Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

My takes on the lottery. Of course the Pelicans will take Zion which now means they will trade Davis for sure. Davis is leaving after the 2020 Season no matter what is what I heard on the radio. So they have to get something in return. There is a rumor again that the Lakers could fork out Kuzma, Ingram, but now their #4 pick to the Pelicans for Davis. The Pelicans will want to build around Zion.

The Grizz picking #2 will take Ja Morant IMO which opens the door for them trading Mike Conley because they play the same position. Morant will be their PGuard of the future.

Knicks will take RJ Barrett IMO.

-At least now nobody can say the draft is rigged because the Knicks or Lakers didn't get the #1 pick.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My takes on the lottery. Of course the Pelicans will take Zion which now means they will trade Davis for sure. Davis is leaving after the 2020 Season no matter what is what I heard on the radio. So they have to get something in return. There is a rumor again that the Lakers could fork out Kuzma, Ingram, but now their #4 pick to the Pelicans for Davis. The Pelicans will want to build around Zion.

The Grizz picking #2 will take Ja Morant IMO which opens the door for them trading Mike Conley because they play the same position. Morant will be their PGuard of the future.

-At least now nobody can say the draft is rigged because the Knicks or Lakers didn't get the #1 pick.

Knicks had the best odds to get the no1 pick if I remember right, and the Lakers were supposed to get pick 11. I still think they rigged it for L.A. in case Lebron stays and because it's L.A. Moving from 11 to 4 just seems like it's good luck to the casuals without giving off the rigged vibe. I still think the NBA threw them a bone so they get a solid player.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Knicks had the best odds to get the no1 pick if I remember right, and the Lakers were supposed to get pick 11. I still think they rigged it for L.A. in case Lebron stays and because it's L.A. Moving from 11 to 4 just seems like it's good luck to the casuals without giving off the rigged vibe. I still think the NBA threw them a bone so they get a solid player.

Getting in the Top 2 was critical though because of Zion and Morant. Outside of that the draft is a crapshoot. Lakers getting the #4 does give the Lakers more ammo to trade for Davis, I will give you that.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Grizz might not take a guard...….They might take Barrett...

..and keep Conley...   Memphis loves Conley..

That's a start on a playoff team...

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Jared...This is the first time I see an antidote to tanking..

The teams with the worst record did not get the top pick.

The actual odds don't favor anybody.

Folks say that the lottery is rigged EVERY year....but if it was..the Knicks would get the top pick

It was randomly fair this time. That's actually good for the NBA.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

and you sound like a troll.....stop yourself

I'm a troll cause I like Leonard lol whatever mark 

yet here you are the only one surprised by how good Leonard was. you dont find that the least bit odd??

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Getting in the Top 2 was critical though because of Zion and Morant. Outside of that the draft is a crapshoot. Lakers getting the #4 does give the Lakers more ammo to trade for Davis, I will give you that.

That's a big part of it. Lakers can give the #4 pick and Kuzma maybe for Davis. They have Lebron, Davis, and a big FA to make another run for Lebron. Multiple outlets are calling out the lottery possibly being rigged, so the NBA couldn't gift the Lakers with Zion without major backlash. They still jumped up 7 spots though.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be shocked if they passed on Morant but if they take Barrett then your point is valid.

I don't know how good Morant is...but all I read about Memphis is that Mike Conley is an icon..the epitome of what they want as a player..

They didn't think they'd get the no.2 pick

Isnt Barrett as good as anybody in college

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't know how good Morant is...but all I read about Memphis is that Mike Conley is an icon..the epitome of what they want as a player..

They didn't think they'd get the no.2 pick

Isnt Barrett as good as anybody in college

Most people have Barrett rated the 3rd best player behind Zion and Morant. Morant will be a great Pro IMO, he was getting Triple Doubles last year and did average 10 assists a game along with 24.5 points a game.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's a big part of it. Lakers can give the #4 pick and Kuzma maybe for Davis. They have Lebron, Davis, and a big FA to make another run for Lebron. Multiple outlets are calling out the lottery possibly being rigged, so the NBA couldn't gift the Lakers with Zion without major backlash. They still jumped up 7 spots though.

David Griffin (NOLA GM) is not going to give up Davis for Kuzma and the No. 4.

He will want a lot more...

Not saying the Lakers wont give him more..but Griffin will want 2 or 3 of the Lakers young players AND the No. 4

and what happens to Jrue Holiday at NOLA?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jared...This is the first time I see an antidote to tanking..

The teams with the worst record did not get the top pick.

The actual odds don't favor anybody.

Folks say that the lottery is rigged EVERY year....but if it was..the Knicks would get the top pick

It was randomly fair this time. That's actually good for the NBA.

The only time I remember the Knicks getting a rigged pick is Patrick Ewing. The Pelicans were a bit random at 1, but the real story is the Lakers were "lucky" enough to move up from 11 to 4. That will allow them to get Davis for Lebron, and start another superteam with him (which the NBA loves for ratings and because they want Lebron to be better than Jordan).

David Griffin (NOLA GM) is not going to give up Davis for Kuzma and the No. 4.

He will want a lot more...

Not saying the Lakers wont give him more..but Griffin will want 2 or 3 of the Lakers young players AND the No. 4

and what happens to Jrue Holiday at NOLA?

They'll build around Holiday, Zion, Kuzma, and the no4 pick. Very good core.

The only time I remember the Knicks getting a rigged pick is Patrick Ewing. The Pelicans were a bit random at 1, but the real story is the Lakers were "lucky" enough to move up from 11 to 4. That will allow them to get Davis for Lebron, and start another superteam with him (which the NBA loves for ratings and because they want Lebron to be better than Jordan).

If its a given that the NBA loves rating and would rig the lottery to get them?

Wouldn't they give Zion Williamson to the biggest market??  New York City?

IN a true lottery anybody can win..NOLA had almost no chance to get the the top pick.

Now, there's not nearly as much chance that they trade Anthony Davis. Davis might want to stay and play with Zion.

I think the whole Jordan vs LeBron debate ended a couple of years ago when LeBron kept losing in the Finals. The younger generation = people 30 and under like to keep the debate going because they really weren't old enough to watch Jordan in his prime and players like Kareem and Magic live. They grew up watching Kobe, LeBron, Durant, etc..

• Like 2

Troll: poster with no thought other than insult and confrontation.

Poster with no thoughts

Mark: poster who repeatedly posts outlandish things that no one agrees with yet thinks others are * because they don't agree with him. 

If its a given that the NBA loves rating and would rig the lottery to get them?

Wouldn't they give Zion Williamson to the biggest market??  New York City?

IN a true lottery anybody can win..NOLA had almost no chance to get the the top pick.

Now, there's not nearly as much chance that they trade Anthony Davis. Davis might want to stay and play with Zion.

2 things. First, Zion could potentially bust. It really doesn't matter where he goes at this point. I wasn't arguing the no1 pick, just the Lakers 7 pick rise (which I do believe is rigged to make it easier to get Davis for Lebron). Second, the NBA knows people think the rigged the lottery for New York already and they are being called out on it. New Orleans is a safe choice to completely safeguard the actual lottery rig, the Lakers.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

2 things. First, Zion could potentially bust. It really doesn't matter where he goes at this point. I wasn't arguing the no1 pick, just the Lakers 7 pick rise (which I do believe is rigged to make it easier to get Davis for Lebron). Second, the NBA knows people think the rigged the lottery for New York already and they are being called out on it. New Orleans is a safe choice to completely safeguard the actual lottery rig, the Lakers.

That's a deep conspiracy theory,  Jared...That's deep state, my man:bossy:

the new NOLA GM is determined to keep Davis and his argument begins with the chance t play with Zion.

Of course, Zion could bust...but Davis could get hurt, too

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers would have to give up Ingram as well with Kuzma and the #4 IMO and that is what I have been hearing on sports talk radio too.

That would be very good for the Pelicans as I think Davis will probably leave them anyway.

• Like 1

Really?   I do. LeBron brings the media circus.....

Zion brings flashy dunks and a smile

Davis has already burned too many bridges to stay in NO. Many are saying that as well. By the way he acted last season, I would almost bet he gets traded to the Lakers now for sure. Pelicans want to start fresh and have their man in Zion to do so. 

• Like 1

Really?   I do. LeBron brings the media circus.....

Zion brings flashy dunks and a smile

Lebron, Davis, Top FA+decent remaining Lakers team would bring a championship IMO. GS is done after this year. It'll be Lebron's conference for a 2-3 year period. As I said, Zion may bust and he has to acclimate to the NBA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Davis has already burned too many bridges to stay in NO. Many are saying that as well. By the way he acted last season, I would almost bet he gets traded to the Lakers now for sure. Pelicans want to start fresh and have their man in Zion to do so. 

I don't know CBE...have you heard David Griffin, the new GM...His No,1 goal is to get Anthony Davis to resign..

If Zion is a superstar, then NOLA has two super stars under contract ( and Holiday is a near-star)...and you know what we say about what you need to contend

Remember that Davis 'burned bridges" with the old management, not Griffin

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lebron, Davis, Top FA+decent remaining Lakers team would bring a championship IMO. GS is done after this year. It'll be Lebron's conference for a 2-3 year period. As I said, Zion may bust and he has to acclimate to the NBA.

You are the first to suggest that Zion will bust.

You could be right.

But if you are New Orleans.....you have Davis and Holiday and Williamson under contract for next season.

Why do anything before the all-star break