Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

This is ugly to watch.....89-89   6:00 to go

Nobody uses a center..everybody takes bad shots (because they can make them) and all the shooters pretend they're being fouled to fool the refs..

Steph isnt 100%.....not as quick as he normally is.

..and where is Clint Capella....4 points and 6 rebounds...??

Just now, oldunclemark said:

This is ugly to watch.....89-89   6:00 to go

Nobody uses a center..everybody takes bad shots (because they can make them) and all the shooters pretend they're being fouled to fool the refs..

Steph isnt 100%.....not as quick as he normally is.

..and where is Clint Capella....4 points and 6 rebounds...??

This is Houston's chance to get HCA and put huge pressure on the Warriors.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At Golden St he shouldn't. He needs to earn it. They had their chance today, Warriors in 6 now.

There's Golden State calls and there's 'everybody else' calls?

Okay. If those are the rules, then it will be interesting when they get back to Houston

• Like 1

IMO, the best teams I have ever seen are the 1987 Lakers #1 = Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Scott. 1996 Bulls #2 = Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc. 1986 Celtics #3 = Bird, McHale, Parish, and DJ. 2001 Lakers #4 = Kobe, Shaq, Horry, and Fish. These Warriors belong in that group with Durant, Curry, Klay, and Green if they win it all again. It would be neat to see them lose but I cant root for a flopper like Harden or a softy like CP3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, the best teams I have ever seen are the 1987 Lakers #1 = Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and Scott. 1996 Bulls #2 = Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc. 1986 Celtics #3 = Bird, McHale, Parish, and DJ. 2001 Lakers #4 = Kobe, Shaq, Horry, and Fish. These Warriors belong in that group with Durant, Curry, Klay, and Green if they win it all again. It would be neat to see them lose but I cant root for a flopper like Harden or a softy like CP3.

I don't like the way eitehr one of these teams plays the game...I guess I've said that before...

What Harden does to draw fouls is exactly what Steph does.

..and both teams have popularized distance shooting as a team cure-all

..and nobody can cheer for Draymond Green

I'm guessing you will hear a lot about the officiating in this series. A lot.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't like the way eitehr one of these teams plays the game...I guess I've said that before...

What Harden does to draw fouls is exactly what Steph does.

..and both teams have popularized distance shooting as a team cure-all

..and nobody can cheer for Draymond Green

I am not a Warriors fan but I love the way they play team basketball. Their passing is brillant and they get everyone involved. I am just not a James Harden fan the way he flops. CP3 always chokes in the playoffs too.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a Warriors fan but I love the way they play team basketball. Their passing is brillant and they get everyone involved. I am just not a James Harden fan the way he flops. CP3 always chokes in the playoffs too.

The way Golden State plays is the opposite of what I know as basketball

They try to take bad shots. they set screens going away from the basket to take advantage of their distance shooting ability.  Steph jumps into the defender ALL the time.

Exactly what Harden does.

Fouls that would not have been called in any other era. I just think that's a cowardly way to play the game. If you are real, you don't fly into the defender and flop...

And Draymond is just Draymond. Constant whining....Cheap shots and missed 3s T-fouls

We will have to disagree on this one.

I think the Golden State Warriors have hurt the sport...

The cancer of the 3-ball (which they started because they have great shooters) infects everyone and now high school teams take 30-40 3s a game...

Just not my style

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The way Golden State plays is the opposite of what I know as basketball

They try to take bad shots. they set screens going away from the basket to take advantage of their distance shooting ability.  Steph jumps into the defender ALL the time.

Exactly what Harden does.

Fouls that would not have been called in any other era. I just think that's a cowardly way to play the game. If you are real, you don't fly into the defender and flop...

And Draymond is just Draymond. Constant whining....Cheap shots and missed 3s T-fouls

We will have to disagree on this one.

I think the Golden State Warriors have hurt the sport...

The cancer of the 3-ball (which they started because they have great shooters) infects everyone and now high school teams take 30-40 3s a game...

Just not my style

Yeah I disagree but that is fine. As a short guy myself I love shooting the 3 in highschool and thought people falling in love with someone dunking sucked. Yeah who can't dunk if you are 7'0. Also guys that can't shoot FT's are an embarrassment to the game IMO. In highschool I could make 85 out of 100 and never played college = 85%. Curry plays nothing like Harden IMO. Curry doesn't throw his body into players near as much as Harden does to create contact to get a call. He doesn't flop near as much either. Curry creates better off the dribble and just gets open to shoot. Harden gets more calls than Michael Jordan and a lot of them are nonsense, JMO. You have your opinion and I have mine. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I disagree but that is fine. As a short guy myself I love shooting the 3 in highschool and thought people falling in love with someone dunking sucked. Yeah who can't dunk if you are 7'0. Also guys that can't shoot FT's are an embarrassment to the game IMO. In highschool I could make 85 out of 100 and never played college = 85%. Curry plays nothing like Harden IMO. Curry doesn't throw his body into players near as much as Harden does to create contact to get a call. He doesn't flop near as much either. Curry creates better off the dribble and just gets open to shoot. Harden gets more calls than Michael Jordan and a lot of them are nonsense, JMO. You have your opinion and I have mine. 

You have to watch Steph closer..

He falls on every other shot and he always jumps into the defender.

he's not alone but he most certainly does do it

And why not? He gets 3 shots if he fools the refs.  Dont trust me for a second.

Go back and look at any game

Im old school. The fundamentals of the game...dribble, pass shoot all conspire to get high percentage shots

Not step back, fall away 3s....Shooting is great. But I dont think you are great because you master one aspect if the game..

The women's game is better. They actually try to get to the basket.

I am for moving the 3-point line back 3-5 feet.

It would bring fundamentals  back into the sport

If you are Damean Lillard and you walk into a 37-footer to win a  game....Thats great basketball?.

It wins but  I just dont think so

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You have to watch Steph closer..

He falls on every other shot adn he always jumps into the defender.

he's not alone but he most certainly does do it

And why not? He gets 3 shots if he fools the refs.  Dont trust me for a second.

Go back and look at any game

Im old school. The fundamentals of the game...dribble, pass shoot all conspire to get high percentage shots

Not step back, fall away 3s....Shooting is great. But I dont think you are great because you master one aspect if the game..

The women's game is better. They actually try to get to the basket.

I am for moving the 3-point line back 3-5 feet.

It would bring fundamentals  back into the sport

If you are Damean Lillard and you walk into a 37-footer to win a  game....Thats great basketball?.

I just dont think so

I respect that, I loved the Lakers in the 80's because they played inside out. Magic always believed going to Kareem or Worthy 1st to open everything up for the shooters in the half court game. Scott always burned teams with the 3 though. I see both sides of it. If you have a player like Shaq, he will always be the 1st option over Kobe for a 3 too. 

The Rockets outscored the Warriors by 20 from 3 point range.. but the Warriors had about 20 more shot attempts. Offensive rebounding for the Warriors was huge.

Rockets def just stupidly bomb away from 3.. no screens like the warriors set. The just iso and dish from stupid range. They are going to get beat by a team that has better 3 point shooters.. but aren't has much in love with them. 

Toronto 101, 76ers 96...….series tied 2-2...…...Phily let this get away

Marc Gasol 16, Joel Embid 11..That cant happen

Kawhi Leonard 39 points..

I have been surprised about how little Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris can do about Kawhi. He's scored 30 or more in every game so far

On 4/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, oldunclemark said:

The NBA is not the game for you.

I'm similar.  I quit watching the NBA 6-8 years ago.    To much flash and show and not enough basketball.  

• Like 2

I'm reading more about the possibilities of the Pacers acquiring Mike Conley.

I dismissed it before but its not farfetched.

Conley, who is 30 years old..averages 21 points a game and he is an excellent defender.  Memphis isn't a playoff team and they want to move him

His contract is ridiculous but there's only 2 years left on it..

.at $32 mil and $34 mi

Why is he better than Kemba Walker?  Offensively, he's not.

To get Kemba, we must pay the max:  $35 mil for 4 years...the same as Conley but for 2 more years

And we're a defensive minded team......Mike Conley is a strong defender.….Plus Conley may actually want to come to Indianapolis …..we all know. Big high school star. Lawrence North.

The only knock is We'd probably have to give up our No.1 pick for Conley

• Like 1

I'm reading more about the possibilities of the Pacers acquiring Mike Conley.

I dismissed it before but its not farfetched.

Conley, who is 30 years old..averages 21 points a game and he is an excellent defender.  Memphis isn't a playoff team and they want to move him

His contract is ridiculous but there's only 2 years left on it..

.at $32 mil and $34 mi

Why is he better than Kemba Walker?  Offensively, he's not.

To get Kemba, we must pay the max:  $35 mil for 4 years...the same as Conley but for 2 more years

And we're a defensive minded team......Mike Conley is a strong defender.….Plus Conley may actually want to come to Indianapolis …..we all know. Big high school star. Lawrence North.

The only knock is We'd probably have to give up our No.1 pick for Conley

I would be happy with Conley but it depends on who we would have to give up. He has some age on him but still is better than Collison. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That series looks over, Bucks look really good right now as Boston looks like burnt toast as well. 

Boston has been very disappointing.

They're missing wide open shots.....I guess that happens in the playoffs.

I just wish it had happened 3 weeks earlier

Kyrie doesnt know what's happening out there

Boston has been very disappointing.

They're missing wide open shots.....I guess that happens in the playoffs.

I just wish it had happened 3 weeks earlier

Kyrie doesnt know what's happening out there

Kyrie looks lost doesn't he? haha . That teams chemistry is so bad that big bad coach Brad can't even straightened it out lmao 

• Like 1