Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett

What do you think his worth would be if the Cards/Bills/other QB-needy team is too late on the top 4 QBs in the draft? I wonder if teams are calling about him and whether it's been a part of the "draft trade" process. Andrew Luck's health would also tie into whether Chris is willing to let go of him, I assume.

Assuming Luck comes all the way back I'd expect that we'd consider trading him next off-season when both the free agent quarterback class and the draft quarterback class won't be as good as they are this year.

That way we're selling in a sellers market and not a buyers market.   I would hope we'd get more next year than this year.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thatonefan said:

What do you think his worth would be if the Cards/Bills/other QB-needy team is too late on the top 4 QBs in the draft? I wonder if teams are calling about him and whether it's been a part of the "draft trade" process. Andrew Luck's health would also tie into whether Chris is willing to let go of him, I assume.

It's a worthwhile question as, although Ballard said no to offers earlier in the off season, if you are a team like Buffalo or Miami who miss out on the QB they want in the draft and have a lot of draft capital this year, you may panic into a big offer for someone like Brissett, knowing the QB draft pool is not as deep next year.

I tend to agree with others on here though that, while Luck is looking likely to play this year, the risk of what would happen if he wasn't 100% against the reward of extra draft capital this year isn't worth it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure but there was a report earlier this off-season that the Colts weren’t willing to trade him.  

They have turned down multiple offers, i hope they dont because he is alot better than the previous. I am looking forward to seeing him in preseason with a full offseason to prepare 

• Like 2

I really like Brissett and wouldn't want to see him traded this season or next. I think for an inexperienced QB who was thrust into a terrible situation he handled himself well. With a year of experience and a full offseason I believe he'll play much better if he gets a chance. (I hope he doesn't though)

The Colts have a promising young QB in Brissett. I for one think he will be playing some this year, maybe a lot. And I think he will be good when he plays. I'm glad the Colts have him......Trade him for what?...a lower draft pick so that the Colts could draft a back up QB?....

Then why not trade TY Hilton for a 1st round pick so the Colts can draft a WR...

And Trade Jack Doyle for a 2nd round pick so the Colts could draft a tight end...?

1 hour ago, egg said:

The Colts have a promising young QB in Brissett. I for one think he will be playing some this year, maybe a lot. And I think he will be good when he plays. I'm glad the Colts have him......Trade him for what?...a lower draft pick so that the Colts could draft a back up QB?....

Then why not trade TY Hilton for a 1st round pick so the Colts can draft a WR...

And Trade Jack Doyle for a 2nd round pick so the Colts could draft a tight end...?

I would both of those trades...and I would make the Doyle trade in a second.

12 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I would both of those trades...and I would make the Doyle trade in a second.

And you would be  treading water, maybe, which was my point.....what if the wr you draft is not as good as TY?...what if the TE you draft is not as good as Doyle?....why take the risk of NOT getting pro bowl players?...It makes no sense...to me..

And why trade Brissett only to create the need of getting a good back-up QB?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, egg said:

And you would be  treading water, maybe, which was my point.....what if the wr you draft is not as good as TY?...what if the TE you draft is not as good as Doyle?....why take the risk of NOT getting pro bowl players?...It makes no sense...to me..

And why trade Brissett only to create the need of getting a good back-up QB?

You are treading water regardless, since the Colts are rebuilding.

The best TEs in the NFL were drafted on day two or later. I think you could easily replace Doyle while still having the opportunity to end up with an elite TE. 

WR is a little trickier. But Hilton is 28...and for a team that is rebuilding...a 1st round pick could provide more long-term value.  

The thing is...no team is giving up that type of value for either player at this point...which is why I would make both deals.

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

You are treading water regardless, since the Colts are rebuilding.

The best TEs in the NFL were drafted on day two or later. I think you could easily replace Doyle while still having the opportunity to end up with an elite TE. 

WR is a little trickier. But Hilton is 28...and for a team that is rebuilding...a 1st round pick could provide more long-term value.  

The thing is...no team is giving up that type of value for either player at this point...which is why I would make both deals.

And what if you replace Hilton with an Anthony Gonzales (1st round pick)...and you replace Doyle with a Coby Fleener (2nd round pick).........

Anyway, my only point is, Brissett is pretty good. He has all the tools, and now a full year of experience under his belt. He played pretty well behind a terrible line and in a system that was NOT QB friendly. He looks like he has great potential............... Why fix something that is not broken?........

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matabix said:

If I had to pick between Doyle or Hilton to trade it would be Hilton as long as we get at least 1st round this year, bundled with some 2019 picks.

Now why would the Colts be interested in trading their #1 WR who just happens to be Luck's best receiver?  It has been shown and proven that TY can make huge plays when he is used correctly. As thin as we are in the WR position it would be a stupid move IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Jacoby needs to remain in a Colts uniform for now. We'd be foolish to give him up until we see Luck return to form with no setbacks or shoulder discomfort as the season gets underway. The backup is a vital position that I'm more than willing to overpay for just to have experience there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Jacoby needs to remain in a Colts uniform for now. We'd be foolish to give him up until we see Luck return to form with no setbacks or shoulder discomfort as the season gets underway. The backup is a vital position that I'm more than willing to overpay for just to have experience there. 

Yeah, Jacoby played better than Curtis Painter did. :huthut::D

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, Jacoby played better than Curtis Painter did. :huthut::D

Amen to that CC1.When I same the name Painter out loud, a chill slides slowly down my spine. Like in a horror movie when the music reaches a crescendo pitch baby. Some serious calamity is about to go down. 

Curtis seemed like a nice fella & all, but put a ball in his hands & ask him to win a regular season game...Oh the humanity! It's like a priest at an exorcism that just went from bad to worse. You can't leave, you can't seek refuge anywhere else, & you will never be the same again.