Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

the pacers are one of 4 teams interested in D'Angelo Russell. now this I can get behind!!!

Considering Aaron Holiday is the only PG under contract on the Pacers roster, Russell would definitely be needed. However, Bogy and Thad are also not under contract which leaves the Pacers with a bunch of holes in the roster. Vic is the only 2 guard on the roster. McDermitt getting 7.3MIL/yr doesn't help either since his production doesn't really match what he's being paid, and he would be the starter at the 3. TJ Leaf and Alize Johnson are the only PF's on the roster, but hey we look good with Turner and Sabonis at center /sarcasm.

The starting 5 could end up looking ok, but the depth is going to take a huge hit, because I doubt they can get Thad, Bogy, and Cory back for a decent price. 

So, with Russell wanting in excess of 25MIL/yr, and with the huge holes the roster has, I doubt the Pacers make a strong push for him. 

26 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Considering Aaron Holiday is the only PG under contract on the Pacers roster, Russell would definitely be needed. However, Bogy and Thad are also not under contract which leaves the Pacers with a bunch of holes in the roster. Vic is the only 2 guard on the roster. McDermitt getting 7.3MIL/yr doesn't help either since his production doesn't really match what he's being paid, and he would be the starter at the 3. TJ Leaf and Alize Johnson are the only PF's on the roster, but hey we look good with Turner and Sabonis at center /sarcasm.

The starting 5 could end up looking ok, but the depth is going to take a huge hit, because I doubt they can get Thad, Bogy, and Cory back for a decent price. 

So, with Russell wanting in excess of 25MIL/yr, and with the huge holes the roster has, I doubt the Pacers make a strong push for him. 

honestly we prolly just re up everyone and get eliminated in the 1st round again next year 

19 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It probably needs to be remembered that DeAngelo is not a free agent.

He's a restricted free agent.

Brooklyn can match any offer anybody makes.

So if Brooklyn does not sign Kyrie Irving, I don't see anyone getting Russell out of Brooklyn.

We can go over the cap to resign Young and Bogdonavic AFTER we sign a free agent and if we don't sign a major free agent, we wont have to,

Those 2 wont get a max offer from anybody and they have staring roles here as opposed to backup roles else where

We do have an option of bringing the same team back minus Tyreke Evans  and Wes Matthews.

Collison is worth more to us than he is to anyone else and I would resign Joseph under any circumstances (assuming his pay stays the same) because if his defensive ability.

We don't really have a lot of holes

What about Aaron Holiday's other brother Justin?

Just turned 30.

Last year: 10.5 per game...34% on 3s..89% on the line

A decent defender..a '3 and D' guy

He is a free agent who made just $5.7 last year

Of course Patrick Beverly is also 30.....and a free agent

I would offer him a chance to start and about $12-$15 mil and see what he says

Edited by oldunclemark

4 hours ago, Myles said:

He's not horrible.  This team is destined for an early playoff exit again.

He's not good...every team targets him in pick ad roll.

We have 2 centers better than Cousins defensively

Sabonis and Turner aren't horrible either..

..and I would hesitate to predict next season's 'early playoff exit' until we fijnd out who is going to be on our team next year.:agree:

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

GAME 3: Toronto 111, GSW 96  5:00 to go.

As much as I dislike how Golden State plays the game....

...I dont like seeing them lose because their key players are hurt.....

Its a lose-lose finals so far

The same thing is happening to the Warriors that happened to the 1989 Lakers. The Lakers were going for a 3-Peat that season and Magic tore a groin in Game 1 and Byron Scott couldn't play at all due to a pulled hamstring injury that he suffered in the WCFinals. Lakers still won 5 Titles that decade but due to injuries to Magic and Scott, they had no chance to 3-Peat against a great Detroit team. Without Durant that made it interesting but without Klay and Durant this looks like it is the Raptors to lose.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The same thing is happening to the Warriors that happened to the 1989 Lakers. The Lakers were going for a 3-Peat that season and Magic tore a groin in Game 1 and Byron Scott couldn't play at all due to a pulled hamstring injury that he suffered in the WCFinals. Lakers still won 5 Titles that decade but due to injuries to Magic and Scott, they had no chance to 3-Peat against a great Detroit team. Without Durant that made it interesting but without Klay and Durant this looks like it is the Raptors to lose.

I know the season is long..and all that...

But I feel cheated that the 'real GSW' isn't getting a chance to defend the title..

Durant wasnt a part of the first title team but Klay was a major part.

Again..GSW is an older team././.all their stars are 30 or over....excuse?,,,, maybe.

…...but Toronto is beating half the GSW bench

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I know the season is long..and all that...

But I feel cheated that the 'real GSW' isn't getting a chance to defend the title..

Durant wasnt a part of the first title team but Klay was a major part.

Again..GSW is an older team././.all their stars are 30 or over....excuse?,,,, maybe.

…...but Toronto is beating half the GSW bench

Yeah back in the 80's I liked the Lakers and felt cheated that they did not have a chance to go for that 3-Peat due to Magic getting injured. Magic never got injured but did in Game 1. It was over after that. It was already bad enough that Scott was out who was their best 3 point shooter. Missing Durant and Klay may be too much for the Warriors to overcome. 

• Like 1

..to be fair...Draymond and Klay are 29....almost 30....

..and GSW won the finals when Cleveland didn't have Love or Irving....

...Its part of the game but I still don't like it.

Its like the women's college national final....

I dont want to see a team lose because top players cant go.

Wonder how the Bucks feel about now?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

It probably needs to be remembered that DeAngelo is not a free agent.

He's a restricted free agent.

Brooklyn can match any offer anybody makes.

So if Brooklyn does not sign Kyrie Irving, I don't see anyone getting Russell out of Brooklyn.

We can go over the cap to resign Young and Bogdonavic AFTER we sign a free agent and if we don't sign a major free agent, we wont have to,

Those 2 wont get a max offer from anybody and they have staring roles here as opposed to backup roles else where

We do have an option of bringing the same team back minus Tyreke Evans  and Wes Matthews.

Collison is worth more to us than he is to anyone else and I would resign Joseph under any circumstances (assuming his pay stays the same) because if his defensive ability.

Well considering NONE of them are on the roster currently, yes, the team is full of holes. I'd like to see Thad and Bogy back, but I wouldn't be surprised if both moved on. 3

And as mentioned in the above post, the McDermitt contract is a thorn in the Pacers side right now. That 7.3MIL could be used a lot better.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..to be fair...Draymond and Klay are 29....almost 30....

..and GSW won the finals when Cleveland didn't have Love or Irving....

...Its part of the game but I still don't like it.

Its like the women's college national final....

I dont want to see a team lose because top players cant go.

Wonder how the Bucks feel about now?

Injuries are a part of the game. Yeah as fans we get cheated when the full rosters of each team aren't out there but if the Raptors win, they still deserve it IMO.

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Well considering NONE of them are on the roster currently, yes, the team is full of holes. I'd like to see Thad and Bogy back, but I wouldn't be surprised if both moved on. 3

I am assuming they will both be back...especially Bogdonavic.

There is no reason to assume we wont resign him. Not yet

But if we're being that literal. This is the off-season. .

Free agency has not yet begun.....The only players we've lost is Tyreke

I think we can agree that we'll sign a half dozen players that we don't now have to fill the roster, right?.

Regarding the Pacers, people tend to forget we were on pace to win 54 games before Oladipo got injured. Our chemistry is still better than what the Sixers and Celtics have. That would've gave us a 3rd seed and we most definitely would've won a series. We need to bring back Bogey and Thad for sure and just keep Dipo healthy. Saboins and Turner both are good players. Hopefully we draft a gem in the draft?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Injuries are a part of the game. Yeah as fans we get cheated when the full rosters of each team aren't out there but if the Raptors win, they still deserve it IMO.

Sure. Deserve it or not. Winners are the winners.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the Pacers, people tend to forget we were on pace to win 54 games before Oladipo got injured. Our chemistry is still better than what the Sixers and Celtics have. That would've gave us a 3rd seed and we most definitely would've won a series. We need to bring back Bogey and Thad for sure and just keep Dipo healthy. Saboins and Turner both are good players. Hopefully we draft a gem in the draft?

I guess that's what I'm hinting.

Lets say we don't get Kemba and we don't get Conley . Or Rubio. or DeAngelo

Holiday replaces Tyreke, we resign Collison and Cory Joseph and we take another ride around the ranch.  Our G-league guys move up and we make a run.

What's the downside of that.. 2 year deals for Bogdonavic, Thad Young, Collison and Cory Joseph...taking them to the end of Vic's deal

We draft at 18.....even if we win 48 games again..

We're still in the Top-4

The rest of the East will change..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess that's what I'm hinting.

Lets say we don't get Kemba and we don't get Conley . Or Rubio. or DeAngelo

Holiday replaces Tyreke, we resign Collison and Cory Joseph and we take another ride around the ranch.  Our G-league guys move up and we make a run.

What's the downside of that.. 2 year deals for Bogdonavic, Thad Young, Collison and Cory Joseph...taking them to the end of Vic's deal

We draft at 18.....even if we win 48 games again..

We're still in the Top-4

The rest of the East will change..

We still have no idea what Leonard will do in the offseason either? If he leaves the Raptors will be a non factor. Boston's chemistry is a mess as well. They swept us but every game was close and had we had Oladipo I am not buying they would've beat us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We still have no idea what Leonard will do in the offseason either? If he leaves the Raptors will be a non factor. Boston's chemistry is a mess as well. They swept us but every game was close and had we had Oladipo I ma not buying they would've beat us.

I'm reading that Kyrie is gone from Boston....

Philadelphia has to resign Jimmy Butler and I dont think he's interested..

….and like you say...anybody who is sure what Kawhi will do is pretending.

Nobody knows..and Toronto is the Pistons without him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm reading that Kyrie is gone from Boston....

Philadelphia has to resign Jimmy Butler and I dont think he's interested..

….and like you say...anybody who is sure what Kawhi will do is pretending.

Nobody knows..and Toronto is the Pistons without him

Also the Bucks could lose Lopez too. He played good for them.

I feel like the Pacers' priority will be to re-sign Bogdanovic. I'm not sure that they'll re-sign Thad. I would love to have Thad back because of everything that he brings (minus a jumper) however, I believe that he'll aim to get one more "big" contract before his age starts to diminish his value. Whether or not the Pacers will give him this contract remains to be seen.

Also, just a personal opinion here, I would not at all mind seeing Darren Collison gone next year.

CoJo kinda fizzled out (shooting-wise) from pretty much the middle season on, but I would like to see him back for defensive purposes.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, Shinobi said:

I feel like the Pacers' priority will be to re-sign Bogdanovic. I'm not sure that they'll re-sign Thad. I would love to have Thad back because of everything that he brings (minus a jumper) however, I believe that he'll aim to get one more "big" contract before his age starts to diminish his value. Whether or not the Pacers will give him this contract remains to be seen.

Also, just a personal opinion here, I would not at all mind seeing Darren Collison gone next year.

CoJo kinda fizzled out (shooting-wise) from pretty much the middle season on, but I would like to see him back for defensive purposes.

We do need an upgrade at PG. I would focus on bringing back Bogey no doubt.

@NorthernBlue, you partying yet? 1 more win my friend.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We do need an upgrade at PG. I would focus on bringing back Bogey no doubt.

@NorthernBlue, you partying yet? 1 more win my friend.

No parties for me sir nope nope nope I've seen the Raptors do some DUMB stuff in the playoffs before 

Either way I'm heading to jurassic for game 5. Planning on getting there at like 1 pm, so hopefully I can get into the main area.

I'm not saying anything yet, but IF they manage to finish this....hooooooooooooooly TO will be live 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

No parties for me sir nope nope nope I've seen the Raptors do some DUMB stuff in the playoffs before 

Either way I'm heading to jurassic for game 5. Planning on getting there at like 1 pm, so hopefully I can get into the main area.

I'm not saying anything yet, but IF they manage to finish this....hooooooooooooooly TO will be live 

Yeah you have had a nice ride as a sports fan if the Raptors get it done. You had the Caps last year and now the Raptors. I have had the Cubs finally win it all in 2016. Time for the Colts do it again now in 2019. 2006/Feb 2007 seems like many moons ago.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you have had a nice ride as a sports fan if the Raptors get it done. You had the Caps last year and now the Raptors. I have had the Cubs finally win it all in 2016. Time for the Colts do it again now in 2019. 2006/Feb 2007 seems like many moons ago.

Oh yeah the caps and raps winning in back to back seasons would be too surreal. Simply the idea of either of them being in a CONFERENCE FINALS seemed silly 3 years ago. How far they’ve come. 

Still got a job to do. One more.

• Like 1

Man ol man, Raptors blew a golden opportunity to win it all tonight. Warriors win 106-105. Lowry could've been the man for the rest of his life in Toronto but no dice! Durant really gave the Warriors a spark early and looked great but he re-injured himself. This series is far from over now though. I do not see the Warriors losing 3 straight home games is why. I think it goes 7 games. 

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

he takes some of the dumbest shots I've ever seen like why the hell is he chucking up 3s when they are up like 6 

Yeah you should never lose a 6 point lead with under 3 minutes to go. If they do not win the championship they will remember this game for the rest of their lives. They were as close as you can get. Warriors can win Game 6 without Durant being at home and Game 7's are always up in the air. 

Warriors hit some huge shots too, I mean 3 3's at the end. They deserve a lot of credit for that. They also played outstanding Defense on that final position. I am sure Kerr told them, anyone but Leonard shooting the ball. They doubled Leonard and Leonard had no choice to pass the ball. Lowry's shot at the end was ugly!

• Like 1

I feel so bad for KD :(.. if he was in the series would've been over. The team looked so much better from just have KD for  1 Qt.. but I think the raps take game 6. The warriors have 3 guys on the court with just no offense most of the game. The raps don't have to gaurd Iggy or Dray.