Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't know CBE...have you heard David Griffin, the new GM...His No,1 goal is to get Anthony Davis to resign..

If Zion is a superstar, then NOLA has two super stars under contract ( and Holiday is a near-star)...and you know what we say about what you need to contend

Remember that Davis 'burned bridges" with the old management, not Griffin

Do you take this chance when AD could potentially leave following the next season? I'm not sure I can risk that without a sure answer from AD that he will re-sign. If you don't get anything for him you are setting the franchise back.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

From what Im seeing RJ Barret is as god a  Morant.

That was Memphis could keep Conley who is a hero to that franchise

I could see Memphis keeping Conley and trying to add a piece like Barret or Bol Bol to try and make the playoffs next year.

However, RJ Barrett is not just as good as Ja Morant. It's really not even close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

You are the first to suggest that Zion will bust.

You could be right.

But if you are New Orleans.....you have Davis and Holiday and Williamson under contract for next season.

Why do anything before the all-star break

You have a point about Griffin being there now but he still burned bridges with the fans too by the way he acted. It just be weird if Davis stayed now.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Do you take this chance when AD could potentially leave following the next season. I'm not sure I can risk that without a sure answer from AD that he will re-sign. If you don't get anything for him you are setting the franchise back.

You can risk Davis leaving. You actually can

How many chances down NOLA get to contend?

If you can start Anthony Davis at center, Zion Williamson at forward and Jrue Holiday at guard.

To me? Ride with that.  What if Williamson averages 20 and 10 and fills your building?

See where it goes.

At the all-star break re-evaluate.

Again: How many chances does NOLA get to really contend?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have a point about Griffin being there now but he still burned bridges with the fans too by the way he acted. It just be weird if Davis stayed now.

True....I guess I'm just saying they don't have to make ANY Move until the trade deadline.

By that time we'll all know if Zion is the 'Lord of the Rings' or just Ant Man

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You are the first to suggest that Zion will bust.

You could be right.

But if you are New Orleans.....you have Davis and Holiday and Williamson under contract for next season.

Why do anything before the all-star break

NO is a huge beneficiary of this draft from every angle. They really can't lose at this point. Either they keep Davis and have a nice big 3 with depth, or they trade Davis and build around an impressive young core of players with Holiday. They are in the drivers seat with Zion on their team right now.

• Like 2

By the way...just 77-71 GSW staring the 4th..GSW seems to going at 3/4 speed

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

NO is a huge beneficiary of this draft from every angle. They really can't lose at this point. Either they keep Davis and have a nice big 3 with depth, or they trade Davis and build around an impressive young core of players with Holiday. They are in the drivers seat with Zion on their team right now.

Good point. They actually cant lose either way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can risk Davis leaving. You actually can

How many chances down NOLA get to contend?

If you can start Anthony Davis at center, Zion Williamson at forward and Jrue Holiday at guard.

To me? Ride with that.  What if Williamson averages 20 and 10 and fills your building?

See where it goes.

At the all-star break re-evaluate.

Again: How many chances does NOLA get to really contend?

I can see them trying this but I would not take this risk. Even if you wait until the all-star break you are dramatically decreasing the haul you could have gotten if you trade him at the start of free agency this summer. 

Even with AD I'm not sure how far this team is going to go. I don't know if Zion is going to immediately light up the league like everybody is expecting and I'm not sure about the fit of him and Julius Randle on the same team.

I certainly can see why the Pelicans would do all they can to keep AD, but they are playing with fire. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people have Barrett rated the 3rd best player behind Zion and Morant. Morant will be a great Pro IMO, he was getting Triple Doubles last year and did average 10 assists a game along with 24.5 points a game.

Hes the best PG prospect since Wall IMO.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

it would be so hard being a fan of a team with the best odds just to watch you team get the top pick stolen by someone so far below you 

The lottery system is stupid and ridiculous, IMO. Don't know why anybody likes it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I can see them trying this but I would not take this risk. Even if you wait until the all-star break you are dramatically decreasing the haul you could have gotten if you trade him at the start of free agency this summer. 

Even with AD I'm not sure how far this team is going to go. I don't know if Zion is going to immediately light up the league like everybody is expecting and I'm not sure about the fit of him and Julius Randle on the same team.

I certainly can see why the Pelicans would do all they can to keep AD, but they are playing with fire. 

agreed....but if they gamble and win....it will be Mardi Gras in May next year

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Lets say hypothetically the Pelicans trade Davis to LA for Ingram, Kuzma, and the #4. The Pelicans would have a young nucleus for years in Randle, Zion, Kuzma, Ingram, and Holiday + whoever the #4 is. The Lakers would get Davis to pair with LeBron and Lonzo + whoever else they get in FAgency. A win win for both teams.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lebron, Davis, Top FA+decent remaining Lakers team would bring a championship IMO. GS is done after this year. It'll be Lebron's conference for a 2-3 year period. As I said, Zion may bust and he has to acclimate to the NBA.

Zion may bust but I think he's going to be really good. Probably the closest thing to LeBron since LeBron came out. Hes built like a tank and has crazy athleticism. I'd be pretty shocked if he ended up not that good (barring maybe significant injuries of course)

Btw my post doesn't really have anything to do with how he would be with AD. Just my thoughts on him as a player

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I could see Memphis keeping Conley and trying to add a piece like Barret or Bol Bol to try and make the playoffs next year.

However, RJ Barrett is not just as good as Ja Morant. It's really not even close.

Morant is a beast and is better than Barrett but I wouldn't sell Barrett short. There were games this year when he outplayed Zion. Hes pretty dang good.

I think both will make their NBA teams happy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Zion may bust but I think he's going to be really good. Probably the closest thing to LeBron since LeBron came out. Hes built like a tank and has crazy athleticism. I'd be pretty shocked if he ended up not that good (barring maybe significant injuries of course)

Btw my post doesn't really have anything to do with how he would be with AD. Just my thoughts on him as a player

I think Zion will be a Superstar. When it's all said done he will be mentioned in with this generation's of greats IMO. As in LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Wade, Durant, and Curry, etc.. I think he will be that great. I also think Morant will be a Superstar too but not as great as Zion.

Zion reminds me of Charles Barkley.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Zion will be a Superstar. When it's all said done he will be mentioned in with this generation's of greats IMO. As in LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, Wade, Durant, and Curry, etc.. I think he will be that great. I also think Morant will be a Superstar too but not as great as Zion.

I agree on Zion. He will be able to get to the rim with ease even in the NBA because hes built like a tank. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree on Zion. He will be able to get to the rim with ease even in the NBA because hes built like a tank. 

I think he can be a small forward or a 'small ball' power forward.

His 3-shooting is suspect and he's never guarded people like he'll see in the NBA

But he'll score and he'll rebound

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah reminds me of a taller Charles Barkley. Very scary.

with less Crispy Cremes

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

His 3-shooting is suspect and he's never guarded people like he'll see in the NBA

Yup 3 point shot is the only thing close to a weakness he has. But hell LeBron isn't a great 3 point shooter either and he does pretty good I'd say.

• Like 2

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

GSW are missing Durant but its crazy how overshadowed that they are without DeMarcus Cousins too. He would be the best player on probably 20 NBA teams himself.

Not even right the talent they have.

Cousins is interesting because he doesn't fit GSW at all.

Where will he be next season.

If Davis leaves NOLA could Cousins go back there?

• Like 1

with less Crispy Cremes

Yeah Barkley was pudgy haha . He was like a bowling ball out of college though.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

GAME ONE: GSW 116, Portland 94 - FINAL

I swear GSW is better on offense sometimes when Durant doesn't play

They can win it all without Durant, sad really.

• Like 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Yup 3 point shot is the only thing close to a weakness he has. But hell LeBron isn't a great 3 point shooter either and he does pretty good I'd say.

True words. And Zion is a better shooter than Ben Simmons.

(but then you and I are, too) :hat:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The lottery system is stupid and ridiculous, IMO. Don't know why anybody likes it.

I'm torn on it.   In the NBA draft, more than any other sport, the players at the first 1-4 spots are more of a sure thing.  At least the lottery could combat tanking a bit.   Imagine how high the value in losing games at the end of the season would be if 3 teams were all close to having the worst record in the league.  

On 5/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, oldunclemark said:

GAME ONE: GSW 116, Portland 94 - FINAL

I swear GSW is better on offense sometimes when Durant doesn't play

Curry is 27-1 in the last 28 games he’s played without Durant 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Curry is 27-1 in the last 28 games he’s played without Durant 

This Warriors team may be the best of all-time. The 1987/1988 Lakers and the 1996 Bulls will always be regarded as that but I smell a 3-Peat coming. No team has 3-Peated since the Kobe/Shaq Lakers in 2002.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NorthernBlue, huge win tonight. Whoever wins Game 4 will win the series IMO. I had Raps in 7.

That was a great game..but Kawhi has to do everything.

Whatever happened to Fred Van Fleet??

1 of 11??

14 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'll go the Bucks in 5

I thought Toronto had the better team but after 3 games, I have not seen that