Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Coordinator

1959Colts

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

So was Richard....  meaning, he trusts Ballard and Reich to form opinions of possible OC's over Walterfootball.com

Its kind of a meaningless thing to say.  Everybody trusts professionals over pundits.  Except the pundits on this forum usually trust themselves over anybody else. 

Like the love for Bevell.  He strikes me as someone who has very little innovation and simply succeeded by riding Wilson and Lynch, so I'm not sure why the pundits on this forum are so attracted to him.

Several weeks after the season, he's still available. 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its kind of a meaningless thing to say.  Everybody trusts professionals over pundits.  Except the pundits on this forum usually trust themselves over anybody else. 

Like the love for Bevell.  He strikes me as someone who has very little innovation and simply succeeded as riding Wilson and Lynch, so I'm not sure why the pundits on this forum are so attracted to him.

Regarding the love for Bevell on this forum that you find so hard to understand....     answer this question.....

WHO?   ELSE?   IS THERE?!?!?

Peopke aren't attracted to him because he's great.   If he was great, he'd likely be employed now.   Peopke are attracted to him because they know him.   He has a track record of success.    

Posters here do not know if the obscure position coach that may get elevated to OC for the first time in their career is any good.   He's got no track record.

But, the fact that we've asked to talk to the WR coach of the Chargers may be a sign that we're not close with Bevell.   So you'll be able to sleep tonight.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Like the love for Bevell.  He strikes me as someone who has very little innovation and simply succeeded by riding Wilson and Lynch, so I'm not sure why the pundits on this forum are so attracted to him.

Wade Phillips sat at home for 2 years without being hired.  The NFL isn't filled with genius.

The Chargers have granted request for Nick Sirianni to interview.

L@@ks like he's the guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/11/reich-targets-nick-sirianni-to-be-indys-new-offensive-coordinator/ 

...Breer characterizes Sirianni as the “top candidate” for the job, Bevell’s availability notwithstanding. Reich and Sirianni worked together during Reich’s tenure with the Chargers...

Nick Sirianni      113645459-e1518403148781.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

Los Angeles Chargers Position: Wide receivers coach

Personal information

Born: June 15, 1981 (age 36)

Jamestown, New York Career information High school: Southwestern Central College: Mount Union Career history As coach:

Has anyone heard whether or not Reich plans to call the offense?  I know its probably too early to know for sure, but I've been cut off from the news today.  Wondered if our fanbase has any insight?

Edited by Sumo63
Misspellings

25 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Has anyone heard whether or not Reich plans to call the offense?  I know its probably too early to know for sure, but I've been cut off from the news today.  Wondered if our fanbase has any insight?

Seems to be a question mark at this point.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding the love for Bevell on this forum that you find so hard to understand....     answer this question.....

WHO?   ELSE?   IS THERE?!?!?

Peopke aren't attracted to him because he's great.   If he was great, he'd likely be employed now.   Peopke are attracted to him because they know him.   He has a track record of success.    

Posters here do not know if the obscure position coach that may get elevated to OC for the first time in their career is any good.   He's got no track record.

But, the fact that we've asked to talk to the WR coach of the Chargers may be a sign that we're not close with Bevell.   So you'll be able to sleep tonight.

Js there is Gary Kubiak for OC he said he wanted to be OC more then anything else months ago

4 hours ago, DZS13 said:

Why? He called plays previously in his career and Pederson didn’t call plays until this year in Philly. There is no reason why he won’t be in charge of the offense like Nagy, Pederson, Reid, etc. 

I don't know anything. I was operating under the assumption that Bevell was the leader for OC. 

For the most part, I would prefer the head coach not be the primary play caller, with few exceptions. 

Mike Chappell Retweeted

Nick Hardwick Retweeted Albert Breer

Sirriani would be a big loss to the Chargers. Creative, hard working (understatement), young coach that pushes his players.

Nick Hardwick added,

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer
Per sources, the Colts and new coach Frank Reich have put in a request with the Chargers to interview WRs coach Nick Sirianni for their offensive coordinator position.

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:
Mike Chappell Retweeted

Sirriani would be a big loss to the Chargers. Creative, hard working (understatement), young coach that pushes his players.

Nick Hardwick added,

Per sources, the Colts and new coach Frank Reich have put in a request with the Chargers to interview WRs coach Nick Sirianni for their offensive coordinator position.

Sounds like a big get for the Colts

30 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:
Mike Chappell Retweeted

Nick Hardwick added,

"young coach that pushes his players"

That's the part that catches my eye.

Hopefully that translates into not allowing certain players to take plays or even entire games off.

I'm officially intrigued by this potential hire.

Like what I am hearing about Nick.  It sounds like the Colts would have two well respected and up and coming position coaches running the offense and defense.  There will probably be some growing pains to start with but it looks like everything the Colts are doing is with an eye on the future.  

Geez, this a high risk with (I guess) a possibility for high return.

1st year head coach

1st year DC

1st year OC

2nd year GM

The possibility of seeing confusion on this team in 2018 is real in my mind, balanced, somewhat, by...umm...optimism?

Kind of feels like the spring of 2012 from that point of view.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Geez, this a high risk with (I guess) a possibility for high return.

1st year head coach

1st year DC

1st year OC

2nd year GM

The possibility of seeing confusion on this team in 2018 is real in my mind, balanced, somewhat, by...umm...optimism?

Kind of feels like the spring of 2012 from that point of view.

Everything Will Be Okay 

51 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They're showing Barkley as being the best player in the draft and Quentin Nelson, a G, being taken #5.  So I agree, today they're horrible.

Geez , there's nothing wrong with that. Barkley is considered the best player by many and Nelson in all likelihood should go between 5th and 9th .