Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Myles

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

Nate McMillan is pulling a Chuck Pagano in an important homecourt deciding game. 

 

:headspin:

 

 

Yeah, I was referring to tonight. Just getting outplayed. 

Getting double teamed does make a difference, just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only are we the 5th seed....but the team we're going to play looks very confident against us

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might need to rest our starters the last two games

We have 3 players who have played in all 80 games so far..

 

Boston owns the tiebreaker. We have nothing to gain in games 81 and 82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MTC said:

Good night. 

115-93..with 2:00 left.......Kinda embarassing, actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th seed it is, sloppy performance by the Pacers. Without HCA, stealing game 1 is always important. Have to start thinking ahead now. I would rest everyone now as well. We have ran Bogdanovic into the ground, he needs rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

115-93..with 2:00 left.......Kinda embarassing, actually

I was disappointed in the game tonight. It's lame handing Boston home court advantage after all we have overcome this season. We need DC back for the series. Our PG problem really showed tonight 

 

It'll be interesting to see the rotation Nate goes with in the playoffs.  We know the bench will be shortened but how short does he go?  I'd like to see Holiday in there. No one  speeds us up like he can. 

 

This is is going to be a tough series. Boston maybe rounding into to shape. Hayward getting his game back is big for them. I'm happy for him  but let's hope he misses some shots next go around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, akcolt said:

I was disappointed in the game tonight. It's lame handing Boston home court advantage after all we have overcome this season. We need DC back for the series. Our PG problem really showed tonight 

 

It'll be interesting to see the rotation Nate goes with in the playoffs.  We know the bench will be shortened but how short does he go?  I'd like to see Holiday in there. No one  speeds us up like he can. 

 

This is is going to be a tough series. Boston maybe rounding into to shape. Hayward getting his game back is big for them. I'm happy for him  but let's hope he misses some shots next go around. 

Boston played well and Hayward played great...…..Took him over a year but he's back....it would seem. So similar to Paul George's recovery. Back and better than ever maybe...

Boston seemed to hit every shot.....(I know they didn't) and I hope they cant do that for two weeks

 

I agree....we cant play Holiday with Evans. They both need the ball in their hands.

I think you might see Holiday start the next two games and Evans come off the bench.

I guess our strength (our balanced scoring and depth) is also our weak ness.

We cant afford to miss anybody. Collison gets that starting group their shots and if he could not play Friday in that big a game, I think we've seen the last of him till Game 1 in Boston.

 

There's still hope if we can get the whole group back.

But we cant beat them without Collison playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston played well and Hayward played great...…..Took him over a year but he's back....it would seem. So similar to Paul George's recovery. Back and better than ever maybe...

Boston seemed to hit every shot.....(I know they didn't) and I hope they cant do that for two weeks

 

I agree....we cant play Holiday with Evans. They both need the ball in their hands.

I think you might see Holiday start the next two games and Evans come off the bench.

I guess our strength (our balanced scoring and depth) is also our weak ness.

We cant afford to miss anybody. Collison gets that starting group their shots and if he could not play Friday in that big a game, I think we've seen the last of him till Game 1 in Boston.

 

There's still hope if we can get the whole group back.

But we cant beat them without Collison playing

I hope Holiday gets the start and Evans goes back to the bench and then Holiday gets Tyreek's minutes in the playoffs I'd be fine if I never see Evans take the floor in a Pacers uniform again. That signing has been a total disappointment.

 

We need to look at our PG position this off season. DC is aging and hurts us on the on defensive end and can struggle to get his shot bc of his size on the offensive end. CoJo is good on the defensive end but it rarely makes up for his offensive woes and it's just not his streaky shooting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, akcolt said:

I hope Holiday gets the start and Evans goes back to the bench and then Holiday gets Tyreek's minutes in the playoffs I'd be fine if I never see Evans take the floor in a Pacers uniform again. That signing has been a total disappointment.

 

We need to look at our PG position this off season. DC is aging and hurts us on the on defensive end and can struggle to get his shot bc of his size on the offensive end. CoJo is good on the defensive end but it rarely makes up for his offensive woes and it's just not his streaky shooting 

I hear you about age.

We have to overcome injuries because 30-somethng players get hurt more than younger ones. Say what you want about Collison. Our offense suffers without him.

I like Holiday but we need another point guard with Holiday if Collison goes away.

We have to get younger ....but Kemba Walker would cure a few of our ills

I think we've ridden this horse as far as we can

 

 

..down 84-73 with10 minutes to go against the Nets.

Another tough night shooting......so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..another loss....108-96......we seem tired

...I think we need to rest our starters...we have 3 guys who've played all 81 games...

Collison was 2-for 12 but I dont know why he played and Evans sat out..

 

....Looks like we'll open the playoffs Saturday in Boston...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

..another loss....108-96......we seem tired

...I think we need to rest our starters...we have 3 guys who've played all 81 games...

Collison was 2-for 12 but I dont know why he played and Evans sat out..

 

....Looks like we'll open the playoffs Saturday in Boston...

We should've just kept Collison out. The 4th seed was out of reach anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew we should have just rested everybody and settled for the 5th seed. Looks like we'll be able to get a full week of rest though. Hopefully Myles Turner's ankle is ok for game 1 in Boston. 

 

Don't think we'll be able to win the series against Boston, but I think the Pacers will be up to the challenge if relatively healthy. All the pressure is on Boston as they have the clear superior team and home court advantage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Knew we should have just rested everybody and settled for the 5th seed. Looks like we'll be able to get a full week of rest though. Hopefully Myles Turner's ankle is ok for game 1 in Boston. 

 

Don't think we'll be able to win the series against Boston, but I think the Pacers will be up to the challenge if relatively healthy. All the pressure is on Boston as they have the clear superior team and home court advantage.

Yeah I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I see us losing this series in 6. I hope I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boston's Marcus Smart will miss the first round of the playoffs.

He was hurt last Sunday against Orlando.  Out 3-4 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

up 109-103 at Atlanta after 3 quarters...….not a defensive struggle.

TJ Leaf with 22 points..Edmund Sumner with 14

 

6 regulars not playing....but Collison is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

up 109-103 at Atlanta after 3 quarters...….not a defensive struggle.

TJ Leaf with 22 points..Edmund Sumner with 14

 

6 regulars not playing....but Collison is

If we win this game we will end up with the same record as last season, 48-34. It is ashame Oladipo got injured. Had he played all season I think we would've won 53 or 54 games and been a 3 seed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we win this game we will end up with the same record as last season, 48-34. It is ashame Oladipo got injured. Had he played all season I think we would've won 53 or 54 games and been a 3 seed.

That final record.

What does that say?

 

Victor DID play all last year..

..and we finish with the same record even when he misses 40-45 games/

In an Eastern Conference that was slightly better this year

 

It justifies the quality of our other regulars

It certainly justifies Nate McMillan as a coach/

But is also suggests that this is the ceiling with this group, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

That final record.

What does that say?

 

Victor DID play all last year..

..and we finish with the same record even when he misses 40-45 games/

In an Eastern Conference that was slightly better this year

 

It justifies the quality of our other regulars

It certainly justifies Nate McMillan as a coach/

But is also suggests that this is the ceiling with this group, doesn't it?

I will be curious to see who we bring back next year, that is a huge key. Also what if Leonard leaves the Raptors? That could affect the whole East right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will be curious to see who we bring back next year, that is a huge key. Also what if Leonard leaves the Raptors? That could affect the whole East right there.

I'm watching Kemba Walker play his final game for the Hornets..

...I just don't know how to give Kemba a 30 mil deal when Victor makes $20 mil

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm watching Kemba Walker play his final game for the Hornets..

...I just don't know how to give Kemba a 30 mil deal when Victor makes $20 mil

I don't either but we need to keep Bogdanovic and Young dont you think. Collison is expendable if we land Walker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't either but we need to keep Bogdanovic and Young dont you think. Collison is expendable if we land Walker.

Well, lets look at that.

There is no one behind Bogdonavic…..and I think he may have more upside when Victor gets back..

 

Thad Young is the one that bothers me.

I think he is the most respected player on our team and he guards almost anybody other than guards.

But TJ leaf is ready and even if he wasn't...we are playing Sabonis and Turner together more and more. And we are some what of an older team

 

Would our defense collapse if Thad Young left us>

I dont know?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Well, lets look at that.

There is no one behind Bogdonavic…..and I think he may have more upside when Victor gets back..

 

Thad Young is the one that bothers me.

I think he is the most respected player on our team and he guards almost anybody other than guards.

But TJ leaf is ready and even if he wasn't...we are playing Sabonis and Turner together more and more. And we are some what of an older team

 

Would our defense collapse if Thad Young left us>

I dont know?

 

 

 

Losing Thad would hurt, he is like the glue to this team. Oladipo, Turner, Bogdavovic, and Sabonis are all better players but Thad is a leader and can defend the 3 or 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Losing Thad would hurt, he is like the glue to this team. Oladipo, Turner, Bogdavovic, and Sabonis are all better players but Thad is a leader and can defend the 3 or 4.

If we keep Thad at $15-$20 mil..

 we have to move on from  Evans and Joseph....pay bigger dollars to Bogdonavic and Young....and Collison..

 

..and make another run with this team...as it is

Not the worst thought

..But if we resign Evans and Bogdonavic ..we don't have money for anything other than a role player  free agent

..and we win 48-50 again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

If we keep Thad at $15-$20 mil..

 we have to move on from  Evans and Joseph....pay bigger dollars to Bogdonavic and Young....and Collison..

 

..and make another run with this team...as it is

Not the worst thought

..But if we resign Evans and Bogdonavic ..we don't have money for anything other than a role player  free agent

I would do away with Evans, JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would do away with Evans, JMO

I  misspoke.If we resign Young and Bogdonavic...we wont have money left for a $20 mil free agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about that, Pacers win 135-134!

Edmund Sumner....bless his heart …..  3 free throws to win it

He scored 22....

Lord.why couldn't we have played Atlanta 3 time sin the last month.

 

 

48-34....for the second consecutive year...5th seed for the second consecutive year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I  misspoke.If we resign Young and Bogdonavic...we wont have money left for a $20 mil free agent

Even if we let Collison, Evans, and Joseph walk. Evans makes 12 mill a year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ Leaf...28 and 10 with no turnovers..

..again..he wont be 22 until the end of this month

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if we let Collison, Evans, and Joseph walk. Evans makes 12 mill a year.

That's about $30 mil total..

 

That might get Kemba….Holiday would be the backup.....and Vic would play the '2'...with maybe Edmund Sumner as the backup.   Its a risk..Kemba is 29

 

But the pairing of Walker and Oladipo would be hard on the Eastern Conference:thmup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Evans makes 12 mill and Collison makes 10 mill a year. Collison is expendable if we go after Walker.

That could work....and we would still have Sabonis, Young, Myles and Leaf

..with Bogdonavic and McDermott at the '3'

 

I think Kemba would make us a more uptempo team and a better 3-shooting team.

He is not a great defender but the combo of Holiday and Sumner would be good defensively

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as of the start of next season.....Sabonis, Turner and Holiday are all 23 years old..and TJ Leaf is 22.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That's about $30 mil total..

 

That might get Kemba….Holiday would be the backup.....and Vic would play the '2'...with maybe Edmund Sumner as the backup.   Its a risk..Kemba is 29

 

But the pairing of Walker and Oladipo would be hard on the Eastern Conference:thmup:

Yes it would, we would be really tough to beat with a starting lineup of:

PG Walker

SG Oladipo

SF Bogdanovic

PF Young

C Turner

with Sabonis, McDermott, Leaf, Holiday, and Sumner coming off the bench. We could still bring back Mathews as well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Agree! Michael Irvin was asked about Luck retirement and said he has respect for what he did and then asked if he ever contemplated retirement and said never. He even said he would keep playing to this day if he could that's how much he loved the NFL.
    • Diss the Steelers, Striiiiiiiiiiike 1! Diss the Raiders, Striiiiiiiiiiiike 2! Dis the Pats with bases loaded, striiiiiiiiiiiiiike 3! You are out!
    • Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of our games to be around the high teens/low 20s for a while. At least until teams start to gameplan against our rushing attack and try to take away the short stuff from Brissett (and until we start passing downfield).
    • “Antonio Brown was released today by the New England Patriots and is currently an unrestricted free agent,” the NFL said in its statement. “Our office is presently investigating multiple allegations, some of which are the subject of pending litigation. We have as yet made no findings regarding these issues. The investigation is ongoing and will be pursued vigorously and expeditiously.   “As long as Mr. Brown is a free agent, placement on the Commissioner’s exempt list is not appropriate. If he is signed by a club, such placement may become appropriate at any time depending on the status of the investigation. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, he may also be subject to discipline if the investigation finds that he has violated the law or league policies.”   Sounds like the NFL is discouraging any other team from signing him.         Ummm, don't think so Drew.
    • Not overly impressed. Average QB at best.  Needs to take more deep shots to the receivers.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...