Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

So if the Pacers would be interested, Durant would still choose a poor Knicks team over a championship contending Pacer team?

I totally agree.   It's what a small market has to deal with.  Especially one who is well run and makes the playoffs almost every year.

It's not just that, the Knicks are way under the Salary Cap. They can give Durant whatever he wants. 

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am hearing on the radio from a lot of people that this finals is like USA vs Canada. That is nonsense, Leonard was born in the USA so I do not see that at all. Leonard is an american and is their best player lol. I would love to see the Raptors win this.

I'm taking the other side.   Usually I am a pretty big rooter for the underdog, but the NBA pises me off with how they are a "super team" league now so I hope they get what they deserve.   The same team winning each year.   

26 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm taking the other side.   Usually I am a pretty big rooter for the underdog, but the NBA pises me off with how they are a "super team" league now so I hope they get what they deserve.   The same team winning each year.   

That too, but I would like to see someone different win it all though. I didn't mind the Warriors forming a super team when they did because it blocked LeBron from winning it all several years in a row. His GOAT talk by ESPN and his fanboys was getting so out of hand and on a ridiculous level that it made me cringe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That too, but I would like to see someone different win it all though. I didn't mind the Warriors forming a super team when they did because it blocked LeBron from winning it all several years in a row. His GOAT talk by ESPN and his fanboys was getting so out of hand and on a ridiculous level that it made me cringe.

To add to this I have been watching basketball since the late 70's and Jordan was better than LeBron going by any metrics/League MVP's/Finals MVP's, winning Championships, etc.. Also Magic had a higher FG% for his career, much higher FT% for his career, was more Clutch - hitting a game winning a shot in the finals at Boston, was a better Leader getting his teammates involved, had the same amount of Finals MVP's (3-3), and has won more Championships 5-3. LeBron has only won 1 more League MVP (4-3) but has played 4 more seasons than what Magic did. Magic also is the all-time leader in Assist average per game at 11.2 over a career. Not even Stockton was better. Magic also won Finals MVP his rookie year, that will never be done again. Magic was better like Jordan was, end of story.

First time around in 7 seasons in Cleveland, LeBron could not win the Championship so he joined Wade and Bosh to form a super team from 2011-2014 in Miami to assure winning. Then he goes back to Cleveland when Wade was out of his prime to join a young Kyrie and Love for a 2nd super team lol. He won 1 Championship there. So Durant was like ok, watch this, etc..

Regarding the Pacers, unless we go over the Salary Cap and pay the luxury tax, we will never get a big name star here. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To add to this I have been watching basketball since the late 70's and Jordan was better than LeBron going by any metrics/League MVP's/Finals MVP's, winning Championships, etc.. Also Magic had a higher FG% for his career, much higher FT% for his career, was more Clutch - hitting a game winning a shot in the finals at Boston, was a better Leader getting his teammates involved, had the same amount of Finals MVP's (3-3), and has won more Championships 5-3. LeBron has only won 1 more League MVP (4-3) but has played 4 more seasons than what Magic did. Magic also is the all-time leader in Assist average per game at 11.2 over a career. Not even Stockton was better. Magic also won Finals MVP his rookie year, that will never be done again. Magic was better like Jordan was, end of story.

First time around in 7 seasons in Cleveland, LeBron could not win the Championship so he joined Wade and Bosh to form a super team from 2011-2014 in Miami to assure winning. Then he goes back to Cleveland when Wade was out of his prime to join a young Kyrie and Love for a 2nd super team lol. He won 1 Championship there. So Durant was like ok, watch this, etc..

Regarding the Pacers, unless we go over the Salary Cap and pay the luxury tax, we will never get a big name star here. 

Where would I rank LeBron all-time? I still have him at #4. He is that great, he could carry teams in his prime, he puts up huge numbers, and has been the best player over the last decade. He has his 4 League MVP's and 3 Finals MVP's. I would put Jordan, Magic, and Kareem ahead of him. Kareem has a resume that is unreal. When he was with the Bucks he put up real crazy numbers and won a Championship before he played with Magic. Kareem is still the NBA's all-time leading Scorer and has won the most League MVP's with 6. He also has won 6 Championships like Jordan. The Sky Hook is the most unstoppable shot in NBA history. 

My Top 4 all-time still remains:

1. Jordan

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. LeBron

-Players like Wilt and B.Russell of course are in this discussion like Bird, Kobe and Shaq are as well.

-Regarding the newer generation Durant and Curry are moving way up in NBA history. Leonard is great too. The NBA has had some super talent over the years.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Durant is going to NY per many ESPN sources, Davis will get traded to LA for possibly Ingram, Kuzma, and their #4 (just a rumor), and hard telling what Leonard will do. This experience in Toronto and being loved the way he is now may make him want to stay there.

Davis won't be a Laker until it's on his terms (FA).

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, Myles said:

So if the Pacers wanted to, would they have any chance to sign Durant, Leonard or Davis?

The have a good team without one of them and would be a championship contender with one of them.   

We cant get Davis because we'd have to trade for him and we have nothing to trade. Half our players are free agents..

Coery Joseph played with Kawhi but Kawhi is also from L.A. and he could go 'home' and play for 2 different teams

…..I'd make Durant an offer....we can only pay him the max...#35 mil a year...

….They say he wants to go to NYC..but who knows

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just can't picture him playing a whole other season with the Pelicans again. Too many bridges burned IMO.

It's called choice and he doesn't really have one at the moment and the Pelican front office has been very transparent that they won't trade him to the Lakers. If he's traded it will be to a team in the East so they only have to see him twice a year just like the Pacers sent Paul George west.

The Knicks have everything they need to land Kyrie, KD, and AD if they wanted. 

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It's called choice and he doesn't really have one at the moment and the Pelican front office has been very transparent that they won't trade him to the Lakers. If he's traded it will be to a team in the East so they only have to see him twice a year just like the Pacers sent Paul George west.

With David Griffin now in the FO they may deal with the Lakers. hard telling though. Their other GM wanted no part of the Lakers.

19 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

That still makes absolutely no sense, but we've been down this road before....

I can only go by what I hear in the media daily. It may not make sense to some but Davis doesn't want to be there and if he just walks after next season then the Pels get nothing for a top 5 player in the league. Ainge could try and trade for him but from what I have heard he isn't giving up Tatum. Pels would want Tatum in any deal for Davis.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

How long is the Leonard trade going to haunt the Pacers.

Reggie Miller was a great player and great for the Pacers. Arguably a top 50 player of all-time and top 5 shooter of all-time IMO. Leonard however has a chance to be mentioned in the super elite of all-time when he's done playing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reggie Miller was a great player and great for the Pacers. Arguably a top 50 player of all-time and top 5 shooter of all-time IMO. Leonard however has a chance to be mentioned in the super elite of all-time when he's done playing.

I would put Reggie in the top 30.   

The Leonard trade hurts so bad because the Pacers are well run and put a competitive team on the floor almost every season.   So they are not going to get the top 10 draft picks and it is fairly rare for a superstar player to be taken as far down as 15.   Tanking works, but I don't think I want the team I like to do it.   That leaves me with a team that has very little chance of being a legitimate championship team.   We just have to hope that at some time, a player wants to be the big fish in a small pond and sees the Pacers as a good team that is one top notch player away from contention.   

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Leonard trade hurts so bad because the Pacers are well run and put a competitive team on the floor almost every season.   So they are not going to get the top 10 draft picks and it is fairly rare for a superstar player to be taken as far down as 15.   Tanking works, but I don't think I want the team I like to do it.   That leaves me with a team that has very little chance of being a legitimate championship team.   We just have to hope that at some time, a player wants to be the big fish in a small pond and sees the Pacers as a good team that is one top notch player away from contention.   

Yeah Miller was great no doubt. Regarding Leonard, it isn't often you nail a 15th pick like that. We let him go though. Paul George was even at #10. That shows stars can be drafted in the NBA from 10 and on. Reggie went at #11 in 1987.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

Regarding where Reggie ranks all-time, it is tough. I have my top 20 nailed down pretty much but after that it gets real tough to rank these guys. A lot of them have their different strengths and weaknesses. The players in the top 20 have very little weakness and are all elite great.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Miller was great no doubt. Regarding Leonard, it isn't often you nail a 15th pick like that. We let him go though. Paul George was even at #10. That shows stars can be drafted in the NBA from 10 and on. Reggie went at #11 in 1987.

I agree.   you can find superstars outside the top top 10.   It's just must harder.   Even the 2 you mentioned (Reggie and George) were lottery picks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Toronto needed to go up 2-0 against this team, their hope just fell off the Grand Canyon. guy GIF This is Toronto right now lmao 

Bahahaha! Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Boogie was HUGE tonight. But ultimately is KD and Klay are out.. it's really gonna be done! There is no way.. that box and one they did to the dubs was really tough on them. 

18 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Bahahaha! Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Boogie was HUGE tonight. But ultimately is KD and Klay are out.. it's really gonna be done! There is no way.. that box and one they did to the dubs was really tough on them. 

So what about Boogie.   Would the Pacers have a shot to sign him?