Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Morrison & TJ Green Set to Break Out

Alex22

Look, the OP was trying to throw some positive shade towards the team. I'm down with that. I agree with many here that it is unlikely that they both turn their careers around, a bit more possible if one of them does.

However, I do have confidence in Frank, Chris, and the whole staff to correctly assess by the end of camp as to whether either deserves to remain. Regardless of the biases any may have towards them because of who picked them, when they were picked, and how they played...if they are still on the roster after cutdowns, I have faith they deserve to be here. 

We shall see. 

1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Yep I mentioned before Green could excel in a 4-2-5 package, giving him a bit a flexibility. Morrison, im not too sure, hope he pans out for our sake.

I'm not giving up on Green. He could still be a good nickel/dime package player. He's a heck of an athlete. Just slow to decipher the action on the field. He just might excel in a less demanding role. 

Morrison? He can't cover anyone. I mean, no one. That won't work in a scheme that requires speed and instinct. I'm almost certain he'll be cut. 

I think Green should get a shot at corner in this new defense. He is big and fast and physical. He doesn't have to be a great cover corner simply be able to come up and hit and tackle. I'll give him one last shot this year. Morrison I don't know how he got included in this....I'm not hopeful of anything with him. I mean of course I hope he can be better but I don't expect it. The one LB I like from our core and think will be a good fit is Anthony Walker. I'm keeping a close eye on this kid. He is my nominee for break out performer in 2018. To me he has the tools to be good in this new defense. I like the kid.

Someone mentioned the 4.75 time in the 40 for Morrison. While I believe it was a 5.10 he was still running on a 3 time repaired knee (I believe)? During his career in college prior to the injury he was a sideline to sideline player - perhaps there is merit to this analysis as he's two full years removed from surgery?

If the coaching staff thought he wasn't a fit, they could have cut him already? 

I think he'd be a decent SAM in this system, behind Simon on the depth chart of course.

27 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Someone mentioned the 4.75 time in the 40 for Morrison. While I believe it was a 5.10 he was still running on a 3 time repaired knee (I believe)? During his career in college prior to the injury he was a sideline to sideline player - perhaps there is merit to this analysis as he's two full years removed from surgery?

If the coaching staff thought he wasn't a fit, they could have cut him already? 

I think he'd be a decent SAM in this system, behind Simon on the depth chart of course.

I think they'll give him a chance to prove himself in the new D, and at the end of the day, he won't be a member of the final 53. 

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

I'm not giving up on Green. He could still be a good nickel/dime package player. He's a heck of an athlete. Just slow to decipher the action on the field. He just might excel in a less demanding role. 

Morrison? He can't cover anyone. I mean, no one. That won't work in a scheme that requires speed and instinct. I'm almost certain he'll be cut. 

Do you think Green just lacks football IQ? Or just slow on the uptake, cant process quick enough? I know there are some that dont go to college to play school, but dang they should know the game inside and out.

2 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Do you think Green just lacks football IQ? Or just slow on the uptake, cant process quick enough? I know there are some that dont go to college to play school, but dang they should know the game inside and out.

He started as a WR I think.  Was a DB in college for maybe only a season.

9 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Wahlberg is such a weird beast.  I thought he was phenomenal in The Departed, really upped his game especially considering his surrounding talent, then in some films he is just a big block of wood (See Transformers).

He normally is a block of wood.

above the shouders

8 hours ago, Coltsfan1955 said:

I think both Morrison & Green are going to be cut.

Doubt, it, zero depth at LB right now.

While DL and DB have some depth, LB and WR have zero depth, especially with our FA losses.

Here's out tentative starting lineup at LB:

Morrison

Walker

Simon

Not to mention $600,000 a year, on a compensatory 4th rounder, for 101 tackles a year is more than okay.

7 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Doubt, it, zero depth at LB right now.

While DL and DB have some depth, LB and WR have zero depth, especially with our FA losses.

Here's out tentative starting lineup at LB:

Morrison

Walker

Simon

Not to mention $600,000 a year, on a compensatory 4th rounder, for 101 tackles a year is more than okay.

A lot of not so great LB's get a lot of tackles 5-10 yards downfield in a bad defense.  Morrison is not suited for a 4-3, he can't play the outside & cover & do you think he has the wherewithal to be THE MLB, essentially the QB of the defense (think Gary Bracket)?  Jeremiah George will probably start at MLB & you might be right on Simon & Walker, but there is still Korey Toomer we've auditioned & might be someone else let go even as late as preseason.  T. J. Green has a better chance to stick then Morrison, but I truly think he will get cut as well.

Remember, Ballard will keep one of his own, even undrafted FA's, before most of Grigson's pickups. 

6 minutes ago, Coltsfan1955 said:

A lot of not so great LB's get a lot of tackles 5-10 yards downfield in a bad defense.  Morrison is not suited for a 4-3, he can't play the outside & cover & do you think he has the wherewithal to be THE MLB, essentially the QB of the defense (think Gary Bracket)?  Jeremiah George will probably start at MLB & you might be right on Simon & Walker, but there is still Korey Toomer we've auditioned & might be someone else let go even as late as preseason.  T. J. Green has a better chance to stick then Morrison, but I truly think he will get cut as well.

Remember, Ballard will keep one of his own, even undrafted FA's, before most of Grigson's pickups. 

Well I would like him to prove everyone wrong. 

I think he has a bit of dawg in him. 

Last preseason he was supposedly looking like a real good 'backer

On 3/22/2018 at 10:35 PM, Alex22 said:

Could these two guys be set to have a break out season?

They are both suited to the 4-3 and next gen stats says they are both fast players http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Two-Colts-Named-To-2016-‘Next-Gen-Stats-All-Rookie-Team’/02a09c3d-5da7-4883-a2cd-f5a2d32b6a20.

I will be intrigued to see how they pan out this upcoming season with the scheme changes. 

Morrison is gonna be horrible in a speed base def,  he is just to slow to anchor MLB for us , 

On 24/03/2018 at 4:36 AM, dgambill said:

I think Green should get a shot at corner in this new defense. He is big and fast and physical. He doesn't have to be a great cover corner simply be able to come up and hit and tackle. I'll give him one last shot this year. Morrison I don't know how he got included in this....I'm not hopeful of anything with him. I mean of course I hope he can be better but I don't expect it. The one LB I like from our core and think will be a good fit is Anthony Walker. I'm keeping a close eye on this kid. He is my nominee for break out performer in 2018. To me he has the tools to be good in this new defense. I like the kid.

Yeah I am excited to see what Walker can do in the 43 D. Hopefully thats why we passed on the free agent LBs