indy defend our home court 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We missed Vic on the road in big moments. We just don’t have anyone that’s used to being the guy. I think it’s more not being comfortable initiating   then not wanting the shot. Tyreek is the only guy who has any experience being the shot maker but not with this group

Back to Indy defend our home court 

I think we can win...We have defended them ….84 and 98 points..

But we have to score what we usually score..We have to make open shots

10 minutes ago, MTC said:

I couldn’t watch most of the game tonight. Just caught the last six minutes of the 4th quarter. I saw enough to claim that Coach McMillan was lost in his game plan.

We had a great game plan.

We miss open shots..Our centers took 10 shots.

We were 6 of 10 on free throws..what's causing that?

McDermott looks scared..and Sabonis took ONE shot

I think we return to form at home because there's no reason we cant score 100 points..except that we're choking up shooting

1 hour ago, MTC said:

I don’t want to fully blame Coach McMillan. So many players are just not effective.

What happened to Sabonis and Turner? 

....I dont know..

Baynes and Al Horford have not just kept them from scoring but kept them from even getting shots..

They're very physical and we're not getting calls but that's now breaking news in a road playoff game

...and even with that...we're up 12 in the third quarter of Game 2 and up 9 at the half of Game one..

We are playing so well defensively…..but so are they.

They're really only using 8 players

We should win at home

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's tough when you do not have your best player/closer (Oladipo) in games like these. Pacers had their chances and even had a decent size lead early in the 4th Qtr. We would've won tonight had we had Oladipo. Series is now 2-0 and pretty much over unfortunately.

It’s not over just yet We win both home games and it’s best 2 of 3. It would have been nice to get a W in Boston We have to play a full 4 quarters which we haven’t done in this series 

• Like 1

Strong comeback..up 61-59 at the half.....

Tyreke Evans with 15 at the half...

Myles and Sabonis aren't really being guarded..away from the basket

Boston is daring them to make jump shots

But we look good..only 3 turnovers. Feels like the first two games, to be honest

21 minutes ago, MTC said:

Just got back to watch the second half. Can someone summarize how the Pacers have played so far? I haven't kept up.

Playing really hard....hustling.....only 5 turnovers  ...but 43% shooting''

Its really a struggle….

…..74-71 Boston late 3rd

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Playing really hard....hustling.....only 5 turnovers  ...but 43% shooting''

Its really a struggle….

…..74-71 Boston late 3rd

It really has been a struggle. T. Evans has given us good minutes in this series. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTC said:

Poor offense... again.

That's it...42% from the floor.

We just cant make shots when we need 'em

They can

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just can't do enough offensively without Oladipo. Not surprising.

You're right..

We are what everybody said we are

32 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

hate to say it but this would have been a good year to tank.  you can call it gathering assets and trading up in the draft if you like that better 

where do we go from here now? 

We re-sign Bogdanovic and Young, bring most of the team back. Turner and Sabonis will be back. I would let Collison and Evans go to free up Cap Space. Then see what is out there in Free Agency. Oladipo will be healthy next season. It should be clear to everyone if Oladipo was healthy we were headed to 53 or 54 wins with the team we have now. We won 48 without him for a lot of the season. Had that been the case we probably would've made the ECFinals because the East is wide open. This series against Boston doesn't shock me at all, why should it shock anyone? We do not have our best player who is also our closer. I believe with him we would be up 2-1 in this series.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

hate to say it but this would have been a good year to tank.  you can call it gathering assets and trading up in the draft if you like that better 

This is just my prediction, but I think everyone will be back except Darren Collison, Wesley Matthews, Tyreke Evans, and Cory Joseph.

Aaron Holliday will be the backup point guard and Pacers will try their best to get Kemba Walker.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MTC said:

This is just my prediction, but I think everyone will be back except Darren Collison, Wesley Matthews, Tyreke Evans, and Cory Joseph.

Aaron Holliday will be the backup point guard and Pacers will try their best to get Kemba Walker.

I hope that is the way they want to go...

The guys you mention are key to our defensive excellence..BUT

….we are a team that lacks offense.....in a league that screams for offense

...when I watch Portland play OKC.....those teams have firepower for big runs.

We cant ask limited offensive players to score 20 a night..

Bogdonavic is the exception, not the rule

We can bring most everybody back and we'll win maybe 48-50 and be the 4-5 seed

..and we'll be out in the first round

We don't need to have an illusion of winning 60 games with these same players who have won 48 two years in a row.

• Thanks 1

This is what I expected. Without Victor we don't have that one leader player who can make a difference.

Even with Victor we are still that 48-55 win team.

Till Simon gets off some money to sign one or two big time players we will never have a chance at a championship.

Pacers are a fun team to watch when they are clicking but when they are not clicking it is real bad. Shooting themselves in the foot is what I am seeing in the playoffs.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, aaron11 said:

We were contenders to win the East.  We were 25-11 when Vic was hurt...and 23-23 the rest of the way.   This wasn't a year to tank. This was our year to win.

We are at a crossroads because we have six key unrestricted free agents (Collison, Evans, Joseph, Matthews, Thad Young and Bogan Bogdonavic)….

I think Young is the heart of the team. All his teammates say so.

Bogdonavic is a shooter we must have and he has great value..

But, unless Im mistaken, all five of these players are 30 or older

What would you say if we let all six go, make a big bucks offer to Kemba Walker, Tobias Harris  or Jimmy Butler and moved Holiday, McDermott  and Leaf into major roles.

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is what I expected. Without Victor we don't have that one leader player who can make a difference.

Even with Victor we are still that 48-55 win team.

Till Simon gets off some money to sign one or two big time players we will never have a chance at a championship.

Which 'big time' players?

Who do you want?  Who can we get?

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

key word there is were.  that wasnt true after his injury 

No, the key words are '14 over .500'

With a 25-11 record, you what, 'throw' the last 46 games

Refuse to play?  Go 0-46

..and even then, you're 25-57 and others draft ahead of you.

It wasn't an option