Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did I Just See Peyton Throwing @ Duke?

The Fish

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is Peyton and he is really doing better, but it really don't change a thing. I mean does anybody honestly believe Irsay is all of a sudden gonna write up a 28 million dollar check now because some goofball filmed Manning throw a whopping 4 passes through a hole in a wall from 75 yds away?

I really hope Peyton doesnt accept even if Irsay offers ( thats def not the plan of Irsay ). Really, this team has the same players. Unless Colts acquire lot of FAs, the Special teams and defense arent going to do any magic with new coaches.

I really hope Peyton doesnt accept even if Irsay offers ( thats def not the plan of Irsay ). Really, this team has the same players. Unless Colts acquire lot of FAs, the Special teams and defense arent going to do any magic with new coaches.

So are you suggesting that Peyton should sign for another team? And you would then support the team he signed for? Or are you suggesting that you are a Colts fan, and just want us to fail? Or something else?

So are you suggesting that Peyton should sign for another team? And you would then support the team he signed for? Or are you suggesting that you are a Colts fan, and just want us to fail? Or something else?

He is yet another person that fails to realize that Manning has carried a poor team on the shoulders of a giant for the better part of a decade. Whatever team we field in September has to be at least as good as our 2010 team, or many of the other incompetent rosters we fielded over the years.

If we stick a rookie behind center this year, we will not have a post season.

My guess is that Peyton plays 2 more years for the Colts and then he either retires or plays elsewhere. I say this simply because I doubt Luck would be content sitting any longer than that. This way we get the immediate impact of Peyton and the long-term presence of Luck.

That looks like Peyton. I can tell because of his motions and mannerisms (or it may be a Peyton impersonator!? 0.o). But nice to see him throwing with confidence. Only thing I have to say about the video is that he has his accuracy, but it seems like his power has been affected (like most have said). Like that corner throw, he usually has more zip on that pass but in this situation the ball kind of glided. I understand this may have just been practice or whatever, but when this upcoming choice that we have to make is worth 28 mill, then I think we need to look at every little thing with detail. But this vid is promising.

Lets hope its Peyton.

On another note, while he was away, did he learn to throw a tight spiral? Because those were tight, something I haven't seen from Manning in years.

Trav...I thought the longer pass had the typical 'wobble....' it was fun to watch anyway.

It's nice for us fans to see. As for Irsay, his franchises immediate success hinges on signing Peyton. A man whom many had wondered if he could ever throw a strong ball again. Apparently he can.

...and why is this camera operator a "goofball"? He accomplished what tens of thousands of the media army couldn't.

I know the fans feel the need to see this kind of thing, but I don't really care one way or the other. The only thing that matters is if Irsay has seen anything that makes him want to honestly bring Manning back or not. I know what he has said, but that don't mean anything to me either. Owners say a lot of things and then do the complete opposite. What im saying is throwing 4 passes on a very bad quality camera(probably a cell phone) don't prove anything. For all we know that may have been all the throws he made and was done after that. BTW, goofball is a term of endearment!

Thats him and he is looking good.

Peyton - Just get out of Colts and win SB somewhere. If Irsay wanted you back, he would have atleast consulted you not kept you in dark. Matter of fact, even Andrew Luck is available coz of you ( as you didnt play ). This team is the same yucky in all departments.

Houston or Chiefs.

IIf he plays for a division rival.....there will be rioting in the streets....my friends in KC would go wild and my phone would ring off of the hook.....If he leaves....he needs to go to Arizona or Seattle....as far away from beating us as possible. I will add...I want him here, but just like Eli I will support him when not playing us!!

I'm torn. If Irsay and Manning have worked out a restructured deal then it could turn out to be a 10-6 season and yet another one and done in the playoffs. I don't want Manning's record to be 9-11 in the post season. If he goes to the Chiefs, he could be 11-11 at the end of the season, or better. Potentially another Super Bowl too. I think the Chiefs are much more talented and balanced team. They just lack an elite trigger man.

I think our team needs to rebuild and jell the youngsters together so we can be back in to the thick of things in 2-3 years. Peyton needs to win, now. I want him to win. His time is limited. I think KC is the best landing spot, not Miami. And I'll cheer for him all the way, until the Colts play him.

I know the fans feel the need to see this kind of thing, but I don't really care one way or the other. The only thing that matters is if Irsay has seen anything that makes him want to honestly bring Manning back or not. I know what he has said, but that don't mean anything to me either. Owners say a lot of things and then do the complete opposite. What im saying is throwing 4 passes on a very bad quality camera(probably a cell phone) don't prove anything. For all we know that may have been all the throws he made and was done after that. BTW, goofball is a term of endearment!

I don't think Irsay is waiting to see anything. Frankly, Manning could stand in front of him and put footballs through a brick wall and Irsay is still going to try to weasel out of a contract that he gladly extended to Manning before he ever dreamed of being able to "replace" him.

I'm torn. If Irsay and Manning have worked out a restructured deal then it could turn out to be a 10-6 season and yet another one and done in the playoffs. I don't want Manning's record to be 9-11 in the post season. If he goes to the Chiefs, he could be 11-11 at the end of the season, or better. Potentially another Super Bowl too. I think the Chiefs are much more talented and balanced team. They just lack an elite trigger man.

I think our team needs to rebuild and jell the youngsters together so we can be back in to the thick of things in 2-3 years. Peyton needs to win, now. I want him to win. His time is limited. I think KC is the best landing spot, not Miami. And I'll cheer for him all the way, until the Colts play him.

I think KC is a good landing spot for him too. I think you hit the nail on the head and I have been saying this for a while. People aren't taking into account what Manning may actually want and instead just think that he needs to stay here because that is what they want. I know Manning has said he wanted to be a Colt his whole career, but things change and this franchise is going through a rebuilding process, one that Manning may not want anything to do with regardless of what he has said. I don't believe for one second that Manning makes the Colts a championship caliber team, not even close IMO. Manning is smart enough to know that and is not disillusioned like many fans are. His best shot for more championships are somewhere other than Indy.

I don't think Irsay is waiting to see anything. Frankly, Manning could stand in front of him and put footballs through a brick wall and Irsay is still going to try to weasel out of a contract that he gladly extended to Manning before he ever dreamed of being able to "replace" him.

By 'weaselling out', do you mean exercising the option what was happily signed by Manning last year?

I think KC is a good landing spot for him too. I think you hit the nail on the head and I have been saying this for a while. People aren't taking into account what Manning may actually want and instead just think that he needs to stay here because that is what they want. I know Manning has said he wanted to be a Colt his whole career, but things change and this franchise is going through a rebuilding process, one that Manning may not want anything to do with regardless of what he has said. I don't believe for one second that Manning makes the Colts a championship caliber team, not even close IMO. Manning is smart enough to know that and is not disillusioned like many fans are. His best shot for more championships are somewhere other than Indy.

I do not want to see him in KC, but they should get Charles back at RB, and throwing to Bowe and possibly Reggie Wayne....I will continue to say I will not be rooting for him if he ends up on a division rival....unless maybe he goes to the Super Bowl with that rival. Still would be hard...

Well, IMO it is obviously Peyton (not sure how ANYONE familiar with the Colts doesn't instantly recognize Peyton's mannerisms/body-language). And it appears to be Duke's practice field.

Seeing this video is very encouraging. I'm liking the scenario where a rested and ticked off Manning returns. And I am really going to enjoy watching Florio, Shefter, Mortenson, King and "Noodle Arm" backtrack from their "Manning is gone" mantra.

Oh he's still gone

I don't understand why there is any confusion. He is wearing #18. That can't be anyone else.

Yes, because im sure Manning is the only football player on the planet that owns a jersey with the number 18 on it. :sarcasm:

Look, this is probably Manning, but I stand by my comment that this video proves absolutely.....nothing.

Pretty sure you're quoting sarcasm with sarcasm

You could be right, but judging from some of the posts made here for the last month or so, its really hard to tell. Some people actually believe some of the nonsense they post. It would have been helpful if he/she pointed out the sarcasm because like I said, some of the ignorance here is overwhelming.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - start of trouble
Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - start of trouble

This was a leak by Manning's people To make Irsay look bad/worse for when he is going to cut Manning. You think this isn’t going to tick Jim Irsay off? He’s still going to do what he wants which is move on from Manning. This was designed to make him look back and very strategic.

If you want to throw for the Colts then take a close up video if you’re so healthy. Stop being so veiled. I’m going to celebrate when they cut him.

Edited by Coltssouth
Insult to a player of the team
Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - response
Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - response

This was a leak by Manning's people To make Irsay look bad/worse for when he is going to cut Manning. You think this isn’t going to tick Jim Irsay off? He’s still going to do what he wants which is move on from Manning. This was designed to make him look back and very strategic.

Manning is an annoying little goofball. If you want to throw for the Colts then take a close up video if you’re so healthy. Stop being so veiled. I’m going to celebrate when they cut him.

are u serious, this is one example where u should be questioned of your fan support! I am tired of the same three peopleshooting down all #18 comments. Luck will never do what Peyton has done so stop shoving it down our throats.

Manning is an annoying little goofball. If you want to throw for the Colts then take a close up video if you’re so healthy. Stop being so veiled. I’m going to celebrate when they cut him.

Well will you leave and we can celebrate when he doesn't get cut but restructured? :lol:

Yes, because im sure Manning is the only football player on the planet that owns a jersey with the number 18 on it. :sarcasm:

Look, this is probably Manning, but I stand by my comment that this video proves absolutely.....nothing.

I was completely being sarcastic......however, the fact that he is wearing number 18 AND a Colts helmet pretty much eliminates any doubt. Someone could wear 18, but not both (and yes, this is sarcasm too).

I find the timing a little odd. All of this time . . . nothing. Then one week before decision time?

It's not odd at all. At least a few of us here don't find it odd. It makes perfect sense. This is a last minute league, tens of millions of dollars at stake up front and the success of a franchise is at the root of it. I said it a billion times, wait until the last week and he'll start to show his hand. Since Irsay wants to renege on his contract, Manning was forced to handle things this way.

Of course you will celebrate. You've been a "Colts fan" for what? 30 minutes? Such a sad existence.

Calling Manning an "annoying little goofball" is not only heresy in these here parts, but also against forum rules. Your behavior has bordered strongly on the side of trollish behavior. You consistently try to get a rise out of Colts fans by stabbing your knives into Manning's back in front of us all, hoping for an illicit reaction.

L

A

M

E.

main-troll.jpg

Of course you will celebrate. You've been a "Colts fan" for what? 30 minutes? Such a sad existence.

Good one Firejim +1 couldn't have said it better. :highfive:

That's probably all the footage the kid (I bet it was a Duke student...they're smart ya know) could get in his little cutout of the fence before being noticed by someone. "Hey, you! Get over here!! Give me that phone!! (kid runs for his life)...Heavyset security guards give chase, kid throws down garbage cans to slow them, and escapes into a sorority house full of hot coeds...ok that's what I would have done....