Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

In reality till Simon spends the money on a big name player the chances of the Pacers getting past the 2nd round are slim.

I hate not having a hard cap but when the owner refuses to pay the NBA there is nothing to do but be what we have been since joining the NBA.

I think it is more that Indiana isn't a top market.

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think it is more that Indiana isn't a top market.

So when has Simon went over the cap?  I have never ever heard of the Pacers matching or offering a bigger contract to any all star players. I been following them since the ABA days.

We can say it's a small market but regardless of that if the right money was offered we would see bigger name players come here.

Warriors over the cap- 43 1/2 million over -  paid the NBA 21 1/2 million dollars

Pacers- 8 million under - paid the NBA 0 million dollars

Paying the NBA is called luxury tax when in reality it's paying the NBA off to buy a better chance at getting a championship.

Till the NBA has a hard cap or the Pacers get an owner who is willing to pay off the NBA there will never be a championship in Indiana.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 1:04 AM, crazycolt1 said:

So when has Simon went over the cap?  I have never ever heard of the Pacers matching or offering a bigger contract to any all star players. I been following them since the ABA days.

We can say it's a small market but regardless of that if the right money was offered we would see bigger name players come here.

You may be right.   I don't know if the Pacers have talked to top talents agents or not.  

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Wesley Matthews and Darren Collison are both out tonight against the Pistons. Looks like Cory Joseph and Tyreke Evans are in the starting lineup.

Blake Griffin is out for Detroit....

Some young folks will see the floor for us in the backcourt.

Could be a ''holiday':hat:

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to win to keep pace with Boston. Boston is up big over Miami right now.

Without both starting guards, we are..lets just say....different...

This is Aaron Holiday's moment.....Evans physically cannot play 35-40 minutes and there isn't anybody else

• Like 1

Really good win....down 2 starters...109-102

Holiday played 26 minutes..9 points, 5 assists..2 turnovers.

26 minutes might be the most he's played for us

Myles blocked 5 shots and scored 27. The best I remember him playing against Drummond.

Thad Young //.19 points..8 rebounds..5 assists

//we went basically with 8 players...Pistons missed Blake Griffin obviously

Might want to think about sitting Collison and Matthews Wednesday (might not have any choice) , to give them the best chance of playing Friday against Boston..

We are at 46-32. If we win 3 of their final 4 (Detroit, Boston, Brooklyn and Atlanta) we end up with 49 wins.

We only won 48 last year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Really good win....down 2 starters...109-102

Holiday played 26 minutes..9 points, 5 assists..2 turnovers.

26 minutes might be the most he's played for us

Myles blocked 5 shots and scored 27. The best I remember him playing against Drummond.

Thad Young //.19 points..8 rebounds..5 assists

//we went basically with 8 players...Pistons missed Blake Griffin obviously

Might want to think about sitting Collison and Matthews Wednesday (might not have any choice) , to give them the best chance of playing Friday against Boston..

We are at 46-32. If we win 3 of their final 4 (Detroit, Boston, Brooklyn and Atlanta) we end up with 49 wins.

We only won 48 last year.

Boston won as well. Both teams are 46-32 and still play 1 more time. 4 games left.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

108-89 win...…...

Thad Young with 21 - 8 - 4

McDermott had 14 points on 7 shots

Tyreke was 1 of 13 but it didnt matter.

2 wins without both staring guards....we're hanging on..

47-32 with just 3 games to go

Time to play Boston (47-32)

We control our own destiny for the 4th spot, if we win out it is ours for sure and we win 50 games to boot. Very nice win tonight, beating a team on a back to back is always tough to do. The game against Boston on Friday is huge!

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We control our own destiny for the 4th spot, if we win out it is ours for sure and we win 50 games to boot. Very nice win tonight, beating a team on a back to back is always tough to do. The game against Boston on Friday is huge!

Any news on DC or Wes? We need all our guys on Friday. The winner of that game will get the 4 seed. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Any news on DC or Wes? We need all our guys on Friday. The winner of that game will get the 4 seed. 

I'm thinking that Nate gambled tonight so both would be ready Friday.

But Matthews has a hamstring problem (I believe) and that only gets better in its own time.

Those 2 are vets and they know the significance of Friday's game

I think that if they cant play Friday, they are significantly hurt  and we wont see either till the playoffs

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should not be able to win games against playoff teams without your starting guards.

It might say as much about Detroit as it does about us...

….I'm sure its happened but I dont remember a final week game where two teams that were guaranteed to meet in the post-season, met with something on the line for both..

.Its almost like we're playing an 8-game playoff series

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You should not be able to win games against playoff teams without your starting guards.

It might say as much about Detroit as it does about us...

….I'm sure its happened but I dont remember a final week game where two teams that were guaranteed to meet in the post-season, met with something on the line for both..

.Its almost like we're playing an 8-game playoff series

To be fair to Detroit they were missing their best player as well. Definitely should have been more competitive though especially in their building.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

To be fair to Detroit they were missing their best player as well. Definitely should have been more competitive though especially in their building.

True but I think Mark is looking at this like we do not have Oladipo to begin with who is our best player and we still won big without DC and Wes on top of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but I think Mark is looking at this like we do not have Oladipo to begin with who is our best player and we still won big without DC and Wes on top of it.

Yeah that's why I said it shouldn't have been a blowout, but all the Pistons have is Blake and Drummond. Our roster is pretty deep even without the guys we were missing.  

Tyreke Evans would probably be the best guard on their team.

5 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah that's why I said it shouldn't have been a blowout, but all the Pistons have is Blake and Drummond. Our roster is pretty deep even without the guys we were missing.  

Tyreke Evans would probably be the best guard on their team.

I would trade Tyreke Evans for Reggie Jackson in a second.

Detroit beat us twice last year when we were at full strength.,,and they had won eight in a row at home...going into Wedndesday

I thought we beat a team we shouldnt have beaten considering who we had missing....and even appreciating who they had missing.

Obviously we need Darren Collison...and Wesley Matthews against Boston.

Probably Collison more than Matthews.

From what I'm reading it looks like Matthews will play.

We are asking a lot of Collison at his age to stay healthy all season...and he's limping to the finish line now when we need him most.. Sounds like its a longshot for him to go

I love having veterans players in the playoffs.

The problem is getting 30-something players to the postseason healthy.

At the start of the season, most of us would have taken 50 wins and home court in the first round of the playoffs. That's on the line Friday.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would trade Tyreke Evans for Reggie Jackson in a second.

Detroit beat us twice last year when we were at full strength.,,and they had won eight in a row at home...going into Wedndesday

I thought we beat a team we shouldnt have beaten considering who we had missing....and even appreciating who they had missing.

Obviously we need Darren Collison...and Wesley Matthews against Boston.

Probably Collison more than Matthews.

From what I'm reading it looks like Matthews will play.

We are asking a lot of Collison at his age to stay healthy all season...and he's limping to the finish line now when we need him most.. Sounds like its a longshot for him to go

I love having veterans players in the playoffs.

The problem is getting 30-something players to the postseason healthy.

At the start of the season, most of us would have taken 50 wins and home court in the first round of the playoffs. That's on the line Friday.

Looking forward to it.

Going into last night, I thought we would lose to be honest eventhough Blake didn't play. Beating a team on a back to back is really tough + they have been great at home and we have stunk on the road. That was a nice underrated win.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going into last night, I thought we would lose to be honest eventhough Blake didn't play. Beating a team on a back to back is really tough + they have been great at home and we have stunk on the road. That was a nice underrated win.

We'd lost 10 in a row on the road.

That win is very encouraging.....

We need all hands on deck against Boston.... but I'm thinking Collison will not make it and Holiday will have to play real minutes.

Boston looked good at Miami..Gordon Hayward looked as good as he has all year.

But the help McDermott is giving us is very encouraging

Boston and Al Horford is a good matchup for Myles. ….Jaylen Brown is out.

If we win, I think Boston sits Kyrie and Al Horford in the final 2 games.

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We'd lost 10 in a row on the road.

That win is very encouraging.....

We need all hands on deck against Boston.... but I;m thinking Collison will not make ti and Holiday will have to play real minutes.

Boston looked good at Miami..Gordon Hayward looked as good as he has all year.

But the held McDermott is giving us is very encouraging

Boston and Al Horford is a good matchup for Myles. ….Jaylen Brown is out.

If we win, I think Boston sits Kyrie and Al Horford in the final 2 games.

I feel pretty good about tomorrow's game but we will see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:
  1.    Down 58-47 at the half...not looking good

We are shooting 38%..and we are missing Collison

Kyrie has 15.......

Lots of extra defense on Bogdonavic..he only has taken 5 shots

CoJo is not someone you want scoring. Unfortunately, no one else has stepped up outside of Sabonis.

Nate McMillan is pulling a Chuck Pagano in an important homecourt deciding game. 

:headspin:

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Tonight yes but he has been the reason we have been competitive. He has been leading the team since we lost Depo.

Yeah, I was referring to tonight. Just getting outplayed. 

15 minutes ago, MTC said:

As much as I have been a supporter of Bojan, his play has been so disappointing. 

Celtics are treating him like a star..

...double teaming off screens.....Smart is on him tight

Myles and Sabonis are fine,...but we dont have a true lead guard.

Holiday is out there but he's off the ball because Tyreke needs the ball

They just have a far better offensive team tonight...55% from the floor.

Doesnt look good. Hasnt all night, really