Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AV comments about his future

csmopar

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Guys this clutch and dependable don't grow on trees.  I think he still has length in the leg.  I want him back.  Hopefully Ballard feels the same way.

Yeah, you pretty much encapsulated my feelings/loyalty to Automatic Adam too MBCF. 

His production/consistency is still high. Plus, funny dudes crack me up. I always want comedians in the locker room to lighten the mood. 

I hate the business side of the NFL. It blows like a necessary evil I guess. Adam is so down to earth too. He just rocks. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I can’t see teams beating down the door for him.  Hope they keep him, but like he said, it’s a business.  

I read ya man. That's why I'd make a horrible GM S-monroe. I get too attached to teammates I like. I'm not built to be cut throat & emotionless when it revolves around INDY's roster. 

Plus, I'm older myself so, I appreciate experience over youth & athleticism anyway.

If it's not broken, don't bleep with a winning formula right? Works for me. 

2 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I can't see the Colts bringing him back at last year's salary of 2.75 mil.

Why not?

He's still producing at an elite level, and he brings a good veteran presence to the team/locker room.

Plus we have the money and only $1 million guaranteed on his last contract, so not like we are risking much.

I am all for re-signing AV.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I read ya man. That's why I'd make a horrible GM S-monroe. I get too attached to teammates I like. I'm not built to be cut throat & emotionless when it revolves around INDY's roster. 

Plus, I'm older myself so, I appreciate experience over youth & athleticism anyway.

If it's not broken, don't bleep with a winning formula right? Works for me. 

Irsay is somewhat like that too. Maybe to a fault. Normally Irsay sits back and lets his GMs do their job but this might be the one time he hints to Ballard make it happen?  Adan said one more year. Hopefully it will be wearing the horseshoe.

I love AV BUT, at some point Father Time will coming knocking on his door and he will not be the same AV we love. That could be mid season or could be 3 seasons from now. 

CB has a tough decision ahead and I’m fine either way. 

8 hours ago, esmort said:

Why not?

He's still producing at an elite level, and he brings a good veteran presence to the team/locker room.

Plus we have the money and only $1 million guaranteed on his last contract, so not like we are risking much.

I can never understand people balking at paying a kicker $3 million. It has virtually no impact on the overall salary cap 

9 hours ago, esmort said:

Why not?

I hope they resign him too, but he will most likely have to take less $$$$$$.

2 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I hope they resign him too, but he will most likely have to take less $$$$$$.

What are you basing your opinion on? What's different this season than when he signed his last contract (2016)?

He's older yeah, but still kicking elite and was on track for a record until the "blizzard game". 

You don't get rid of your HOF clutch kicker that is still playing at a high level over a $3 million/yr contract (with only $1 million guaranteed). 

1 hour ago, esmort said:

What are you basing your opinion on? What's different this season than when he signed his last contract (2016)?

He's older yeah, but still kicking elite and was on track for a record until the "blizzard game". 

You don't get rid of your HOF clutch kicker that is still playing at a high level over a $3 million/yr contract (with only $1 million guaranteed). 

Just basing it on most teams have let go their older kickers when they are making too much based on future expectations. Father time does catch up with us all so who knows how much longer he can kick at this level. The Colts may offer less and that may irritate AV and the relationship would be over. Hope this is not the case.

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Irsay is somewhat like that too. Maybe to a fault. Normally Irsay sits back and lets his GMs do their job but this might be the one time he hints to Ballard make it happen?  Adan said one more year. Hopefully it will be wearing the horseshoe.

I totally agree with everything you said. Let's pray you're a prophet CC1.