Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Walker Vs Jeremiah George Vs Josh Perry

Krauses

While I think Linebacker is our weakest position group on the team I do believe we have some players that will improve from the scheme change.  You guys think any of these 3 have potential to be good starters.

Anthony Walker -  Was playing over weight last year and appeared slow at times.  From social media he looks like he’s down about ten lbs and has been working on flexibility a lot.  Think he is best of the bunch.

Jermiah George -  Much faster than 40 time indicates.  Is great leader and has passion for the game.  Think he would be solid Will if aloud to free flow from blockers

josh Perry-  I honestly didn’t even know we signed him last year.  Was a stud in college but probably fits better in 3-4 ILB.  Is thumper with decent cover skills.  Better than Morrison IMO

• Like 1

I think Jermain Grace will be in the mix somewhere as a reserve.   Jeremiah George as well.   I think Ant Walker has the best chance to be a starter.   I liked what I saw of him towards the end of last year.  We are switching to a scheme he was in in college so it shouldn't take him long to get up to speed.    I expect to see a much better Ant Walker this year.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Krauses said:

While I think Linebacker is our weakest position group on the team I do believe we have some players that will improve from the scheme change.  You guys think any of these 3 have potential to be good starters.

Anthony Walker -  Was playing over weight last year and appeared slow at times.  From social media he looks like he’s down about ten lbs and has been working on flexibility a lot.  Think he is best of the bunch.

Jermiah George -  Much faster than 40 time indicates.  Is great leader and has passion for the game.  Think he would be solid Will if aloud to free flow from blockers

josh Perry-  I honestly didn’t even know we signed him last year.  Was a stud in college but probably fits better in 3-4 ILB.  Is thumper with decent cover skills.  Better than Morrison IMO

I can't proclaim to have delved into the tape myself, but Matt Danely of Stampede Blue really likes George and thinks he could have more of an impact this year.

He has a similar level of man-crush as myself for Ross Travis and so I assume his instincts are bang on!  :thmup:

Walker was a mid-fielder in college and a captain of the defense from what I remember. Right now I cannot think of a player better suited to be our mike and unless we somehow land Rashaan Evans or Vander Esch or Tremaine Edmunds, I don't think a good enough mike is coming to us through the draft, thus it's very likely that Walker will be our starting mike LB, IMO. He pretty much needs to beat out Morrison and with Eberflus wanting quickness out of his LBs I would assume Walker would have the upper hand. 

• Like 1

Walker is the biggest question mark. His problems with weight have been going on since his Senior year at college, which is why his stock fell. His junior year tape showed what he can be when his weight is down. It’s just a very big projection though. But he ran in the 4.6’s at the combine so he has the athleticism. I’m hoping he can start because that’s one less draft pick we have to spend, and he’s be a starter that isn’t a rookie.

I think George and Walker will compete at WILL....but not sure if both will be on the team. Walker has the advantage because he is taller and more athletic...but his weight issues limit him. Walker could also backup at MLB.

If he makes the team, Perry will likely back up Simon at SAM.  He has the size and strength for the position...but probably not the coverage skills. So he's best served as a backup and STs.

The MLB is not on the roster...and it's quite likely the starting WILL is not either. At least that is what I am telling myself to keep from puking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Colts never had any issues with Ant Walkers weight last year.  At least none that I know of.  Pagano only spoke of him as a Mike linebacker last year.   He didn't speak of him as a Will.     I think he has the ability to play either or.  I see no issues with him playing the Mike.  Most of the qualities they liked about him as far as instincts and being a coach on the field translate to Mike in my opinion.  Not sure what the new staff has in their plans but that's my 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Colts never had any issues with Ant Walkers weight last year.  At least none that I know of.  Pagano only spoke of him as a Mike linebacker last year.   He didn't speak of him as a Will.     I think he has the ability to play either or.  I see no issues with him playing the Mike.  Most of the qualities they liked about him as far as instincts and being a coach on the field translate to Mike in my opinion.  Not sure what the new staff has in their plans but that's my 2 cents.

He is my guy to watch this preseason. I think he can be a break out player for us. I thought he played ok last year and with the changes I think he would be a natural fit for us in the middle. He has every incentive to come out and be in shape and be a difference maker. If he can't we will find someone who can but I think he is a guy that the changes should benefit greatly....also perhaps why Ballard has done next to nothing about bringing in LBs this offseason.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, krunk said:

I agree.  I don’t think it’s as much of a weight issue as it is he was gaining weight for 3-4 inside backer.  I follow him on Instagram and he appears to be a lot leaner down in the 230 range

1 hour ago, Krauses said:

A rock is better than Morrison.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think Jermain Grace will be in the mix somewhere as a reserve.   Jeremiah George as well.   I think Ant Walker has the best chance to be a starter.   I liked what I saw of him towards the end of last year.  We are switching to a scheme he was in in college so it shouldn't take him long to get up to speed.    I expect to see a much better Ant Walker this year.

This is correct!

You guys shouldn't forget Jermaine Grace from the U.....he is best suited at WILL. He made the Falcons talented linebackers group as an UDFA who sat at most of his senior season.

He was cut due to injuries elsewhere and CB signed him straight to the Active roster and he played teams the rest of the year.

Had he tested at the combine he would have been drafted! 

23 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

You guys shouldn't forget Jermaine Grace from the U.....he is best suited at WILL. He made the Falcons talented linebackers group as an UDFA who sat at most of his senior season.

He was cut due to injuries elsewhere and CB signed him straight to the Active roster and he played teams the rest of the year.

I do like speed in LBs like telvin smith and Deion jones.  But 209 lbs is not goin g over hold up in NFL in my opinion

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who told you he was 209lbs?  He's 223lb

He weighed in at 209 at combine then later gained fake weight to bulk up to 223 at pro day which was likely 5 lbs of water. Would say he’s around 215 at best

56 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who told you he was 209lbs?  He's 223lb

Unfortunately he’s not.  Was 223 at pro day and ran 4.57.  In college played at 210 and ran a 4.38.  Still think there is some situational spots for him on this team as well as special teams

1 minute ago, Krauses said:

Unfortunately he’s not.  Was 223 at pro day and ran 4.57.  In college played at 210 and ran a 4.38.  Still think there is some situational spots for him on this team as well as special teams

So the website is just all lies and we should go with you?  He's been in the NFL for over a year now if not more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

So the website is just all lies and we should go with you?  He's been in the NFL for over a year now if not more.

You do know that weigh ins are in the offseason when players are in top physical condition muscle wise and can do anything in terms of water weight gain before stepping on scale.  Was he 223 at time of weigh in probably.  Does he play at 223 during season probably not.  

10 minutes ago, Krauses said:

You do know that weigh ins are in the offseason when players are in top physical condition muscle wise and can do anything in terms of water weight gain before stepping on scale.  Was he 223 at time of weigh in probably.  Does he play at 223 during season probably not.  

The team has individual weight levels that they want their backers to play at.   You know darn well they aren't having him play at 210 or 215.      

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

The team has individual weight levels that they want their backers to play at.   You know darn well they aren't having him play at 210 or 215.      

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/23/falcons-undrafted-rookie-profile-lb-jermaine-grace/amp/

then he will be ineffective ans lose his only only good qualities as a player.  Exact same thing that’s happened to walker last year.  You dont change players to fit scheme you find players that best attributes flourish in system.

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Grace is the guy I'm interested in seeing because I know the least about him.  As you said, he was forced to sit out most of his senior year, but was highly lauded.  I saw a lot of Perry in college, not sure he's starter material but could be decent depth.

George has shown the most IMO, better in coverage than either Walker or Morrison.  But that's not really saying much.

We really need to upgrade the MLB in this draft (I know, I'm Captain Obvious)