2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it would, we would be really tough to beat with a starting lineup of:

PG Walker

SG Oladipo

SF Bogdanovic

PF Young

C Turner

with Sabonis, McDermott, Leaf, Holiday, and Sumner coming off the bench. We could still bring back Mathews as well?

Depends on whether he'd be willing to be the the '2' guard on the second team.

It would extend his career.....and he'd do well against the second units of other teams

..But if he still wants to start, hell move on

• Like 1

The playoff seeding's and schedule are set. We play at Boston at 1pm on Sunday.

Eastern Conference

#1 Bucks vs #8 Pistons

#4 Celtics vs #5 Pacers

#2 Raptors vs #7 Magic

#3 Sixers vs #6 Nets

Western Conference

#1 Warriors vs #8 Clippers

#4 Rockets vs #5 Jazz

#2 Nuggets vs #7 Spurs

#3 Blazers vs #6 Thunder

-One thing that sticks out at me is, the Rockets are in the Warriors bracket! They would play in Round 2, not WCFinals if they both advance. My upset picks for Round 1 are Thunder over Blazers and I like the Spurs over Nuggets. I think all the higher seeds win in the East. I do not think we have enough to beat the Celtics, I see us losing in 6 games 4-2. We will make it interesting at times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

6 of 12 free throws..that's embarrassing..and we're still In it

We do not have anyone that can create off the dribble. That is why our Offense goes into these stink modes. Teams just dare us to shoot outside and guard the middle. If we had Oladipo Boston would not be able to do that. Taking Oladipo off our team is like Irving off of their team. Pretty simple to me to why we are losing. We all want Indy to win but without Oladipo we had very little chance coming into this. 

84-74 final......if we hold them to less than 90 points, we should win every time..

….we played scared on offense…. 

we have 7 guys who average double figures..

we had TWO in this game.   Boston plays good defense and they have obviously targeted Bogdonavic.

But we had no confidence on offense and that have to change immediately

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

84-74 final......if we hold them to less than 90 points, we should win every time..

….we played scared on offense…. 

we have 7 guys who average double figures..

we had TWO in this game.   Boston plays good defense and they have obviously targeted Bogdonavic.

But we had no confidence on offense and that have to change immediately

It reminded me of a 90's playoff game. Remember when Utah beat Jordan's Bulls in Game 4 of the Finals 78-73. Both teams play great defense, problem with us we do not have our playmaker. I can't wait for next year when we have Oladipo back. I truly believe we are better than Boston if he was healthy. They are lucky he isn't healthy. They caught a huge break.

• Like 1