Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you should never lose a 6 point lead with under 3 minutes to go. If they do not win the championship they will remember this game for the rest of their lives. They were as close as you can get. Warriors can win Game 6 without Durant being at home and Game 7's are always up in the air. 

Disagree with you here.  A 6 point lead with less than 3 mins is nothing in today's NBA, especially when you're playing 2 of the greatest shooters of all time.  No reason for the Raps to have felt it was in the bag at that point.  I have no idea why Nurse called a timeout there and killed their momentum.

I don't see the Warriors winning game 6.  No KD, so their offense has to come from 2 guys since no one else can score.  Boogie can barely jump.  Raps also had some uncharacteristically poor performances in game 5 (Siakam and Danny Green were both 0/4 from 3, Kawhi had several turnovers and had a very average game until the 4th quarter), and I don't see those poor performances repeating.  The Warriors also had KD to give them a huge boost and he won't be back for game 6, and Iguodala and Draymond were making 3s, which doesn't happen often.  Too many things went the right way for the Warriors and the wrong way for the Raps, but the game was still close.  It would have been nice to see the Raps win it at home, but I definitely think they can win game 6.

KD earned some respect for playing when he had allot to lose with an injury.    Well, maybe not allot, but potentially some.   If he said he was OK to play and the Dr's said he was cleared, I can't blame the Warriors for playing him.   They have paid him millions and were down 1-3 in the finals.   All in.   He helped them win the game and extend the series.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

KD earned some respect for playing when he had allot to lose with an injury.    Well, maybe not allot, but potentially some.   If he said he was OK to play and the Dr's said he was cleared, I can't blame the Warriors for playing him.   They have paid him millions and were down 1-3 in the finals.   All in.   He helped them win the game and extend the series.  

I feel like he was pushed into playing.  I don't think he was fully cleared, but I think he was kinda pushed into playing by the doctors/coaches/whoever else.  They said they weren't concerned about long term injury, but we saw how that turned out.

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Disagree with you here.  A 6 point lead with less than 3 mins is nothing in today's NBA, especially when you're playing 2 of the greatest shooters of all time.  No reason for the Raps to have felt it was in the bag at that point.  I have no idea why Nurse called a timeout there and killed their momentum.

I don't see the Warriors winning game 6.  No KD, so their offense has to come from 2 guys since no one else can score.  Boogie can barely jump.  Raps also had some uncharacteristically poor performances in game 5 (Siakam and Danny Green were both 0/4 from 3, Kawhi had several turnovers and had a very average game until the 4th quarter), and I don't see those poor performances repeating.  The Warriors also had KD to give them a huge boost and he won't be back for game 6, and Iguodala and Draymond were making 3s, which doesn't happen often.  Too many things went the right way for the Warriors and the wrong way for the Raps, but the game was still close.  It would have been nice to see the Raps win it at home, but I definitely think they can win game 6.

I don't know. The Warriors won Game 2 at Toronto without Durant. Raptors should win now since Durant is definitely out but I see this going 7. I have a feeling Green will step up big in Game 6 and give them 17-20 points. If Curry goes for 35 which he is very capable and Klay 25 that is around 80 points just from those 3 guys.

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I feel like he was pushed into playing.  I don't think he was fully cleared, but I think he was kinda pushed into playing by the doctors/coaches/whoever else.  They said they weren't concerned about long term injury, but we saw how that turned out.

Are you basing that on anything or just your guess?    Either way is fine because guesses is all we have.   I suspect the team and Durant rushed it a bit, but I don't blame them.  It's the finals.   They were down 1-3.   This is why the player plays and the team spends millions on a player.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know. The Warriors won Game 2 at Toronto without Durant. Raptors should win now since Durant is definitely out but I see this going 7. I have a feeling Green will step up big in Game 6 and give them 17-20 points. If Curry goes for 35 which he is very capable and Klay 25 that is around 80 points just from those 3 guys.

I don't think there's any chance Draymond gets 17-20 points.  I think there's a better chance he gets a technical and gets suspended for game 7 (if it goes that far) than of him getting 17-20.  Curry and Klay can go off at any time, but Toronto's defense should be much better.  They made a lot of sloppy errors in game 5.  The combination of Kawhi, Siakam, Danny Green, Van Vleet, and even Lowry can be enough of a defensive counter to Curry and Klay.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Are you basing that on anything or just your guess?    Either way is fine because guesses is all we have.   I suspect the team and Durant rushed it a bit, but I don't blame them.  It's the finals.   They were down 1-3.   This is why the player plays and the team spends millions on a player.  

Yeah, it's complete speculation on my part.  I do blame them for rushing him, though.  A popped Achilles could have severe long-lasting effects and could affect him for the rest of his career.  The Warriors risked the long term health of one of the greatest players the world has ever seen out of desperation.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't think there's any chance Draymond gets 17-20 points.  I think there's a better chance he gets a technical and gets suspended for game 7 (if it goes that far) than of him getting 17-20.  Curry and Klay can go off at any time, but Toronto's defense should be much better.  They made a lot of sloppy errors in game 5.  The combination of Kawhi, Siakam, Danny Green, Van Vleet, and even Lowry can be enough of a defensive counter to Curry and Klay.

Yeah, it's complete speculation on my part.  I do blame them for rushing him, though.  A popped Achilles could have severe long-lasting effects and could affect him for the rest of his career.  The Warriors risked the long term health of one of the greatest players the world has ever seen out of desperation.

I hope you are right because I want Toronto to win this. I just do not put nothing past these Warriors with Curry, Klay, and Green on the floor. Especially after what I seen on Monday too. Iggy is another guy just out of the blue that could hit 3 or 4 3's and have you scratching your head. They been to the Finals 5 years in a row. Toronto needs to wrap this up in 6.

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's what they paid him millions for.  If the Dr. Ok's him and he says he is good to go, they have purchased the right to play him.  

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, MTC said:

Pacers had a pre-draft solo workout session with Luka Šamanić. 

I don't think I've ever recalled a solo workout before with a draft prospect. Possible target at 18?

Reading about him he's interesting..6-foot-10.....

….just 19 years old....not strong at all but mobile..can shoot..

..a gamble..but by the time he's 21 or 22...could pay off

5 hours ago, Myles said:

That's what they paid him millions for.  If the Dr. Ok's him and he says he is good to go, they have purchased the right to play him.  

I totally agree.....and probably Durant wanted to play..

Nobody forced him...

You get hurt when you get older but in the finals? You play

• Like 1

With the day approaching..Im reading nothing that even suggests that Kemba Walker will come to Indianapolis..

The Lakers want him...

Lonzo would go to New Orleans as part of the Anthony Davis deal.

Just talk.....

I am reading that Pacers are trying to resign Bogdonavic and Thad Young which indicates that a big money acquisition is unlikely..

I;m reading a lot about the Pacers and Mike Conley but who would we trade

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

thank God stupid Raptors tried to choke and the refs were absolute garbage 

Not to take anything away from the Raptors and I am glad they won by the way but had Durant and Klay been healthy they would not of won this series. If Klay doesn't go out tonight, it goes 7 IMO. Raptors are very fortunate but a championship is a championship no matter how you look at it. Nice to see someone new win it, it is refreshing. LeBron is probably thinking, damn why couldn't of the Warriors had all of these injuries last season haha . Poor LeBron lmao 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to take anything away from the Raptors and I am glad they won by the way but had Durant and Klay been healthy they would not of won this series. If Klay doesn't go out tonight, it goes 7 IMO. Raptors are very fortunate but a championship is a championship no matter how you look at it. Nice to see someone new win it, it is refreshing. LeBron is probably thinking, damn why couldn't of the Warriors had all of these injuries last season haha . Poor LeBron lmao 

well saying they lose if Durant plays is true for any team they play with Durant they are a stupid over stacked team that shouldn't exist. I dont feel bad that they lost they beat injured teams to win rings too but they also did it with the most stacked team ever 

• Like 1

One last note, this is great for the NBA because most people thought it was a foregone conclusion that the Warriors would win it all again and 3-Peat. Only teams to 3-Peat since the ABA/NBA merger going into the 1977 Season are:

1991-93 Bulls led by Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Paxson

1996-98 Bulls led by Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc

2000-2002 Lakers led by Shaq, Kobe, Horry, Fish

One thing all of these teams had in common was Phil Jackson was the Coach! I guess Phil is the master of the 3-Peat.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I've thought about this and I think that's just a consequence of how they built their team.  When you have to pay so many stars big money, you don't have the money for a deep roster. The consequence is that you don't have cap room to sign depth.  So in the event your players get injured, you don't have the bench to keep up.  You see it all the time in all the sports.  I don't think the Warriors can use injuries as an excuse.  Every team faces injuries at various points during the season; the key to sustained winning is having a deep roster with talent that can step up, which is much more difficult to do with a top-heavy roster like the Warriors have

21 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I've thought about this and I think that's just a consequence of how they built their team.  When you have to pay so many stars big money, you don't have the money for a deep roster. The consequence is that you don't have cap room to sign depth.  So in the event your players get injured, you don't have the bench to keep up.  You see it all the time in all the sports.  I don't think the Warriors can use injuries as an excuse.  Every team faces injuries at various points during the season; the key to sustained winning is having a deep roster with talent that can step up, which is much more difficult to do with a top-heavy roster like the Warriors have

I am happy for the Raptors, you called it and said they would win Game 6. Green did score 11 but not 17 like I predicted, I was close. I knew he would be in double figures. Had he scored 17 Warriors win lol. Green had a TDB though and Iggy had 22 on some of Green's assists. The Klay injury was simply deflating. Hats off to Leonard and his team. Leonard is a special all-time player.

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The odds of 2, not just 1 Superstar player, going down to injury are typically low for most top heavy rosters though. I personally was happy the Warriors lost. Now, if Kawahi Leonard goes to the Warriors, I will stop watching basketball. :) 

I know, I know, times are different, Malone or Ewing can join Jordan if they want to, now. But it has never sat well with me, Durant going to a 73 win team. I want the Warriors to win it without Durant like they did before for me to like them again. Durant will opt in to the player option and use it to rehab, so be it. Klay is who the Warriors should be most concerned about, IMO.

I wouldn't mind both Kawahi and Anthony Davis on the same team though, like the Clippers, make a new Super team and see what happens, send LeBron into obscurity and retirement eventually. I can only wish. :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The odds of 2, not just 1 Superstar player, going down to injury are typically low for most top heavy rosters though. I personally was happy the Warriors lost. Now, if Kawahi Leonard goes to the Warriors, I will stop watching basketball. :) 

I know, I know, times are different, Malone or Ewing can join Jordan if they want to, now. But it has never sat well with me, Durant going to a 73 win team. I want the Warriors to win it without Durant like they did before for me to like them again. Durant will opt in to the player option and use it to rehab, so be it. Klay is who the Warriors should be most concerned about, IMO.

I wouldn't mind both Kawahi and Anthony Davis on the same team though, like the Clippers, make a new Super team and see what happens, send LeBron into obscurity and retirement eventually. I can only wish. :) 

I'm obviously biased, but I would like to see Kawhi re-sign in Toronto and then the Raps make a trade for Anthony Davis.  I'd also love to see Anthony Davis in Indy alongside Oladipo, but I can't see that happening.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think Leonard stays with the Raptors now and AD gets traded to the Lakers. 

• Like 1

I can't stand LeBron but he is a top 4-7 player of all-time, that is common sense. Only IMO Jordan, Magic, Kareem were clearly better. Wilt, Russell, Shaq, Kobe, Bird is debatable to being better than Bron.  Imagine if LeBron gets AD and the Lakers get another Superstar on top of that? LeBron still has 2 more great years left IMO. I still have a funky feeling that LeBron gets 1 more championship. I would bet on it. I would also bet on AD going to LA. 

People will ask me, why do you dislike LeBron? Here is my answer - Because he left the Cavs in his prime to join a super team with Wade and Bosh in Miami. I was so disappointed in him for doing so. I loved him before he pulled that crap. He took the easy way out to win championships because he knew Wade is a top 25 player ever and clutch. Let me ask the younger generation this, where would you rank Karl Malone all-time had he teamed up with Jordan and won 2 or 3 championships? Karl is the 2nd all-time leading scorer in NBA history. How about Reggie? He stayed with the Pacers but could've ring chased. Reggie is what a top 40 player of all-time by most people opinions in here but has 0 championships.

the reports are the nets are expected to be interested in Durant Harris and Butler plus are pretty much a lock to sign Kyrie. that should give the Pacers a really good shot at Dlo cause the nets wouldnt be able to match our offer. hopefully the jazz and celtics fight over Conley and we can steal Russell lol

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to take anything away from the Raptors and I am glad they won by the way but had Durant and Klay been healthy they would not of won this series.

That's how I look at it..

Its over for GSW because they wont have Durant or Klay next season (nobody will)

I would have liked to have seen some one beat them at full strength

Its like the Bulls in the 90s..Nobody beat them at full strength...

• Like 1

You may have seen the rumor that San Antonio trades us DeMar DeRozen for Bogan Bogdonavic and Doug McDermott.

Bogdonavic goes on a sign-and-trade to match salaries.

DeRozen has 2 years left on his deal at $27 mil..he averaged 21 a game for the Spurs....For his career..he averages 19 a game

DeRozen and Bogdonavic are virtually the same age.

DeRozen would play the win..guard-small forward with Vic

Holiday would move into the starting lineup.

better defense..in DeRozen..but he's a mid-range shooter..not a 3-shooter

What do you think?

Edited by oldunclemark

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

the reports are the nets are expected to be interested in Durant Harris and Butler plus are pretty much a lock to sign Kyrie. that should give the Pacers a really good shot at Dlo cause the nets wouldnt be able to match our offer. hopefully the jazz and celtics fight over Conley and we can steal Russell lol

Russell would be a huge signing for the Pacers. I'd be in favor of that. I think the Pacers need to find a way to improve the top of the roster if they want to have a shot at being a serious contender in the East. Russell is probably their best bet to do that.

I'm pretty sure Herb Simon has been against going after restricted free agents though. Things can always change but I'm pretty sure he hasn't allowed the team to do that in the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You may have seen the rumor that San Antonio trades us DeMar DeRozen for Bogan Bogdonavic and Doug McDermott.

Bogdonavic goes on a sign-and-trade to match salaries.

DeRozen has 2 years left on his deal at $27 mil..he averaged 21 a game for the Spurs....For his career..he averages 19 a game

DeRozen and Bogdonavic are virtually the same age.

DeRozen would play the win..guard-small forward with Vic

Holiday would move into the starting lineup.

better defense..in DeRozen..but he's a mid-range shooter..not a 3-shooter

What do you think?

I like DeRozen and I think he would certainly be better than losing Bogan for nothing. I don't think he makes the Pacers any better or worse in the grand scheme of things though.

i think KL and Durant will stay where they are for at least one more year

Lakers need to make a big move, and i bet they will pull it off

Pacers need to do something besides just bring everyone back, but what?

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

AD has been traded to the Lakers. 

Thanks for the heads up. I called this a long time ago. The Lakers traded them Ball, Ingram, Hart, and the #4 pick. The fact they were able to keep Kuzma is amazing. To me Kuzma is their best young player. Now the Lakers have LeBron, AD, and Kuzma + a ton of cap space to get another good to great player. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the heads up. I called this a long time ago. The Lakers traded them Ball, Ingram, Hart, and the #4 pick. The fact they were able to keep Kuzma is amazing. To me Kuzma is their best young player. Now the Lakers have LeBron, AD, and Kuzma + a ton of cap space to get another good to great player. 

Gonna get Kemba Walker or Kyrie next IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Pelicans also got two additional future first round picks.

Even without Kuzma I think that's a pretty nice get. Adding those guys with Zion gives them some nice young players to move forward with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ar7 said:

The Pelicans also got two additional future first round picks.

Even without Kuzma I think that's a pretty nice get. Adding those guys with Zion gives them some nice young players to move forward with.

I think it is a great trade for both teams. I am surprised that the Pels didn't demand Kuzma though. Ingram had health issues with the blood clots so that is a bit scary. They had to get something for AD otherwise he leaves and they get nothing. Ainge wasn't giving up Tatum.

• Like 2