Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?

dodsworth

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the SB

• Yes. It's the freakin' Super Bowl!
    • Yes. Our future coach is on the Patriot sideline.
    • No. This Super Bowl doesn't interest me.
    • No. Watching the Pats in another SB is getting mundane.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I always watch but really don't care who wins. At this point rooting against the Patriots has even got boring :lol:. If the Pats win it wont even bother me, it didn't bother me last year to be honest as much as I thought it would. After the Pats beat Seattle in SB 49 I quit letting the Pats get to me. I miss Peyton because at least his teams were able to beat the Pats and we would have a different AFC team in it now and then. Big Ben and the others just don't cut the mustard at this point in the AFC.

Not going to watch, but I do have a vested interest in the Super Bowl. Have about 15 autographed rookie, low numbered Brandin Cooks cards that I got in 2014 in various expensive football packs ($10 or more a pack). I also have a Zach Ertz Auto Rookie, #/15 graded 9.5 out of 10 auto that I traded for in 2013 that I've been holding onto. Hoping both of them have huge games and increase their value heavily in the biggest game of both their lives. Have a chance to make some money this way. I will be sleeping during the SB though because I'm superstitious that if I watch, the Pats will win and my players will do horrible (whenever I sleep on fantasy football championship week 16 in money leagues, I always win. If I stay up all day, I get destroyed).

I don't want to but my daughter has just bought a huge fancy TV and wants to have a super bowl party.

So, do i hate the patriots more than I love my daughter? No, but I'm still trying to think of excuses that I could give that won't hurt her feelings.

I'll probably be in the vicinity of the game

No, not going to watch.

Ive literally watched every single Sunday, Thursday, and Monday night games I could this year. I watched every playoff game the last 4 years.

Except any game with the ***** up in the eastern area of the US. **** watching any game involving them. I will gladly watch the 2011 colts entire season, or the 2017 browns entire season, or the winless Lions season over any game involving those ****** **** ***** ***** wipes playing the Eagles this weekend

Judging by this poll, roughly 1/3 of colts fans are not going to tune

into this SB. I'm sure our blood runs a little colder than most fan bases

towards Brady and the Pats, but this is saying something about fans

getting tired of Patriot SB reruns of something we see time and again.

I would believe fan bases of the AFC East, Pitt and maybe a few others 

are feeling the same way. I would bet the ratings will be down this year.

As a patriots fan, I will be watching the game...but with MUCH less interest/commitment than I have watched past SB's.

The fact is that I am very upset with the politicization of the NFL, the concussion issue, inconsistent officiating ACROSS THE LEAGUE, and a number of other issues...

I have been a hard-core consumer & supporter of the NFL since 1975, but the way things have unfolded in recent years, I am taking the same path which led me to quit watching NASCAR. Simply put, it is not the same game it once was.

Mark Cuban put it best when he said "Pigs get fat...hogs get slaughtered"....

Recently, one of the sports guys on TV said he is interested to see how many Pats players will follow their OC when he goes to Indy to take the HC job. I never gave that any thought but if the guy (I don't know which on it was) knows what he is talking about I will listen closely for such comments during the SB.

50 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

As a patriots fan, I will be watching the game...but with MUCH less interest/commitment than I have watched past SB's.

The fact is that I am very upset with the politicization of the NFL, the concussion issue, inconsistent officiating ACROSS THE LEAGUE, and a number of other issues...

I have been a hard-core consumer & supporter of the NFL since 1975, but the way things have unfolded in recent years, I am taking the same path which led me to quit watching NASCAR. Simply put, it is not the same game it once was.

Mark Cuban put it best when he said "Pigs get fat...hogs get slaughtered"....

It's as if the NFL are biased towards certain teams and having the refs

control the games instead of letting it play itself out. When calls go under

the hood and all of America sees the play and the refs call it different

then something is up.

To be fair it's just as bad in college basketball. Just watch a Big Ten ball

game and watch the majority of calls go to the home team. 

I don't know whats with some people every year posting "Will you watch the sb?" Is this a ritual or something?

I watched the SB every year when I started following football.

You know what else I do? I watch the NBA finals even if my team is not playing in it.

You know what else? I watch the World Series, I may not watch every single game, but I watch it.

Guess what? I will watch the World cup even if Italy is not going to be in it...yes my roots are Italian.

1 hour ago, IcEWoLF said:

I don't know whats with some people every year posting "Will you watch the sb?" Is this a ritual or something?

I watched the SB every year when I started following football.

You know what else I do? I watch the NBA finals even if my team is not playing in it.

You know what else? I watch the World Series, I may not watch every single game, but I watch it.

Guess what? I will watch the World cup even if Italy is not going to be in it...yes my roots are Italian.

And don't forget winter Olympic figure skating, or that might just be me who gets pumped over that........

But for real, the Olympics ARE cool.

I watch plenty of postseason games too like you mentioned or at least have them around in the background if home. Or check the score later. When it comes to the SB or the NBA finals or world series it is something you want to see at least some of.

I am not even a big hockey fan but I try to catch some of the hockey postseason. 

I am going to continue to be mega busy (but in a good way) until July or August but I still am a big "score watcher" on my phone. It's addictive.

Of  course some matchups in big games are more fun then others. Pats/Eagles is OK, but not the most exciting Super Bowl to me. Brady vs. Brees would have been more fun but Philly did get homefield and earned the right to be here too. They had a terrific season and are still a very good team so I don't think at all they are going to "lie down" in this game right now. I favor the Patriots but I won't be shocked if the Eagles can make it a good game.