Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Is Afraid Of Losing Luck

johnwaynes44

Peyton Manning will never play for the Colts again and here is why. I really think Irsay would like to keep Manning and draft Luck, but he knows Luck wants to play right away and will play right away for another team if necessary. If he retains Manning, there is no way Luck is going to sign with the Colts. It will be Elway all over again. Irsay wants both, but can only have one, so the choice is clear. He goes with the future. Why wouldn't he. Manning is too much of a risk to throw away Luck. Luck WILL NOT play behind Peyton Manning. He is the most highly taughted QB maybe ever. I would love to see both here, but it just can't happen. Irsay feels like Luck is destined to be a Colt. His name, his number, the timing of it all. Irsay is all caught up in the destiny. He is a hokey, superstitious guy, texting lirics to songs with Luck in them. He is just a weird dude and I think he would do anything to get Luck, including bagging the season, cutting the franchise hall of fame QB, firing the GM and anyone else who may have resisted his plan. He is all in with this kid. I just hope he can live up to all that pressure.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning will never play for the Colts again and here is why. I really think Irsay would like to keep Manning and draft Luck, but he knows Luck wants to play right away and will play right away for another team if necessary. If he retains Manning, there is no way Luck is going to sign with the Colts. It will be Elway all over again. Irsay wants both, but can only have one, so the choice is clear. He goes with the future. Why wouldn't he. Manning is too much of a risk to throw away Luck. Luck WILL NOT play behind Peyton Manning. He is the most highly taughted QB maybe ever. I would love to see both here, but it just can't happen. Irsay feels like Luck is destined to be a Colt. His name, his number, the timing of it all. Irsay is all caught up in the destiny. He is a hokey, superstitious guy, texting lirics to songs with Luck in them. He is just a weird dude and I think he would do anything to get Luck, including bagging the season, cutting the franchise hall of fame QB, firing the GM and anyone else who may have resisted his plan. He is all in with this kid. I just hope he can live up to all that pressure.

Or maybe he realizes like many others do that starting over with your new franchise QB is probably the best thing for the long term health of the organization.

I think my point is marginally more rational.

As much as I hate to admit it, we really are better off just rolling into next year with Luck. I know opponents of the idea like to say he hasn't proven anything yet. But Peyton also hasn't proven he can play at the same level he could before 3/4 surguries. His contract is too high for such uncertainty....not to mention the long-term effects on the cap, just by retaining him.

Or we could have RGIII and Peyton Together, Just saying.

I like RGIII better than Luck, but I think Peytons time is done. and Its time to cut the ties and move on to a new face, a new feel, and I think it starts with RGIII. Luck is like another peyton and he might not pan out, but heck RGIII might not either so Its tough either way you look at it, Take luck Lose manning, keep Manning lose luck, but get RGIII or Dont even try for luck Get RGIII Lose manning and start fresh

Irsay is all caught up in the destiny. He is a hokey, superstitious guy, texting lirics to songs with Luck in them. He is just a weird dude and I think he would do anything to get Luck, including bagging the season, cutting the franchise hall of fame QB, firing the GM and anyone else who may have resisted his plan.

And this is the reason why some folks are having an issue with Irsay - if he goes ahead the route suggested by the OP. There is a very good possibility that all of this has been scripted since 2010 and that just doesn't sit well with folks.

And it has nothing to do with bad draft choices over the last few years. Supporting a backup QB for three that then thinks is not good enough to start, that costs Irsay an additional 4 mil on a guy that plays 2 and a half games. The refusal to move away from the small fast defense that is injured ALL the time. Bashing the fans, …..

do I need to go on any further? After all it is His team. Any plan should be his since he is the one that writes the checks.

Making a rational decision for the future of the franchise is smart and I agree with it. But Irsay's behavior is not rational, it's creepy. Whether or not he is really that hokey or if he just likes the pub, or to get people like me stirred up, it is strange. I just feel like he runs his team through this lense of altered reality that centers around Yes and Beatles lyrics. He needs to stop sending coded messages and just tell us his rational thoughts if he has any.

Making a rational decision for the future of the franchise is smart and I agree with it. But Irsay's behavior is not rational, it's creepy. Whether or not he is really that hokey or if he just likes the pub, or to get people like me stirred up, it is strange. I just feel like he runs his team through this lense of altered reality that centers around Yes and Beatles lyrics. He needs to stop sending coded messages and just tell us his rational thoughts if he has any.

Well he did pretty well when he fired a bad coach, got rid of a bad QB and brought in Peyton didn’t he? I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

HUH???????

huh2.jpg

I think maybe you need to look in the mirror and think about who is acting/thinking rationally. Irsay is a goof, but he has been sober for a long time and had a lot more life experiences than many of us will. He just enjoys life and interacts with the fans through twitter. Stop taking it so seriously and stop thinking he is a crazy pot smoking, coke blowing drunk. He is a very intelligent and savvy businessman and has been around football his entire life. I hate to use a tired pun, but he has forgotten more about the inner workings of a NFL team and the NFL in general than any of us will ever know.

Luck & RGIII have both said on more than one occassion, the most recent being during the combine, that PM is their hero/arguably the greatest QB of all time, and any QB in the draft would be lucky and honored to sit behind PM and learn from him! I'll take their word for face value! Both of them could make any team and don't need to lie about sitting on the bench for any reason. That's my opinion because that is exactly what they have been saying!

And this is the reason why some folks are having an issue with Irsay - if he goes ahead the route suggested by the OP. There is a very good possibility that all of this has been scripted since 2010 and that just doesn't sit well with folks.

The suggestion that this has all been scripted since 2010 is totally and utterly absurd and completely ridiculous. Yes, Irsay would somehow want to script a man having FOUR neck surgeries in a little over a year - yup, that sounds logical. Oh, and he somehow convinced Andrew Luck to return to college for the 2011 season before three of those neck surgeries, assuring him that it is okay - Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time who at that point had never missed a game in his 13 year career, will soon have three neck surgeries and be cut from the team a year later. Come on poster, get real I mean honestly.

Well gee John, thanks for clearing that all up for us. Wth is it with posters stating opinion as fact. Is it too much to state, here is my OPINION. Not... 'Manning will never be a colt again'. My heck.

The suggestion that this has all been scripted since 2010 is totally and utterly absurd and completely ridiculous. Yes, Irsay would somehow want to script a man having FOUR neck surgeries in a little over a year - yup, that sounds logical. Oh, and he somehow convinced Andrew Luck to return to college for the 2011 season before three of those neck surgeries, assuring him that it is okay - Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time who at that point had never missed a game in his 13 year career, will soon have three neck surgeries and be cut from the team a year later. Come on poster, get real I mean honestly.

You're going to find out very quickly just reading through some of the posts here that rationality and logic have been thrown out the window just so some posters can push their agenda. This situation has got some fans on the brink of a full blown meltdown.

I have learned that if things are not proceeding as you would like it, then you should ascribe it to some conspiracy theory to alleviate the need for control that your ego is begging for.

I have learned that if things are not proceeding as you would like it, then you should ascribe it to some conspiracy theory to alleviate the need for control that your ego is begging for.

Actually It was Bill Parcels who said this on NBC. I hadn't even thought of it until he delicately addressed the issue early last season. "the fans will buy it, the media will buy it...."

YFT.

It will be Elway all over again.

1st off, Elway said before the '83 draft that he wouldn't play for the Colts. Second, Elway had Yankees Baseball to fall back on. So PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, people need to stop saying he's gonna pull an Elway

THANK YOU

I feel the same way just to lazy to type a reply. Heck what the poster claims is just to ridiculous to respond to anyway.

Maybe this was all Manning's doing? He is the one who personally told Luck to stay in college last year. He is the one who had the surgeries and who never complained about having to carry a bunch of scrubs for 13 years. Peyon is the one who saved the colts by making the contract not guaranteed for five years (like irsay wanted) but making there be an option bonus one year after to protect the colts in case the surgery didnt work. Yes now that I think about it this was all carefully manipulated by Manning to get out of Indy.....

Can't I have my conspiracy like some others?

But honestly, it's sad Peyton wont get to retire here, hope he winds up with a great team.

I don't know why it is a crime to want to see Manning play again for the Colts as many do. Most want Luck too. We all want to win...win a Super Bowl too I am sure but I don't see things as a failure if we don't. I have had the great pleasure of the last 12 or so years watching one of the greatest shows on earth and I just want to continue to see it. Even if we go 8-8, 9-7..whatever. I will have another 10-12 years to watch Luck I am sure but missing Peyton this year lets me know how much I would enjoy 1 or 2 more years. I will pay to go to the game and watch Peyton direct traffic and show his brilliance. I can't say the same about any other qb...brees, brady, or certainly not Luck (yet). This game is about ENTERTAINMENT. To me if Peyton can play (even 80%) of his glory is twice as good entertainment as any other qb. It is how he plays that I am a fan of. I have always watched the Colts but not until Peyton have I loved the Colts and even pro football. Will I feel that way about Luck someday...maybe. Winning is great..but sometimes it is how you play the game...and that is what I pay for when I go see the Colts.

Sure I would love to win another Super Bowl..that is great. There is going to always...ALWAYS be Colt football and great QBs...Andrew Luck included...but there is never...NEVER going to be another Peyton Manning...the way he plays the game. I've never seen one before...see one in the league now...or probably ever again. That isn't to say others aren't better..or will win more..but play the way he does...I doubt it. I just want to see that one more time here in Indy because if he goes somewhere else I probably won't get to watch it in person. Having Manning and Luck both would be great....maybe I get to see Peyton one or two more years and then move on to hopefully another great qb...that is my reason....besides...I got hope even a lowely 9-7 Giants team won the Super Bowl maybe the Colts can do it in a year or two as well. I think Peyton can at least get us to that...if we rebuild it will take Luck several more years...years he will have plenty of in the future with us I am sure.

Or we could have RGIII and Peyton Together, Just saying.

I like RGIII better than Luck, but I think Peytons time is done. and Its time to cut the ties and move on to a new face, a new feel, and I think it starts with RGIII. Luck is like another peyton and he might not pan out, but heck RGIII might not either so Its tough either way you look at it, Take luck Lose manning, keep Manning lose luck, but get RGIII or Dont even try for luck Get RGIII Lose manning and start fresh

Just wondering why FG over Luck?

I agree with the OP and this is part of the reason that Irsay will cut Manning. That said--what reason does Jim or us have to believe that Luck would go anywhere if we kept PM? Luck has said the opposite. Is it the fact that Elway did it to Irsay's dad? Why do we feel this way?

If you believe he is "fine" with it then you don't know pro athletes...trust me he is not fine with nor would I want my top pick to be fine with.

There is being fine and then there is being fine---he won't love it, or maybe even like it, but if he is truly a student of the game he will do it. Obviously he wants to play, and if he didn't then that would be a red flag.

I just don't get this love for a gonna be 36 year old damaged player when u have better options available to you...

Have cheaper alternatives is the way to put it....I will guarantee that if PM is healthy enough to play next year and is not on the Colts, then the team he is on will have a better record than the Colts and he will have a better stat line than Luck. I would bet a significant amount of money that the Colts will win 10 games next year if PM is behind center and Grigson/Pagano have even a solid off season.

There is being fine and then there is being fine---he won't love it, or maybe even like it, but if he is truly a student of the game he will do it. Obviously he wants to play, and if he didn't then that would be a red flag.

Have cheaper alternatives is the way to put it....I will guarantee that if PM is healthy enough to play next year and is not on the Colts, then the team he is on will have a better record than the Colts and he will have a better stat line than Luck. I would bet a significant amount of money that the Colts will win 10 games next year if PM is behind center and Grigson/Pagano have even a solid off season.

This isn't about just next year, this about the next decade. I bet has more wins over the next ten years then Peyton does...

This isn't about just next year, this about the next decade. I bet has more wins over the next ten years then Peyton does...

Its about both to me, and I would think it is to everyone else on the Colts roster and in the front office. The NFL is a win now business and that is made apparent every single season based on teams going from bottom to top and constant coaching turnover.

You are really going out on a limb with your second point there....