Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?

dodsworth

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the SB

• Yes. It's the freakin' Super Bowl!
    • Yes. Our future coach is on the Patriot sideline.
    • No. This Super Bowl doesn't interest me.
    • No. Watching the Pats in another SB is getting mundane.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

You know the closer this game gets now the more I wonder if Philly has a chance and with how their team is built they will pull "a Giants". Then I say nah, Brady vs. Foles. Brady rolls.

But the Philly D if it shows up can do some damage.

Just well this is what happens too when you got two weeks before a game and you come up with different scenarios.

Funny thing is, I didn't think the Giants in 2007 had a shot until a few days before the big game. Then I was starting to wonder.

Odds say the Pats win but sheesh two weeks before a game makes you doubt things too. haha 

Ya know. The day is good. It's just most teams (except Kansas City) can't play hard into the fourth when the pats are done playing possum haha. I'm sure eagles will jump 14-3 or something, then lead 17-3 in the 4th and go stagnant. Have a few 3 and outs. Amendola, will catch a TD in the back of the end zone. An intercept will be dropped and the Pats will be up 20-17 lol

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time in many years that I have not followed any of the Super Bowl festivities or listened to player interviews. I really don't want to watch the SB but I probably will. I don't know who to root for. Probably the Eagles for a change. Too much Patriots all the time.

The one thing that may salvage SB week for me is if a Vikings player(s) is elected to the Super Bowl. Randy Moss has a good shot but given that Terrell Owens has yet to be voted in (mind-boggling), it is not a sure thing Moss will get in. Steve Hutchinson played the most years if his career as a Viking. With all the good offensive linemen among the finalists, he is a long shot. But I hope...

Good luck to Randy and Hutch! 

17 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Ya know. The day is good. It's just most teams (except Kansas City) can't play hard into the fourth when the pats are done playing possum haha. I'm sure eagles will jump 14-3 or something, then lead 17-3 in the 4th and go stagnant. Have a few 3 and outs. Amendola, will catch a TD in the back of the end zone. An intercept will be dropped and the Pats will be up 20-17 lol

Going to be interesting. I know the Eagles strength is the d line and depth there. They are going to HAVE to get to Brady...like a lot.

I am actually starting to get really curious now about this game. If it looks bad early for the Eagles it will be boring but normally Pats Super Bowls are pretty intense.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:19 AM, IcEWoLF said:

I don't know whats with some people every year posting "Will you watch the sb?" Is this a ritual or something?

I watched the SB every year when I started following football.

You know what else I do? I watch the NBA finals even if my team is not playing in it.

You know what else? I watch the World Series, I may not watch every single game, but I watch it.

Guess what? I will watch the World cup even if Italy is not going to be in it...yes my roots are Italian.

I think it's not the SB if theor watching. It's more if their watching the Patriots gping for another tainted title. A lot of football fans are turned off by them and tune them out.

I haven't decided yet on watching or not. But yes I do watch NBA Finals, World Series, and will be watching the Winter Olympics. Love the Ski Jump. It's like their flying.

I'll watch... it's an event.

i fully expect the Patriots to win by at least 17 but I will certainly be rooting for the Eagles. It's too bad that both fan bases are so awful in general but the Eagles have some good guys on their team and I know a couple of people who are both awesome people and Eagles fans.

I do not understand how anyone who isn't a diehard Patriots fan can root for that organization.

3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I'm sure the Patriots gameplan is just show up on the field, walk over to the Eagles sideline, go "Boo!" and then the whole Eagles team will bolt the field in fear.

Nah that is only when the Eagles are up 27-0 with 5 minutes left, then they go Boo and the Pats come back to win in 5 minutes 28-27!

On 1/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I always watch but really don't care who wins. At this point rooting against the Patriots has even got boring :lol:. If the Pats win it wont even bother me, it didn't bother me last year to be honest as much as I thought it would. After the Pats beat Seattle in SB 49 I quit letting the Pats get to me. I miss Peyton because at least his teams were able to beat the Pats and we would have a different AFC team in it now and then. Big Ben and the others just don't cut the mustard at this point in the AFC.

I'm on the same boat.  I used to completely lose it when the Pats would win, but after they beat Seattle I just let it go.  Last year I was just in complete awe of both the Pats comeback and the Falcons collapse.  

As far as Peyton, I said it in another thread that he was the Larry Bird to Brady being Magic.  Without one, the other isn't as interesting.  Currently there is no one on Brady's level, especially being paired with Belichick. At one point, I used to look forward to seeing Brady getting pushed out of the league like an over the hill boxer, but I think he's going to leave on his own terms after another championship win, possibly this year or next.  

1 hour ago, Corndog said:

I'm on the same boat.  I used to completely lose it when the Pats would win, but after they beat Seattle I just let it go.  Last year I was just in complete awe of both the Pats comeback and the Falcons collapse.  

As far as Peyton, I said it in another thread that he was the Larry Bird to Brady being Magic.  Without one, the other isn't as interesting.  Currently there is no one on Brady's level, especially being paired with Belichick. At one point, I used to look forward to seeing Brady getting pushed out of the league like an over the hill boxer, but I think he's going to leave on his own terms after another championship win, possibly this year or next.  

I don't like this comparison because I hate Larry Bird and like Peyton.

Putting that aside I still hate the Pats but don't get worked up when the win anymore because honestly my interest in the NFL as a whole isn't as intense as it once was.

I don't take sports losses as hard anymore.

ETA I won't watch the SB the Pats are in it but also this matchup doesn't interest me either.

I don't like the Eagles either if the Jags were in it I would've watched.

10 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

I'm glad all you Nancy's that decided not to watch missed a great game....   And it was a GREAT game by both teams.  

9 hours ago, dodsworth said:

I have no regrets boycotting another Patriot SB after last year's. Glad they lost anyway.

8 hours ago, IinD said:

I won't ever feel bad for missing a Pats game.

Add me to the list of "Nancy's" that have zero regrets in not watching the Super Bowl.  As a matter of fact, I am quite happy with myself about the decision not to watch.

Well you all missed a great football game. Maybe it's just me but I enjoy football plain and simple.    And I'm not going to cry whenever my team isn't in the SB 

watching 2 great offenses and the gutsy play calling by Pederson along with an almost perfect game by Tom only to be beaten by a backup QB who deserves to be a starter in the league was worth every minute to me.  It will be an instant classic. One of the best games I have ever seen 

Again.   I'm not a fair weather fan.   I take the bumps and bruises of losing right along with the glory of hoisting the Lombardi 

40 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Well you all missed a great football game. Maybe it's just me but I enjoy football plain and simple.    And I'm not going to cry whenever my team isn't in the SB 

watching 2 great offenses and the gutsy play calling by Pederson along with an almost perfect game by Tom only to be beaten by a backup QB who deserves to be a starter in the league was worth every minute to me.  It will be an instant classic. One of the best games I have ever seen 

Again.   I'm not a fair weather fan.   I take the bumps and bruises of losing right along with the glory of hoisting the Lombardi 

Our team isn't hoisting the Lombardi every 3rd year. The Patriot SB reruns are nauseating for some Colt fans.

Around 6pm I decided I would watch. I didn't watch any pre-game garbage. Very Happy with the outcome. :D

A very entertaining game. Poorly played on defense but patriots losing was all that mattered to me. Brady fumbling and failed at end of game AND Belichek flopping on defense was icing on cake.

Glad I watched. :banana: